CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

On 7/29/2020 at 9:02 PM, HebaruSan said:
On 7/29/2020 at 8:20 PM, Brigadier said:

Thanks for looking into this.  Done, here.

Thanks. This is a different problem than what we fixed; there, the modules were being reinstalled, but according to the old metadata. If that was happening for you, this would be the timestamp of the last time you clicked Yes, but instead it's from February:

"install_time": "2020-02-08T15:54:59.3515081-08:00",

So for you, the reinstall fails. Maybe a conflict or an unmet dependency; would it be feasible to try uninstalling JNSQ and then installing it fresh, to see what happens?

(underlining mine)

After getting confirmation from the JNSQ devs that reinstalling won't bork the save and despite removing and reinstalling JNSQ (using CKAN's reinstall command), I still get the same problem (i.e. CKAN reporting that the metadata has changed and wanting to re-download the mod).  Current registry.json entry for JNSQ reports:

"install_time": "2020-09-07T15:26:29.825588-07:00",

Any suggestions for the next step?

38 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

(underlining mine)

After getting confirmation from the JNSQ devs that reinstalling won't bork the save and despite removing and reinstalling JNSQ (using CKAN's reinstall command), I still get the same problem (i.e. CKAN reporting that the metadata has changed and wanting to re-download the mod).  Current registry.json entry for JNSQ reports:

"install_time": "2020-09-07T15:26:29.825588-07:00",

Any suggestions for the next step?

This has nothing to do with the KSP/JNSQ install.

Just accept the download.  It's changing the CKAN meta-data, NOT the install in GameData.

1 hour ago, TranceaddicT said:

This has nothing to do with the KSP/JNSQ install.

Just accept the download.  It's changing the CKAN meta-data, NOT the install in GameData.

I accept the download every time CKAN starts after the NetKan cycle completes, which happens several times a day.  It's been this way for months now and only with JNSQ.  I provided the install time because that's the info HerbaruSan flagged in my registry.json the last time I brought this up and he suggested reinstalling JNSQ.

A few days ago I released a new mod and checked the 'add to CKAN' box while uploading it to SpaceDock, however, I still can't see the mod in the CKAN library. While looking at the NetKAN Status page I saw that there's an error for my mod:

$vref absent, version file present

I never added a mod to CKAN, so I'm not sure what to do, someone help me with this?

The mod: ULA Vulcan / Hephaistos
Spacedock
Forum

On 9/10/2020 at 8:42 PM, Superpenguin160 said:

A few days ago I released a new mod and checked the 'add to CKAN' box while uploading it to SpaceDock, however, I still can't see the mod in the CKAN library.

Your mod is for KSP 1.10, but some of its dependencies are for KSP 1.9, so the user has to manipulate compatibility to install it.

(Don't worry about the $vref absent message, that's a false positive.)

Edited by HebaruSan

58 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Sure, here.  Anything to help and thanks for your persistence.

OK, there are indeed some differences between the "available" and "installed" versions of JNSQ 0.9.0 in your registry.

Spoiler

93VSx78.png

18 hours ago, Brigadier said:

removing and reinstalling JNSQ (using CKAN's reinstall command)

What steps did you take, exactly? If your CKAN is in a state where no JNSQ is installed, and then you install it, it should simply copy the "available" module to the "installed". Somehow the old data is persisting.

Edited by HebaruSan

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

OK, there are indeed some differences between the "available" and "installed" versions of JNSQ 0.9.0 in your registry.

What steps did you take, exactly? If your CKAN is in a state where no JNSQ is installed, and then you install it, it should simply copy the "available" module to the "installed". Somehow the old data is persisting.

IIRC, I opened CKAN, found JNSQ, right-clicked and selected Reinstall.

Oh, yeah - I think I also selected a different Final Frontier option from within the JNSQ install.

Edited by Brigadier
Additional information

37 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

IIRC, I opened CKAN, found JNSQ, right-clicked and selected Reinstall.

OK, instead of that, can you please

On 7/30/2020 at 4:02 AM, HebaruSan said:

try uninstalling JNSQ and then installing it fresh, to see what happens?

18 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

OK, instead of that, can you please

On 7/29/2020 at 9:02 PM, HebaruSan said:

try uninstalling JNSQ and then installing it fresh, to see what happens?

Done and, after waiting overnight to ensure I get through another NetKAN cycle, the advisory has disappeared.  And bonus, the save hasn't been borked, although KSP experienced a CTD the first time I tried.  Second time was a charm.

Thanks @HebaruSan.

Edited by Brigadier

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Space dock shows my mod "Next Star industries" listed to CKAN but it's not in the list when I use ckan, it's updated to the latest version. Is there a reason for this so I can fix it?

On 9/10/2020 at 9:04 PM, HebaruSan said:

Your mod is for KSP 1.10, but some of its dependencies are for KSP 1.9, so the user has to manipulate compatibility to install it.

Specifically:

Edited by HebaruSan

A quick heads up, everyone. I'm stepping down as CKAN Mission Director, and the wonderful @DasSkelettwill be taking over. We should have a new forum thread soon for ongoing conversations.

It's been wonderful seeing this team go from strength to strength, and I'm really proud of where the CKAN system has gotten to. I'm sure under @DasSkelett's tenure, we will only see further improvements!  I'd especially like to thank @HebaruSan and @techman83 for all the stellar work they've been putting in over the years to keep the CKAN running and improving.

7 hours ago, politas said:

A quick heads up, everyone. I'm stepping down as CKAN Mission Director, and the wonderful @DasSkelettwill be taking over. We should have a new forum thread soon for ongoing conversations.

It's been wonderful seeing this team go from strength to strength, and I'm really proud of where the CKAN system has gotten to. I'm sure under @DasSkelett's tenure, we will only see further improvements!  I'd especially like to thank @HebaruSan and @techman83 for all the stellar work they've been putting in over the years to keep the CKAN running and improving.

Thank you for your leadership and work on the community's behalf.  We wouldn't have such a useful tool supporting our rocketry efforts (and failures) if it weren't for you and the CKAN team.

I'm looking forward to future developments, including transitioning to KSP 2 (ok, ok...I'm an optimist :wink:)

15 hours ago, politas said:

Thank you @politas for safely flying the project through all these years, it's been a pleasure. You pulled CKAN out of a crisis and made it to the widely respected, much used tool it is today.

It is an excellent project to take over, with a great team behind it, and I appreciate the trust and support you all give me.

I will try my best to keep CKAN in a stable orbit, and am looking forward to the future of KSP and whatever may follow it.

Here's the new thread:

Edited by DasSkelett