[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

36 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

I had 0 dV

Weird! I just installed MOLE (in a dedicated troubleshooting install) and I don't see this problem. (Pathfinder and Buffalo 1 are also there)

Send your KSP.log (let it only generate as far as letting KSP reach the main menu screen), GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache, and your KSP/Logs/ModuleManager/ (all in one zip file please).

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 11/1/2022 at 5:38 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Weird! I just installed MOLE (in a dedicated troubleshooting install) and I don't see this problem. (Pathfinder and Buffalo 1 are also there)

Send your KSP.log (let it only generate as far as letting KSP reach the main menu screen), GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache, and your KSP/Logs/ModuleManager/ (all in one zip file please).

I'll get that together next time I fire it up. One thing: I'm using Buffalo 2 on the install; could that be an issue?

Edited by Bombaatu

On 11/1/2022 at 5:38 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

The zip with these files is at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zzxDLQNC-cwViPbW3_S15rzSBYAztGUr/view?usp=share_link

• 1 month later...

Some change in the last couple of weeks has caused my LV-T270 Fulcrum engines to now have a thrust and ISP of 0.001.

Since the MOLE mod itself wasn't updated I assume it was some other mod, but since it only seems to have effected this one engine I can't figure out which.

I'll keep trying to find what's happened, but if anyone has a Suggestion I'm all ears.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, Schitzree said:

Some change in the last couple of weeks has caused my LV-T270 Fulcrum engines to now have a thrust and ISP of 0.001.

Since the MOLE mod itself wasn't updated I assume it was some other mod, but since it only seems to have effected this one engine I can't figure out which.

I'll keep trying to find what's happened, but if anyone has a Suggestion I'm all ears.

I've got the same problem but on all engines from MOLE: LV-T270 Fulcrum, WB-2 Corvette, WB-3 Hemi Cuda etc. It started some time mid January. I think I didn't notice it right away after installing or updating whatever caused this, so I'm at a loss where to start looking. I use CKAN. Any ideas would be appreciated. I miss the Corvette especially.

• 1 month later...

I'll just toss in the fact that I'm going through all my mods trying to figure out why several engines in Coatl Aerospace (nee Probes Plus) are fine by themselves, but when tossed into my heavily modded game, show up with an ISP of 0.001.

I thought it was just a quirk of my ~200 mods in some combination, but now that I see I'm not alone.... :/

I noticed this about 2-3 weeks ago.  It's late, so I'll look through my WB engines  tomorrow and report back what  I find.

Edited by Padrone
Numbers

I figured it out in my game, after removing KSPCommuintyFixes and 000_Harmony the problem goes away. 000_Harmony is a dependency of the community fixes mod so idk if it's one or both. I guess I will make a post on that mods page as well. Hope this helps someone else. Also a strange thing to note is, if you try and test the parts in sandbox mode they will work fine, they break in career mode idk about science mode.

Edited by Ancient1der

My WB engines don't have any issues with thrust in my current test environment, but that one doesn't have Community Fixes.

Just now I took a fresh copy of the virgin steam setup, added Community Fixes, Module Manager DLL and Coatl.  (Coatl includes Firespitter and DMagicScienceAnimate).   

I started a sandbox game.  I had no issue with my canary (a Coatl engine / CA-MER-R4-D "Dominique"). 

I started a career game and cheated my way to research Precision Propulsion, which is where my canary is.  It had the correct ISP numbers listed in the VAB.

My theory the zero to barely registering ISP is a confluence between Community Fixes and another mod.  I'm still plugging away at that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to continue to look- as I'm sure I must just be not searching the right keywords..

but in the meantime maybe someone has a quick answer? :)

I'm unable to transfer crew through one MOLE section to the next through the 'crew tubes' that are optional parts of the internode service modules. Are they just for looks? I've tried using the stock transfer and CLS with no luck. My lab is connected to the Appaloosa and my command module.. yet the crew tubes seem to be inaccessible :(

As a side note- I have no issue with the engine thrust.

and @Czejenesku CRP = Community Resource Pack, Pristine = "removes all templates and converters. You'll have a number of nice looking parts for decorative base building", and Classic Stock is.. vanilla :P if that's what you mean?

Edited by CaseyJones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just another question: How can I disable those WBI contracts about ferrying crew to stations? That contract generation is messing up my Mission Control Buildung view. Contracts are generated and destroyed that fast, I can not click on any anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.