[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

17 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks, I'm really curious about this. I can't figure out why you're getting angle snap when I can see that the ports have all their angle snap parameters turned off.

ok here is a video you can see that it spun me 90 degrees as it tried to dock the ship instead of connecting.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122637321

Sorry the video was a little dark.

Edited by Vaga

5 minutes ago, WissyWassy said:

Just wanted to add that I've experienced the same issue as Vaga while docking.

Tested with the MOLE MK1's situated on the station, and the default Jr, and Corvus docking ports on various ships.

I think a better situation would be to just have notches on the port so you can only connect in 90 degree intervals. 

The current snap angle only works from 0-180 degrees. This makes it hard to have one at 90 and another at 270 so they both face the ladder unless I attach my part to the port to so that 90 degrees = 270 degrees.  

On 2/16/2017 at 7:58 PM, Vaga said:

ok here is a video you can see that it spun me 90 degrees as it tried to dock the ship instead of connecting.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122637321

Sorry the video was a little dark.

4 hours ago, WissyWassy said:

Just wanted to add that I've experienced the same issue as Vaga while docking.

Tested with the MOLE MK1's situated on the station, and the default Jr, and Corvus docking ports on various ships.

4 hours ago, Vaga said:

I think a better situation would be to just have notches on the port so you can only connect in 90 degree intervals. 

The current snap angle only works from 0-180 degrees. This makes it hard to have one at 90 and another at 270 so they both face the ladder unless I attach my part to the port to so that 90 degrees = 270 degrees.  

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you're getting angle-snap. I specifically turned that off in MOLE. Maybe it's something I'm doing in code, I'll have to check.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you're getting angle-snap. I specifically turned that off in MOLE. Maybe it's something I'm doing in code, I'll have to check.

Might perhaps

acquireTorque = 10
		acquireTorqueRoll = 10

have something to do with it?

Did not have the time to test it yet, and there's not that much info to be found about these, however i did find a partial comment from you from october the 15th;

I found, however, that I can adjust acquireTorque and acquireTorqueRoll to roll the craft during port acquisition so that the docking ports will ...

Edited by WissyWassy
fat fingers

5 minutes ago, WissyWassy said:

Might perhaps

acquireTorque = 10
		acquireTorqueRoll = 10

have something to do with it?

Did not have the time to test it yet, and there's not that much info to be found about these, however i did find a partial comment from you from october the 15th;

Maybe, not sure. If someone gets a chance to comment out those parameters and see if you still get angle snap, that would help. :)

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDockingNode

referenceAttachNode = top

nodeType = size1p5

minDistanceToReEngage = 1

//		snapRotation = true

//		snapOffset = 90

//		captureMinRollDot = 0.999

//		portRoll = 30

//		portTorque = 30

//		acquireRange = 0.75

acquireTorque = 10

acquireTorqueRoll = 10

}

MODULE

{

name = WBIDockingNodeHelper

snapAngle = 90

}

}

What about this code here? 

snapAngle = 90     <---- Is this a function being called to snap to the angle or is this just the default menu setting?

I would think the other code is ok because it's not stopping the port at 90 degrees it's checking for if it needs to roll.  Haven't looked at code in years so I am probably wrong. lol

Edited by Vaga

Tested it without both parameters and WBIDockingNodeHelper module (edited the module out of the persistent save from my existing MOLE station), but unfortunately saw no difference in behavior :(

Mind you this was done with an existing station and ship already in space before I'd made the changes..

Will keep the changes for now to see if it will have an effect on any new ship/station I will be using in the future.

*Edit

Okay, did some more tests this afternoon with a new ship and performed several docking procedures;

http://prntscr.com/eaoyq5

And I'm happy to say the issue didn't occur any more on any of my dockings!

This is the portion I removed from the MOLE docking port configs;

acquireTorque = 10

acquireTorqueRoll = 10

}

MODULE

{

snapAngle = 90

}

}

Cheers

Edited by WissyWassy

17 hours ago, WissyWassy said:

Tested it without both parameters and WBIDockingNodeHelper module (edited the module out of the persistent save from my existing MOLE station), but unfortunately saw no difference in behavior :(

Mind you this was done with an existing station and ship already in space before I'd made the changes..

Will keep the changes for now to see if it will have an effect on any new ship/station I will be using in the future.

*Edit

Okay, did some more tests this afternoon with a new ship and performed several docking procedures;

http://prntscr.com/eaoyq5

And I'm happy to say the issue didn't occur any more on any of my dockings!

This is the portion I removed from the MOLE docking port configs;

Cheers

So are you saying it should look like this now on all 4 CFG files for the ports?

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDockingNode
		referenceAttachNode = top
		nodeType = size1p5
		minDistanceToReEngage = 1
//		snapRotation = true
//		snapOffset = 90
//		captureMinRollDot = 0.999
//		portRoll = 30
//		portTorque = 30
//		acquireRange = 0.75
//		acquireTorque = 10
//		acquireTorqueRoll = 10
	}

MODULE
	{
//		snapAngle = 90
	}
}

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Ah, that would do it! The docking helper.... Thanks all, this really helps. :) Now I can get a patch out by Tuesday at the latest.

Don't forget to patch it on your DSEV Mod also.  Found the same problem with:   HexPort.cfg and LargeDockingRing.cfg

OK, so I know you're pushing out all that beautiful DSEV stuff and draining my ability to give anyone else any rep :P but I did have a small request for MOLE whenever you want to look at it again.  RE: the SD-18 and SD-25 decouplers...The SD-18 has the slim/wide/barrel configurations to provide up or down form factor conversion.  The SD-25 has the wide and barrel options but not the slim allowing it to serve as an up converter but not down.  For an upper stage geo-sync service trunk the 1.875 form factor is perfect and doesn't require a lot of fuel/engine manipulation to keep it from being overkill so the option of having the down converter just like SD-18 would be brilliant.  

Don't know how hard this may or may not be since it looks like it would need some additional modelling (I think, not my world) and maybe you already had a reason for not doing it but thought I'd ask.  As a side note, this is the first time I'm using the full Wild Blue suite since I came back to KSP.  I'm using it for a GPP long form career game as the only surface colonization mod I'm running and you've managed to add so much content that I feel like I'm using something I've never seen before.  It's absolutely amazing!  Great job!

15 hours ago, rasta013 said:

OK, so I know you're pushing out all that beautiful DSEV stuff and draining my ability to give anyone else any rep :P but I did have a small request for MOLE whenever you want to look at it again.  RE: the SD-18 and SD-25 decouplers...The SD-18 has the slim/wide/barrel configurations to provide up or down form factor conversion.  The SD-25 has the wide and barrel options but not the slim allowing it to serve as an up converter but not down.  For an upper stage geo-sync service trunk the 1.875 form factor is perfect and doesn't require a lot of fuel/engine manipulation to keep it from being overkill so the option of having the down converter just like SD-18 would be brilliant.  

Don't know how hard this may or may not be since it looks like it would need some additional modelling (I think, not my world) and maybe you already had a reason for not doing it but thought I'd ask.  As a side note, this is the first time I'm using the full Wild Blue suite since I came back to KSP.  I'm using it for a GPP long form career game as the only surface colonization mod I'm running and you've managed to add so much content that I feel like I'm using something I've never seen before.  It's absolutely amazing!  Great job!

Not quite sure what the request is. You can flip the adapters upside down, and change them from decouplers to separators if desired.

Also, anybody want to take a crack at rebalancing MOLE's parts for USI-LS? Apparently there's now a spreadsheet and video to explain how the balancing works, but I don't have the time to do this right now (and I use Snacks, not USI-LS).

I'll explain a little better since now that I read what I wrote I'm not quite sure... :confused:

SD-18 has adapter settings for Barrel (1.875m), wide (2.5m) and slim (1.25m)

SD-25 has adapter settings for Barrel (2.5m) and wide (3.75m)

Specifically, what I was asking for was to have the 1.875m option on the SD-25 BUT...

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

You can flip the adapters upside down

This will probably work for what I want using the SD-18 since I want that option to down convert from 2.5m to 1.875m specifically at the decoupler...sometimes logically thinking about stuff doesn't work out as well as I'd like since it tends to overlook the obvious creative solution... :P

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Also, anybody want to take a crack at rebalancing MOLE's parts for USI-LS?

I can put it on my list but I've got DEV branch testing going for BDB and KSPWheel right now.  I'm mostly done with the BDB stuff so I might be able to get a look at the balance on it in the next short period (week or so).  Since I've got the full WBT suite installed on a GPP play through I can get a good feel for the balance as it's backed by USI-LS.  I've also got a good feel for the math behind it too and have already used that spreadsheet to fix a few personal parts of my own.  If someone else gets to it before me though, more power to you....

How is welding supposed to work? I've been testing around with stuff to try to figure it out. If I build a simple craft with two mk1 docking ports that I want to weld, when I try to do it one of the docking ports kind of falls off of the craft and then seemingly nothing else happens. When I tried to do this in orbit, there was a very strange behavior after where it felt like there was some magnetic force between the kerbal and the craft. 

I've played with all of the options in the settings menu and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.