[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

KSP: 1.7.0.2483

Problem: M.O.L.E. and GondoLab (as well as any other similar labs) ANY OmniConverter GUI "squishes" into the upper left corner of the GUI when clicking one of the OmniConverters.

Mods installed:

Spoiler

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
KSPModFileLocalizer v0.2.3.3
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.7.1 / v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
FilterExtensions v3.2.2.17 / v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
ToolbarControl v0.1.6.20 / v1.0.0.0
AnimatedAttachment v0.4.1.0 / v0.4.0.0
Assembly-CSharp-firstpass v0.0.0.0
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
TDx.TDxInput v1.1.0.0
UnityEngine v0.0.0.0
UnityEngine.UI v1.0.0.0
B9PartSwitch v2.7.1.0 / vv2.7.1
BDB v1.4.4.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
CCK v4.0.0.0 / v4.0.0.0 for KSP 1.5.0
DeployableEngines v2.2.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
AGExt v2.3.4.0 / v1.0.0.0
DMagic v1.4.2.0 / vv1.4.2.0
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric v0.20.0.0
DynamicBatteryStorage v1.0.0.0
EasyVesselSwitch v1.10.6933.41006 / v1.10 for KSP v1.6+
KSPDev_Utils.1.0 v1.0.6932.29416 / v1.0 for KSP v1.6+
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
Firespitter v7.3.6867.18541
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
FShangarExtender v3.5.3.5 / v3.5.0.0
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes v1.0.0.0
InterstellarFuelSwitch v3.8.1.5
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
KAS v0.6.4.39793 / v0.6.4 for KSP 1.4+
KAS-API-v1 v1.0.0.0 / vKAS API v1
KAS-API-v2 v2.0.7037.1430 / vKAS API v2
KSPDev_Utils.0.37 v0.37.6763.34473 / v0.37 for KSP v1.4+
KSPDev_Utils.1.2 v1.2.7031.33522 / v1.2 for KSP v1.6+
MiniAVC v1.3.0.3
HyperEdit v1.5.8.0 / v1.5.8
KerbetrotterTools v1.2.10.0
KIS v1.18.6971.42939 / v1.18 for KSP 1.6+
KSPDev_Utils.1.1 v1.1.6967.2347 / v1.1 for KSP v1.6+
MiniAVC v1.2.0.7
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
PatchManager v0.0.16.4 / v1.0.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Scale v2.4.1.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
UniversalStorage2 v1.5.1.8 / vv1.5.1.8
UniversalStorage2.Unity v1.5.1.8
VesselMover v1.7.3.0
BARISBridge v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
WildBlueTools v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
KerbalActuators v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
Buffalo v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
DSEVUtils v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
AirshipUtils v1.0.0.0
SuperKerbal v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
MoleUtils v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
Pathfinder v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
WorldStabilizer v1.0.7019.42563

Folders and files in GameData:
000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions_Configs
001_ToolbarControl
002_CommunityPartsTitles
AnimatedAttachment
B9PartSwitch
Benjee10_sharedAssets
Bluedog_DB
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
DeployableEngines
Diazo
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicScienceAnimate
DynamicBatteryStorage
EasyVesselSwitch
Firespitter
FShangarExtender
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
InterstellarFuelSwitch
KAS
Kerbaltek
KerbetrotterLtd
KIS
PatchManager
Stock folder: Squad

Stock folder: SquadExpansion

TweakScale
UniversalStorage2
VesselMover
WildBlueIndustries
WorldStabilizer
zFinal_FilterExtensions
KSPModFileLocalizer.dll
MMREADME.md
ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.README.md
ModuleManager.TechTree
Oven-Baked-Chicken-24.jpg
README.md
WBIPlayMode.cfg

Reproduction steps:

Build a simple M.O.L.E. or GondoLab ISRU setup, launch, then right-click the Lab. Open the Manage Operations GUI right-click the ISRU and click the OmniConverter tab button. Can be done whiles still in the Editor.

Log:

NOTE: I cannot find the Output_log.txt file in my KSP directory despite having hidden files shown, so I'm hoping my KSP.log will suffice

KSP.log

Also here's an image of what happens:

https://imgur.com/gallery/qxGMVhM

Edited by smb64
ANYTHING that uses the OmniConverter GUI does this

On 4/18/2019 at 10:10 PM, oniontrain said:

I don't have a plume on the Fulcrum engine, what might be causing this? Don't have realplume or anything like that installed. This is on 1.7.

edit: it appears to be all the LF/O engines from wildblue, what did I break?

I've got the same issue as well as one other:

With Community Tech Tree also installed, the flight control upgrades don't appear.  So far, my FCP module is stuck with no upgrade option, so it doesn't get the built-in RCS.   In sandbox (with the "Apply part upgrades" checked) it appears with RCS, just in career (and I assume Science mode also).   Edit:  At a glance (I'm pretty early in my 1.7 career) it looks like the engine upgrades show up normally, just not the flight control upgrades.

Edited by Cavscout74

@oniontrain I expected the log to be too big for pastebin, actually. That's exactly why I said to zip... But I had some hope otherwise. You're using an old version of MOLE (not 1.18) where I fixed the engine plumes proper. @Cavscout74 this might be your case too.

In addition, things are causing MM not to generate its cache file. This is a very bad sign (KSP tells you during loading when it fails to generate it) and is a clear warning that you have a broken game ahead. The major trouble-maker mod that you have is Mk2 Expansion. You may have a very old version. Remove that and Mk3 Expansion and see if ConfigCache and the MOLE engine plumes appear.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Well disregard the flight control upgrades being missing, either it was a glitch that fixed itself or I'm just blind.  The upgrades are available and flight control upgrade 1 works properly.  I'll try to get a log posted later tonight.   This is a fresh copy of KSP 1.7 with (among other mods) the most recent versions from Spacedock of MOLE, & DSEV

KSP log & MM Config:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g61coa8zt1cdb9q/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7i8ql9pjjudwx4/ModuleManagerConfigCache.txt?dl=0

(changed the filename to .txt, Dropbox wasn't wanting to create a link otherwise)

I also double checked the Fulcrum with a test pod on the launch pad and it has no smoke - I incorrectly stated there was no exhaust plume earlier.  Does the Fulcrum use a stock smoke effect?  I have the Restock mod loaded also

Edit 2: This is getting stranger now - after purchasing Flight Control upgrade 1, the Titan Instrument Unit now has all SAS modes.  Unless I'm missing something, there isn't even an upgrade for the Instrument Unit from upgrade #1 - IIRC, its flight control upgrade 2 that improves the SAS level.   SAS problem disappeared now without changing anything.

Edited by Cavscout74

Are there any problems with the robotic arm from Kerbal Actuators?

Situation: There is a station-module docked to a Dockingport. I align the robotic arm with the station-module and then decouple the dockingport. The station-Module is now docked to the robotoc arm and I can move it.
But if I might dock this station-part to another docking port the entire station begins to rotate, faster and faster till the g-forces destruct the station.

KSP 1.6.1.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:11 PM, Cheesecake said:

Are there any problems with the robotic arm from Kerbal Actuators?

Situation: There is a station-module docked to a Dockingport. I align the robotic arm with the station-module and then decouple the dockingport. The station-Module is now docked to the robotoc arm and I can move it.
But if I might dock this station-part to another docking port the entire station begins to rotate, faster and faster till the g-forces destruct the station.

KSP 1.6.1.

The arm isn't perfect and takes finesse to use. Don't try to bump your ship with something on the arm or the game will add Kraken forces. What I do is maneuver the object into position then release it and let the magnets of the docking ports take effect.

Meantime, here is a new update for MOLE, 1.18.3:

- Removed part restrictions on several experiments.

Thank you for this (and other mods).

Installed MOLE 1.18.3 into GameData (like should)

everything shows up, looking good.

Issue is the s.a.f.e.r. does everything it normally does; except generate EC.

No other WB installed, because if I read OP correctly, standalone, no dependencies (except for what was supplied with MOLE and the usual suspects like MM).

Just wondering what does SAFER use (module/mod wise) to function?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

If I build a new ship with the orbital dock, can it have experiments onboard?

If I understand your question, yes.

Since you are building from either a saved craft file or sub-assembly, anything that is on the craft/SA should be present when build with orbital dock (some assembly required, batteries, fuel, resources and Kerbals not included :):P:cool:)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

10 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

If I understand your question, yes.

Since you are building from either a saved craft file or sub-assembly, anything that is on the craft/SA should be present when build with orbital dock (some assembly required, batteries, fuel, resources and Kerbals not included :):P:cool:)

Oh, excellent, that makes extraplanetary bases and for that matter the wetworks way more practical.

21 minutes ago, IceTitan said:

I am having difficulties using the M.O.L.E is there a tutorial somewhere? Its saying 1 crew missing but I have 2 scientists in the M.O.L.E

That is unusual.

Have you tried transferring them out and back in again, if that’s an option with your ship configuration?

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

That is unusual.

Have you tried transferring them out and back in again, if that’s an option with your ship configuration?

will try

edit: Didn't work, also I watched a YouTube tutorial and the guy has a Labtime bar that I don't have.

Edited by IceTitan

(Probably) having the same issue as IceTitan.  So far (I haven't them all unlocked) the other parts work fine, but the M.O.L.E just will not stop saying it lacks crew.  One scientist or two, rentry via hatch or through CLS, reinstalling the mod while clearing the MM cache... it still stays mocking.   Even tried a cheeky cfg edit at one point to have the MOL's crewsRequired be set to 0.

If it's any help, Zip of the files I think people request when asking for troubleshooting help?

Why is the upgraded thrust of the WB-2/WB-3 so high? With both upgrades the WB-2 has the same thrust as the Poodle at less than half the mass, strictly dominating both it and the Cheetah. I've been playing with their thrust turned down to 100/110/120 and 90/100/110, respectively, but at that they still dominate the Cheetah (and leave the space between the Terrier and Cheetah quite crowded).

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.