[1.2] RIAC - Resources in a Can

Caithloki

The Resources in a Can or RIAC for short is a mobile, small and compact mining IRSU for small purposes. Able to be stored in very small cargo bays and land on small distant moons (Engines released pending completion.) Even tho it is of small size and stature it will be well suited to supplying roving probes with required fuel for much less then a full mining rig.

This mod is still being worked on but it has reached a point where others can try it out and give feed back on changes or additions. Most parts are partly balanced, I need to mess around with weight, costs and storage amounts a bit more but it is at a usable state for now. More parts will be coming soon and I will be fixing the location of parts once I figure out the way to make a custom tab.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YyLIU"><a href="//imgur.com/YyLIU">RIAC Development</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Imgur Album

5Q1vLOZ.jpg

Future Plans

-A probe (possibly combined into the core/cores) (Complete)

-A half core that can be used as a land based rover. (In the pipeline)

-A half core for a 1/4 segment of solar panels. (Complete)

-A 1/4 segment solar panel (Complete, radiators still needed)

-A landing leg (modeled and textured just need to figure out the unity to ksp process for landing legs)

-A stack or side slung engine. (Modeled for both just needs textures and coding)

-Upgraded versions of the parts that are either smaller, lighter, higher efficiency or have more storage (will be for all parts, the probe core will follow the stock way of unlocking more control options for probes)

-Improve the textures on the internal parts (Up for ideas from anyone interested in giving them)

-An antenna to match the current style of the rest of the items. (Issues at this time)

-Fix the drill so it actually extends the drill bits.(Completed)

Download link:

http://spacedock.info/mod/1160/RIAC - Resource in a Can Version 0.05

If anyone can help me embed a post for the gallery I would be grateful, I cannot seem to find info on it anywhere

Edited by Caithloki

7 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

Your description leaves me with absolutely no idea what these parts are intended to be...  And your Imgur album isn't much help because  it's just a bunch of pictures with no captions.

The imgur album has been updated to include captions. I had a bit of time before class so I updated the album.

Version 0.02 is on space dock now, it is only a probe core addition in the same style as the other parts. Was planning on including an antenna but the config file is not agreeing we me so I will have to push that back to a later update. 

http://spacedock.info/mod/1160/RIAC - Resource in a Can same link as above but I will add it here as well.

Edit: now 0.021 since some name changes were not saved.

Edited by Caithloki

The idea of your mod is a modular ISRU, drill, and accessories, right? You should put that in the OP.

Cool idea, a resource conversion setup that is more condensed than what you can do now. I'll will be keeping an eye on this one. :) 

6 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

The idea of your mod is a modular ISRU, drill, and accessories, right? You should put that in the OP.

I updated the description to include ISRU into it. And yes it is exactly that, when it is finished it you will be able to make a small ship with 6-8 different parts and send it to moons to supply small future missions and will possibly have an expansion of larger parts in the future.

Version 0.05

Added

-Solar panels are in the pack now, currently the only Half Quarter Block.

-Half Core added

-The drill should be operating visually properly now. 

Fixed/Broken

-F]Drill animation doesn't snap into place anymore

-F]Drill bit length increased so it can reach the ground

-B]Drill missing model for the extension arm (Will fix tomorrow)

Next Update

-Half Quarter Block of a radiator

-Half Quarter Block of a nuke reactor (Maybe, if so will probably need at 4 slots to be able to power it)

xzuL4PW.jpg

Edited by Caithloki

Version 0.06 uploaded to space dock

-Stack engine has been completed and added

-landing leg in game but not working

-solar panel energy generation rate corrected

Version 0.07 

-added covered solar panel.
-change weights of some items.
-all parts moved to miniaturization tech node and structural category for easy sorting. (Searching RIAC will narrow them down as well.)

Wg8EQD1.jpg

Edited by Caithloki

I like this mod quite a bit but have a suggestion. Stop including the version number as part of the folder the mod is in. This can make quite a mess for updating. For example instead of the current version be in GameData\RIAC-0.08 have it in GameData\RIAC

Just now, JeffreyCor said:

I like this mod quite a bit but have a suggestion. Stop including the version number as part of the folder the mod is in. This can make quite a mess for updating. For example instead of the current version be in GameData\RIAC-0.08 have it in GameData\RIAC

Will do, the next version will have that removed. Thanks for the heads up on that.

1 hour ago, Caithloki said:

5Q1vLOZ.jpg

Should probably toss this image into the OP. It demonstrates what the mod is about better than the majority of the imgur album.

Liking what I'm seeing so far. Will definitely be watching this mod's progress.

Edited by Jarin

1 minute ago, Jarin said:

Should probably toss this image into the OP. It demonstrates what the mod is about better than the majority of the imgur album.

Liking what I'm seeing so far. Will definitely be watching this mod's progress.

Glad to hear you are liking it so far and thanks for the recommendation on the pic, I will update that now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.