CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

Background:

Spoiler

I'm using a lot of Roverdude's USI suite - and now that includes Configurable Containers core. I had a lot of problems with IFS and CC along side Firespitter duplicating functions (some got one type of tank edit, some go the other, Z-Fighting, etc), so I ended up having to delete IFS and any mods that depend on it - one of which was Fuel Tanks Plus.  I run several NecroBones mods that work just fine, but I really miss Fuel Tanks Plus.

I have Firespitter core installed because it comes with USI, same goes with Configurable Containers Core. Now that I have used it, I prefer Configurable Container's fuel tank manager editing over IFS, so I don't miss IFS at all. I also run Tweakscale to resize parts, but for fuel tanks I prefer stick with whatever size the part has natively. For anything else I use Procedural Parts to make tanks for specific situations (usually interstage adapters). 

TL;dr: I have Firespitter (FS) core installed, and want to install Fuel Tanks Plus (FTP). I do not want to install Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS).

Necrobones verified FTP will work with FS-core in the absence of IFS.  The problem is CKAN has IFS as a requirement for FTP. Is there a way in netkan to to make CKAN do a "at least FS-core OR IFS-core" choice for required mods?

EDIT: thanks to @linuxgurugamer there is an example in the netkan of KWRocketry of just this sort of thing.

Edited by Murdabenne
Got an answer elsewhere, thanks!

OK, I see the trick - virtual dependency (Thanks @linuxgurugamer).  In the main netkan, establish a depends for "FueTanksPlus-FuelSwitch" (which doesn't exist) in place of the current IFS depends clause. I looked at KWRocketryRedux netkan files for an example.

in FuelTanksPlus.netkan

"depends": [
        { "name": "ModuleManager" },
--        { "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core"}
++        { "name": "FuelTanksPlus-FuelSwitch"}
],

Then make a couple of provider files (FuelTanksPlus-FS-FSCore.netkan and FuelTanksPlus-FS-IFSCore.netkan, which look like this (per the ones I saw in KWRocketryRedux)

{
    "spec_version"  : "v1.4",
    "identifier"    : "FuelTanksPlus-Firespitter",
    "$kref"         : "#/ckan/github/Author/FuelTanksPlus",
    "$vref"         : "#/ckan/ksp-avc",
    "license"       : "Proper License Goes Here",
    "name"          : "Fuel Tanks Plus - Firespitter Dependency",
    "abstract"      : "Establishes dependency for Firespitter core",
    "provides"      : [ "FuelTanksPlus-FuelSwitch" ],
    "conflicts" : [
        { "name" : "FuelTanksPlus-FuelSwitch" }
    ],
    "depends" : [
        { "name" : "FuelTanksPlus" },
        { "name" : "FirespitterCore"}
    ]
}

Couple questions: Do I need a "conflicts" stanza with the same name of what I am providing? KWRocketyr does this.  But I believe this is not needed, because FTP can run with either or both of the fuel switch providers.  It needs to have at least one installed, but it pretty much agnostic about which, and if both are installed, that's fine too.

Unlike KWRocketyRedux, FTP doesn't control its dependencies, IFS-core or FS-core, do I simply make basically 2 dummy netkan files to satisfy "provides" : [ FuelTanksPlus-FuelSwitch" ], then make a hard dependency? Will that chain depend FS-core or IFS-core, and trigger their install if they are not already installed? Can I leave out the install section since I am not installing anything? Or do I need to "borrow" this from FirespitterCore's netkan?

"install"  : [
        {
            "find"       : "Firespitter/Plugins",
            "install_to" : "GameData/Firespitter"
        },
        {
            "find" : "Firespitter.version",
            "find_matches_files" : true,
            "install_to" : "GameData/Firespitter"
        }
    ]

The concept I am having trouble with is how to turn an already existing mod over which I have no control into a virtual depends provider without having to explicitly install I.  I don't want to entangle this with the fuel switch mods so I don't have to copy any of their netkan code should they change it.  That is a maintenance nightmare I don't want to dump into any mod author's lap via a PR for the above, if they are the one maintaining the netkan/ckan data.

Edited by Murdabenne

8 hours ago, politas said:

İndirmek istediğiniz büyük modların "İçindekiler" sekmesine giderseniz, bulduğum bunları önceden yükleyebilirsiniz, zayıf Internet bağlantılarıyla çok yardımcı olur.

İlişkili olmayan bir modülde Bulunan Modül Bulunamadı için hata mesajının bağlantısı için imzamı gör. Bu şimdiye kadar çözülme çabalarından kaçıyor. Bu geçici çözümü izleyen talimatları izleyerek diğer sorunlarınızı da çözmeniz gerekiyor.

Thank you :)

21 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Would we post here if we would like our mods to be listed? I would like my mod LPS added, if possible.

I'll be happy to add that, but it won't appear in the main repo until you publish a full release on GitHub. We don't list pre-release mod versions on CKAN.

FASA dependencies seem to be wrong.

Hi, when I look at the latest FASA release (awesome mod, btw :)), it shows in ckan as compatible with 1.0.5. However, it has been released as compatible with 1.2.2, which also shows here:  

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/FASA/FASA-v7.0.ckan

any idea what's happening and what can be done?

Thanks in advance, Gustav

19 hours ago, politas said:

We don't list pre-release mod versions on CKAN.

Ummm, this may not be as iron clad as it appears

The BDAc team released v0.2.0.0 for both KSP v1.2.2 as well as the 1.2.9 pre-release and it appears that ckan is giving users of v1.2.2 the pre-release version which is crashing their game

13 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

The BDAc team released v0.2.0.0 for both KSP v1.2.2 as well as the 1.2.9 pre-release and it appears that ckan is giving users of v1.2.2 the pre-release version which is crashing their game

This release contains a .version file that declares KSP_VERSION and KSP_VERSION_MAX to be 1.2.2. The CKAN will list pre-releases if you've declared them to be stable and for a mismatched version of the game.

3 hours ago, stibbons said:

This release contains a .version file that declares KSP_VERSION and KSP_VERSION_MAX to be 1.2.2. The CKAN will list pre-releases if you've declared them to be stable and for a mismatched version of the game.

As a former BDAc team member you and the ckan team need to get your act together because when I was on the team we handed any issues dealing with ckan to ckan

6 hours ago, Nerfclasher said:

As a former BDAc team member you and the ckan team need to get your act together because when I was on the team we handed any issues dealing with ckan to ckan

I have nothing to do with either CKAN or BDAC. Precisely what are you expecting me to do about a BDAC release that claims to be compatible with a KSP version it segfaults? 

Are you having this same conversation with the AVC maintainers? Because it's also affected. 

Edited by stibbons

24 minutes ago, stibbons said:

I have nothing to do with either CKAN or BDAC. Precisely what are you expecting me to do about a BDAC release that claims to be compatible with a KSP version it segfaults? 

Are you having this same conversation with the AVC maintainers? Because it's also affected. 

okay we don't have this conversation with AVC but we don't deal with ckan issues  when it is a installing issue that is not the BDAC team's problem when ckan caused the issue when I was on the team and if I'm not mistaken that policy is still in place

Ckan uses the .version file if it is there, so if  that file is wrong, there is no easy way for CKAN to know.

And the .version file (used by AVC) is totally under the control of the mod authors

The .version file being shipped with BDArmory is wrong.  I just downloaded the latest release for 1.2.9, and the .version file says it's still for 1.2.2

Don't blame CKAN for your mistakes.  This is affecting EVERYBODY who uses the AVC mod as well as CKAN.

{
    "NAME":"BDArmory",
    "URL":"https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/raw/master/BahaTurret/Distribution/GameData/BDArmory/BDArmory.version",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases",
    "GITHUB":
    {
        "USERNAME":"PapaJoesSoup",
        "REPOSITORY":"BDArmory",
        "ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE":false
    },
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":0,
        "MINOR":2,
        "PATCH":0,
        "BUILD":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "PATCH":2
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
    {
        "PATCH":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
    {
        "PATCH":2
    }
}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Nerfclasher said:

when it is a installing issue that is not the BDAC team's problem when ckan caused the issue

Apparently I'm not explaining myself very well, which could also be why you seem to have taken offense by me pointing out where the problem is. Apologies.

As the guru has much more eloquently described, it's an issue with the release, that is affecting everything that tries to automatically index that release, and there isn't a great deal the CKAN indexer can do to correct it. The NetKAN spec does allow version-specific overrides to correct things like the supported KSP version, but that won't work in this instance as the prerelease is also identifying as exactly the same version as the stable release. I'm really not sure if there's anything that can be done externally, but I'd love to be corrected by somebody who knows the NetKAN spec better than I.

So, the only option is to correct the BDArmoryContinued .version file. And for that, I would direct you to PR #169. But even after making those changes, a new release would be required.

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Nerfclasher said:

Please do not use your former status as a BDAc team member to qualify your personal views as this implies that the BDAc team holds the same views

19 hours ago, Nerfclasher said:

okay we don't have this conversation with AVC but we don't deal with ckan issues  when it is a installing issue that is not the BDAC team's problem when ckan caused the issue when I was on the team and if I'm not mistaken that policy is still in place

Please do not speak for the BDAc team in regards to our policies or procedures as we are quite capable of speaking for ourselves

Edited by DoctorDavinci

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Please do not use your former status as a BDAc team member to qualify your personal views as this implies that the BDAc team holds the same views

Please do not speak for the BDAc team in regards to our policies or procedures as we are quite capable of speaking for ourselves

Okay I will be silent on this issue

17 minutes ago, Nerfclasher said:

Okay I will be silent on this issue

No need to be silent on any issue that concerns you

All that is being asked is to not imply that you are speaking for the BDAc team ... nothing more, nothing less

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Hey,

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what is the best procedure to add a new mod to CKAN, if the mod-maker is OK with it, but doesn't want to do the extra work?

Like with this one:

13 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Thanks. :wink:

As for CKAN - I don't use it, and I'm reluctant to support anything like that (especially when it's complicated by dependencies like this is) without being able to test it myself.  If someone wants to put it on CKAN that's fine with me, but that is not going to be an official release channel.

Or is it better to don't add it to CKAN?

----------------------

And what can we do, if we see a mod on "spacedock.info", that says it's listed for CKAN, but it doesn't show in CKAN?

Like this one: new reaction wheels

--------------------------

Sorry, if I made mistakes, but english is only my third language.

Edited by N3N

59 minutes ago, N3N said:

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what is the best procedure to add a new mod to CKAN, if the mod-maker is OK with it, but doesn't want to do the extra work?

Not a stupid question at all. Looks like the mod is hosted on GitHub, so this section will explain how to add a mod from GitHub. Further down the wiki page is explained how to add AVC and dependencies.

1 hour ago, N3N said:

And what can we do, if we see a mod on "spacedock.info", that says it's listed for CKAN, but it doesn't show in CKAN?

There is already a Pull Request open for that mod but needs fixing. I you want you can add that mod too.

3 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

Like with this one:

Or is it better to don't add it to CKAN?

----------------------

--------------------------

Sorry, if I made mistakes, but english is only my third language.

Or ask me, I can generate good netkan files pretty easily.

@Olympic1

I make the following as a start for the KPBStoMKS, but it's going to need some work.

specifically, it needs to have at least one of the following mods installed:

MKS, Konstruction, USI-LS, or OSE Workshops

So I'm wondering if you could help:

{
  "spec_version": "v1.4",
  "install": [
    {
      "install_to": "GameData",
      "find": "KPBStoMKS"
    }
  ],
  "depends": [
    { "name": "ModuleManager" },
    { "name": "KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems" },
    { "name": "FirespitterCore" }
  ],
  "$vref": "#/ckan/ksp-avc",
  "$kref": "#/ckan/github/DanStaal/KPBStoMKS",
  "x_via": "Automated Linuxgurugamer CKAN script",
  "identifier": "KPBStoMKS",
  "license": "MIT"
}

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Or ask me, I can generate good netkan files pretty easily.

Hey linuxgurugamer,

Do you want to help us?

I think CKAN is a great project and I think it's important to help CKAN to become greater and better with more mods, so that more people want to use it. :wink:

I will read me in the CKAN netkan files, but it may take a while (english is only my third language, sorry).

Here a list with mods that want to get into CKAN, but need help:

KPBStoMKS

more controllable and engine parts / new reaction wheels

UpgradesGUI

NK-33 Engine (there a 2 different mods/sizes on spacedock.info)

Extended Antenna Progression

@linuxgurugamer

Sorry, now I saw your last post. Thank you!! :wink:

Edited by N3N

10 minutes ago, N3N said:

First one is difficult, I've started, but asked for help

2nd one (new reaction wheels) is done

I'll look into why the UpgradeGUI isn't there yet

Why don't you merge the two NK-33 mods into one? Doesn't make sense to have a single part in a mod.  What I'd do is have a single directory (for now, call it MadScientist) as follows:

GameData/MadScientist/Parts/NK33

GameData/MadScientist/Parts/NK33_125

Last one (antenna progression), I've asked the author for permission.