[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

Sorry if this is not the right place for posting bug info.

You have an inconsistency in the habitat module crew capacity. The part config MOH18.cfg lists the crew as 2, but the iva space definition MOHSpace.cfg lists 3 seats.

Work continues...

v8jQs8O.png

On 7/18/2017 at 2:52 AM, v8Dave said:

Sorry if this is not the right place for posting bug info.

You have an inconsistency in the habitat module crew capacity. The part config MOH18.cfg lists the crew as 2, but the iva space definition MOHSpace.cfg lists 3 seats.

I accept pull requests. :)

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I accept pull requests. :)

Well I could have submitted to GitHub if I had a login.

I though you'd knew straight off whether you wanted to have 2 or 3 seats and where to check the numbers. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sudragon said:

How does this new feature interact with Kerbal Construction Time? Does yours also add completion time to R&D?

It doesn't and it doesn't. I'd like to have it work with @magico13's KCT but it depends upon whether KCT has an API to let me know when a rocket is done. The feature does interact with Kerbal Alarm Clock though. KAC has a reflection-based API, I hope KCT has something similar.

I'm finally at the point where I can reveal what I've been working on, it's the last part of the original vision for MOLE that I had back in 2014:

7mWIduu.png

BARIS is almost done! :)

15 minutes ago, Vorg said:

Hope that is something optional. I don't want to have to deal with defective parts breaking. Got too much of that crap in the real world. Games are to have fun.

Yup, totally optional. BARIS is turned off by default and is highly configurable.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It doesn't and it doesn't. I'd like to have it work with @magico13's KCT but it depends upon whether KCT has an API to let me know when a rocket is done. The feature does interact with Kerbal Alarm Clock though. KAC has a reflection-based API, I hope KCT has something similar.

It doesn't right now since I'd have to change a bunch of things on the back end. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, but will probably be a part of a compete rewrite, which I don't have the time for right now. I can always hack something together in the mean time depending on what you need access to. I need to look into what exactly your mod does and if you have any specific requests let me know and I'll see what I can do.

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm finally at the point where I can reveal what I've been working on, it's the last part of the original vision for MOLE that I had back in 2014:

7mWIduu.png

BARIS is almost done! :)

Heh.

I wonder, is the abbreviation BARIS intentionally the same as the original great space game?

14 hours ago, magico13 said:

It doesn't right now since I'd have to change a bunch of things on the back end. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, but will probably be a part of a compete rewrite, which I don't have the time for right now. I can always hack something together in the mean time depending on what you need access to. I need to look into what exactly your mod does and if you have any specific requests let me know and I'll see what I can do.

BARIS' ship construction is deliberately simple by comparison to KCT, which offers a lot of great functionality. :) The idea is that BARIS will defer to KCT if installed. For me to do that, I'd need to know when a vessel that has been built by KCT is being prepped for rollout to the runway/launchpad. If players can only roll out a vessel that's been built via KCT, and you can't use the stock method of loading/building a vessel and immediately hitting the stock launch button, then that's all I'd need.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

If players can only roll out a vessel that's been built via KCT, and you can't use the stock method of loading/building a vessel and immediately hitting the stock launch button, then that's all I'd need.

KCT overrides the stock launch button so it just queues up a new build in KCT, so they can't launch any way except through my (awful) UI (unless another mod, like a simulation mod, starts a launch). So you just need to know when a rollout occurs? Or specifically when they go to launch? The regular OnVesselRollout event fires since I'm just going through standard methods for that, but if you need to know before the switch to the flight scene then I can fire an event for that without you even having to use a reflection based API: KSP has cross mod events already implemented through GameEvents.

Edited by magico13

11 minutes ago, magico13 said:

KCT overrides the stock launch button so it just queues up a new build in KCT, so they can't launch any way except through my (awful) UI (unless another mod, like a simulation mod, starts a launch). So you just need to know when a rollout occurs? Or specifically when they go to launch? The regular OnVesselRollout event fires since I'm just going through standard methods for that, but if you need to know before the switch to the flight scene then I can fire an event for that without you even having to use a reflection based API: KSP has cross mod events already implemented through GameEvents.

Oh, that's perfect, I think I can work with that. :) With KCT installed, I can disable BARIS' vessel construction in favor of KCT's construction, and watch for that OnVesselRollout method. I'll give that a try and see what I come up with, thanks! :)

12 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

KCT integration is now a thing. :) When KCT is installed, you won't see BARIS' construction windows. I like the simple construction facilities in BARIS, but I like KCT's more sophisticated methods too. Thanks for the tips, @magico13! :)

Other effects? Event Cards and part failure?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.