politas

CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.25.4 - Kennedy

Posted (edited)

Cannot remove mod from ckan!  Pulling hair out in frustration!!!

I installed Advanced Fly By Wire in my 1.5.1.2335 install and it has hotkeys that are conflicting with another mod.

When I try to uncheck it and apply ckan crashes!  I tried manually removing the mod from the gamedata folder but when I run ckan again it magically is installed in game even though it is no long in the gamedata folder??????? and it continues to conflict with other mod hotkeys!!!!

Can someone please tell me what I have to do to make this damn mod go away????  I have 93 mods installed and I am 1/2 of the way through a hardcore career game and do not want to have to start all over because I cannot get this one mod out of my game!!!!!

1.  I removed the mod from the gamedata folder ... still somehow is installed when I start ckan even though it is no longer in the gamedata folder??

2. renames the module manager cache ... still gets installed in the game

3. tried renaming ckan/jason file ... It does no longer show as installed but now all 93 of my other mods show as AD so I reverted

4. tried uninstalling and reinstalling 6 or 7 other randomly picked mods and they uninstall and reinstall just fine so it is something about just this one damn mod!!!

Seriously, ready to take a sledge hammer to the damn computer I am so frustrated!!!!  Seriously I am as upset at CKAN as the mod itself!  Why is it so hard to manually remove a single mod from CKAN???  Why is it somehow magically still getting installed even though the damn mod is no longer even in the gamedata folder?  I have blown half a day and my mind trying to get this one thing out of my game!!!!

Here is the error I get trying to uncheck it from ckan ...

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count
   at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.<>c__DisplayClass34_0.<AddParentDirectories>b__1(String dir)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__17`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.UnionWith(IEnumerable`1 other)
   at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddParentDirectories(HashSet`1 directories)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Uninstall(String modName)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.UninstallList(IEnumerable`1 mods)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.24.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.24.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/MyGames/KSP/ctbram%20ksp/ckan.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by ctbram

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

Cannot remove mod from ckan!  Pulling hair out in frustration!!!

I installed Advanced Fly By Wire in my 1.5.1.2335 install and it has hotkeys that are conflicting with another mod.

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

I tried manually removing the mod from the gamedata folder but when I run ckan again it magically is installed in game even though it is no long in the gamedata folder??????? and it continues to conflict with other mod hotkeys!!!!

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

4. tried uninstalling and reinstalling 6 or 7 other randomly picked mods and they uninstall and reinstall just fine so it is something about just this one damn mod!!!

This mod installs several files outside of GameData, in the root of the game folder:

• SDL2.dll
  • SDL_LICENSE
  • XINPUTDOTNET_LICENSE
  • XInputInterface.dll

I'm guessing one of those is causing your problem. You may wish to try deleting them.

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

When I try to uncheck it and apply ckan crashes!

This is the strange part that I'd like to try to fix if you're willing to collaborate. I tried installing and uninstalling it, and I didn't get a crash. We'll need a few more details to investigate, so please stop by here if you can:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

The stack trace and the name of the mod are good clues, but they don't quite explain why you're getting a crash.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For some reason it freezes everytime I open . it any clue why?

Edited by Snark
Fixed some formatting for you. ;-)

On 1/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, HebaruSan said:

This mod installs several files outside of GameData, in the root of the game folder:

• SDL2.dll
  • SDL_LICENSE
  • XINPUTDOTNET_LICENSE
  • XInputInterface.dll

I'm guessing one of those is causing your problem. You may wish to try deleting them.

This is the strange part that I'd like to try to fix if you're willing to collaborate. I tried installing and uninstalling it, and I didn't get a crash. We'll need a few more details to investigate, so please stop by here if you can:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

The stack trace and the name of the mod are good clues, but they don't quite explain why you're getting a crash.

HebaruSan.  Glad to help if I can.  Will go to the site you likes and get you all I can.  

TY

Install from .ckan is not working for me.

I exported all my mods installed in 1.6 and used "install from .ckan" to install them in a fresh 1.6.1 install. 75% of the mods install fine but the rest are not installed. No error reports, nothing. I have set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 as compatible versions.

5 hours ago, Rime Pendragon said:

I exported all my mods installed in 1.6 and used "install from .ckan" to install them in a fresh 1.6.1 install. 75% of the mods install fine but the rest are not installed. No error reports, nothing. I have set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 as compatible versions.

Try reporting this at the bug tracker:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wildjwildj said:

Is this due to CKAN being under new management?

No. There was a new KSP release two days ago. 

On 1/10/2019 at 10:50 AM, Rime Pendragon said:

I also have the same problem since version 1.6. I have 333 mods on CKAN and I have many to add manually.

My compatible versions are from 1.6 to 1.0

30 minutes ago, Dux Aquila said:

I also have the same problem since version 1.6.

Yup, that issue was submitted, and we've got a plan for a fix for it.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2652

I have 333 mods on CKAN and I have many to add manually.

As a workaround till this is fixed, If you edit the .ckan file and change "recommends" to "depends", it should work.

Edited by HebaruSan
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Hopefully a 'Quick' question.

If I have a CKAN installed KSP on 1.4.5, do I just use the exported .CKAN file to load those mods into say 1.6?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

If I have a CKAN installed KSP on 1.4.5, do I just use the exported .CKAN file to load those mods into say 1.6?

That won't work in the current version of CKAN without some tweaking; see the post before yours.

• Like 1

Small question that was probably asked before;

Say I have some mods installed manually, or I had a bunch installed with CKAN, which was later deleted. I am installing CKAN again and want it to take over the management of already installed mods. How do I do this? CKAN sees the mods with "list", but GUI window remains empty when Filter(Installed). "Ckan.exe scan" does nothing. CKAN folder also has "history" with .ckan files in it, but nothing is picked up from there.

1 hour ago, Corovaneer said:

want it to take over the management of already installed mods

This doesn't exist currently; CKAN will only manage mods that it installed itself. The best thing is to start with a clean, fresh copy of the game and then use CKAN to install the mods you want.

There's some discussion of this here: