CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

Okay @Jognt and @Tekaoh, I don't think you will get anywhere with this discussion.
If there's still a need to discuss this please do that somewhere else. At this point it has nothing to do with CKAN anymore, and just adds noise to this thread and spams everyone following it.

Thanks.

Edited by DasSkelett

17 hours ago, traisjames said:

I just got CKAN for my mac...already have 100+ mods.  Is there a way to give CKAN permission to make changes to my mods already installed?

In short, unfortunately not.

If you want a long read about why it is not possible yet, take a look at #949. It is planned for a long time, but really not easy to implement.
For now, you have to delete the manually installed mod files/folders first, and download + install the mods via CKAN afterwards.
Do only a few at a time, starting with dependencies, then the dependents, to make sure you got every mod and that everything works.

Edited by DasSkelett

Good morning Ladies, Gentlemen and little Green people,

Got a quick question (I am probably doing something wrong).

Currently I run 2 KSP instances, 1 with breaking ground and 1 without. Now I can select the instance which i want to control in CKAN. However there is a tickbox there for setting an instance to default. But for the life of me i can't get it to work.

I tick the box and select the desired instance, CKAN loads again but after a restart the other instance is still the default one. 

Am i missing something here?

Thnx in advance!

3 hours ago, Fluffsel said:

Currently I run 2 KSP instances, 1 with breaking ground and 1 without. Now I can select the instance which i want to control in CKAN. However there is a tickbox there for setting an instance to default. But for the life of me i can't get it to work.

I tick the box and select the desired instance, CKAN loads again but after a restart the other instance is still the default one.

Hey!

The instance managing dialog is a bit tricky. It sets the default instance when you click the 'Select' button.
This means that you have to highlight the instance that should be the default one, mark the checkbox, and then click 'Select'.
CKAN now reloads the modlist and stuff.

Problem is, if you now want to change to the other, non-default instance and open the dialog, the 'default instance' is reset to none. So when you restart CKAN now, the window opens at startup and wants you to select an instance to work with, because it "forgot" which one is the default.

We should change the logic of the dialog to set the default instance when checking the checkbox (not when clicking the button), and to not reset it every time you open it.
I'll look at that the next days.

For now you have to do some switch-around :/

3 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Hey!

The instance managing dialog is a bit tricky. It sets the default instance when you click the 'Select' button.
This means that you have to highlight the instance that should be the default one, mark the checkbox, and then click 'Select'.
CKAN now reloads the modlist and stuff.

Problem is, if you now want to change to the other, non-default instance and open the dialog, the 'default instance' is reset to none. So when you restart CKAN now, the window opens at startup and wants you to select an instance to work with, because it "forgot" which one is the default.

We should change the logic of the dialog to set the default instance when checking the checkbox (not when clicking the button), and to not reset it every time you open it.
I'll look at that the next days.

For now you have to do some switch-around :/

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I will continue with the Ole' switcharoo then ;)

ALL CLEAR: SpaceDock notifications are fixed!

You may have heard that there was a problem with SpaceDock notifying CKAN of changes. In fact, there were two such problems.

First, there's a web hook that fires when a new release of an existing mod is uploaded to SpaceDock, which CKAN uses to immediately index that mod. That broke when CKAN's domain switched from ksp-ckan.org to ksp-ckan.space in November, and was fixed with a configuration update about two weeks ago when SpaceDock migrated to a new server.

Second, the Add to CKAN button when editing a mod is supposed to create a pull request in the NetKAN repo. This was broken about a year ago when GitHub decided that SpaceDock's Space-Duck user was suspicious and flagged it, which hid that user and all of the pull requests it had created or would create. That flagging was reverted today, and 125 old pull requests reappeared like magic!

A big thanks to @VITAS for taking care of these issues!

I released an update to PAWS about 20 hours ago, and was surprised to find that CKAN hadn't indexed it this morning.

http://status.ksp-ckan.space/ does indeed show that the bot tried to index it 20 hours ago, but when I check CKAN-meta I see that you still only have PAWS 1.1.0.1. rather than 1.2.

Haven't done anything different on my end for this release, and 1.2 is a higher release number than 1.1.0.1

(FYI you might want to look at Trajectories too, I've been getting a notification from AVC for about 2 days that there is an update available, but nothing's come through on CKAN).

Edited by severedsolo

23 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

I released an update to PAWS about 20 hours ago, and was surprised to find that CKAN hadn't indexed it this morning.

http://status.ksp-ckan.space/ does indeed show that the bot tried to index it 20 hours ago, but when I check CKAN-meta I see that you still only have PAWS 1.1.0.1. rather than 1.2.

Haven't done anything different on my end for this release, and 1.2 is a higher release number than 1.1.0.1

(FYI you might want to look at Trajectories too, I've been getting a notification from AVC for about 2 days that there is an update available, but nothing's come through on CKAN).

Thanks for letting us know, we'll take a look.  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7261

22 hours ago, severedsolo said:

This one is now indexed. To summarize the issue, the CKAN bot was using more CPU time than it was entitled to, so it was being stopped mid-job. To work around this in the short term, the bot will now run every 6 hours instead of every 4, and for the long term we are discussing options for re-architecting the bot to make this aspect of it more reliable.  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2789

22 hours ago, severedsolo said:

This one is because that new release isn't uploaded to SpaceDock yet.

https://spacedock.info/mod/396/Trajectories

Hi,

I'm using Linux with the i3 window manager. It is configured not to use window title bars because I don't need them very often. Especially for full-screen windows.

In CKAN the actual used KSP instance is only shown in the title bar of the window so not for me.

Is it possible to show these in the status line e.g.?

Thanks

Alex

Edited by AlexO

1 hour ago, AlexO said:

Hi,

I'm using Linux with the i3 window manager. It is configured not to use window title bars because I don't need them very often.

In CKAN the actual used KSP instance is only shown in the title bar of the window so not for me.

Is it possible to show these in the status line e.g.?

Thanks

Alex

That sounds reasonable and doable. Right now the status bar is hidden at startup and only shown once there is something to show, error messages, info messages or the like.
I can't find the PR where it was done right now to see what's the reasoning behind it, but probably design choices.

But if we put the current instance name and path there, it wouldn't be empty any more most of the time.

I'll open a feature request on GitHub to gather some opinions from the team. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: request created, if you want to add something, feel free to comment there and participate in the discussion @AlexO!

Edited by DasSkelett

Simple question/request to feel out possibility (if it's reasonable, I'm happy to fill out a full git request). Does ckan track a mod's "last updated" date, and if so, is it possible to add that as a sortable column in the main mod list?

1 hour ago, Jarin said:

Does ckan track a mod's "last updated" date,

No. This has been requested before:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1155

And attempted:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/1773

And abandoned due to technical difficulties. (A naïve implementation would mark the last-updated date of every mod as "right now" every time the bot runs.)

1 hour ago, Jarin said:

and if so, is it possible to add that as a sortable column in the main mod list?

Once we finish rewriting the bot, I'll be looking for ways to do it. I have some ideas but it's too early to say whether they'll work.

There appears to be another problem with CKAN KSPIE. People are reporting  that only  KSPIE 1.21.11.0 for KSP 1.3.1 is available but KSPIE 1.21.11.4 for KSP 1.7.2 is not. CKAN acceses KSPIE though KSPIE spacedock hosting.

Notice the only thing I did different this time is that I created the KSPIE 1.21.11.4 before I created 1..21.11.0. Still I uploaded them in the order of version. But perhaps CKAN doesn't care and simply looks to the data of the zip file to determine chonological order?

Edited by FreeThinker

8 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

There appears to be another problem with CKAN KSPIE. People are reporting  that only  KSPIE 1.21.11.0 for KSP 1.3.1 is available but KSPIE 1.21.11.4 for KSP 1.7.2 is not. CKAN acceses KSPIE though KSPIE spacedock hosting.

Thanks for the note and sorry for the disruption. The indexer logic has been undergoing some large changes and had a bug for a few hours that blocked modules that are only compatible with game versions after 1.4.5, and I think you got burned by that. I'll do a catch-up pull request when it's stable, probably in a few hours.

Hi all i ma new to KSP and i keep CKAn in post as a must have but every time i click a link to take me to CKAN it sends me to a 404 page. where do i find the latest version  and if on git hub maybe some instructions on how to dl?I as i can never manage github at all. (total NOOB here, Sorry) Thanks in advance.