[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

7 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

I know what this is about. But the fact of the problem is that there is this log in the root directory. The game is unloaded without error and I can not see what breaks it. It just stops working, that's all. Only a forced restart through Windows task Manager helps.

Just in case, I repeat: I am talking about using the latest version of the mod under version 1.4.1 in the game 1.3.1. Mod of the version 1.3.1 is working fine.

MOLE 1.12 is not backwards compatible with KSP 1.3.1. 

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstood. :(

English is not my native language, I write through an interpreter. I asked the Аngel-125 whether the mod 1.4.1 would work in the game 1.3.1. He offered to try. I tried and until a certain point the game worked without problems. Then the problem emerged. And I wrote about it.

Sorry again for not being able to properly explain.

3 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstood. :(

English is not my native language, I write through an interpreter. I asked the Аngel-125 whether the mod 1.4.1 would work in the game 1.3.1. He offered to try. I tried and until a certain point the game worked without problems. Then the problem emerged. And I wrote about it.

Sorry again for not being able to properly explain.

Not a problem, I think.  I was just watching and seeing what I figured was mis-communication over the issue of what was being attempted, and decided to give a short reply that I hoped with either clarify or be proven wrong.  :wink:

3 hours ago, Modding Maniac said:

how would we operate the arm?

This is a demo of the prototype arm:

The one I'm making above will work similarly. Unfortunately, I can't make the arm work like the real-world Canadarm 2, where it walks itself around the station. Instead, it'll be more like the Japanese Kibo arm. But, with two arms you'll be able to re position them as if you were grabbing a plant by the trunk and re-potting it.

23 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

This is a demo of the prototype arm:

The one I'm making above will work similarly. Unfortunately, I can't make the arm work like the real-world Canadarm 2, where it walks itself around the station. Instead, it'll be more like the Japanese Kibo arm. But, with two arms you'll be able to re position them as if you were grabbing a plant by the trunk and re-potting it.

THE CANADAARM CAN MOVE?!

10 hours ago, Modding Maniac said:

THE CANADAARM CAN MOVE?!

Fully articulated with 7-degrees of freedom. :)

O299JYm.png

To save some time I might simply make the base unit's docking port compatible with the clamp-o-tron jr from the stock game along with the Mk1 Docking Port and Mk1 Radial Docking Port from MOLE.

Holy COW,thank u thank u thank u

IAM Waiting since romfarer left this game for a funktional robotarm without the complex UI of Infernal Robotic(sorry but 4 me rocketscince is hard enogh:D)

1)

Resized the jr docking port and build a arm with it (wobbly and painfull)

BUT makes me HAPPY

2)Then i see this mod YEAH;WOW-THAS IT I thought

AND NOW YOUR FANTASTIC MOD COMES   -

HALLELUYAH

Ps I follow your quality in mods over years-and  be impressed

sidenote: Please never let this mod die - iam in love:o

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Fully articulated with 7-degrees of freedom. :)

O299JYm.png

To save some time I might simply make the base unit's docking port compatible with the clamp-o-tron jr from the stock game along with the Mk1 Docking Port and Mk1 Radial Docking Port from MOLE.

you can "re-pot" arms.....................................why does that make me so happy

The Mk1 Station Arm is basically done. Now I'm starting in on the Konstruction Krane:

h92OTGO.jpg

You'll be able to use the krane for things like capsule recovery and loading payloads into a shuttle for its next trip into orbit. Technically these are part of KerbalActuators, but they'll be part of MOLE as well. :)

14 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

You're just on a mission to replace all the mods with your mod suite, aren't you? ;-)

You're doing a dashéd good job of it, sir.

Not really, I just miss things like Romfarer's canadarm. Long time ago I built a space station using the KSOS and a pair of Infernal Robotics arms. It worked but it was really wobbly. The Mk1 Station Arm will help with that. Plus, I use my Heisenberg mod for capsule recovery, and the konstruction krane will be really useful for that...

45 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

kerbalactuators?

https://github.com/Angel-125/KerbalActuators

It's the modlet that drives the Buffalo's tilt-rotors and the Heisenberg's electric fans, but it's been able to do a lot more. That extra part has been dormant until recently.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Now I'm starting in on the Konstruction Krane:

DO WANT!

57 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It worked but it was really wobbly. The Mk1 Station Arm will help with that.

What’s technically different about your system vs IR that makes it less wobbly?

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

24 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

DO WANT!

What’s technically different about your system vs IR that makes it less wobbly?

Infernal Robotics lets you combine a bunch of parts to make some really amazing robotic craft. It is very versatile. By contrast, the station arm and crane are specialized niche parts that excel at doing their job- but can only do their job. Where IR parts are wobbly due to their joints, these parts are solid because they're a collection of 3D models in one single part.

I am still using KSP 1.3.1 and MOLE 1.10.1. I found that with Connected Living Space the Mk1 Radial docking port, while described as allowing Kerbals to pass, was set to impassible when attached radially.

So I made up a quick patch

@PART[WBI_Mk1RadialDockingPort]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
			passable = true
			passableWhenSurfaceAttached  = true
		}
}		

In addition, I also found that FMRS did not recognize the 1.8m sized Titan Decoupler because it used WBIModuleDecouple, so I made a patch for that as well.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[WBIModuleDecouple]]:NEEDS[StageRecovery]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = RecoveryIDModule
	}
}

11 hours ago, Read have Read said:

I am still using KSP 1.3.1 and MOLE 1.10.1. I found that with Connected Living Space the Mk1 Radial docking port, while described as allowing Kerbals to pass, was set to impassible when attached radially.

So I made up a quick patch

@PART[WBI_Mk1RadialDockingPort]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
			passable = true
			passableWhenSurfaceAttached  = true
		}
}		

In addition, I also found that FMRS did not recognize the 1.8m sized Titan Decoupler because it used WBIModuleDecouple, so I made a patch for that as well.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[WBIModuleDecouple]]:NEEDS[StageRecovery]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = RecoveryIDModule
	}
}

Thanks for the patches. :)

7 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

are the arms in kerbalactuators yet by any chance?

No. There's a lot of work to be done. Speaking of which, I am getting closer to nailing down the design of the crane:

vs8tkfL.jpg

It'll fold up for easy storage. The crane is 10 meters tall, but I'll probably make a half-sized version for capsule recovery boats. I have to figure out how to rotate and move an attachment joint so you can attach a KAS winch or other part. If I can't do that then I have an alternate design in mind. Lots to do!

Edited by Angel-125

Finally have the design for the crane:

dnKb05X.png

I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted, so I went with the alternate design. The boom on the right rotates and telescopes. If by chance I figure out how to move an attachment node around at runtime with parts attached to it, then I can revisit the design at a later date.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.