[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, razark said:

That fixed the Habitat.

I am still seeing it on the Botany Lab, Solar Batter Module, MOLE Battery Module, and MOLE Power Module.

Ok, at this point I cannot salvage 1.24 so I will discard the previous and revert back to 1.22.1. It won’t have any of @JadeOfMaar’s changes but it is the last stable build. Expect to see that tomorrow as 1.25.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, at this point I cannot salvage 1.24 so I will discard the previous and revert back to 1.22.1. It won’t have any of @JadeOfMaar’s changes but it is the last stable build. Expect to see that tomorrow as 1.25.

It must be frustrating to have to roll back. You efforts supporting MOLE are appreciated.

MOLE 1.25 is now available:

- Reverted back to MOLE 1.22 and manually reapplied JadeOfMaar's updates.
- Replaced Sledgehammer's MultiModeEngine and multiple engines with new WBIModuleEnginesSRB. This new module lets you define THRUST_PROFILE nodes within the part module. Simply select the desired thrust profile in the editor.
- Adding Sledgehammer SRB segments will now slightly boost thrust.
- Defined THRUST_PROFILE nodes for BetterSRB support based on JadeOfMaar's update.
- Bug fixes from Wild Blue Tools

• 2 weeks later...

@Angel-125The Mk2 Docking port appears twice in the tech tree. First appearance is in the Advanced Construction node.  This Mk2 DP has 2 variants.  The 2nd occurrence is in the Specialized Construction node.  This version doesn't state it has any variants.  Is having the port appear twice in the tech tree intentional?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FrancoisH said:

Just a little question. Does the KSPedia entry had been removed? I can't find it anymore. I'm playing in 1.10.1

Lots of mods used to have beautiful and great kspedia pages.

Then, in 1.5 or 1.7 or so, the required internal format somewhat changed, and as creating and updating thes kspedia pages is a massive pain to do, most mods have not yet bothered to do so.

I especially miss the opm deltav maps, but you gotta live with it (unless you know unity and wanna help out the modders)...

2 hours ago, TheDog said:

Lots of mods used to have beautiful and great kspedia pages.

Then, in 1.5 or 1.7 or so, the required internal format somewhat changed, and as creating and updating thes kspedia pages is a massive pain to do, most mods have not yet bothered to do so.

I especially miss the opm deltav maps, but you gotta live with it (unless you know unity and wanna help out the modders)...

You mean this one ? I installed this one into my 1.10.1 setup.

5vaQeGa.png

Edited by FrancoisH

1 minute ago, FrancoisH said:

If I could look at it, maybe could I be able to fix it

If you can indeed make a KSPedia, ask any modder whose own still works, such as DMagic or SuicidialInsanity, maybe JPLRepo, and hopefully they'll show you what to do differently. But you may have the added challenge (if it applies) of acquiring or producing source files.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

If you can indeed make a KSPedia, ask any modder whose own still works, such as DMagic or SuicidialInsanity, maybe JPLRepo, and hopefully they'll show you what to do differently. But you may have the added challenge (if it applies) of acquiring or producing source files.

Will look at GitHub repos :) Thank you for answering.

• 2 months later...

MOLE 1.26.0 is now available:

- KSP 1.11.1 support.
- Mk2 Docking Port now has a "Buffalo" part variant that's designed to fit the Buffalo Crew Module.
- 1.875m Titan parts are hidden when Making History DLC is installed.
- Deprecated the mini grabbing unit since one exists in stock now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey

I'm working on a custom patch for my own playstyle to add in the MOLE experiments, in particular those that are added to "payload" parts via the manifest. Looking at the experiment definitions, there are "requiredPart"'s such as the M.O.L.E. or the Bigby OW. I'm wondering if there is a simple way to add (for example) the Skylab OW from (BDB) or Tantares labs to the required parts list?

Could a ModuleManager patch like below work?

Spoiler

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[WBISpaceAdaptionStudy]]:FINAL
{
	%requiredPart = scienceLab001
	%requiredPart = sciencepart2
}

3 hours ago, wallum61 said:

Hey

I'm working on a custom patch for my own playstyle to add in the MOLE experiments, in particular those that are added to "payload" parts via the manifest. Looking at the experiment definitions, there are "requiredPart"'s such as the M.O.L.E. or the Bigby OW. I'm wondering if there is a simple way to add (for example) the Skylab OW from (BDB) or Tantares labs to the required parts list?

Could a ModuleManager patch like below work?

Hide contents

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[WBISpaceAdaptionStudy]]:FINAL
{
	%requiredPart = scienceLab001
	%requiredPart = sciencepart2
}

You'd have to get the title of the BDB part instead of the part name, but yes, that would work.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, AmpYear thinks the MOLE solar battery module does not generate electricity. Now AmpYear throws me out of timewarp because it thinks the station's power is depleting. Any ideas?

Backup solar panel does show up ok. 

KSP log: https://disk.yandex.com/d/bkFD-Sowz7YJjw

Perhaps anything wrong with the module config @JPLRepo ?
Awesome mod anyways! Thanks guys.

PART
{
	name = WBI_SolarBatteryModule
	module = Part
	author = Angel-125
	rescaleFactor = 1
	MODEL
	{
	    model = WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/Assets/SolarBatteryModule
	}
	CrewCapacity = 0
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1752468, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1752468, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	TechRequired = advElectrics
	entryCost = 8400
	cost = 12000
	category = Electrical
	subcategory = 0
	title = Solar Battery Module
	manufacturer = Wild Blue Industries
	description = This advanced module combines the electrical storage capacity of the Battery Module with a dual-axis solar array that tracks the sun in two dimensions. Imperial fighter pilot not included.
	attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0
	mass = 0.45
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.15
	angularDrag = 1.5
	crashTolerance = 12
	breakingForce = 1250
	breakingTorque = 1250
	maxTemp = 1800 // = 1200
	bulkheadProfiles = size1p5

//Y-axis of SARJ is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher2 points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
		animationName = empty
		resourceName = ElectricCharge
		chargeRate = 0
		isBreakable = false
		pivotName = SARJ
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher2
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

//Y-axis of SolarArrayPivot is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIDualAxisSolarArray
		rotationModuleIndex = 0
		animationName = Deploy
		chargeRate = 24.0
		retractable = true
		isBreakable = true
		pivotName = SolarArrayPivot
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIMeshHelper
		objects = OuterShell;OuterShellWhite
		guiNames = Theme: Black and White;Theme: MOLE White
		editorOnly = true
		showGui = true
		showPrev = false
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = ElectricCharge
		amount = 2500
		maxAmount = 2500
	}
}

ayczv6v.jpg

aLZHQlw.jpg

Edited by hendrack

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2021 at 7:10 AM, hendrack said:

For some reason, AmpYear thinks the MOLE solar battery module does not generate electricity. Now AmpYear throws me out of timewarp because it thinks the station's power is depleting. Any ideas?

Backup solar panel does show up ok. 

KSP log: https://disk.yandex.com/d/bkFD-Sowz7YJjw

Perhaps anything wrong with the module config @JPLRepo ?
Awesome mod anyways! Thanks guys.

PART
{
	name = WBI_SolarBatteryModule
	module = Part
	author = Angel-125
	rescaleFactor = 1
	MODEL
	{
	    model = WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/Assets/SolarBatteryModule
	}
	CrewCapacity = 0
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1752468, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1752468, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	TechRequired = advElectrics
	entryCost = 8400
	cost = 12000
	category = Electrical
	subcategory = 0
	title = Solar Battery Module
	manufacturer = Wild Blue Industries
	description = This advanced module combines the electrical storage capacity of the Battery Module with a dual-axis solar array that tracks the sun in two dimensions. Imperial fighter pilot not included.
	attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0
	mass = 0.45
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.15
	angularDrag = 1.5
	crashTolerance = 12
	breakingForce = 1250
	breakingTorque = 1250
	maxTemp = 1800 // = 1200
	bulkheadProfiles = size1p5

//Y-axis of SARJ is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher2 points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
		animationName = empty
		chargeRate = 0
		isBreakable = false
		pivotName = SARJ
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher2
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

//Y-axis of SolarArrayPivot is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIDualAxisSolarArray
		rotationModuleIndex = 0
		animationName = Deploy
		chargeRate = 24.0
		retractable = true
		isBreakable = true
		pivotName = SolarArrayPivot
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIMeshHelper
		objects = OuterShell;OuterShellWhite
		guiNames = Theme: Black and White;Theme: MOLE White
		editorOnly = true
		showGui = true
		showPrev = false
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = ElectricCharge
		amount = 2500
		maxAmount = 2500
	}
}

ayczv6v.jpg

aLZHQlw.jpg

Hey, sorry for late reply.

That is because in order to have the dual axis tracking, it is set up like you have a pair of pannels on top of another imaginary pannel that generates no electricity. when AmpYear Looks at the part it only sees the imaginary pannel and doesn't see the actual pannels, so it thinks the part produces 0 EC. if you look you will also notice that Kerbal Engineer does the same thing.

Also, question:

Any explaination to the sledgehammer and what the diferent modes mean?

Edited by RedRoyal25
Added a question

• 3 weeks later...

I am running MOLE version 1.26.0 on KSP 1.11.2 and am seeing z-fighting on any part that uses module "WBIMeshHelper". I also don't see any mesh selections available.

This is a sample of the log when loading one of the affected parts:

[LOG 10:23:43.575] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/Parts/Control/FCP/wbiFlightControlPackage'
[ERR 10:23:43.579] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'WBIModuleRCSTechCheck'

[ERR 10:23:43.580] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'WBIMeshHelper'

I did a search through the WBI Tools codebase and looked elsewhere in the log. It appears as though none of the WBI Tools part modules are loading. I see this early in the log:

Spoiler

[LOG 10:23:02.742] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 10:23:02.810] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: WildBlueTools, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:23:02.810] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: WildBlueTools, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:23:02.814] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MoleUtils': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WildBlueTools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'WildBlueTools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WildBlueTools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'WildBlueTools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[ERR 10:23:02.817] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: BARISBridge, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:23:02.817] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: BARISBridge, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:23:02.818] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'WildBlueTools': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BARISBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

To test, I did a fresh install KSP 1.11.2 and loaded MOLE via CKAN (side note: I could not select "MOLE Pristine Play Mode" as CKAN reported a conflict with WBI Simplified Play Mode - I had to select that latter one on CKAN to get it to install).

These versions were installed: MOLE 1.26.0, BARIS Bridge 1.10, Kerbal Actuators 1.8.3, Module Manager 4.1.4, Wild Blue Tools 1.82.1, WBI Simplified Play Mode 1.82.1

I also installed Janitor's Closet just to clean up the part list but see the same issue without it.

The issue persists with these mod versions and KSP 1.11.1

@Angel-125 - please let me know if there is additional data I can provide.

Edited by Bombaatu

Just an opinion about balance. Appaloosa Block 2 is completely OP for having 4 crew in 1.875 size (3 would be ok.) If it was a cylinder, maybe, but it doesn't fit with other stock-balanced pods.

Great mod otherwise!

kTmLCHc.png

Edited by Krzeszny
formatting

On 6/6/2021 at 9:04 AM, Bombaatu said:

I am running MOLE version 1.26.0 on KSP 1.11.2 and am seeing z-fighting on any part that uses module "WBIMeshHelper". I also don't see any mesh selections available.

This is a sample of the log when loading one of the affected parts:

I did a search through the WBI Tools codebase and looked elsewhere in the log. It appears as though none of the WBI Tools part modules are loading. I see this early in the log:

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 10:23:02.742] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[ERR 10:23:02.814] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MoleUtils': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

[ERR 10:23:02.818] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'WildBlueTools': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

To test, I did a fresh install KSP 1.11.2 and loaded MOLE via CKAN (side note: I could not select "MOLE Pristine Play Mode" as CKAN reported a conflict with WBI Simplified Play Mode - I had to select that latter one on CKAN to get it to install).

These versions were installed: MOLE 1.26.0, BARIS Bridge 1.10, Kerbal Actuators 1.8.3, Module Manager 4.1.4, Wild Blue Tools 1.82.1, WBI Simplified Play Mode 1.82.1

I also installed Janitor's Closet just to clean up the part list but see the same issue without it.

The issue persists with these mod versions and KSP 1.11.1

@Angel-125 - please let me know if there is additional data I can provide.

Do you know whic parts offhand?

On 6/8/2021 at 4:52 AM, Krzeszny said:

Just an opinion about balance. Appaloosa Block 2 is completely OP for having 4 crew in 1.875 size (3 would be ok.) If it was a cylinder, maybe, but it doesn't fit with other stock-balanced pods.

Great mod otherwise!

kTmLCHc.png

Appaloosa block 2 holds up to 3 kerbals, same as the Making History KV-3 Pomegranate. You can see that in the config file here: https://github.com/Angel-125/MOLE/blob/master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/Parts/Command/Appaloosa/AppaloosaBlock2.cfg

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Do you know which parts offhand?

Ones I know for certain are the Mk1 Flight Control Package, the MOLE lab,  MOLE habitat module and the Titan Control Unit. But since the WildBlueTools assembly wouldn't load, it's a safe bet that any part that uses WBIMeshHelper is gonna have the issue. 

3 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Ones I know for certain are the Mk1 Flight Control Package, the MOLE lab,  MOLE habitat module and the Titan Control Unit. But since the WildBlueTools assembly wouldn't load, it's a safe bet that any part that uses WBIMeshHelper is gonna have the issue. 

Odd that WBT won't load, can you try the latest from GitHub?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.