CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

14 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Something changed in Mono 5.14 that crashes the drawing code when CKAN hides a TabControl's active tab:

Thanks mate, I downgraded my Mono to 5.10 and that worked perfectly.

For anyone else who has this problem this is what I did:

1) I edited /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list and replaced the line in there with:

deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/ubuntu stable-bionic/snapshots/5.10.1.20 main

(your repo may vary, this was what it was for mine)

2) Removed Mono using apt-get remove mono-runtime

3) ran apt-get update (it complained that it wouldn't be able to update the repo, just ignore that)

4) Reinstalled Mono with apt-get install mono-runtime

5) Reinstalled CKAN because it got removed when the dependency was removed.

Eh voila, working properly.

Edited by severedsolo

Download the ckan.exe from the link in the First post in this thread. (The first post is also known as the OP or Original Post)

The link is labeled "-= Download the latest release =- "

On the web page the link takes you to, download the "ckan.exe"

Put the ckan.exe file in your KSP game folder.  ( c:programs/KSP_win64/ or where every you have installed it. I installed mine in C:Games/KSP 1.4.5/ IF you got the game from Steam you may have some other path. I dont use Steam so could not tell you what it might be.)

Launch ckan.  (I cant recall if you need to press the Refresh button the first time you run it for it to load all KSP mods. or if it will do that automatically the first time)

EDIT: Strongly recommend whether your using Steam or not to make a COPY of your origional KSP game folder, and play all your games in the COPY. ie:

C:Games/KSP_win64

C:Games/KSP_win64 Copy  - which you might rename to KSP-1.4.5 Play (modded)

This way if you are using Steam, an update to the game wont modify it and possibly break something when it invalidates some mods your using. Or if you screw something up in your downloaded mods and it breaks something cause of incompatibilities between mods (which CKAN should prevent from happening) you can just delete the whole thing and make a new copy of the KSP origional game folder again and start over.

Edited by BlackHat

CKAN Client v1.25.3 "Woomera" is released!

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e77696b696d

Changes since 1.25.2

Features

• [GUI] Replace New in repository filter with Newly compatible filter (#2494 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: Olympic1, politas)
  • [GUI] Add Install Date column to GUI mod list (#2514 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: politas)

Bugfixes

• [Multiple] Fix crash when initializing CKAN dirs at argumentless GUI startup (#2482 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: politas)
  • [Core] Allow installing modules without download_size (#2491 by: HebaruSan)
  • [Multiple] Fix GUIMod crash when module doesn't have a compatible game version (#2486 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: cculianu, politas)
  • [Core] Fix crash on invalid portable or Steam folder (#2506 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: politas)
  • [GUI] Fix red X on HideTab (#2501 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: politas)
  • [Core] Set default Exception.Message string for ModuleNotFoundKraken (#2493 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: politas)
  • [Core] Fix missing CdFileMgr folder errors (#2492 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: politas)

Notes

• You don't need to download AutoUpdate.exe. This is used internally by CKAN when a new version is released.
  • Windows users must have .NET 4.5 installed. SImply download the ckan.exe file and either store it in your game directory or somewhere in your filesystem that you have non-admin write access. Never run the CKAN client as Administrator!
  • libcurl is no longer used by CKAN for Linux or Mac. If you experience problems downloading, please contact us
  • Mac/Linux/Mono users: please use the new cert-sync tool, to update mono's certificate store.
  • Mac Users: You should only need to download and install the CKAN.dmg
  • The .deb file is for automated installation on Debian-based Linux distributions - Use dpkg-install/apt-get/apt to install the .deb file and you will then be able to run CKAN with just ckan instead of mono ckan.exe. All required libraries should be pulled in as dependencies.
  • This release of the CKAN has not been tested on Mono releases prior to 5.0.1. We highly recommend upgrading to the latest stable release of Mono from mono-project.com You will need the equivalent of the mono-complete package for your OS.

News and appreciation

• This release is all down to @HebaruSan, so keep heaping the praise and admiration on his worthy frame!

Release image public domain, courtesy NASA

I hate to be a pest, but there's something a little fishy about the download progress calculation... -868352000 is a rather... unusual percentage. :huh:
CKAN1.png
Also horrible fonts and colours, hence it's a little difficult to see the text in question... but that'll be mono being mono, as usual. :rolleyes:

Edited by steve_v
No bugger is going to be able to read the image with those colours...

8 hours ago, steve_v said:

I hate to be a pest, but there's something a little fishy about the download progress calculation... -868352000 is a rather... unusual percentage. :huh:

Tracked here (probably same issue): https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2508

I suspect this has to do with how we fall back to archive.org downloads for OSS mods after a primary URL fails. WebClient may not be prepared for a download to start in response to a failure. If you see this again and are able to react in time, confirmation of the remote host with netstat would be appreciated.

Also horrible fonts and colours, hence it's a little difficult to see the text in question... but that'll be mono being mono, as usual. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps "Gentoo being Gentoo," since Mono isn't what sets your system apart from others not having that issue.

Edited by HebaruSan

On 8/13/2018 at 6:22 PM, Poodmund said:

If I have a mod that requires a dependency, but there are more than one mod that can fulfill this dependency, but they conflict with each other, how is it best to set up the relationship for this in the NetKAN file?

To be more specific, my Skyboxes require either Sigma Replacements Skybox, Texture Replacer Replaced or Texture Replacer but TRR and TR pose a conflict situation. SR:S doesn't conflict with TRR or TR but the user doesn't necessarily need to install both... but can do.

I haven't publically updated my mods yet to have this dependency interopability but do have it working locally and am musing as to how to approach this on the NetKAN side of things.

Sorry for the late reply; there's no great solution here. We could kludge something with "provides" properties, but that's a bit dubious because those mods aren't truly interchangeable in the way that, say, AVP-2kTextures, AVP-4kTextures, and AVP-8kTextures are.

The easiest option is to pick the one you like best and make it a regular dependency (which unfortunately squanders the effort you put into making your mod more flexible). Another option is to make one of them a recommendation and make the others suggestions, so a naïve user would get your recommendation by default and an expert user could de-select it and pick something else (this was what I did for my ScottManleyHeadPack release).

If those options don't work, it may be worth filing an issue on GitHub. I could imagine something like this:

"depends": [
    { "any_of": [
        { "name": "TextureReplacer"         },
        { "name": "TextureReplacerReplaced" }
    ] }
]

However, that would be a higher complexity project since it would require updating the spec and some invasive work with the relationship resolver.

7 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Or perhaps "Gentoo being Gentoo," since Mono isn't what sets your system apart from others not having that issue.

Again: This is upstream mono, no distro patches. If it's broken, gentoo didn't do it. Didn't fix it either, but why should it?

4 hours ago, steve_v said:

Again: This is upstream mono, no distro patches. If it's broken, gentoo didn't do it. Didn't fix it either, but why should it?

Browsing some old Linux support tickets, I see users on Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Arch, Fedora, Solus, NixOS, Slackware, and at least three other users also on Gentoo.

One user is reporting a problem with fonts. To me that means we can rule out possible causes that are in common with those other users: CKAN, Mono, even Gentoo.

Again: I can't debug your system for you. If you don't want to investigate your own issues that only happen for you, maybe consider using a different distro?

Edited by HebaruSan

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

I can't debug your system for you. If you don't want to investigate your own issues that only happen for you, maybe consider using a different distro?

Everything on my system works fine and respects system fonts and colours regardless of UI toolkit - except for mono applications, which use some horrible defaults. As I have done nothing strange to mono, I can only conclude that it's mono being strange. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you don't want to use a toolkit that doesn't suck, what am I to do, apply all the Debian patches and hope that fixes it?

On the other hand, upgrading to mono 5.14 (and no other changes) did fix the crashing file dialog, so you might imagine where the "mono being mono" attitude comes from.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

maybe consider using a different distro?

Run another distro just for CKAN? You have to be joking.

Edited by steve_v

Yes, libgdiplus is compiled with cairo. Cheers for th suggestion though.

Think I'll stick with "toolkit sucks" until I see some evidence to the contrary TBH. The most charitable thing I can say for mono+winforms is: It gets something on the screen, most of the time. Sometimes it even looks half-way presentable.

Please excuse the formatting, this editor is garbage on mobile.

48 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Since Nertea doesn't support CKAN, is there a way to get his latest addition to the Near Future mods onto CKAN

On the technical side it's quite feasible, but I like to get permission from authors before indexing new mods. I don't know whether Nertea would object ("support" can mean many different things), but this one bundles KerbalActuators by Angel-125, who is on the "do not index" list, so it might be "no" this time around.

11 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

On the technical side it's quite feasible, but I like to get permission from authors before indexing new mods. I don't know whether Nertea would object ("support" can mean many different things), but this one bundles KerbalActuators by Angel-125, who is on the "do not index" list, so it might be "no" this time around.

Fair enough.  Although disappointed, I support the mod author being able to chose and your honouring that decision.

21 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks for sharing that link to the Master branch "do not index" list.  The wiki article "Adding a mod to the CKAN" has a link to a "do not index" list of one of the side trees, which compared to the Master branch list isn't up to date.

31 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Thanks for sharing that link to the Master branch "do not index" list.  The wiki article "Adding a mod to the CKAN" has a link to a "do not index" list of one of the side trees, which compared to the Master branch list isn't up to date.

Thanks for the FYI, that page was linking to an older copy of the same file. It should be current now.

Not quiet sure if I have to report it here or in one of the mod threads but when I try to install EVE and SVE, CKAN will list 'EVE default config' as a recommend mod. SVE does not allow EVE default configs and CKAN will report an error if you try it anyway, so if it is possible, the configs shouldn't be listed as recommend.