[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

On 4/16/2017 at 0:38 PM, manghoti said:

Ah sorry. I mean the ability to perform a space adaption study mid flight out of a coach module and get science out of it.

CQsfz2d.png

That doesn't seem intentional.

edit: ah, you asked what nodes I have unlocked. everything up to including the 3rd tier, plus space exploration.

Pretty sure this is the same behavior I saw that @Angel-125 said he couldn't reproduce.

MOLE 1.6.0 is now available:

New Part
- S.A.F.E.R. : The Safe Affordable Fission Engine with Radiators generates ElectricCharge for your spacecraft needs. It is based upon the real-world SAFE - 400 reactor created by NASA.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Adjusted the Appaloosa's Science template to become available after unlocking Space Exploration.
- Removed redundant experiment manifests from the Backseat Crew template.
- Refactored TAC-LS converters to use continual production.
- Replaced sample craft files.
- Deprecated Titan II parts.

1 minute ago, Bombaatu said:

Hey - I just noticed something with the Corvette Engine. Even with the mount set to wide mount (2.5m), the shroud was only 1.875m wide. Also, have you considered a Bigby-sized version of the Solar Battery Module, perchance?

The Corvette has 2 shrouds you can enable, one is the smaller, the other is the larger, you just have to right click and select the other one.

On 4/18/2017 at 5:17 AM, Angel-125 said:

*snip* New Part
- S.A.F.E.R. : The Safe Affordable Fission Engine with Radiators generates ElectricCharge for your spacecraft needs. It is based upon the real-world SAFE - 400 reactor created by NASA. *snip*

And when S.A.F.E.R. doesn't work, you S.N.A.P. :)

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM
Added an emojicon.

Just saw that the Titan parts are getting deprecated... don't want to do criticism in any way, that's your mod :) but I'm curious as to why (...because I've got a few stations that are using these laying around left and right of Kerbol :P )

9 hours ago, Cairan said:

Just saw that the Titan parts are getting deprecated... don't want to do criticism in any way, that's your mod :) but I'm curious as to why (...because I've got a few stations that are using these laying around left and right of Kerbol :P )

I've said this before: With a couple of exceptions the mod is centered around 1.875m parts. I need to revise the 2.5m tanks in both MOLE and DSEV, and that's twice the work. So I've deprecated the Titan II tanks (your existing craft are safe for now, but you can't build new ones with the tanks) in favor of revamping DSEV's 2.5m tanks.

Tricky. My career has been going for just shy of a year, and the Titan II tanks is the backbone of my refuelers and landing craft for a Jool mission launched two months ago. Can regexp magic on the .sfs convert from Titan II to DSEV 2.5m?

That being said, I fully understand your reasons for not wanting to have two identical sets of fuel parts, and I am very happy that the D4M series will include a white option.

12 minutes ago, Freshmeat said:

Tricky. My career has been going for just shy of a year, and the Titan II tanks is the backbone of my refuelers and landing craft for a Jool mission launched two months ago. Can regexp magic on the .sfs convert from Titan II to DSEV 2.5m?

That being said, I fully understand your reasons for not wanting to have two identical sets of fuel parts, and I am very happy that the D4M series will include a white option.

The tank sizes are identical, so you can regex replace Titan II tanks with DSEV tanks. Your existing craft are still safe, including ones designed in the editor. I won't drop the existing Titan II tanks when KSP 1.3 is released. It will be awhile after that.

@Angel-125 I appreciate that. My reading was that support was dropping within a few months, and I have not even launched the crewed part of the mission. My playing schedule is quite irregular, but I will hold off going into data files right now.

Edited by Freshmeat
clarity

I've run into an issue here. I've had an LDEF in orbit for a while, visited it once, and successfully collected science from the experiments.

Now I just went back, and the "Review results" button isn't working. Getting the below error every time I click it:

[EXC 20:54:19.929] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData ()
	ModuleScienceExperiment.ReviewDataEvent ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrt61pyyakwbxzs/KSP.log?dl=0

Also, is it, um intended that I can just transfer LabTime around between experiments even after I've completed one?

16 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I've run into an issue here. I've had an LDEF in orbit for a while, visited it once, and successfully collected science from the experiments.

Now I just went back, and the "Review results" button isn't working. Getting the below error every time I click it:

[EXC 20:54:19.929] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData ()
	ModuleScienceExperiment.ReviewDataEvent ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrt61pyyakwbxzs/KSP.log?dl=0

Also, is it, um intended that I can just transfer LabTime around between experiments even after I've completed one?

Hm, I haven't seen that one before, I'll try to reproduce it.

For the LabTime, it isn't supposed to be transferred around to other experiments, so if you're doing that, that's cheating. :)

Is there a small container that can carry Research Kits?

I have a MOLE in orbit, but I launched it without Research Kits. I worked out how to take the science experiments up but the smallest container I can find to carry the Research Kits is the 1.875m coach. Is there anything smaller that i can use? (I will accept other mod solutions)

5 hours ago, Bookz said:

Is there a small container that can carry Research Kits?

I have a MOLE in orbit, but I launched it without Research Kits. I worked out how to take the science experiments up but the smallest container I can find to carry the Research Kits is the 1.875m coach. Is there anything smaller that i can use? (I will accept other mod solutions)

The Coach can carry ResearchKits. Simply right-click and reconfigure the part's storage. Consult the Wikipedia, it tells you how. :)

On 4/25/2017 at 11:58 PM, Gristle said:

The WBM-400 fuel tank has a 0.00L capacity for KIS inventory.

Is it configured for KIS storage?

(It's normal for it to have 0L capacity when it's not in KIS storage mode - KIS can't handle storage being added or removed from a part at run-time, but can be made to handle it being changed.)

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

The Coach can carry ResearchKits. Simply right-click and reconfigure the part's storage. Consult the Wikipedia, it tells you how. :)

Thanks @Angel-125 I am aware that the coach can carry ResearchKits. My question was is there a smaller, or radial, container than that. 

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Any of the Buckboards can.

Great, thank you for your help. I looked at KSPedia and found that the Korona can be configured, I am using it to supply my station.

Also your mod is awesome and keep up the great work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.