[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

@Angel-125 Forgive me for asking but since my BDB mol appears to not have any manifest/setup option i ended up wanting to make a new patch for it but i'm not sure how?

basically i want the BDB "mossy" MOL to have the exact same functionallity and convertabillity as the M.O.L.E, and similarly want to add greenhouse/habitation functionallity and convertabillity to the hab module

59 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

@Angel-125 Forgive me for asking but since my BDB mol appears to not have any manifest/setup option i ended up wanting to make a new patch for it but i'm not sure how?

basically i want the BDB "mossy" MOL to have the exact same functionallity and convertabillity as the M.O.L.E, and similarly want to add greenhouse/habitation functionallity and convertabillity to the hab module

You would need to create a part config to do that. Consult the module manager documentation for how :)

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

You would need to create a part config to do that. Consult the module manager documentation for how :)

hmm, on a second note, the supplied patch works provided i actually enable the settings for GUI and reconfig

still gotta add the hab/greenhouse aswell as the converter stuff but i guess that shouldn't be too difficult right?

On 11/27/2018 at 10:32 AM, Bombaatu said:

Also, there is a new mod called Old Parts Redux that does restore the old Mk 1 Command Pod (among other things), so the two can co-exist, albiet with different names.

Yeah, the problem with that is (at least for the Mk1-2 pod), the rename prevents you from using advanced IVAs  like the one from ASET unless you do more config diddling.  :(

5 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Yeah, the problem with that is (at least for the Mk1-2 pod), the rename prevents you from using advanced IVAs  like the one from ASET unless you do more config diddling.  :(

Config diddling is half the fun of the game.

@Angel-125 Sorry to keep bothering you with this, but i've run into another issue with trying to get the MOLE experiments to work on the BDB Mossy, this time around i think it's because of the "requiredpart" requirement of the experiments

that said, i can autocomplete the experiments with kerbokats automated science sampler if i really have to...

or add a science processor, but those are both workaround solutions, hmm

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @Angel-125 - I'm trying to run the KNUTS experiment & see that requires Soil. I had been under the impression that 'Soil' was a *ahem* by-product of using Snacks, but over several days none had built up in the onboard Soil storage. I ended up shipping an Omni-storage container with some Soil (only way I could do it - no option in the regular tanks).

So - if Soil doesn't come from using Snacks, where *does* it come from? Is it a drillable resource now?

24 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Hey, @Angel-125 - I'm trying to run the KNUTS experiment & see that requires Soil. I had been under the impression that 'Soil' was a *ahem* by-product of using Snacks, but over several days none had built up in the onboard Soil storage. I ended up shipping an Omni-storage container with some Soil (only way I could do it - no option in the regular tanks).

So - if Soil doesn't come from using Snacks, where *does* it come from? Is it a drillable resource now?

Soil comes from Snacks. Makevsure that you have Siol production turned on in Snacks Settings ( from the KSP Settings menu)

I got some help putting this together; here's a ModuleManager patch that restores the original Mk1 Command Pod:

@PART[mk1pod]
{
  %TechHidden = False
  %category = Pods
}

Might be a good inclusion for MOLE since the new pod clashes so much with the art style.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:44 AM, Angel-125 said:

Soil comes from Snacks. Makevsure that you have Siol production turned on in Snacks Settings ( from the KSP Settings menu)

So I checked the settings & that one was already enabled (it's the 'Enable Recycling' button, according to the tool-tip). However, Soil still doesn't get produced. I do have storage for it. Bug?

Also - I have sent up a ship on to a MOLE station running KNUTS. The experiment is done with its lab time & the experiment now says Needs Soil (0.000 of 194.400). The vessel has over 200 units of Soil, but the experiment won't see it. Any ideas? EDIT: never mind, I found it. The KNUTS processor on the Delores habitat has to be enabled.

Edited by Bombaatu

Tiny bug.

File WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/LDEF/Experiments/LongTermCryogenicStorageStudy.cfg

First line of file has a duplicated :NEEDS tag

PART:NEEDS[DeepFreeze]:NEEDS[DeepFreeze]

Module Manager gives a warning, and ignores the second :NEEDS so nothing breaks

It's a trivial fix to delete the duplicate.

The DeepFreeze reference is satisfied by "DeepFreeze_Continued" on Spacedock at https://spacedock.info/mod/142/DeepFreeze Continued...

1 hour ago, Wolf Baginski said:

Tiny bug.

File WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/LDEF/Experiments/LongTermCryogenicStorageStudy.cfg

First line of file has a duplicated :NEEDS tag

PART:NEEDS[DeepFreeze]:NEEDS[DeepFreeze]

Module Manager gives a warning, and ignores the second :NEEDS so nothing breaks

It's a trivial fix to delete the duplicate.

The DeepFreeze reference is satisfied by "DeepFreeze_Continued" on Spacedock at https://spacedock.info/mod/142/DeepFreeze Continued...

Thanks for pointing that out, it's already fixed in the next release. :)

@Angel-125 I wanted to let you know CRP mods seems to be broken. If I use any fuel tank with like the fulcrum engine then right click it,  the menu spams Flow Overlay button on the right click menu then breaks the menu.

Is this mode even supported at all now?  I assume it has to do with the new fuel types added to mole engines and the fuel tanks.

Classic Stock mode also seems to have problems with mole engines. The corvette, Hemi Cuda, and Fulcrum engines using Raptium or Propellium fuels.

Edited by Vaga

@Vaga What you're experiencing is one of the major glitches in KSP 1.6 itself and the corrupt Steam files issue. Angel is already looking into the issues of the MOLE engines due to a flaw in the WBI multimode engine module, but for KSP, look around for the means to validate your KSP files via Steam, and possibly, delete the file <KSP folder>/PartDatabase.cfg and let KSP rebuild it next time you launch KSP.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

23 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Vaga What you're experiencing is one of the major glitches in KSP 1.6 itself and the corrupt Steam files issue. Angel is already looking into the ssues of the MOLE engines due to a flaw in the WBI multimode engine module, but for KSP, look around for the means to validate your KSP files via Steam, and possibly, delete the file KSP/PartDatabase.cfg and let KSP rebuild it next time you launch KSP.

Those didn't seem to fix my errors in CRP mode. Classic stock does seem to work as long as I don't use alternate fuel.  Is there a recommended mode I should use till the bug get fixed to avoid any errors?

@Vaga in that case, go here GameData/WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/Templates/ClassicStock (or /Templates/CRP). If you see same-named .cfg AND .txt files in here then delete all the WBI mods and re-download them fresh, namely, MOLE 1.16.2.1 or newer. The duplicate files (if that's what you have) are a packaging bug that Angel recently fixed.

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Vaga in that case, go here GameData/WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/Templates/ClassicStock (or /Templates/CRP). If you see same-named .cfg AND .txt files in here then delete all the WBI mods and re-download them fresh, namely, MOLE 1.16.2.1 or newer. The duplicate files (if that's what you have) are a packaging bug that Angel recently fixed.

@JadeOfMaar I think I have tried everything I can think of at my end.  I am only getting the problem with engines in the MOLE mod. Its still usable in Classic Stock but I get the flow overlay bug in All the other modes I have tried.  (Did not try the light mode) CRP and Pristine both seem to cause the error for me. Only Module Manager is installed with MOLE right now. Deleting template files and Partdatabse.CFG had no change and all the files are validated in steam. 

This all started for me in 1.4.5 then seemed to fix its self. In 1.5.1 it came back and hasn't worked since then.  I'll just run in classic Stock and wait for the hotfix and see if it starts working again.

Is there any chance of updating this and some of the other mods to use textures more friendly with the stock capsules? The Appaloosa is fine for the old Mk1 pod, but it's not around anymore.

Also it annoys me to no end that the Mk1 control package doesn't even fit on the nose of the Mk1 pod properly and you have to offset it to sink it in to cover up the lip.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:44 PM, Frostiken said:

Is there any chance of updating this and some of the other mods to use textures more friendly with the stock capsules? The Appaloosa is fine for the old Mk1 pod, but it's not around anymore.

Also it annoys me to no end that the Mk1 control package doesn't even fit on the nose of the Mk1 pod properly and you have to offset it to sink it in to cover up the lip.

Eventually yes, but I am working on other projects at the moment. Some of it, like node placement, can go faster with help. :)

Edited by Angel-125

Forgive me for not giving full debug information, but I'm not on my gaming computer and in fact my workaround is doing fine for me, but I thought you might want to know non-the-less.

I'm having the same problem as has been reported pages back, in that MOLE  1.16.1.0 does not have any "Manage Operations" button in any configuration, but rolling back to version 1.15.1.0 does.

I'm playing a heavily modded Kerbal version 1.4.5 with RSS/SMURF on Windows 10.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet or if this is the same issue @Vaga is having, but I am unable to change the engine mode for the WB2 or WB3 engines.  I created a new test environment with just KSP 1.6.0.2395, module manager 3.1.2 and MOLE 1.17.0.0 .  I made sure I didn't have any corrupted KSP files (Ran the file validation and then only run the KSP executable from the directory and not through steam launcher).

Left all the settings default and if you go into VAB and try and change the engine modes on the WB2 and WB3 it will not change.  The fulcrum seems to work properly, however after you make the change you need to do something to the craft (i.e. add/remove a part) before the D/V changes show up in the staging column on the right.

Thanks!

Just thought I'd note this for MOLE fans: If you are looking for a good way to integrate MOLE with the new textures, try using Legacy Variants. It adds the old models as variants, making a nice way to switch back to the old MK1 pod MOLE works with. A great way of keeping both the new textures and making @Angel-125's incredible mod textures work in KSP 1.6.

Still love this mod and it is a must have for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.