[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

4 hours ago, Mandella said:

Is there a way for me to add a resource to parts that have configurable resources? Specifically, I want to add specialized parts storage to the Appaloosa Backseat, but I'd love to know if there was a generic way I could do it for any part.

I think you're asking about storage templates. WBI convertible storage works with templates and STORAGE_TEMPLATE is shared by most parts (there are other custom templates used by some specific parts). To add another resource as a switchable option you just need to create a MM patch based off of the existing templates in GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/CommonTemplates/Storage

26 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I think you're asking about storage templates. WBI convertible storage works with templates and STORAGE_TEMPLATE is shared by most parts (there are other custom templates used by some specific parts). To add another resource as a switchable option you just need to create a MM patch based off of the existing templates in GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/CommonTemplates/Storage

You're totally right. I'm practicing my MM-fu because I know almost nothing of coding and I'm trying to get better, so I went ahead and made the patch. This makes it so a full amount of storage weighs the same as a full container of Rocket Parts. Used the Replacement Parts decal from Wild Blue Tools.

STORAGE_TEMPLATE
{
	name = SpecializedParts
	author = Krakatoa
	shortName = Spec Parts
	logoPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/CommonTemplates/Decals/ReplacementParts
	glowPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/CommonTemplates/Decals/ReplacementPartsGlow
	description = This kit stores specialized parts.

RESOURCE
	{
		name = SpecializedParts
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 1190
		isTweakable = true
	}
}

Edited by Krakatoa

A big thanks to both of you.

For some reason I wasn't looking in 000WildBlueTools for the MM patch I knew had to be there somewhere.

And like Krakatoa I'm not great at coding, but by golly I can cut and paste with the best of them!

Thanks for the examples.

MOLE 1.8.5 is now available:

- Although BARIS is bundled with MOLE, you now have the option to remove BARIS if desired. Simply delete the 000BARIS folder if you don't want its functionality. DO NOT DELETE the 000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete FOLDER! That plugin is the bridge between MOLE and BARIS.
- Recalibrated templates for Cryo Engines.
- Removed deprecated Titan II part.

• 2 weeks later...

MOLE 1.8.9 is now available:

- Changed OMS Kit's default template to Monopropellant storage.
- Revised the OMS Kit's description to help players understand its use.
- Changed Coach's default template to ResearchKits.
- Science storage templates now unlocked at Space Exploration (when you get the M.O.L.E. station part).
- Experiments list what parts they require.
- The Brumby can now be upgraded for unkermanned flight.
- BARIS update.

Reminder: The O-2 "Oxygen" motor and the OMS Kit can both serve as Launch Escape Systems.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Hmmmm.   I just got a contract to do Orbital Construction on the ground, although the Orbital Construction experiment (for MOLE) and part (for LDEF) both say it has to be in orbit.

The idea is clearly to drive orbital velocities while in contact with the ground. 3 stars, I'm assuming?

Here's another slight glitch.  The MOLE 1.8m service bay, the one you're supposed to put that monopropellant engine in, actually occludes the engine from firing as long as the doors are closed.  It doesn't matter what engine you put in there (a 909 in this case), it won't work unless you open the service bay doors, despite the end of the bay being open.

36869426710_e262647454_b.jpg

2 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Here's another slight glitch.  The MOLE 1.8m service bay, the one you're supposed to put that monopropellant engine in, actually occludes the engine from firing as long as the doors are closed.  It doesn't matter what engine you put in there (a 909 in this case), it won't work unless you open the service bay doors, despite the end of the bay being open.

36869426710_e262647454_b.jpg

Have you tried the OMS Kit? I've never had a problem with it when the doors are closed.

23 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Have you tried the OMS Kit? I've never had a problem with it when the doors are closed.

Yup, the mono-powered OMS Kit is also occluded on my end unless the doors are open.  Which makes sense.  Occlusion of the seemingly open end shouldn't be a per-engine thing, but based on the surrounding service bay part.

Edited by Geschosskopf

28 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Yup, the mono-powered OMS Kit is also occluded on my end unless the doors are open.  Which makes sense.  Occlusion of the seemingly open end shouldn't be a per-engine thing, but based on the surrounding service bay part.

That's really strange, when I use the OMS Kit in the service bay, my engines run just fine.. I'll have to look when I have more time, going to a friend's wedding this weekend.

I have another problem....  Now I can't undock a Mk1 docking port from a Mk1 Radial docking port.  The sequence of events is as follows:

• Docked a crew ship with the Mk1 port to a MOLE station with the Mk1 Radial port
  • The crew stayed long enough to run 6 experiments in the MOLE, transferred the experiments to the crew ship, and put the station in hibernation (shut all tanks, turned off probe cores, etc.)
  • I right-click on the docking ports and only the MOLE's port had the "undock" option.  The crew ship's port didn't.
  • I clicked on the "undock" button the MOLE's (radial) port and the option disappeared.  However, the ships remain connected somehow.  There is still no option to undock on the crew ship's (inline) port.
  • Looking in the persistence file, the 2 ships are still considered as 1 ship.  However, both docking ports involved say "state = Disengage".

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I am running BARIS but I don't think it cares about docking ports and neither of them say they're broken anyway.

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

I have another problem....  Now I can't undock a Mk1 docking port from a Mk1 Radial docking port.  The sequence of events is as follows:

• Docked a crew ship with the Mk1 port to a MOLE station with the Mk1 Radial port
  • The crew stayed long enough to run 6 experiments in the MOLE, transferred the experiments to the crew ship, and put the station in hibernation (shut all tanks, turned off probe cores, etc.)
  • I right-click on the docking ports and only the MOLE's port had the "undock" option.  The crew ship's port didn't.
  • I clicked on the "undock" button the MOLE's (radial) port and the option disappeared.  However, the ships remain connected somehow.  There is still no option to undock on the crew ship's (inline) port.
  • Looking in the persistence file, the 2 ships are still considered as 1 ship.  However, both docking ports involved say "state = Disengage".

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I am running BARIS but I don't think it cares about docking ports and neither of them say they're broken anyway.

I've had this problem with stock docking ports as well, it's not exclusive to MOLE ports. Try googling "kerbal stuck docking port" for some tips on how to get the port unstuck. I think there's even a software app to do it for you. :)

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I've had this problem with stock docking ports as well, it's not exclusive to MOLE ports. Try googling "kerbal stuck docking port" for some tips on how to get the port unstuck. I think there's even a software app to do it for you. :)

Lovely......

But look, if you've got this happening in a stock game, send a copy to @bewing  He's looking for such for a bug report.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently added MOLE after using Buffalo for a while & I kept getting offered research contracts I couldn't finish.  I really like the MOLE mod but I've been having issues with contracts not completing and/or not removing the completed contract from my list of current contracts.   The first two MOLE science contract I completed I received credit for completing, got paid, got the game mail about finishing them, then still had the contract - with every item checked off as complete - listed as an open contract.  Then I had several work normally, so I figured it was just a fluke.  This weekend I brought back a lab from Moho with 4 completed experiments for 4 contracts and had nothing but problems.  First landing, only one contract completed, the other 3 showed everything done but the last step (land/splash down on Kerbin).  So I reloaded my quicksave & tried again.  This time, none completed.  Tried again - same.  After six tries, made a new lab, alt-F12'd it into Moho orbit, did the experiments & alt-F12'd it back to Kerbin orbit & landed.  Same thing - everything checked off except land/splash down on kerbin & no credit for the contract.  Has anyone else run into this?    At this point, I'm hesitant to take any more research contracts, especially since I lost about half my reputation cancelling the 4 that wouldn't complete.

Thanks for any help

Edited by Cavscout74

18 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

I recently added MOLE after using Buffalo for a while & I kept getting offered research contracts I couldn't finish.  I really like the MOLE mod but I've been having issues with contracts not completing and/or not removing the completed contract from my list of current contracts.   The first two MOLE science contract I completed I received credit for completing, got paid, got the game mail about finishing them, then still had the contract - with every item checked off as complete - listed as an open contract.  Then I had several work normally, so I figured it was just a fluke.  This weekend I brought back a lab from Moho with 4 completed experiments for 4 contracts and had nothing but problems.  First landing, only one contract completed, the other 3 showed everything done but the last step (land/splash down on Kerbin).  So I reloaded my quicksave & tried again.  This time, none completed.  Tried again - same.  After six tries, made a new lab, alt-F12'd it into Moho orbit, did the experiments & alt-F12'd it back to Kerbin orbit & landed.  Same thing - everything checked off except land/splash down on kerbin & no credit for the contract.  Has anyone else run into this?    At this point, I'm hesitant to take any more research contracts, especially since I lost about half my reputation cancelling the 4 that wouldn't complete.

Thanks for any help

Honestly, I've put exclusions in (since I use Contract Configurator) and avoid any WBI contracts, since I've seen similar a couple of times.  I'm not sure I've ever seen one successfully complete: I figured that WBI science extensions are just to complex to work well with the contract system.

19 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

I recently added MOLE after using Buffalo for a while & I kept getting offered research contracts I couldn't finish.  I really like the MOLE mod but I've been having issues with contracts not completing and/or not removing the completed contract from my list of current contracts.   The first two MOLE science contract I completed I received credit for completing, got paid, got the game mail about finishing them, then still had the contract - with every item checked off as complete - listed as an open contract. ......

I haven't had this happen with MOLE contracts in 1.3, but I have had this exact thing happen with just a generic "position satellite in specific orbit" contract.  So probably as with docking ports refusing to undock, it's probably not entirely just a MOLE thing.  The only problem I've had with MOLE contracts in 1.3 is that sometimes it'll want to do an experiment on the ground that can only be done in space.  However, this isn't too different from seeing stock contracts that want you to mine Jool.  The contract system is just a bit wonky in general.

MOLE 1.8.11 is now available:

- All configurable parts now require an Engineer to reconfigure instead of a mix of Engineer and Scientist.
- With Pathfinder installed, the DenEye can also perform geo surveys just like the T.E.R.R.A.I.N. in addition to generating ScopeTime and its built-in ground surveillance experiment. It will consume ResearchKits in the process.
- Play mode support added.
- Added support for Classic Stock play mode and Pristine mode.
- CRP is now a separate download.
- Updated to KSP 1.3.1.

Is there any known incompatibility issues with other parts mods when using M.O.L.E mod? I tried to make it to work on the latest 1.3.1 KSP and it crashed.  Is any other mod required to have it not crash (Tweakscale, CRP, CTT)?

I took the whole M.O.L.E off my Game Data and the game worked fine again. (I did download your 1.3.1 compatible version btw)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.