CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What @politas said.  I had the problem.

Specifically, the following is exactly what I did this morning.  I would recommend backing up the KSP directory first:

1. Start CKAN
  2. File->Export Installed Mods... (save to a known location)
  3. Uninstall ModuleManager (most likely will NOT uninstall the other mods at this time)
  4. Exit CKAN
  5. Start CKAN
  6. Refresh
  7. File->Install from .ckan... (select the file you saved earlier.  Will most likely uninstall all the other mods which depend on MM now)
  8. File->Install from .ckan... (again, select the same file you saved earlier, will reinstall all missing mods)

I'll just add the caveat that it is always a good idea to close and restart CKAN after the refresh when doing major changes like this.

6 hours ago, Skalou said:

hi , i'm here to help you catch a bug when updating some mod via CKAN, i got it here:

as @linuxgurugamer asked, i can try to catch this bug, but i don't know what i can do ( and how to reproduce it) :wink:

I've tried to reproduce that bug, but I haven't had any luck. Can you uninstall TakeCommandContinued and then reinstall it? 

16 hours ago, politas said:

I've tried to reproduce that bug, but I haven't had any luck. Can you uninstall TakeCommandContinued and then reinstall it? 

I did it, but no bug.
I see 2 ways to try to reproduce it:
-ask an udpate to take command (or just wait the next)
-build a fake mod available on CKAN, where we can try things to don't disturb others gamers.

Hi!

Now, when the mods in the GUI are sorted by the ‘Installed’ column, installed mods (☑) go first, then, not installed (☐), and after them,incompatible (-) and auto-detected (AD) ones are mixed together.

Is it possible to make AD go before (or directly after) the installed mods?

Edited by Teilnehmer

5 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

@Enceos

I think it was something like: ckan.exe install PartCommander=1.1.1

Thank you! The ckan.exe /? info didn't tell that I need to indicate a specific version.

Edited by Enceos

I do not know if this is the right place, but could someone add jool rings as an option in SVE installation?

https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/1.1.5

If it is selected it is necessary to install two dependencies: Kopernicus and Flight Integrator.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.2.2-2

https://github.com/sarbian/ModularFlightIntegrator (https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModularFlightIntegrator/25/artifact/ModularFlightIntegrator-1.2.3.0.zip)

Thanks!

Edited by Phoenyx

I have a question/suggestion:

Is there a way to install a mod through CKAN that doesn't officially support the version of KSP that is installed? Like for example I want to install the Near Future mods which are marked as 1.2.1 compatible on KSP 1.2.2.

If there isn't can that be added? With warning about the potential bugs and kraken caused by having a mod that is not compatible.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

I have a question/suggestion:

Is there a way to install a mod through CKAN that doesn't officially support the version of KSP that is installed? Like for example I want to install the Near Future mods which are marked as 1.2.1 compatible on KSP 1.2.2.

If there isn't can that be added? With warning about the potential bugs and kraken caused by having a mod that is not compatible.

Thanks

Settings > Compatible KSP versions

Very useful for all those mods that didn't get their supported version number updated for 1.2.1 or 1.2.2

12 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Settings > Compatible KSP versions

Very useful for all those mods that didn't get their supported version number updated for 1.2.1 or 1.2.2

Thank you so much!

Hello!

I've used CKAN for a long time now, always worked perfectly. Thank you for your work!

One thing it definitely lacks is a way to hide mods or mark them as "not interesting" or something like that and maybe even move them at the bottom of the list. Every time I want to play KSP, I first check out CKAN to see what is new and update whatever I have installed. The problem is that new mods don't always appear in the "new in repository" list. For example, a few days ago there were 520 compatible mods or so, today there are 539 and only 2 "new ones". There is no way to find out which are the rest of 17 other than going through the list. Having a way to "hide" unwanted mods would make things a lot better. 

I don't think I'm the only one thinking about this or facing this problem.

So, is there any chance you would add this suggestion to the program?

Cheers!

Hi

I've submit my mod, Crew Light, to CKAN sometimes ago but it was just bring to my attention that I've messed up my metadata, the "homepage" exactly. It look like that :

"resources": {
        "homepage": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/"
    },

but it should be :

"resources": {
        "homepage": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154901/"
    },

How can I fix it ?

So, Scatterer updated, and isn't presently working with Stock Visual Enhancements. Both authors agree that for now, users should install one or the other but not both. But CKAN lists them as dependencies for each other so it's not possible to install one or the other - they are required to be linked even though both authors agree that they do not actually require one another to work individually.

Is there any clarity on this?

@Arcadian Del Sol
Scatterer did a CFG syntax change, so atm SVE which uses the old syntax for scatterer breaks scatterer. I do not think that it is useful to mess around with the CKAN dependencies now, cause all which is needed is a SVE update which hopefully comes soon.

For now as workaround do the following: If you only want scatterer, just install it.

1) If you want SVE, install it via CKAN if you want.
2) Now delete the gamedata\scatterer folder.
3) Get scatterer from the scatterer release thread and put it into gamedata\scatterer

Done.

On 1/24/2017 at 0:35 AM, Ursu Mare said:

Hello!

I've used CKAN for a long time now, always worked perfectly. Thank you for your work!

One thing it definitely lacks is a way to hide mods or mark them as "not interesting" or something like that and maybe even move them at the bottom of the list. Every time I want to play KSP, I first check out CKAN to see what is new and update whatever I have installed. The problem is that new mods don't always appear in the "new in repository" list. For example, a few days ago there were 520 compatible mods or so, today there are 539 and only 2 "new ones". There is no way to find out which are the rest of 17 other than going through the list. Having a way to "hide" unwanted mods would make things a lot better. 

I don't think I'm the only one thinking about this or facing this problem.

So, is there any chance you would add this suggestion to the program?

Cheers!

This is a problem CKAN has had for a long time. (I think I first asked for a feature to fix this like 2 years ago)

Basically the New in Repository is ONLY new mods never been in CKAN before.

When you see a sudden jump in Compatible mods, some are "New in Repository", but most will be Incompatible mods that have been updated and are now Compatible.

BUT, unless you have those now updated mods installed in your game, they will NOT show up in the "Updated" list. (That is ONLY for Mods you have installed that have been updated.)

Which causes the problem you discovered. For example, I have 500 Compatible mods yesterday and today I have 512. (and 1 New in Repository) How do I find out what are the 11 mods that have recently been updated and I might want to now install, except by scrolling through the ever growing list of Compatible mods trying to spot the few new ones that were not there yesterday.

Having a "Date Updated/Added" column would solve this problem. You could simply sort the Compatible list by Date Updated/Added and now all the mods that had just been Updated would be at the top of the list.

I have been through this nightmare 7 times now (KSP.90->1.0 update, ->1.0.1 update, 1.0.2 update, ->1.0.4 update, ->1.1 update, ->1.2 update and the ->1.2.2 update.) [I skipped the 1.0.3, 1.0.5 and 1.2.1 versions]

Each time the compatible list resets and grows again as mods are update, and the frustration sets in again once the list gets to about 400+ mods. Usually at that point I just quit trying to find what mods have been updated and I am sure I am missing out on a lot of mods I used to use in previous KSP versions, only because the Author took a little longer to update, and I get tired of scrolling through the list looking for the newest mods that have been updated.

So unless they implement a "Date Updated/Added" column OR a Filter Category "Updated (Not installed)" you stuck with scrolling through the list of compatibles looking to see if you can spot ones that were not there before.

[Sorry for the Rant, this is a pet peeve if mine due to the endless repetition of scrolling through the Compatible list.] 

Edited by BlackHat

@Ursu Mare @BlackHat

You could just export your favorite KSP-1.1 CKAN mod list to a CKAN-file. 

And here and then you use "install from CKAN" on your KSP-1.2 install... now all compatible mods from that list are getting installed. If you like, you can do this once in a week or each day before you play KSP.
When mods of your 1.1-list are updated and got 1.2-compatibility, CKAN will just install them. No need for scrolling / manual check.

I doesn't say that a "last updated/changed" field would be useful. I would like it. But keep in mind that the devs working on it completely free in their free time, so I am very happy with what we got so far.

Edited by Jebs_SY

On another issue, I am going to need to include a single DLL in a netkan for LLL from TweakableEverything.  That's easy enough, but how do I make it so that when LLL is installed, it will only include the single dll from TE, and not interfere when TE is fully installed?

is this even possible?

I have a weird issue. I just updated all my mods through CKAN, and my computer just melted down, short freezes, sound stuttering, and CKAN refused to close down. I tried it again, updating a few mods at a time, and everything went fine until I got to Scatterer. The same meltdown happened, even when I tried to uninstall Scatterer. I don't have SVE or EVE. I posted about this in the Scatterer thread, but the dudes over there suggested I post it here instead.

15 minutes ago, fsxthai said:

I have a weird issue. I just updated all my mods through CKAN, and my computer just melted down, short freezes, sound stuttering, and CKAN refused to close down. I tried it again, updating a few mods at a time, and everything went fine until I got to Scatterer. The same meltdown happened, even when I tried to uninstall Scatterer. I don't have SVE or EVE. I posted about this in the Scatterer thread, but the dudes over there suggested I post it here instead.

I've had some problem with CKAN having trouble when asked to do several mods at once--it's reported upthread and appears to be a threading issue.  Doing them one at a time always works around it.

3 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

I've had some problem with CKAN having trouble when asked to do several mods at once--it's reported upthread and appears to be a threading issue.  Doing them one at a time always works around it.

So I managed to install the scatterer sunflare, but scatterer and scatterer default config still causes the same problems. Also, i just yesterday updated all the Near Future mods at the same time, so it's not that.

31 minutes ago, fsxthai said:

So I managed to install the scatterer sunflare, but scatterer and scatterer default config still causes the same problems. Also, i just yesterday updated all the Near Future mods at the same time, so it's not that.

The several mod issue seems to be consistent but random.  If x & y & z crashes it always crashes but that doesn't say a & b & c will crash.  I haven't seen it enough to find the pattern.