(Drop Support)[1.6.1] Crew Light : An Automatic Light Manager [v1.19] (29 Jan 2019)

Li0n

On 2/26/2019 at 11:25 AM, CyberFoxx said:

Bug report:

KSP: 1.6.1.2401 (LinuxPlayer)
Aviation Lights: 4.0.7
Crew Light: 1.19

The compatibility for the Aviation Lights mod doesn't seem to work 100%. The navigation lights (Blue, Green, Red, White) seem to turn on at night, but the beacons don't flash on throttle-up and strobes don't double-flash like they are supposed to, they just use the standard "on" setting instead.

Confirm this on Windows 64 too. And looks that the settings for those lights aren't saved. I set it up to double flash the beaconts, accepted, and when return to the scree was back to the default.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @Li0n,

First, thank you for this mod. It adds a lot to my experience in terms of immersiveness.

Second, I've noticed an interaction between Crew Light and Restock+ that I haven't seen previously reported. Restock+ adds the ability to pivot the stock lights with the following code: 

// Allows rotation of lights via a tweakable

// Spotlight
@PART[spotLight1]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
    animationName = RestockSpotLight_Rotate
    startEventGUIName = #LOC_RestockPlus_light_rotate_on
    endEventGUIName = #LOC_RestockPlus_light_rotate_off
    actionGUIName = #LOC_RestockPlus_light_rotate_toggle
    allowDeployLimit = true
    revClampDirection = false
    revClampSpeed = true
    revClampPercent = true      
  }
}

// Floodlight
@PART[spotLight2]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
    animationName = RestockFloodLightRotate
    startEventGUIName = #LOC_RestockPlus_light_rotate_on
    endEventGUIName = #LOC_RestockPlus_light_rotate_off
    actionGUIName = #LOC_RestockPlus_light_rotate_toggle
    allowDeployLimit = true
    revClampDirection = false
    revClampSpeed = true
    revClampPercent = true      
  }
}

With Crew Light installed, these lights come on at night as expected, however they also pivot 180°. Of course, this behavior can be halted removing the ability, however, I thought you might want to incorporate the feature into Crew Lights (it's kind of a cool animation) or at least look at the Crew Light code to determine why this is happening.

(Tested on Stock install with Crew Lights, Restock, Restock+ and dependencies and notice posted on the Restock thread as well.)

Third, and in line with what has already been reported, Aviation Lights now includes a single tweakable light (and in stock the old purpose-built lights are hidden from the VAB / SPH lists outside of Advanced view), however, the engine beacon function of Crew Lights doesn't function with the new light. It works normally with the old ones, but if you don't know where to look for them, you would presumably use the new light, set it to be a beacon, and then wonder why it's not turning on.

(Tested on Stock install with Crew Lights, Aviation lights, and dependencies and cross-posted to Aviation Lights thread.)

Regardless whether you are interested (and able!), I appreciate the work you've done to make everyone's KSP experience better.

Thank you!

Edited by eightiesboi

1 hour ago, Li0n said:

@CyberFoxx and @FellipeC  thanks for the bug report, I'll take a look at it, didn't know AviationLight changed its internal behavior.

@eightiesboi thanks you too for the bug report, I'll take a look at it too, didn't know Restock(+) existed :P

(haven't been on KSP for a while now...)

I was gone for along time as well and then came back on a whim. I am playing regularly again. I forgot how awesome KSP is. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi fellow kerbonauts

It’s been a while since I visited this forum and even longer since I seriously worked on my mods. 

So today I officially drop support for them. 

It’s been a very good experience, the ksp community is unique of its kind, full of very talented, original and helpfull people and I had a very good time with you. 

I hope someone will be willing to take over and continue my work, all I done for ksp is licensed under the MIT license which allow anyone to take it over. I’ll try to respond to any question that may arise regarding the code but don’t expect it to be quick. If you’re interested leave me a pm. 

Thanks to Squad and all of the KSP community for this adventure

My others mods which need carring too :

Agreed. Thank you for making other people's games better with your contributions. Without Squad, we wouldn't have KSP, but it's people like you that have made our gameplay more interesting, more realistic, more challenging, and more fun. Best wishes to you! 

• 4 weeks later...