[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

First of all thanks for the new update.

Are you also planning on redoing the textures of the Brumby and adding Aset-support for the new Appaloosa?

I also ran in a texture glitch with the new Appaloosa Orbital module (this happened in a bare install with only MOLE and both DLC's):

https://imgur.com/a/rhsATMi

Thanks in advance

Edited by rettter3

I'm not getting any plume with the Colt running in normal mode.  I initially thought it was a Restock issue since the Colt calls on some stock FX, but making a whitelist file didn't help.  Abort mode & the RCS work just fine as-is, only normal mode isn't producing a plume.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Edit:  This is still on 1.8.1

Edited by Cavscout74

On 2/12/2020 at 6:40 AM, rettter3 said:

First of all thanks for the new update.

Are you also planning on redoing the textures of the Brumby and adding Aset-support for the new Appaloosa?

I also ran in a texture glitch with the new Appaloosa Orbital module (this happened in a bare install with only MOLE and both DLC's):

https://imgur.com/a/rhsATMi

Thanks in advance

I've considered redoing the Brumby, but also considering hiding it since Making History has the Mk2. The Flight Control Package already has an option to match the Mk2 texture. For the new Appaloosa, an ASET/MAS IVA is already in the works. I'll have to investigate the texture issue.

47 minutes ago, Cavscout74 said:

I'm not getting any plume with the Colt running in normal mode.  I initially thought it was a Restock issue since the Colt calls on some stock FX, but making a whitelist file didn't help.  Abort mode & the RCS work just fine as-is, only normal mode isn't producing a plume.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Edit:  This is still on 1.8.1

I'm investigating, it appears that something's changed since I finished my dev and testing work.

12 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I've considered redoing the Brumby, but also considering hiding it since Making History has the Mk2.

I vastly prefer the Brumby over the Mk2 - larger windows, better IVA. Also, the ReStock team isn't touching any of the MH parts since they hate them with a red-hot fiery passion, so having a ReStock-ish Gemini would be great. My $0.02 worth ;)

Edited by Bombaatu

Need to report an issue; pretty sure it's a MOLE-based issue but I could be mistaken.

So, I've been attempting lately to fill out my Aban Pearl outpost (a Pathfinder base) on Moho. That job is done, so my attention has been attempting to turn to an orbital shipyard. Every time I attempt to load the shipyard craft file up in the outpost's Rangeland, though, it summons a Kraken (sometimes taking the base with it, other times just summoning the shipyard into existence but sideways and several meters away from the base proper). 

Now, I am able to load up other craft files into the Rangeland for printing with no issues - it replies with the standard amount of resources required for construction as normal. I did some experimentation last night and have come to the determination (why I'm posting about this on the MOLE thread) that it's only my craft files that contain Orbital Pipelines and/or Bigby Workshops that are summoning Krakens.

Here is the log file for the session in which I did my experimentation. For good measure, here is the craft file for the Ikeport Core 7, the orbital shipyard design I'm attempting to build. Using a clean install in CRP mode of MOLE 1.21.1, Buffalo 2.8.1 and Pathfinder 1.35.0 with WildBlueTools 1.75.0 on KSP 1.8.1. If you need any more information from me or need me to do more experimentation, let me know.

Edited by capi3101

Did some more experimentation today - it's definitely all of my craft with a BOW that I can't print anymore. I remembered that I did have a craft with a Pipeline without a BOW (namely the mass driver prow I installed aboard SL Shai Hulud) and was able to load it for printing at Aban Pearl without issue. 

Not just the Pathfinder Rangelands that are having problems. For good measure I tried to print up the same shipyard craft file aboard LSV House Corrino (which has a MOLE Mk1 Drydock). Rather than loading correctly, the ship just kinda pooped out the shipyard...would've kept the end result but I figured that it was Kraken-bait...

On 2/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, capi3101 said:

Did some more experimentation today - it's definitely all of my craft with a BOW that I can't print anymore. I remembered that I did have a craft with a Pipeline without a BOW (namely the mass driver prow I installed aboard SL Shai Hulud) and was able to load it for printing at Aban Pearl without issue. 

Not just the Pathfinder Rangelands that are having problems. For good measure I tried to print up the same shipyard craft file aboard LSV House Corrino (which has a MOLE Mk1 Drydock). Rather than loading correctly, the ship just kinda pooped out the shipyard...would've kept the end result but I figured that it was Kraken-bait...

Started a new job but hopefully this week I can figure out what is going on and if it’s something on my end, post a patch.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:25 PM, capi3101 said:

Alright, thanks for the update.

Ok, I just tested in KSP 1.9 with the latest Extraplanetary Launchpads, and I'm able to build a BOW without issue:

jUTktgU.png

The game didn't hang, and the BOW appeared as expected. This is running Classic Stock.

I also don't see both CRP and Classic Stock resource configs in use at the same time, or copies of the config files in .txt and .cfg extensions. I checked both my dev build and my release zip files.

Edited by Angel-125

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, I just tested in KSP 1.9 with the latest Extraplanetary Launchpads, and I'm able to build a BOW without issue:

Damn. What about the craft file for the Ikeport Core craft file specifically? I'm grasping at straws here...

The game didn't hang, and the BOW appeared as expected. This is running Classic Stock.

What about in CRP mode? Shouldn't make a difference.

I also don't see both CRP and Classic Stock resource configs in use at the same time, or copies of the config files in .txt and .cfg extensions. I checked both my dev build and my release zip files.

Not sure what this statement is about. I was trying to help someone on the Pathfinder thread recently who had this issue, but it wasn't something I was experiencing myself.

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Damn. What about the craft file for the Ikeport Core craft file specifically? I'm grasping at straws here...

What about in CRP mode? Shouldn't make a difference.

Not sure what this statement is about. I was trying to help someone on the Pathfinder thread recently who had this issue, but it wasn't something I was experiencing myself.

Do you have KIS or KAS installed?

Yes, I was also testing pathfinder issues but found none.

Angel-125,

Thanks so much for all you have contributed to this project.  I would love to use it more but I can not find any instructions.  KSPedia is mentioned throughout the forums, but I can not find the entry for MOLE when I open KSPedia.  I have ensured that the MOLE and WildBlue Tools are installed with the correct file structure, and all of the parts work just fine.  But no KSPedia entry, and I can not figure out how to do science.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

9 hours ago, orionguy said:

Angel-125,

Thanks so much for all you have contributed to this project.  I would love to use it more but I can not find any instructions.  KSPedia is mentioned throughout the forums, but I can not find the entry for MOLE when I open KSPedia.  I have ensured that the MOLE and WildBlue Tools are installed with the correct file structure, and all of the parts work just fine.  But no KSPedia entry, and I can not figure out how to do science.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

How you use MOLE boils down to:

• You first need to unlock the science processor (I forget its exact name) which sips on time, EC and ResearchKits and produces LabTime. This simulates the experiment running and being observed (as is the nature of LDEF (Long-Duration Exposure Facility) experiments).
  • You need to unlock the experiment wedges themselves and preferably, the mounting structures for them. Once you have them, check their advanced info and see what their requirements are. Some demand certain stock experiments, some demand certain situations, some demand crew, some even demand resources. The Botany experiment requires parts that can produce "Plants" and these include a botany wedge or a MOLE greenhouse. All experiments require LabTime. That's the default.
  • Some science parts have the ability to load multiple LDEF experiments into them such as MOLE itself (in the proper science lab mode), the WBI Buckboards, and the stock Experiment Storage Unit (actually I think this only holds 1). The MOLE lab and compatible labs also hold a LabTime generator which you can supplement with the wedges for the same. And you'll want to. Time is precious.
  • MOLE labs also have a feature or a mode just like the stock science lab. These require scientists and sip on EC + something (I don't remember, likely ResearchKits) and produce science points that you transmit back to KSC. I like it much more than the stock science data processor. ResearchKits largely replaces the Science Data mechanism, and with some effort and the requirements, a base or station can make new ResearchKits.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

How you use MOLE boils down to:

• You first need to unlock the science processor (I forget its exact name) which sips on time, EC and ResearchKits and produces LabTime. This simulates the experiment running and being observed (as is the nature of LDEF (Long-Duration Exposure Facility) experiments).
  • You need to unlock the experiment wedges themselves and preferably, the mounting structures for them. Once you have them, check their advanced info and see what their requirements are. Some demand certain stock experiments, some demand certain situations, some demand crew, some even demand resources. The Botany experiment requires parts that can produce "Plants" and these include a botany wedge or a MOLE greenhouse. All experiments require LabTime. That's the default.
  • Some science parts have the ability to load multiple LDEF experiments into them such as MOLE itself (in the proper science lab mode), the WBI Buckboards, and the stock Experiment Storage Unit (actually I think this only holds 1). The MOLE lab and compatible labs also hold a LabTime generator which you can supplement with the wedges for the same. And you'll want to. Time is precious.
  • MOLE labs also have a feature or a mode just like the stock science lab. These require scientists and sip on EC + something (I don't remember, likely ResearchKits) and produce science points that you transmit back to KSC. I like it much more than the stock science data processor. ResearchKits largely replaces the Science Data mechanism, and with some effort and the requirements, a base or station can make new ResearchKits.

Thank you!!!

Just to clarify then,  Lab Time is a  more of a resource more than it is a "time"?

Awesome explanation

4 minutes ago, orionguy said:

Just to clarify then,  Lab Time is a  more of a resource more than it is a "time"?

It's a resource, yes. It simulates time and CPU power spent observing the experiment, and so, each experiment requires different amounts of it. And you're welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

I do hope this thread is the right place to ask:

I did not install MOLE, but got the experiment science extension and contracts through Buffalo parts. I did accept an "Run Ice Cream Experiement on the Mun" contract and thought I could do it without installing MOLE since it modifies stock science parts as well, but I am struggling:

I did load the experiement on a science storage, included the stock science lab and added a container with some additional research kits. All of this is now landed on the Mun, the contract shows green ticks for Transport experiement and Satisfy all experiment conditions, but not for complete experiment.

I did try to transfer the experiment into the lab, then run again lab time. Progress goes to 100% but it only seems to complete some other Experiements, as review data shows texts like "Research indicates that you did not go into space today."

From looking at the description in BasicExperiments.cfg this should only come at KerbinSrfLanded, however I am 100% landed at the Mun East Crater !

Also I only ever get the Result from WBISpaceResearch experiment, never any message from WBIIceCreamResearch.

What is actually needed to complete a experiment ?

On 3/22/2020 at 3:43 AM, CBase said:

I do hope this thread is the right place to ask:

I did not install MOLE, but got the experiment science extension and contracts through Buffalo parts. I did accept an "Run Ice Cream Experiement on the Mun" contract and thought I could do it without installing MOLE since it modifies stock science parts as well, but I am struggling:

I did load the experiement on a science storage, included the stock science lab and added a container with some additional research kits. All of this is now landed on the Mun, the contract shows green ticks for Transport experiement and Satisfy all experiment conditions, but not for complete experiment.

I did try to transfer the experiment into the lab, then run again lab time. Progress goes to 100% but it only seems to complete some other Experiements, as review data shows texts like "Research indicates that you did not go into space today."

From looking at the description in BasicExperiments.cfg this should only come at KerbinSrfLanded, however I am 100% landed at the Mun East Crater !

Also I only ever get the Result from WBISpaceResearch experiment, never any message from WBIIceCreamResearch.

What is actually needed to complete a experiment ?

Do you have Contract Configurator installed?

Not that I am aware of it. I do have

Here are all my mods:

Verzeichnis von C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

08.11.2019  18:37    <DIR>          000_ClickThroughBlocker
08.11.2019  18:37    <DIR>          001_ToolbarControl
02.11.2019  18:56    <DIR>          AllYAll
29.04.2018  00:27    <DIR>          B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings
21.01.2019  17:03    <DIR>          B9PartSwitch
30.10.2019  08:43    <DIR>          CBase
13.09.2018  10:13    <DIR>          CorrectCoL
13.10.2019  09:19    <DIR>          CustomPreLaunchChecks
21.01.2019  17:03    <DIR>          DeployableEngines
21.04.2019  13:12    <DIR>          DMagicUtilities
26.03.2020  18:16    <DIR>          KerbalEngineer
28.10.2019  17:32    <DIR>          MechJeb2
16.09.2019  16:16    <DIR>          MiningExpansion
22.03.2020  10:29    <DIR>          NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
21.01.2019  17:03    <DIR>          NearFutureAeronautics
22.02.2020  20:30    <DIR>          NearFutureSolar
08.11.2019  18:37    <DIR>          PartAngleDisplay
12.05.2018  12:23    <DIR>          ProceduralFairings
13.10.2019  08:52    <DIR>          ReStock
13.10.2019  08:52    <DIR>          ReStockPlus
13.05.2018  02:55    <DIR>          SpaceY-Expanded
13.05.2018  02:55    <DIR>          SpaceY-Lifters
14.02.2020  07:58    <DIR>          Squad
20.09.2019  14:26    <DIR>          SquadExpansion
08.11.2019  18:37    <DIR>          TacFuelBalancer
17.05.2019  00:19    <DIR>          Trajectories
31.08.2019  03:26    <DIR>          TriggerTech
06.10.2019  10:25    <DIR>          VABReorienter
08.11.2019  18:34    <DIR>          WaypointManager
21.01.2019  17:03    <DIR>          WildBlueIndustries
22.03.2020  10:06    <DIR>          WindTunnel
22.03.2020  10:40    <DIR>          ZeroMiniAVC

CBase are only part patches for extended service bays, no code.

Edited by CBase
added mod list

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.