CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

MK3X Update fails through Ckan. Its already been noted in the Mk3x thread, however I didnt see it posted here yet.

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk3Expansion 1.4.7.3: C:\Users\smcin\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp1A5D.tmp has length 20017420, should be 20017396
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

I'm having a problem with updating BonVoyage through CKAN.  I'm getting this error: 

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: BonVoyage 0.14.2: E:\Temp\tmp8647.tmp has length 161362, should be 161357
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

4 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

MK3X Update fails through Ckan. Its already been noted in the Mk3x thread, however I didnt see it posted here yet.

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk3Expansion 1.4.7.3: C:\Users\smcin\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp1A5D.tmp has length 20017420, should be 20017396

2 hours ago, Shalfar said:

I'm having a problem with updating BonVoyage through CKAN.  I'm getting this error: 

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: BonVoyage 0.14.2: E:\Temp\tmp8647.tmp has length 161362, should be 161357

Both of these pull from Spacedock, I'm guessing something might be up there?

5 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

MK3X Update fails through Ckan.

2 hours ago, Shalfar said:

I'm having a problem with updating BonVoyage through CKAN.

24 minutes ago, Rohaq said:

Both of these pull from Spacedock, I'm guessing something might be up there?

Yes and no. When mod authors replace downloads, it works on GitHub but SpaceDock requires manual purging of the bot's cache. It's probably not anything more serious than that.

5 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Its already been noted in the Mk3x thread

When you see people doing that, can you please remind them not to? Mod authors don't like hearing about CKAN problems.

6 hours ago, Shalfar said:

I have the same issue. Is there any solution or just update manually?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Have you tried going directly to Spacedock?

i mean, spacedock loads up, but i use ckan for a reason (being that i have probably over 100 mods). your crew r&r installs fine, but stoackalke mining exp and mk3 stockalike are not

12 hours ago, garwel said:

I have the same issue. Is there any solution or just update manually?

2 hours ago, Commissar said:

but stoackalke mining exp and mk3 stockalike are not

The server admin has been pinged to purge those files from the bot's cache. It'll fix itself once he does so.

In related news, I'm hopeful that I've finally found a way to stop this from happening in the future:

6 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

The server admin has been pinged to purge those files from the bot's cache. It'll fix itself once he does so.

In related news, I'm hopeful that I've finally found a way to stop this from happening in the future:

How will this affect people who may have already installed the mod in its previous state? Does CKAN note that the metadata has changed, and the mod should be redownloaded and reinstalled?

1 hour ago, Rohaq said:

How will this affect people who may have already installed the mod in its previous state? Does CKAN note that the metadata has changed, and the mod should be redownloaded and reinstalled?

As far as CKAN knows, there is no difference. Nothing would be reinstalled. That's one of the downsides of replacing downloads like that.

I just tried again (like a minute ago) and I still can't download Bon Voyage nor Mk3expansion through CKAN.

Edit:  Well I'll be, I restarted CKAN once more to grab the error messages, and at least MK3 installed without a hitch this time.

Here's what I get for Bon Voyage, still:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: BonVoyage 0.14.2: C:\Users\Atlessa\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp3427.tmp has length 161362, should be 161357

Edited by Atlessa

So, hypothetical question.

If I want CKAN to install a mod as a dependency, but the mod doesn't actually depend on it, would you guys allow that?

Here's my use case - I want to use Benjamin Kermans Changelog mod (which isn't CKAN listed yet, hence the hypothetical). One of the things that CKAN does (through no real fault of it's own) is allow users to install mods/updates without checking the forum thread/download page, which means they never see the changelog.

I want to make dang sure that my users read the changelog, and this mod seems like a great way to enforce that, so I want to say that if you are installing through CKAN, you must use that mod, even though my mods will work fine without it. Is that something you'd allow?

Normally of course, I would bundle it, but CKAN and bundling other mods is a no-no (for very good reason)

Now, I suspect your answer will be "no, list it as a recommendation instead" which is fine, but AFAIK CKAN doesn't autoselect recommendations if the mod is already installed (correct me if I'm wrong about that).

Edited by severedsolo

22 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

If I want CKAN to install a mod as a dependency, but the mod doesn't actually depend on it, would you guys allow that?

4 mods already depend on KSP-AVC, which I think is an example of the same thing; nobody really needs KSP-AVC, but a mod author might consider it important to install anyway.

I want to make dang sure that my users read the changelog, and this mod seems like a great way to enforce that

Personally I find that pretty convincing.

Is that something you'd allow?

I don't know if there's an explicit rule here; the spec defines "depends" as "A list of mods which are required for the current mod to operate. This mods must be installed along with the current mod being installed." This leaves some room for interpretation; if your change logs regularly include info that could affect whether the mod operates correctly, I would tend to think that qualifies.

Maybe we can try it out with your mod as a sort of pilot and see how it goes?

I'm running into an issue in trying to update several mods through CKAN right now. I keep getting an error stating that the file CopyEventsPropagator.cfg in B9PartSwitch can't be overwritten because I've manually installed another mod that has written to that file and CKAN will not overwrite manually installed files. The issue, however, is that I've been through my very short list of non-CKAN mods and absolutely none of them have touched this file at all. As a result, I'm unable to update something like 20 mods because I am constantly getting this error and I'm at a loss as to how to resolve the issue because I don't actually have an offending mod to uninstall to allow the others to go forward. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.