CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

@HebaruSan   CKAN is apparently reading the wrong file when creating the meta data for ComfortableLanding. 

The download size and hash doesn't match the actual file. 

I made an epoch update of the netkan to force it to create a new meta, but it still got the wrong file

Can you or anyone else on the CKAN team help?

It'sNOT my mod, I ran into this and then someone else, so I took a look

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I made an epoch update of the netkan to force it to create a new meta, but it still got the wrong file

Please don't add epochs willy-nilly. They're specifically for mods with non-sequential version numbers and will not fix any other issues.

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you or anyone else on the CKAN team help?

I'll take a look, but once the bot caches a SpaceDock mod, the only way to make it check for a replacement is to have @techman83 purge the download from the cache manually.

FYI, I went in and edited the meta data directly to fix this for now, but it needs to be researched and fixed for the future

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

Please don't add epochs willy-nilly. They're specifically for mods with non-sequential version numbers and will not fix any other issues.

I'll take a look, but once the bot caches a SpaceDock mod, the only way to make it check for a replacement is to have @techman83 purge the download from the cache manually.

Ok, would be nice if there were a few people who could do that.  

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I usually don't.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

FYI, I went in and edited the meta data directly to fix this for now, but it needs to be researched and fixed for the future

OK, but the bot will revert that change within 4 hours.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, would be nice if there were a few people who could do that.  

Agreed.

2 hours ago, chateaudav said:

Realistic atmospheres is updated for 1.4 but no changes in ckan. Mod author seems not to be aware that his mod is on ckan for 1.3.1 and so can't do anything. =)

It still says 1.2.2 and 1.3.1 on Curseforge:

Beqznfc.png

Bit of a daft question, I suspect, but I need to quit KSP before adding or updating mods, right?

I've been doing so in the few occasions that I added mid-game, but I wouldn't mind skipping the loading process. Because of all the mods... That CKAN gets me...

29 minutes ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Bit of a daft question, I suspect, but I need to quit KSP before adding or updating mods, right?

I've been doing so in the few occasions that I added mid-game, but I wouldn't mind skipping the loading process. Because of all the mods... That CKAN gets me...

Adding a mod with the game running would be harmless--but the mod wouldn't be picked up until you ran the game again.  Updating a mod with the game running would be a very bad idea.  Even if you didn't get file lock error during the copy you would be asking for it.

1 hour ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Adding a mod with the game running would be harmless--but the mod wouldn't be picked up until you ran the game again.  Updating a mod with the game running would be a very bad idea.  Even if you didn't get file lock error during the copy you would be asking for it.

So...Quit while you're ahead, huh?

As I suspected, thanks. 

On 6/11/2018 at 1:29 AM, HebaruSan said:

I can probably do that, too, though I'm not entirely sure where the relevant files are. I'll have a look when I get back from work.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:11 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@HebaruSan   CKAN is apparently reading the wrong file when creating the meta data for ComfortableLanding. 

The download size and hash doesn't match the actual file. 

Should be right, now.

Can anyone help me resolve my issue with downloading CKAN in the first place?  I never had this problem before, but now can't download it for the life of me. I get this error:  

github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com took too long to respond.  

Since there aren't any third-party hosts for this file, I am pretty much screwed in my attempts to download it...

26 minutes ago, tsaukn said:

Can anyone help me resolve my issue with downloading CKAN in the first place?  I never had this problem before, but now can't download it for the life of me. I get this error:  

github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com took too long to respond.  

Since there aren't any third-party hosts for this file, I am pretty much screwed in my attempts to download it...

Hmm, the server status is all green:

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Maybe try replacing your router?

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Hmm, the server status is all green:

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Maybe try replacing your router?

I have a designated modem/router from my ISP. I'm in Canada. 

I have no problem downloading the Source Code File as a Zip, but none of the other links on any of the versions work for some reason. 

Is it possible to get it working form it's source code?

32 minutes ago, tsaukn said:

I have a designated modem/router from my ISP. I'm in Canada. 

You might report the problem to your ISP in case the cause is somewhere in their equipment. All anyone involved with CKAN can do is confirm that the link works for them and check that the status page is all green.

32 minutes ago, tsaukn said:

I have no problem downloading the Source Code File as a Zip, but none of the other links on any of the versions work for some reason. 

Is it possible to get it working form it's source code?

Yes, but that can be difficult unless you're a developer.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Build-Environment

A "little" 'feature request:

It might exist, but I can't find any logs of when mods were installed.   People in the tech support forums frequently encounter glitches after installing a few mods, but they can't remember which ones were installed right before the glitch happened.   It'd be nice if we could see a chronological list of when CKAN installed mods to a user's game.  That way they could pull those recent mods first and see if a glitch is resolved.

Another "not so little" feature request:

Along the same vein, sometimes the only way to find a glitchy or conflicting mod is to pull half your mods, and then half again, etc etc, until you locate the offending mod.  It'd be really neat if CKAN had this option, where it let you mark mods, from the list of installed mods, to be removed in a bug hunt.   Everytime you clicked "next" it would pull out half the remaining mods.   Just a little automation to help out a tedious process.    And I fully understand if you guys have a collective "Oh heck no" to that request.  

8 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

It might exist, but I can't find any logs of when mods were installed.   People in the tech support forums frequently encounter glitches after installing a few mods, but they can't remember which ones were installed right before the glitch happened.   It'd be nice if we could see a chronological list of when CKAN installed mods to a user's game.  That way they could pull those recent mods first and see if a glitch is resolved.

There's no UI for this, but check the KSP/CKAN/history folder. There should be a timestamped .ckan file there for every mod set that you've had.

6 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

There's no UI for this, but check the KSP/CKAN/history folder. There should be a timestamped .ckan file there for every mod set that you've had.

If I'm reading this right, this is a time stamped file that contains your modlist, and the latest additions are appended on the bottom?

EDIT:  The more I dig, I'm seeing this is the case, this will do.   A GUI for this would be nice, but not really needed. 

Edited by Gargamel

17 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Along the same vein, sometimes the only way to find a glitchy or conflicting mod is to pull half your mods, and then half again, etc etc, until you locate the offending mod.  It'd be really neat if CKAN had this option, where it let you mark mods, from the list of installed mods, to be removed in a bug hunt.   Everytime you clicked "next" it would pull out half the remaining mods.   Just a little automation to help out a tedious process.    And I fully understand if you guys have a collective "Oh heck no" to that request.  

An extension of that would be, instead of a next, having two selections to distinguish between having the bug go away or not.

So, if you selected "issue still  present" CKAN would note that the removed mods aren't the problem and move on to the ones not removed while selecting "issue gone" would mark the unremoved modes as fine and put half of the removed ones back.