[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

Wow! Great mod. Loving it. :)

I do have one small problem, though. It's not game-breaking, just very inconvenient.
If I take an LDEF experiment module and place it on the craft, then leave and reenter the VAB or SPH, then click a component then delete the component, it causes the experiment description window to appear. This effect does stack, e.g. placing an experiment on one craft and one on another craft causes the experiment description to appear twice, and every time you enter the VAB or SPH it will show up again on the next thing you delete.

My mod list (KSP-AVC made this list, sorry if it missed any mods :()

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.4
Filter Extensions - 3.1
USI Tools - 0.10
AtmosphereAutopilot - 1.5.10
Community Category Kit - 2.0.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.8
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
Extraplanetary Launchpads - 5.9
Firespitter - 7.6
FShangarExtender - 3.5.2
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes - 1.0.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.7.6468.41490
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
PatchManager - 0.0.9
RealChute - 1.4.5
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.23.7
Trajectories - 1.7.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
TRP-Hire - 0.6.6
USI Core - 0.5
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.11
Konstruction - 0.3
USI-LS - 0.7
WildBlueTools - 1.38
Kerbal Actuators - 1.0.6.1
Buffalo - 2.3.1
Deep Space Exploration Vessels - 2.5
Airships - 2.8.9
Kerbal KIS Items - 2.1.3
MCM - 2.1.2
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 1.9.3
Pathfinder - 1.18
OSE Workshop - 1.2.2

Edited by TDplay
added a smile emoji

21 minutes ago, insert_name said:

Any chance you could add some sort of airbag system on the Corona lite, I'm tired of it sinking when it lands in the water

In the KononaLite file, look for

buoyancy = 1.5

and change it to a higher value. Feel free to play around with it until you get a situation were the capsule doesn't sink. If you post your results then I can change the part. :)

Hey,

first of all, very nice Mod you did I really like it and its one of the more polished in my opinion, keep up the good work and thank you for that.

Is there a standalone Version of the Brumby or a way to use only the Brumby? I only need that Part because its the only Working 2seat Command Pod with functional IVA and dont want to struggle my system with another 100mb+ of parts and stuff i dont really need, and my system runs right on the edge with the tons of mods ive installed.

I tried to delete all the other stuff in the package manually which (i think) are not dependent for the brumby, but then the brumby doesnt appear ingame.

1 hour ago, Euer_Hochwuergen said:

Hey,

first of all, very nice Mod you did I really like it and its one of the more polished in my opinion, keep up the good work and thank you for that.

Is there a standalone Version of the Brumby or a way to use only the Brumby? I only need that Part because its the only Working 2seat Command Pod with functional IVA and dont want to struggle my system with another 100mb+ of parts and stuff i dont really need, and my system runs right on the edge with the tons of mods ive installed.

I tried to delete all the other stuff in the package manually which (i think) are not dependent for the brumby, but then the brumby doesnt appear ingame.

If that's all you want, have you looked at this mod:

I believe it's working, and while it isn't quite as nice as the Brumby, MOLE is more than just a parts mod so trying to pare it down enough for just that part is going to be a lot of work.

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

If that's all you want, have you looked at this mod:

I believe it's working, and while it isn't quite as nice as the Brumby, MOLE is more than just a parts mod so trying to pare it down enough for just that part is going to be a lot of work.

I used the K2 for a long time but now its useless since it has no RPM/ASET Props Support, which I need because im playing a forced IVA Campaign. (sry should have been clearer about that)

Yeah i already had supposed that it would be a lot of work, after i looked into the folders, but im not a Modder myself, so i wanted to ask if theres another possiblity.

Its not compelling necessary but it would be a nice to have,  anymways I will find a way to engineer around that two seat Command Pod Gap in my carreer :wink: .

Edited by Euer_Hochwuergen

1 hour ago, Euer_Hochwuergen said:

I used the K2 for a long time but now its useless since it has no RPM/ASET Props Support, which I need because im playing a forced IVA Campaign. (sry should have been clearer about that)

Yeah i already had supposed that it would be a lot of work, after i looked into the folders, but im not a Modder myself, so i wanted to ask if theres another possiblity.

Its not compelling necessary but it would be a nice to have,  anymways I will find a way to engineer around that two seat Command Pod Gap in my carreer :wink: .

Have u tried a 'prune' using janitors closet...that should do exactly what u need

2 hours ago, Euer_Hochwuergen said:

Nope, but i definitly will do.   Thanks a lot thats exactly what i needed!

Note that the Brumby is a 1.875m part, which is not a stock size.  (Stock is 1.25m and 2.5m.)  It's a very *common* mod part size, used by a lot of other mods, but it's not quite the stock size.  And if you do prune out parts I'd recommend keeping the Mk1 docking port and the Flight Control Package as well - the three parts together (along with the Mk1-85 heat shield) form a balanced unit for RCS and have full landing parachutes as well as docking.

On 16.12.2017 at 1:07 AM, DStaal said:

Note that the Brumby is a 1.875m part, which is not a stock size.  (Stock is 1.25m and 2.5m.)  It's a very *common* mod part size, used by a lot of other mods, but it's not quite the stock size.  And if you do prune out parts I'd recommend keeping the Mk1 docking port and the Flight Control Package as well - the three parts together (along with the Mk1-85 heat shield) form a balanced unit for RCS and have full landing parachutes as well as docking.

Yeah, thanks for the advice, i will keep them, but i decided to keep some others too, like the mole habitat for example, because they are filling up some other gaps and they are just too beatiuful.

Thx again @gunt3rgam3r , since there is the prune function, i got  lots of new possible combinations for the game that could be really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad the rocket parts aren't available separately.    I've started a playthrough with all the USI mods with focus on building bases on other planets and am trying to avoid any other mods that are too complex.  But I do miss those 1.875 parts. 

On 12/29/2017 at 2:34 AM, eberkain said:

Too bad the rocket parts aren't available separately.    I've started a playthrough with all the USI mods with focus on building bases on other planets and am trying to avoid any other mods that are too complex.  But I do miss those 1.875 parts. 

If you wait long enough, the DLC will have 1.875m tanks. Otherwise you can delete everything but the Titan folder and the plugins.

Meanwhile, I've been hip deep in DSEV for the past couple of months, but I managed to do something I've wanted to do for awhile now: reorient the MOLE module's IVA to be horizontal like the Botany Lab and Mark One Habitat:

3VpqQ7Z.png

IxhbpvN.png

I hope this isn't a silly question, but is there a way to see what experiments have already been completed? [x]Science doesn't show the MOLE experiments, understandably, and I keep accidentally sending up experiments I've already done.

MOLE 1.10.1 is now available:

IA-25: Leveled the central attachment node with the rest of the engines.

MOLE: Reworked the IVA to be horizontal like the the MOH and MOBL.

New Contract
- Touring: This contract requires you to send 1 or more tourists to a specific vessel and return them home safely after a few days stay.

ARP Icons
Added new Alternate Resource Panel icons courtesy of JadeOfMaar. These look great! :)

Edited by Angel-125

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up here looking for a way to get Contract Pack: Field Research to ignore MOLE LDEF experiments, so for the purpose of other people searching this thread for keywords, here is a link to the Field Research thread with a MM patch to do that:

I believe the MOLE Hab needs the following config addition so that the Blacksmith Workshop is functional (using the pathfinder hab path):

(basically same as in ponderosa config)

//MOLE blacksmith workshop functionality from pathfinder hab path:

@PART[WBI_MOH18]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{
    MODULE:NEEDS[Workshop] 
    {
        name = OseModuleWorkshop
        ConversionRate = 1 // How much of a parts mass needs to be processed until it is done
        ProductivityFactor = 0.25 // How much units of the resource a processed per second
        UpkeepResource = ElectricCharge // This resource will be consumed 1 per second during processing
        InputResource = MaterialKits // This resource will be used to process the items
        MinimumCrew = 1 // Amount of Kerbals needed for the Workshop to work
    }

{
        name = OseModuleRecycler
        ConversionRate = 0.15 // How much of a parts mass will be recycled
        ProductivityFactor = 0.25 // How much units of the resource a processed per second
        UpkeepResource = ElectricCharge // This resource will be consumed 1 per second during processing
        OutputResource = MaterialKits // This resource will be created 
        MinimumCrew = 1 // Amount of Kerbals needed for the Recycler to work
    }

{
        name = OseModuleCategoryAddon
        Category = Pods
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/RDicon_commandmodules
    }

{
        Category = FuelTank
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/RDicon_fuelSystems-advanced
    }

{
        Category = Engine
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/RDicon_propulsionSystems
    }

{
        Category = Control
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_largecontrol
    }

{
        Category = Structural
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_generalconstruction
    }

{
        Category = Aero
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advaerodynamics
    }

{
        Category = Utility
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_generic
    }

{
        Category = Electrical
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_electrics
    }

{
        Category = Ground
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advancedmotors
    }

{
        Category = Payload
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_composites
    }

{
        Category = Communication
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advunmanned
    }

{
        Category = Coupling
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/cs_size3
    }

{
        Category = Thermal
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/fuels_monopropellant
    } 

{
        Category = Science
        IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advsciencetech
    }

}

Hello, I've used MOLE before, but i've been away from KSP until recently, so today i fired it up and updated my mods, MOLE being among them. I start a new game, and there is this window asking me to select a Wild Blue Industries play mode. I have no idea what this is or what it does, so i just clicked cancel, but could someone enlighten me as to what exactly it is?

And another one ( I know, I am annoying...):

The MOLE parts have module WBIResourceDistributor when Pathfinder is installed, however, in the code of the resource distributor there is a check for vessel situation LANDED, otherwise no distribution will happen...

Is that intentional? Thus MOLE parts in orbit will never perform resource distribution, although they could...?

1 hour ago, TheDog said:

And another one ( I know, I am annoying...):

The MOLE parts have module WBIResourceDistributor when Pathfinder is installed, however, in the code of the resource distributor there is a check for vessel situation LANDED, otherwise no distribution will happen...

Is that intentional? Thus MOLE parts in orbit will never perform resource distribution, although they could...?

The distribution is to allow for distributed ground bases more than ship to ship transfers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.