CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

On 1/13/2019 at 3:11 AM, HebaruSan said:

Yup, that issue was submitted, and we've got a plan for a fix for it.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2652

As a workaround till this is fixed, If you edit the .ckan file and change "recommends" to "depends", it should work.

Tried that workaround.

1.  Created a list of mods installed with "Export installed mods...".

2.  Editted the created .ckan and changed "recommends" to "depends".

3.  On an unmodded install, using "Install from .ckan...", selected the editted .ckan.

And does nothing; assuming it fails silently.

EDIT: Figured out that problem.  I'd forgotten to set the Compatible KSP versions (1.6, 1.5, 1.4) and add the MechJeb DEV depository.

Now, it installs all the mods.  And in the process forgets it installed all those mods.  Afterwards, detects all installed mods as "AD" (autodetected?) which means it thinks the mods were not installed by CKAN.  Refreshed and restarted CKAN client but they still show up as "AD".

Edited by Jacke

Kept wondering why that link kept taking me to a log on page every time I clicked it. I have been on github many times and never needed to log on.

So I started digging and discovered the link is to enter "new issues" (i.e. Bug reports). Unfortunately I (and probably many others who casually play KSP) don't have a github account, and thus cant enter bug reports on the github. So I we report them on the KSP forum.

Yes it would be very nice and helpful if we all got github accounts, (but I bet no more that 10-15% of the KSP players and KSP forum visitors have one) but please don't stress if many people don't, and instead report bugs here.

4 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

but please don't stress if many people don't, and instead report bugs here.

I'm not stressing. I'm encouraging folks to use a tool that will:

• Ensure their bug report will not be forgotten once it falls off the current page
  • Collect important basic info such as OS, versions, steps to reproduce, etc.
  • Facilitate discussion of follow-up questions and investigation between devs and users affected by a specific issue
  • Raise notifications when issues are fixed or closed
  • Avoid spamming this thread's 97 (!) followers with follow-up questions they don't care about

I understand that some folks might think that spending a minute to create a GitHub account isn't worth it, but remember that they're asking other folks to spend hours investigating and fixing problems for them. Be a sport and help us help you?

I posted my issue here cause I didn't know if it was a bug or just something I'm not seeing or not doing right.  All questions are not bugs. It would have been helpful if you would have said, "I can't help you fix this as this is a bug in the program and you need to report it to the proper place so it can be fixed." I thought this thread to was post questions/issues, so I posted one.

Edited by MikeO89

Hello, I have a problem with my CKAN

Unhandled exception:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:/Program Files (x86)/Kerbal Space Program To Vee or not To Vee MULTi9/CKAN' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at CKAN.KSP.SetupCkanDirectories()
   at CKAN.KSP..ctor(String gameDir, String name, IUser user)
   at CKAN.KSPManager._GetPreferredInstance()
   at CKAN.KSPManager.GetPreferredInstance()
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, KSPManager mgr, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui(KSPManager manager, GuiOptions options, String[] args)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.RunSimpleAction(Options cmdline, CommonOptions options, String[] args, IUser user, KSPManager manager)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute(KSPManager manager, CommonOptions opts, String[] args)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args) 

Can someone help me?

Thank you

On 2/1/2019 at 11:28 PM, CommonRocket86 said:

Hello, I have a problem with my CKAN

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Get Kerbal Space Program folder out of the "Program Files (X86)" structure. Microsoft Windows considers this structure to require administrative access. DO NOT run CKAN as ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!! It just causes more problems down the track.

6 hours ago, politas said:

Get Kerbal Space Program folder out of the "Program Files (X86)" structure. Microsoft Windows considers this structure to require administrative access. DO NOT run CKAN as ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!! It just causes more problems down the track.

In what folder then should I put it in? 

24 minutes ago, CommonRocket86 said:

In what folder then should I put it in? 

Move the D:/Program Files (x86)/Kerbal Space Program To Vee or not To Vee MULTi9/ folder (i.e. the entire game directory)

to D:/Games/Kerbal Space Program To Vee or not To Vee MULTi9/ 

You might also want to rename it to something easier to handle. so instead of "Kerbal Space Program To Vee or not To Vee MULTi9" to "KSP v1.6.1"

You will need to redo any desktop icons to point to the new location.

If you dont have one you might need to create a Games folder.

Just now, BlackHat said:

Move the D:/Program Files (x86)/Kerbal Space Program To Vee or not To Vee MULTi9/ folder (i.e. the entire game directory)

to D:/Games/Kerbal Space Program To Vee or not To Vee MULTi9/ 

You might also want to rename it to something easier to handle. so instead of "Kerbal Space Program To Vee or not To Vee MULTi9" to "KSP v1.6.1"

You will need to redo any desktop icons to point to the new location.

If you dont have one you might need to create a Games folder.

Thank you. Here people are really good!

Morning.  I'm having an issue with CKAN that I'm not sure whether it's intended behavior, a PEBCAK or a bug.  I'm trying to move mods to a new install.  Basically upgrading from 1.5x to 1.6x, but it does the same thing if I try from 1.5x to 1.5x installs.  

I export the list of mods to a .ckan file and try importing it into the new install.  I brings up the list of mods as "recommended by the .ckan file", but it seems to want to install ALL the recommended mods for any of the mods in the list.  The problem lies in the fact it tries to install conflicting mods like the high and low res versions of things, conflicting config files for scatter, etc.  This causes an exception when I proceed with the install, as I would assume it should.  If I deselect "deselect all recommended mods" it deselects everything and installs no mods what so ever.  

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a bug I should raise?

As far as I can tell, I'm using the latest version of ckan 1.25.4

Ok, ignore this.  Aparently I'm completely blind and I didn't see the exact same problem at the top of the page.  

Edited by Eugene Moreau
stupidity

49 minutes ago, Eugene Moreau said:

Is this a bug I should raise?

Yes please.

37 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

Seems that (free) certificate has expired again. It failed to resolve the remote server.

Just in case anyone else faces the same.

CKAN doesn't have a certificate. What are you referring to?

I'm probably wrong as this recalls me the last issue I had with it...

But :

1-55b8b48.png

and (sorry, some bits are in French):

Updating repositories...
Failed to download https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/archive/master.tar.gz: System.Net.WebException: Impossible de se connecter au serveur distant ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Une tentative de connexion a échoué car le parti connecté n’a pas répondu convenablement au-delà d’une certaine durée ou une connexion établie a échoué car l’hôte de connexion n’a pas répondu 192.30.253.121:443
   à System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   à System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   à CKAN.Net.Download(String url, String filename, IUser user)
   à CKAN.Repo.UpdateRegistry(Uri repo, KSP ksp, IUser user, SortedDictionary`2& downloadCounts)
Repository update failed!

7 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

1-55b8b48.png

and (sorry, some bits are in French):

Updating repositories...
Failed to download https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/archive/master.tar.gz: System.Net.WebException: Impossible de se connecter au serveur distant ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Une tentative de connexion a échoué car le parti connecté n’a pas répondu convenablement au-delà d’une certaine durée ou une connexion établie a échoué car l’hôte de connexion n’a pas répondu 192.30.253.121:443
   à System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   à System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   à CKAN.Net.Download(String url, String filename, IUser user)
   à CKAN.Repo.UpdateRegistry(Uri repo, KSP ksp, IUser user, SortedDictionary`2& downloadCounts)
Repository update failed!

Seems to be working fine for me. Is anyone else having this issue?

Quick question btw...

don't know if this feature has been raised in the past but just in case...

Do you think it might be possible to add a tag on a mod, that information to be indeed saved locally (potential sharing could raise after all)

This way, and throughout the KSP versions, I can filter my "favourites" (or tagged) mods and see if they're compatible ?

Right now, the way I'm working with mods updated is a simple text file populated with them (lol), because the import export stuff isn't that effective.

I guess it could be a matter of overengineering but CKAN is the best from my perspective, and I guess that the majority of players who use it would be happy to have that added.

24 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

Do you think it might be possible to add a tag on a mod, that information to be indeed saved locally (potential sharing could raise after all)

This way, and throughout the KSP versions, I can filter my "favourites" (or tagged) mods and see if they're compatible ?

Right now, the way I'm working with mods updated is a simple text file populated with them (lol), because the import export stuff isn't that effective.

I guess it could be a matter of overengineering but CKAN is the best from my perspective, and I guess that the majority of players who use it would be happy to have that added.

Does it look like any of these describe your idea?

Edited by HebaruSan