[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, Read have Read said:

Oh! So it will work more like a Knuckle Boom than a Tower crane. I can see how that is stowed now.

Also, I added the MK85ISC (Interstage Service Compartment) to my CLS patch because it has an optional Crew Tunnel.

I had no idea that such a thing existed, but yes that makes sense. :)

MOLE 1.15 is now available

The last major parts update to MOLE introduces some new items to round out the 1.875m station parts including a cupola and a programmable station arm. MOLE is feature complete! :)

New Parts
- Mk1 Cupola (Space Exploration): This 1.875m cupola provides excellent views and can double as an airlock.
- Mk1 Station Arm (Advanced Construction): This arm can be use to maneuver payloads around in orbit.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Re-textured the Titan tanks to bring them up to DSEV standards.

Edited by Angel-125

On 03/04/2018 at 5:12 PM, Angel-125 said:

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Re-textured the Titan tanks to bring them up to DSEV standards.

In the MOLE/Assets folder there are three texture for the "Corvette" that appear to be duplicated, in both .mbm and .dds format.

Corvette.mbm

CorvetteNormal.mbm

CorvetteSpec.mbm

(I found them when I was checking for large texture files, so there may be a few more.)

I've been looking for a utility that lets me check and edit .mbm files, but no luck yet. If they're not duplicates, the naming is strange. Can I delete one set, and which one?

52 minutes ago, Wolf Baginski said:

In the MOLE/Assets folder there are three texture for the "Corvette" that appear to be duplicated, in both .mbm and .dds format.

Corvette.mbm

CorvetteNormal.mbm

CorvetteSpec.mbm

(I found them when I was checking for large texture files, so there may be a few more.)

I've been looking for a utility that lets me check and edit .mbm files, but no luck yet. If they're not duplicates, the naming is strange. Can I delete one set, and which one?

If you see  both dds and another format, delete the non-dds files.

Hey @Angel-125

I belive i saw a video of the robotarm useage,but cant find it,or was it a dream?

when not ,please add a link in the OP or here or PM me

2)would it be possible to make the robotarm in a far future a seperate DL(the hole MOLE exp.order is 157mb)

while the arm with depencies would be less then 2mb if iam right

hope this doesnt sound as i am not enjoy your fantastic quality mods,but drive I nearly stock and it would be very helpful

suggestion:

A start a folding position

last: i can see magnet&light consume EC, it would be very cool(REALISTIC)when the rotation also need EC&)

maybe i can add a cfg line to WBIRotationController modul,could this work?

THANKS for the GREAT WORK  forgive me if it looks like a wishlist at xmas

Edited by Burning Kan

5 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

Hey @Angel-125

I belive i saw a video of the robotarm useage,but cant find it,or was it a dream?

when not ,please add a link in the OP or here or PM me

2)would it be possible to make the robotarm in a far future a seperate DL(the hole MOLE exp.order is 157mb)

while the arm with depencies would be less then 2mb if iam right

hope this doesnt sound as i am not enjoy your fantastic quality mods,but drive I nearly stock and it would be very helpful

suggestion:

A start a folding position

last: i can see magnet&light consume EC, it would be very cool(REALISTIC)when the rotation also need EC&)

maybe i can add a cfg line to WBIRotationController modul,could this work?

THANKS for the GREAT WORK  forgive me if it looks like a wishlist at xmas

KerbalActuators comes with its own arm and crane (same ones in MOLE and Heisenberg). You can go to my github repo and just download KerbalActuators.

On 4/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, Angel-125 said:

The last major parts update to MOLE introduces some new items to round out the 1.875m station parts including a cupola and a programmable station arm. MOLE is feature complete! :)

Angel, I and others who want to enjoy this mod are clueless on how the science system works. You really need instructions on the front page of this forum thread. Or a link to instructions.

1 hour ago, tanelorn said:

Angel, I and others who want to enjoy this mod are clueless on how the science system works. You really need instructions on the front page of this forum thread. Or a link to instructions.

...or for players to read the KSPedia which explains it...

Edited by Angel-125

I've noticed an odd bug with MOLE & Snacks, both related to time-warping when the vessel is not loaded

SNACKS: uses about double the normal amount

MOLE: Research time diminishes. Example: MOLE on orbit, 4 experiments (first 4 in list). Started accumulating lab time. Switched to tracking station, warped a few days. Came back to vessel. Research kits used, but lab time is less than when I left it. Lab time accumulates normally if craft loaded while warping.

Latest version of MOLE & Snacks, KSP 1.4.2

Edited by Bombaatu

I have an issue where stations with the BOW (I don't have any other vessels with MOLE parts yet to be honest so not sure if it is the BOW or the mod in general) where when I try to switch to the station, it will no longer switch, save or exit to the space center. I need to alt-F4 to get out of the game again. The issue seems to corrupt the save file as after the first issue in a new career, every next time I restart the game and switch the same thing happens.

Download log file

Spoiler

[LOG 03:53:44.235] Unpacking Moon Station 1
[LOG 03:53:59.461] [Science_Relay] Connected vessels detected for science transmission: 2
[LOG 03:54:23.853] Packing Moon Station 1 for orbit
[LOG 03:54:26.109] [4/16/2018 3:54:26 AM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - ScienceThisBiome: 2 / 2
[LOG 03:54:26.621] [4/16/2018 3:54:26 AM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - ScienceThisBiome: 2 / 2
[LOG 03:54:28.144] [4/16/2018 3:54:28 AM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - ScienceThisBiome: 2 / 2
[LOG 03:54:32.055] Unpacking Moon Station 1
[ERR 03:54:39.347] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'WBISciLabOpsView'

[LOG 03:54:39.523] template resource: ResearchKits
[EXC 03:54:47.706] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.getResultsText ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.SetVisible (Boolean newValue)
    WildBlueIndustries.WBIBasicScienceLab.ReviewData ()
    BaseEvent.Invoke ()
    UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
[LOG 03:55:19.003] Flight State Captured
[EXC 03:55:19.004] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalRoster.ValidateAssignments (.Game st)
    Game.Updated ()
    QuickSaveLoad.doSave (System.String filename)
    QuickSaveLoad.quickSave (Boolean saveAs)
    QuickSaveLoad.Update ()
[LOG 03:55:25.276] Flight State Captured
[EXC 03:55:25.277] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Game.Updated ()
    QuickSaveLoad.doSave (System.String filename)
    QuickSaveLoad.quickSave (Boolean saveAs)
    QuickSaveLoad.Update ()
[LOG 03:55:27.043] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Moon Station 1
[LOG 03:55:27.064] [4/16/2018 3:55:27 AM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ShipStateWindow) - MapObjectSelected
[LOG 03:55:27.064] [4/16/2018 3:55:27 AM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ShipStateWindow) - Vessel
[LOG 03:55:27.065] Maneuver Mode enabled
[LOG 03:55:33.560] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Earth Station 1 ---------------------- 
[LOG 03:55:33.615] Flight State Captured
[EXC 03:55:33.615] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Game.Updated ()
    FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force)
    FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v)
    KSP.UI.Screens.Mapview.MapContextMenuOptions.FocusObject.OnSelect ()
    DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected ()
    DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__6FD ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

KSP did not generate and output.log file for some reason (checked x64Data folder).

Nevermind, I deleted MOLE and started a new career again. One of the mods to steer clear of in the future.

Edited by Jimbodiah

@Angel-125after a few days i try the robotic arm, and i must say its a HAMMER! feature .all work perfectly,Looks Good,the sequencer is easy,magnet and light consume EC,min. Wobbling(WOW),sequencing dockport change look so sick cool.....

I had a Dream ONE DAY my Spacestation will have again a robotic arm,and it will be better than any RA before,THIS DAY has finally arrived, - THANKS

29 minutes ago, Burning Kan said:

@Angel-125after a few days i try the robotic arm, and i must say its a HAMMER! feature .all work perfectly,Looks Good,the sequencer is easy,magnet and light consume EC,min. Wobbling(WOW),sequencing dockport change look so sick cool.....

I had a Dream ONE DAY my Spacestation will have again a robotic arm,and it will be better than any RA before,THIS DAY has finally arrived, - THANKS

Glad it's working for you. One caveat: be careful not to bump the object on the arm against your ship, it'll cause kraken forces against your ship. It's a quirk I haven't figured out yet but if you go slow it shouldn't be a problem..

Hello there,

I did dock two Brumby with Flight Control Package and Docking port on top and I were unable to transfer crew from one to the other. I opened the hatches, I were able to transfer ressources but not crew... I had free room on both side. Any clue on what's going on? What can I give you to help you to debug this?

Kind regards.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.