CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

On 7/8/2017 at 9:02 PM, Puppy_The_Pup said:

How can i fix this? Please guys and gals help an idiot out <3 ?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

... Snip ...

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I am getting this same error. I can play but I can not add mods or edit my mods list what do I do?

I fixed it by following these instructions; https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Clean-and-reinstall-process all it would have taken was one line from the mod manager and this would have been better for me. I am aware that I am using a free mod for a game that the mod manager didn't write but I am also frustrated. 

Edited by C.A.Sizemore

Feature suggestion: Allow users to make certain pre-sets of mods which they can install in one action.

For most installs, I have sets or blocks of mods which I generally install together depending on the game types I play. It would be nice if I could save these sets and select them to install/uninstall them, especially when KSP gets an update.

6 minutes ago, Stoney3K said:

Feature suggestion: Allow users to make certain pre-sets of mods which they can install in one action.

For most installs, I have sets or blocks of mods which I generally install together depending on the game types I play. It would be nice if I could save these sets and select them to install/uninstall them, especially when KSP gets an update.

Doesn't the "Export Installed Mods" menu option do pretty much that?

9 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

Doesn't the "Export Installed Mods" menu option do pretty much that?

That will export everything you currently have installed (which may vary according to your style of play). That may also cause conflicts with mod dependencies which are not available yet for a new KSP version when it comes out.

You could cheat by submitting 'dummy' mods which are nothing but dependencies on other mods, though, but I'm not sure if they will be allowed in the repository.

For example, if you want to install everything from Near Future Technologies, or anything that has to do with RSS, you now need to select each mod individually because not everyone may want to have all mods installed.

Edited by Stoney3K

But couldn't you set up an install with just a core block of mods, then export that. When you want to install that particular block, just load the exported list to get the base setup installed, then add on whatever you like from that point. Unless I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

Just now, strudo76 said:

But couldn't you set up an install with just a core block of mods, then export that. When you want to install that particular block, just load the exported list to get the base setup installed, then add on whatever you like from that point. Unless I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

My idea is that users (and quite possibly other users, not just me) could mix and match from mod groups which go together, instead of just individual mods.

Another bigger problem with the CKAN install for Research Bodies. The install file should be <GameData/REPOSoftTech>, but CKAN installs the mod as <GameData/ResearchBodies>. As seen in the image below, the folder called ResearchBodies is found within REPOSoftTech, along with a couple of other folders that as a result do not get installed. The wrong install causes several bugs.

Notifying @JPLRepo just so you see.

yQNmxb8.png

19 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

He already explained that he doesn't maintain the metadata for that mod. Your best bet is probably @politas, based on the commit history of the NetKAN entry:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/commits/master/NetKAN/ResearchBodies.netkan

Ah, I didn't expect him to handle the fix, but thought he might want to know just in case someone else comes to his mod's thread with a similar bug.

On 19/07/2017 at 2:51 AM, ev0 said:

@JPLRepo Research Bodies has a dependency on Contract Configurator now, but this is not listed on the CKAN app.

Yes it is there.

EDIT: right got it now. You mean  "depends": ?

On 19/07/2017 at 4:50 AM, ev0 said:

Another bigger problem with the CKAN install for Research Bodies. The install file should be <GameData/REPOSoftTech>, but CKAN installs the mod as <GameData/ResearchBodies>.

This netkan not maintained by anyone. So if the folder structure changed. It will not be noticed by anyone and will not work with the current netkan. So manual install from now on till a fix comes along. I did take the liberty to post your repot to github. So at least it is on the "to do" list.

EDIT: I have not looked at this in a very long time but depending on health of the SpaceDock API. Changes may get picked up later but it still needs nurturing.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

Are we expected to notify someone directly to get attention for NetKAN pull requests? This one's been waiting 21 days, which makes me worry that it might not get looked at otherwise. It just adds one entry with a $kref pointing to my new mod's .netkan file on Github.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/5663

In fact, there's a fairly substantial backlog of pull requests currently (30). I would be willing to help work through those, if you'd have me; is there an application process?

22 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Are we expected to notify someone directly to get attention for NetKAN pull requests? This one's been waiting 21 days, which makes me worry that it might not get looked at otherwise. It just adds one entry with a $kref pointing to my new mod's .netkan file on Github.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/5663

In fact, there's a fairly substantial backlog of pull requests currently (30). I would be willing to help work through those, if you'd have me; is there an application process?

No, but your netkan was not that good.

I've redone it, it's been committed and merged.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've redone it, it's been committed and merged.

Cool, thanks!

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, but your netkan was not that good.

Huh, I based it on what was already in the repository for my previous mod:

The fields you added were present in the referenced .netkan file, so I thought that would be enough:

If you can easily summarize why it wasn't, I'm happy to learn.

10 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Cool, thanks!

Huh, I based it on what was already in the repository for my previous mod:

The fields you added were present in the referenced .netkan file, so I thought that would be enough:

If you can easily summarize why it wasn't, I'm happy to learn.

May have been the spec version.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

May have been the spec version.

Hmm, they're the same.

Actually, could you please revert that stuff and use the original version I submitted? The metadata in CKAN is wrong now; it's using your incomplete list of "depends" instead of the right one which includes ProceduralParts.

4 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hmm, they're the same.

Actually, could you please revert that stuff and use the original version I submitted? The metadata in CKAN is wrong now; it's using your incomplete list of "depends" instead of the right one which includes ProceduralParts.

I can't.

One of the issues I saw was that the only PR I could see was this one:

+{
 +    "spec_version": 1,
 +    "identifier": "SmartTank",
 +    "$kref": "#/ckan/netkan/https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HebaruSan/SmartTank/master/SmartTank.netkan"
 +}

I don't know if that kref was correct, but, when I looked at what you have, I saw that your spec version was 1, while the spec version I specified in mine was v1.4

I'll update mine to match yours in content.

Edit:  I had to override the version info to get it to commit, it should now match yours in content.

You are correct, there seems to be a bug in that since ProceduralParts only specifies a version of 1.3.0, it isn't assumed to be available for 1.3.8.

If you want me to redo it using your original PR, then you will need to update your .version info to only be for 1.3.0, remove the "min/max" stanzas and it will probably work then.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Im running this on Mac OS under the latest stable Wine, and It gets to the "would you like to check for updates" box, I click yes and it promptly crashes. What kind of logs do you need to diagnose the issue Im having?

I looked at the OP and saw the CKAN.app, i'll try that.

.app didn't load (set security pereferences to let it, but just opens a console window. the .exe under wine opens now, but seems to think the ksp.app is a folder so I cannot select my install. @politas @linuxgurugamer

Edited by Kerbal01

On 7/22/2017 at 4:08 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

If you want me to redo it using your original PR, then you will need to update your .version info to only be for 1.3.0, remove the "min/max" stanzas and it will probably work then.

OK, I decreased the max version to 1.3.0. Can you please try again? It's quite helpful to be able to control the metadata on my own repo.

I can submit a new pull request if that would help.

Edited by HebaruSan

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

OK, I decreased the max version to 1.3.0. Can you please try again? It's quite helpful to be able to control the metadata on my own repo.

I can submit a new pull request if that would help.

I quite understand.

It would be best if you submitted the new pull request