[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

Personally, I hardly ever use the 2.5m tanks themselves but do use any of the several 2.5m up/down conversion pieces be it tanks, decouplers, trusses - whatever - from all your various mods.  Any of those that are in MOLE would be pieces that I use but not the regular circular tanks.  

I know...embarrassing I don't remember which pieces from which mod...I never use them separately. :P 

8 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

Personally, I hardly ever use the 2.5m tanks themselves but do use any of the several 2.5m up/down conversion pieces be it tanks, decouplers, trusses - whatever - from all your various mods.  Any of those that are in MOLE would be pieces that I use but not the regular circular tanks.  

I know...embarrassing I don't remember which pieces from which mod...I never use them separately. :P 

Ooooh, yeah, definitely use the fuel-bearing converters from 2.5 to MOLE and the multi-engine mounts.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, question for folks: Right now, both DSEV and MOLE have 2.5m fuel tanks. I added 2.5m tanks to MOLE thinking that I'd have both 1.875m and 2.5m station parts. When that proved too much work to handle, I nixed the 2.5m station parts from the release plan. With DSEV next up on my modding rotation, I want to revamp the fuel tanks and bring them up to date- they're 2-year old artwork is out of date. In the process of doing that, I'm thinking of dropping the 2.5m MOLE tanks, as they too are out of date in the texture department. How many people are using MOLE's 2.5m tanks these days? If it isn't many, then when KSP 1.3 is released, I'll remove them from the mod.

I tend to use them because I don't particularly care for the orange-tank textures from DSEV. Now, if the DSEV tanks had texture-switching, that would be cool. Frankly, there are WAY too many 2.5m tanks across the various mods I use. Janitors Closet can help, but it's a PITA to do that every time I start a new save (which happens all too frequently)

Sounds like the quad coupler would be useful then. As for the DSEV tank revamp, here's my current blueprint:

pms0Mdp.png

The numbers after the slash are stock equivalents.

I of course have my own set of tanks because they use my standard resource switching stuff, which the stock tanks don't have.

I'll consider texture switching as well, though that'll double my workload...

Edited by Angel-125

Don't really use the tanks myself, but I use the titan-2.5m adapters a whole lot. I use the MOLE decouplers pretty much exclusively too, as the stock ones interfere with 2.5m fairings due to their width. 

Is there a fix for the configuration resetting that I asked about a page or so back?

19 minutes ago, oniontrain said:

Don't really use the tanks myself, but I use the titan-2.5m adapters a whole lot. I use the MOLE decouplers pretty much exclusively too, as the stock ones interfere with 2.5m fairings due to their width. 

Is there a fix for the configuration resetting that I asked about a page or so back?

No, I haven't seen that issue so can't reproduce it.

On 4/4/2017 at 1:03 PM, Angel-125 said:

No, I haven't seen that issue so can't reproduce it.

It must have something to do with parts launched before an update or something, it's not happening with anything I launch now and I've had these in orbit for a few versions or so

I'm interested to see how other folks have used the Brumby Solar Observatory or inline radiator.  They clearly attach to the normal Titan size, but any built in fairings clip through and trusses from normal fairings grab onto the bottom node, so you can't really set up a breakaway engine mount.  In the process of setting up my first MOLE station and I'm ready to send up the science wing.  Cheers!

12 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

I'm interested to see how other folks have used the Brumby Solar Observatory or inline radiator.  They clearly attach to the normal Titan size, but any built in fairings clip through and trusses from normal fairings grab onto the bottom node, so you can't really set up a breakaway engine mount.  In the process of setting up my first MOLE station and I'm ready to send up the science wing.  Cheers!

SNCOkAu.png

Ah, so for your station, it got sent up as a separate attachment almost as a satellite.  That definitely makes sense.  Was attempting to have it be in a shroud at the end of an added arm with a command pod and docking port on the other side with a MOLE and DenEye in between.  Current iteration is so that I can set the upper pod as a return system once the supplies it's carrying have been offloaded.

55 minutes ago, Gristle said:

Is there anyway to get a PDF of the KSPedia entries?

Not that I'm aware of. You're best bet is to take screenshots.

53 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Ah, so for your station, it got sent up as a separate attachment almost as a satellite.  That definitely makes sense.  Was attempting to have it be in a shroud at the end of an added arm with a command pod and docking port on the other side with a MOLE and DenEye in between.  Current iteration is so that I can set the upper pod as a return system once the supplies it's carrying have been offloaded.

Yeah, the Solar Observatory is my analog to Skylab's Apollo Telescope Mount. Ideally you'd be able to attach the Solar Observatory and have it pivot into place, but I'm not sure how to do that without integrating the four solar panels.

15 minutes ago, Gristle said:

Trying to configure backseat with  experiments.  Manifest window is blank.  Do I have to do anything special for the experiments to become available?

Can you show me a screenshot of the Appaloosa and its configuration?

9 minutes ago, Gristle said:

It's not just the Appaloosa, Korona capsule is showing same thing. empty experiment list.

It sounds like there's a problem with your install. I just tried the Appaloosa's science config and had no issues loading up experiments. Do you get any errors in the log when you try to add experiments?

19 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It sounds like there's a problem with your install. I just tried the Appaloosa's science config and had no issues loading up experiments. Do you get any errors in the log when you try to add experiments?

What log are you  referring to?

No errors that I can see in the KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt file.

Just deleted gamedata\WildBlueIndustries folder and  copied back over WilBlueIndustries and CommunityResourcePack folders from just downloaded Mole_151 from  GitHub and am having same results.  This is a lightly modded game: MOLE, EVE, IndicatorLights, KAS, KIS, NAvBallDockingIndicator, Snacks, SXT, VOID,  KAC and Alt Resource Panel.

Edited by Gristle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.