[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Last bit for the night:

7hQHsLZ.png

UEk75Ra.png

Next up are the Restock textures.

These look really nice but i think the black thing that surrounds the window is a bit too big,

and i maybe asking too much, but maybe add a second version which replaces the window with a port hole for use with mk.1 

but this is a great mod either way

5 hours ago, moguy16 said:

These look really nice but i think the black thing that surrounds the window is a bit too big,

and i maybe asking too much, but maybe add a second version which replaces the window with a port hole for use with mk.1 

but this is a great mod either way

This project is getting too much scope creep as is, so I don't see adding a porthole to the model in the near future. If I was retired I would throw out the whole mod and start over, ditching the Titan parts and the Brumby since both are covered by the Making History DLC.

The Appaloosa was designed to work with the Mk1 pod but also be a command pod in its own right; hence the similar appearance. There will be a 3-seater Block 2 variant but it'll use the same model with a new IVA.

Hey there,

This will sound strange, but I have a few questions on the art assets (and I'm happy to help out with them as well);

- Are these assets visually compatible with the lovely, station part mod by Nertea
 - I don't have my machine so I can't check out the assets in detail, but do you have an "insulated" skin in place that looks like most Space Stations such as the ISS, Mir, and Skylab? construction?
sts081-376-026-sts-081-antenna-and-insul

This is a photo of Mir, as you can see, there are radiators, but much of the thermal management is done via insulation. Is there a way to help you add such detailing into the mod? I am a designer, and I haven't done such art, but I'd like to learn/help.

I keep finding these details about historical stations and I'd really like to add them here. Another example, from Skylab;
Skylab_3_flyaround.jpg

The detailing here is so beautiful, there's this Aluminum hard body exterior that is mated with the insulated interior, and the point of contact between them is beautiful.

Here's what they wanted it to look like, and the exposed tanks etc make it look so Kerbal;

Skylab_illustration.jpg

This aesthetic is so retro and so beautiful.

Edited by iteranthypatic
Adding additional images.

4 hours ago, iteranthypatic said:

Hey there,

This will sound strange, but I have a few questions on the art assets (and I'm happy to help out with them as well);

- Are these assets visually compatible with the lovely, station part mod by Nertea
 - I don't have my machine so I can't check out the assets in detail, but do you have an "insulated" skin in place that looks like most Space Stations such as the ISS, Mir, and Skylab? construction?

This is a photo of Mir, as you can see, there are radiators, but much of the thermal management is done via insulation. Is there a way to help you add such detailing into the mod? I am a designer, and I haven't done such art, but I'd like to learn/help.

I keep finding these details about historical stations and I'd really like to add them here. Another example, from Skylab;

The detailing here is so beautiful, there's this Aluminum hard body exterior that is mated with the insulated interior, and the point of contact between them is beautiful.

Here's what they wanted it to look like, and the exposed tanks etc make it look so Kerbal;

This aesthetic is so retro and so beautiful.

There is to some degree, MOLE White has some thermal padding. The effect is done through the normal maps; you can replace them and add additional thermal padding if desired.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Because I haven't said it recently: These parts are gorgeous.  And the new textures are amazing.

Thanks! :) I've been trying to up my skill level and MOLE & DSEV gave me that opportunity. These new texture options let you make something like China's Tiangong space station. I'm hoping that my next project can approach Restock quality as I'd like it to mesh with what the Restock team has done.

MOLE 1.21.0 is now available:

- Compatibility update
- Added new MOLE White theme to several parts: MOLE, MOH, MOBL, Kargo Bay, Battery Module, Power Module, Coach, Titan Instrument Unit, and Solar Power Module.
- Remodled the Appaloosa; it has texture options to match the Mk-1 Command Pod. Both Stock and Restock are supported. The previous version of the Appaloosa has been deprecated.
- Mk 1 Flight Control Package has texture options to match the Mk-1 Command Pod. Both Stock and Restock are supported. The previous version has been deprecated.
- Mk 1 Docking Port and Mk 1 Radial Docking Port have texture options to match the Mk-1 Command Pod. Both Stock and Restock are supported. The previous version has been deprecated.
- Remodeled the Mk 2 Docking Port to match standards with the Mk 1 ports. It has two part variants. The previous version has been deprecated.

New Parts
- SPF-1 Solar Array: Radially mounted, slightly better that the stock 3x2 array.
- SPF-2 Solar Array: Radially mounted, about twice and powerful as the SPF-1.
- SPF-3 Solar Array: Stack mounted, equal power generation to the Solar Battery Module. It lacks the batteries but you can attach it to Size 0 parts.
- Bolt Abort Motor: This is the abort-only version of the O-2 "Oxygen" motor. It's available earlier in the tech tree.
- Appaloosa Block 2: A 3-seat variant of the Appaloosa.
- Appaloosa Orbital Module: A 2-seat module with a single Omni Converter.
- Appaloosa Shielded Tank: A specially designed tank that also has a heat shield.
- WB-20R "Colt" Liquid Fuel Engine: This is a radially mounted engine that also sports RCS thrusters.

Oh nice!

One question, do the colliders or even the shape of the parts change from the previous version?

I currently have one ship orbiting Kerbin using the Brumby command pod (Gemini like with two seats) and a LDEF experiment bus just below it and a heatshield, all maounted on a stock 1.875 fuel tank and a cheetah engine and one of the MOLE solar arrays (the one on a 1.875 power module that keeps rotating to fid the sun).

If I change the mod files now, will me ship be broken when I open my save next time? Or is it preferable for the mission to end (once the experiments will be finished, the ship will return to Kerbin with those anyway) before updating M.O.L.E.?

9 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Oh nice!

One question, do the colliders or even the shape of the parts change from the previous version?

I currently have one ship orbiting Kerbin using the Brumby command pod (Gemini like with two seats) and a LDEF experiment bus just below it and a heatshield, all maounted on a stock 1.875 fuel tank and a cheetah engine and one of the MOLE solar arrays (the one on a 1.875 power module that keeps rotating to fid the sun).

If I change the mod files now, will me ship be broken when I open my save next time? Or is it preferable for the mission to end (once the experiments will be finished, the ship will return to Kerbin with those anyway) before updating M.O.L.E.?

I didn’t change colliders on the old parts. In cases where I remodeled parts I deprecated the old version and made a new one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.