[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

14 minutes ago, Scorpiodude said:

Are there any plans for a Titan Transtage because the Transtage was supposed to power the MOL and Dyna-Soar.

MOLE is feature complete, so probably not. But there are plenty of other parts in the game that can make a transtage. :)

Just now, Angel-125 said:

MOLE is feature complete, so probably not. But there are plenty of other parts in the game that can make a transtage. :)

Okay yeah I was just wondering, I currently am using a resized FASA Transtage for my transtage needs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 2:16 AM, Gristle said:

I'm having a weird issue with the RPND-A Service Compartment.  The doors aren't there  but are kinda.  Anyone having this issue? 

Yes I'm having roughly the same.  Also the drogue from the Mk 1 docking port only has a single line going to the canopy.  Both changed after 1.4

• 2 weeks later...

Two things: In git, it shows latest release at 1.15.5 but the zip file is labeled 1.15.3.

The other is that the MOLE operations page is blank. In the VAB I right-click on the MOLE & select Manage Operation (where I would load in experiments, etc). The dialog that pops up is blank & cannot be closed without exiting the VAB. I used the latest versions of MOLE, DSEV & PathFinder/Buffalo. I had deleted the folders inside WildBlue before copying them over so there was no overwriting or old files causing an issue. I am using KSP 1.4.4.

EDIT: as a test, I did a fresh install of 1.4.4 with nothing but latest MOLE; the Manage Operations issue persisted . I reverted back to MOLE 1.15.4 & the Manage Operation buttons works.

EDIT 2:  The issue has been isolated down to Wild Blue Tools 1.55.7; with that version in, the Manage Operations button is broken. When I roll back to WBT 1.55.2, it works, even with latest version of everything else in MOLE.

Edited by Bombaatu

7 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Two things: In git, it shows latest release at 1.15.5 but the zip file is labeled 1.15.3.

The other is that the MOLE operations page is blank. In the VAB I right-click on the MOLE & select Manage Operation (where I would load in experiments, etc). The dialog that pops up is blank & cannot be closed without exiting the VAB. I used the latest versions of MOLE, DSEV & PathFinder/Buffalo. I had deleted the folders inside WildBlue before copying them over so there was no overwriting or old files causing an issue. I am using KSP 1.4.4.

EDIT: as a test, I did a fresh install of 1.4.4 with nothing but latest MOLE; the Manage Operations issue persisted . I reverted back to MOLE 1.15.4 & the Manage Operation buttons works.

EDIT 2:  The issue has been isolated down to Wild Blue Tools 1.55.7; with that version in, the Manage Operations button is broken. When I roll back to WBT 1.55.2, it works, even with latest version of everything else in MOLE.

Good intel, thank you. :) My time is limited at the moment and I'm debugging on my end, but could you do me a favor and try installing the other WBT versions to see which one breaks? That'll help me isolate where the issue is.

Issue is limited to the version of WBT bundled with MOLE 1.15.5; according to the version file, that is 1.55.7. However, when I download 1.55.7 directly from your github repo and installed it, the issue does not occur.

As a double-check, I downloaded the latest release of WBT - github says it is 1.55.8 but both the zip filename & the version file say 1.55.7. This version also has the issue - odds are good this is the same version bundled with MOLE 1.15.5. 

35 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Issue is limited to the version of WBT bundled with MOLE 1.15.5; according to the version file, that is 1.55.7. However, when I download 1.55.7 directly from your github repo and installed it, the issue does not occur.

As a double-check, I downloaded the latest release of WBT - github says it is 1.55.8 but both the zip filename & the version file say 1.55.7. This version also has the issue - odds are good this is the same version bundled with MOLE 1.15.5. 

Much appreciated, thanks! Maybe 1.55.9 fixes the issue?

21 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Much appreciated, thanks! Maybe 1.55.9 fixes the issue?

Yup, that did it. 

One other thing I have noticed: reverting flight to the VAB causes the experiment manifest to clear. I do not know if reverting to launch does this as I just found it. However, it is exceeding annoying to have it happen & not discover it until you are in orbit. Just sayin'... ;)

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the flying saucers mod & sandcastle!

@Angel-125 How can such a narrow stripe of a shadow be a total occlusion of a solar panel?

WBI_SolarBatteryModule
ufGRk8a.png

Could this be the reason? This patch makes all solar panels stockalike, so no module KopernicusSolarPanel:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]:NEEDS[Kopernicus]:AFTER[zzzKerbalism]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
  {
    %useKopernicusSolarPanels = false
  }
}

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a problem with Lab Time disappearing from the MOLE experiments when you time warp with the craft unloaded (say, from the space center). I can build up time just fine time warping when the craft is loaded.  But if I switch scenes and time warp (say, for a few days), then when I return to the MOLE craft, the lab time is quite often LESS than when I left the craft. The Research Kits get consumed & Bonus Science is generated, but I lose progress on the MOLE experiments. I suspect the same thing happens with PathFinder. Has anyone else experienced this? 

@Angel-125 I came in here to report the same issue Bambaatu has above with the blank MOLE operations panel, saw that had been reported and the updated wildbluetools was the solution, so I downloaded that, and updated to fix it, now I have another thing to report, after updating wild blue tools, I have a duplicate contract window in the toolbar, and also a new icon with a green-ish symbol on it, both do nothing, and I have no idea why they have suddenly appeared or what they are supposed to do, if anything, and since they showed up after installing the latest wild blue tools, I thought I'd come here to report, and ask if you had any idea?

rY27Ypm.jpg

Edit: @Angel-125 When I started up the game this evening, the extra 2 buttons didn't reappear, so I'm not sure why they did the first time I loaded the game after updating Wild Blue Tools. Consider this issue resolved, with no action needed. Sorry to bother you with something that ended up fixing itself.

I do have a game play question I can't find an answer to in the in game KSPedia though, with the long duration exposure experiments, are you supposed to be able to transfer the experiments out of those containers, or do you have to bring the containers back to Kerbin? I just launched a station with 4 of them mounted to the exterior, and expected I'd be able to transfer them to the MOLE lab, then to the Kona lite pods for transfer back to Kerbin, but the experiments seem to run in the containers, with no option to transfer them. I haven't finished the experiments yet, so it may be that I'll get an option once the experiments complete, but if not I'm going to have to rethink how I planed to get that science home. Was just wondering if you could illuminate things for me.

Edited by vardicd

Okay, I am officially stumped. Am I supposed to remove the LDEF module with KIS/KAS, attach it to another ship, and return it to Kerbin, or is the transfer experiment broken for these modules, or have I designed my station in some way that's preventing me from transferring the results into the Korona lite return capsules?

xHjA7YR.jpg

Well, I found my answer, Just thought to go digging through the github udate versions, and I found the description and use instructions for the LDEF experiment modules from back when they were first introduced:

This release introduces an alternative method for conducting MOLE's station experiments in the form of LDEF Experiment Modules. There are a number of these external experiment modules to choose from. Simply fly an experiment to the station (or fly stand-alone using the support modules), start the experiment, and make sure that all the pre-requisites are met. Once the pre-requisites are met and the experiment has accumulated sufficient LabTime and/or other required resources, then either return the experiment module to Kerbin or transfer the data to a Mobile Processing Lab for further processing.

The experiments run exactly like the existing ones; you need to make sure that the experiment's requirements are met (orbiting, specific altitude, etc.) Some experiments might require additional resources or additional parts to be on station. You generate LabTime using the MOLE Lab/LDEF Science Processor, ScopeTime using the KH-10, Plants using the Mark One Botany Lab/LDEF Botany Module, and SolarReports using the Solar Observatory.

The existing MOLE science system remains unchanged; you still load experiments into containers like the Coach and Appaloosa, transfer them into the MOLE Lab/Skylab, run them, and transfer completed experiments back into a container for the trip home. The LDEF system simply provides a more intuitive interface for conducting experiments at the cost of increased part count and reduced convenience.

Edited by vardicd

On 7/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, Bombaatu said:

I've been having a problem with Lab Time disappearing from the MOLE experiments when you time warp with the craft unloaded (say, from the space center). I can build up time just fine time warping when the craft is loaded.  But if I switch scenes and time warp (say, for a few days), then when I return to the MOLE craft, the lab time is quite often LESS than when I left the craft. The Research Kits get consumed & Bonus Science is generated, but I lose progress on the MOLE experiments. I suspect the same thing happens with PathFinder. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Anyone? Bueller?

But seriously, MOLE is my favorite mod and this is making it unusable. I've seen this on several installs now; has no one else experienced this?

This has happened to me before, I'm fairly certain that it is a mod conflict with one of the other mods I was running.  The most likely ones I figured were the USI MKS mods or perhaps station science conflict....

Never did track it down, I would suggest doing mole on a clean install to see if it is actually a mole mod or a mod conflict problem.

2 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Anyone? Bueller?

But seriously, MOLE is my favorite mod and this is making it unusable. I've seen this on several installs now; has no one else experienced this?

I'm not seeing it in my game.

20 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Hrm. Must be a mod conflict somewhere then. Back to the drawing board...

Quick question: Is this a station in orbit, or are you landed?  (MKS+Landed -> Check Planetary Logistics.)

39 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Orbit. And I don't use MKS at all.

I've had the problem, too, but I'm several versions out of date now (1.3.1), and not a good reference point. Seems like KSP's catch up mechanics don't want to play nice with WBI's science progress. Doesn't have to do with MKS, as I don't have it in my install. Hanging out at the (usually) station and time warping lets time build just fine, but if I change scenes and come back quickly, sometimes it'll be down some lab time, and I'm not guaranteed progress leaving it unloaded, even for a few ingame weeks. And sometimes the catchup does work and I return to everything finishing at once.

6 hours ago, mr. engino said:

I'd like to point out that CKAN lists an outdated version of this mod. Other than that, fantastic mod!

CKAN is not supported and I removed my mods from CKAN. If  it’s there then someone added it. @linuxgurugamer can probably help get that straightened out. My mods just don’t play well with CKAN and cause me endless headaches.

Edited by Angel-125

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

CKAN is not supported and I removed my mods from CKAN. If  it’s there then someone added it. @linuxgurugamer can probably help get that straightened out. My mods just don’t play well with CKAN and cause me endless headaches.

@Angel-125 there are a few old version  (back from the 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 days) listed in CKAN, but the max KSP version for them is 1.1.2/1.1.3.

So no one should be seeing them with anything more recent than that.

Let me know if you'd like me to get them totally removed.

@Angel-125 - I've been testing trying to isolate the issue with lab time not accruing while warping with craft out of focus, and I've found a problem with WBT 1.55.10. With that version of tools, no experiments stay loaded in either the MOLE or the Coach Logistics Module. I load them in the VAB, but when I launch, all of the experiment slots are empty. This problem does not occur with WBT 1.55.9. However, with WBT 1.55.9, I get the disappearing lab time issue.

This was tested with a fresh install of KSP 1.4.4, MOLE 1.15.5 (along with all its inclusions) - the only other mod was KAC so I could accurately warp. As a further test, I removed KAC so that the only thing present was MOLE and WBT, along with their included mods.

Here was my testing methodology:

New Career - start with max starting funds & starting science
Upgrade R&D
Unlock bottom row of tech tree up until Advanced Electrics, along with Space Exploration, Flight Control & Advanced Flight Control
Create a vessel with Titan Instrument Unit, Solar Battery Module, MOLE, MOLE Battery Module (this will ensure sufficient electrical power to operate throughout the 'night' cycle)
Load the first 4 experiments on the list into the MOLE Experiment Lab
Crew with a Scientist
Launch - confirm experiments still in Experiment lab (experiments will not be present with WBT 1.55.10, but they will be with WBT 1.55.9)
Use Alt-12 Cheat menu to set orbit
Orient craft to Normal, extend panels, start all 4 experiments.
Start short warp to ensure that experiments are running (lab time accrues)

Return to space center, warp for 10 days.
Note lab time - it should be ~15
Note Research Kit usage

Return to space center, warp for 5 days
Note Lab time - it will be ~7.5 
Note Research Kit usage - it will be consistent with 15 days total operations.

Return to space center & IMMEDIATELY return to craft
Note lab time - it will have reset to 0 and starts accruing as soon as you load.

Surmise that when craft is unloaded, all labtime resets to 0. 

Note also that as long as the craft is loaded, all is fine.

Edited by Bombaatu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.