CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

15 minutes ago, Simog said:

Thanks for the update but I have a problem.
I have two istances of KSP. In the test one CKAN work correctly (a little slow when add aviable mod update or import a ckan instal..). In the Main Installation, after opening , Appear this error:

What can I do to fix it?
Thank you.

Just click Continue and then Refresh.

(This is the new advice replacing "ckan update". The GUI isn't hosed enough for that to be necessary.)

1 hour ago, Jesusthebird said:

same. I opened ckan just fine earlier too. Then this happens suddenly.

The past three pages of this thread are dedicated entirely to this, including a solution.

21 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Just click Continue and then Refresh.

(This is the new advice replacing "ckan update". The GUI isn't hosed enough for that to be necessary.)

It was simple :). Now works perfectly. Thank you.

Edited by Simog

15 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

With the new version (1.24.0), when clicking the mods there is no longer any links to them on the right hand side. Is this normal?

They're still there, but you may have to move the splitter:

DY5sKsE.png  ==>  7KdZsgy.png

2 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

So question. I still haven't been able to get an SSL from github. I am on OSX High Seirra and want to use ckan to download from github again. I have reinstalled mono but it still doesn't work

Do you have the new version or not?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/1.24.0

7 minutes ago, www2 said:

Sorry for asking how to add a authtoken?

i know ckan.exe authtoken add abc.de efg....

But how i set this up on the github?

This wiki explains it: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-GitHub-API-authtoken

However, note that this feature is not completely turned on yet. Your token will not be used until the metadata is updated to use API URLs instead of browser URLs. See https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2210 for details.

Not technically a bug, but before I updated Mono on linux (from my OS default, 4.22 or something to 5. something) It showed the cannot update error related to secure connection. Maybe it's just my case, but I don't think mono 4.0 is the minimum requirement, so maybe checking and updating the the numbers can be necessary

Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong, but.. I downloaded the latest ckan.exe for windows, from the first page of this thread.  Confirmed it's 1.24.0.  Clicked on the .NET 4.5 link and microsoft said it's already installed (Windows 10 here if that helps).  Ran ckan.exe ... still getting the same exception: CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken, which is what I got with the previous version as well.

However if I run 'ckan update' from my game dir, it appears to work.. says downloading updates, returns successfully.. what am I doing wrong?

huh, well nevermind; after running that "ckan update" the GUI version now also works.  I guess that's what I was doing wrong.

Edited by ss8913

4 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

Not technically a bug, but before I updated Mono on linux (from my OS default, 4.22 or something to 5. something) It showed the cannot update error related to secure connection. Maybe it's just my case, but I don't think mono 4.0 is the minimum requirement, so maybe checking and updating the the numbers can be necessary

You're quite right, I missed that note when I updated the OP. Fixed now! Thanks for pointing it out!

7 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

Also, the current version number of CKAN shown in CKAN settings is 0.0.0... a very minor issue(since it doesn't affect usability), but potentially confusing.

Is it only me or for everyone?

That does seem odd. What does the Window title bar say?

8 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

Also, the current version number of CKAN shown in CKAN settings is 0.0.0... a very minor issue(since it doesn't affect usability), but potentially confusing.

Is it only me or for everyone?

23 minutes ago, politas said:

That does seem odd. What does the Window title bar say?

Sounds like https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2300. Do you also get an exception when opening the settings?

Any one know what would cause this error when i try and install mods?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CKAN.CkanModule.get_InternetArchiveDownload()
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.<>c.<DownloadModules>b__8_4(KeyValuePair`2 item)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.DownloadModules(NetModuleCache cache, IEnumerable`1 modules)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.DownloadModules(IEnumerable`1 mods, IDownloader downloader)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, IDownloader netAsyncDownloader, Boolean enforceConsistency)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2563.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.24.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.24.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/CKAN/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2558.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2623.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2623.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2558.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2558.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

1 hour ago, Xilis said:

MechJeb-2 DEV RELEASE ver. 2.7.0.0-784

The stack trace says it was upgrading. Do you know whether MechJeb2 was being upgraded, or was it some other mod?

Never mind that, I think I see what's going on. Thanks for reporting this. It's a bug in the new version, probably affecting the alternate repositories like you're using to get bleeding edge MechJebs, since apparently they don't set download_hash. Looks like a simple fix, but if you need a workaround in the meantime, you can switch back to the regular versions (i.e., 2.7.0.0 instead of 2.7.0.0-784).

Here's the pending fix if you want to track it: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/2313

Edited by HebaruSan