[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Sokol_323 Soil is the waste product in Angel's life support mod, Snacks. You may be able to set a Buckboard to contain Soil and then simply ship it up. If that resource is not available then Snacks is a hard dependency for that experiment.

Thanks. I thought that there is some kind of dependency and a mod that I have not installed.

@Angel-125 - I downloaded & installed the latest MOLE and am still having the disappearing-lab-time issue. I build up lab time & go to the space center. When I return, the lab time resets to zero.

MOLE version 1.15.6, WBT version 155.1.

I was able to get the experiments to complete by warping time 30 days while at the space center, though.

Edited by Bombaatu

8 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

@Angel-125 - I downloaded & installed the latest MOLE and am still having the disappearing-lab-time issue. I build up lab time & go to the space center. When I return, the lab time resets to zero.

MOLE version 1.15.6, WBT version 155.11

I'm definitely not able to reproduce that. My tests have shown that the lab time stays put. Have you tried with just MOLE installed?

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm definitely not able to reproduce that. My tests have shown that the lab time stays put. Have you tried with just MOLE installed?

I am able to reproduce in plain 1.4.5 (and Making History DLC) with just MOLE 1.15.6.

Testing methodology:

• Start new sandbox; default settings.
  • Create a ship with MOLE, Titan Instrument Unit and Solar Battery Unit.
  • Load one experiment (I used Space Adaption Study). Put Scientist on board.
  • Launch & cheat craft into orbit. Extend solar panels, start experiment.
  • Note that lab time accumulates. Warp a bit so that lab time raises to around 0.5 on experiment; about 9 minutes MET.
  • Use blue 'Return To Space Center' button above altimeter.
  • Once at the space center, immediately use the Tracking Station to return to the craft.
  • Check experiment lab & note lab time. Lab time will have reset - in my case, it reset to 0.010.

Given that it didn't show 0.001, I surmise that it reset the moment the craft was unloaded and began 'ticking' again once I was at the space center. The accelerated rate is because the Scientist was 5-star & only one experiment was running. In my career, I'm usually running with a 1-star Scientist & 4 experiments simultaneously.

Here's a link to the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt4wnnw1vi1rm1a/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by Bombaatu

2 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I am able to reproduce in plain 1.4.5 (and Making History DLC) with just MOLE 1.15.6.

Testing methodology:

• Start new sandbox; default settings.
  • Create a ship with MOLE, Titan Instrument Unit and Solar Battery Unit.
  • Load one experiment (I used Space Adaption Study). Put Scientist on board.
  • Launch & cheat craft into orbit. Extend solar panels, start experiment.
  • Note that lab time accumulates. Warp a bit so that lab time raises to around 0.5 on experiment; about 9 minutes MET.
  • Use blue 'Return To Space Center' button above altimeter.
  • Once at the space center, immediately use the Tracking Station to return to the craft.
  • Check experiment lab & note lab time. Lab time will have reset - in my case, it reset to 0.010.

Given that it didn't show 0.001, I surmise that it reset the moment the craft was unloaded and began 'ticking' again once I was at the space center. The accelerated rate is because the Scientist was 5-star & only one experiment was running. In my career, I'm usually running with a 1-star Scientist & 4 experiments simultaneously.

Here's a link to the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt4wnnw1vi1rm1a/KSP.log?dl=0

Thank you for the detailed steps to reproduce the issue. Details like this help me figure out what's going on. I can reproduce the issue, so I'll be figuring out what's going to today and fixing it. :)

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Thank you for the detailed steps to reproduce the issue. Details like this help me figure out what's going on. I can reproduce the issue, so I'll be figuring out what's going to today and fixing it. :)

No problem. I also reported an issue in the Snacks thread, but the issue didn't show up unless both Snacks and MOLE were installed.

I posted this over in the Universal Storage II thread, but I like this ship, and it's mostly MOLE:

US_MOLE.png

The Interstage Service Compartment is nearly an exact fit for the hexacore under US II.  That ship has enough DV to make it to the Mun (though not to return, if you actually orbit), and has storage for supplies and equipment.  (I could give it more DV by dropping some of the storage, or the massive battery, of course.)

It's my new trainer.  ;)

I noticed another issue with MOLE labs the other night. Here's the reproduction steps the best I can remember; if you can't recreate the issue from this, I'll recreate it locally and give a more detailed step-by-step.

1. Build a MOLE ship, load with experiments, add scientist.
  2. Get it into orbit & start experiments. Let lab time build up. Return to Space Center
  3. In the VAB, create a new MOLE ship. Do NOT click Show Manifest. Launch.
  4. Once on the launchpad, check to see lab's experiments.

EXPECTED RESULT: there will be no experiments on board since they were not loaded in the VAB

ACTUAL RESULT: Not only will the 2nd MOLE have the same experiments as the first, it will also have approximately the same amount of lab the 1st ship time built up.

A little odd this. I see there are two arms. One in actuators and one in mole. I presume the one in mole is the one that erm is the working one? If so why not remove the one from actuators? I only saw the one in actuators and so cloned that. Now that I am aware of the one in mole I renamed the part to clone from. I only cloned it to add heat resistance, ie increase max temp and give it a skin temp if i remember correctly. Sort of the same area, is there any likely issue with having more than one arm per craft? Oh and I guess one final question. I see nodetype = size0. I would first think that was only for docking with other docks with size0. Is that right? I would have thought any size. Or even just grab. Having said that the grab has something like size0. So if you are not docking node to node, ie one dock to another dock, the nodetype size is kind of irrelevant? Other than physics in term of say magnet strength etc?

4 minutes ago, Athur Dent said:

Maybe I am too stupid to find the documentation for this, bu how do you generate lab time?

Load experiments and a scientist onboard a MOLE; ensure you also have ResearchKits. Once launched, right-click the MOLE & select Manage Operations, then Experiment Lab. Start the experiments; lab time will accrue so long as their is a Scientist in the part & the ship has ResearchKits. All of this is in the KSPedia entry for MOLE, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Bombaatu

• 2 weeks later...

Mark One Laboratory Extensions 1.15.11.0 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/MOLE/releases/tag/v1.15.11.0

Changes

- Fixes Play Mode failing to rename certain files. NOTE: You might need to reset your current play mode. Simply open the WBT app from the Space Center, choose another mode, press OK, and again open the app, selecting your original play mode. Then be sure to restart KSP.

• 4 weeks later...

MOLE 1.16 is now available:

Omni Converters & Storage
- Added search functions to OmniStorage and OmniConverter GUI.
- Play Mode now lists which mods support a particular mode.

Classic Stock
- Added new Classic Stock omni converters: Propellium Distiller, Oxium Distiller, Snack Grinder (requres Snacks), Soil Dehydrator (requires Snacks).
- MOLE, MOH, and BOW all default to Omni templates.
- Fixes Play Mode failing to rename certain files. NOTE: You might need to reset your current play mode. Simply open the WBT app from the Space Center, choose another mode, press OK, and again open the app, selecting your original play mode. Then be sure to restart KSP.

Hi Angel-125,

I seem to be having some trouble with your mod and connected living space mod playing nicely together. 

The issue I've run into is if I start a ship with a M.O.L.E. attached in "wet mode" and then subsequently while "in flight" convert it to the standard M.O.L.E. setup.  It will no longer be available to transfer crew to using the connected living space mod.

Any idea's?

Thanks.

Edit:  I figured out that if you leave the ship (going back to space center) and then return to it, reloading the ship allows transfers again.  I guess that works.

Edited by Cheostian

32 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

@Angel-125

Cg8GuMQ.jpg

I just got the latest version of pathfinder with the new version of wild blue tools but it appears none of the M.O.L.E. parts are configurable and are missing the manage operations option?

Could be an install issue. I checked them out this morning. What play mode are you using?

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Could be an install issue. I checked them out this morning. What play mode are you using?

CRP, I think, i'll rei-install and check if the issue persists

welp off to spending 15 minutes getting KSP loaded again, man do I wish KSP loaded proportionately fast to near 100GB triple A titles, even GTA 5 online launches faster than my 7-8 gig modded install of ksp

and gta online is notorious for loading slowly but at least that's based on a 100GB filesize game :/

okay it's working now, re-installed it twice, thank god, I really didn't want to sit through a multi hour troubleshooting because it takes 15 minutes to boot up KSP on my SSD

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.