CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

1 hour ago, Kobymaru said:

Is there a way on the mod-side to declare certain generated files that are "OK to remove"?

Or possibly even something like the difference between "apt-get remove" and "apt-get purge" in Debian, where the former leaves configuration files and the latter removes those too?

The easiest way for a mod author to force a file to be deleted by CKAN is to include a dummy blank file in the distribution. I think an "apt purge" equivalent would require mod authors to meet CKAN specifications in a way that I just don't see happening, or significant levels of effort by CKAN metadata maintainers beyond "does this put all the included files in the right places".

Edited by politas

3 hours ago, politas said:

The easiest way for a mod author to force a file to be deleted by CKAN is to include a dummy blank file in the distribution.

Seems sensible.

3 hours ago, politas said:

I think an "apt purge" equivalent would require mod authors to meet CKAN specifications in a way that I just don't see happening, or significant levels of effort by CKAN metadata maintainers beyond "does this put all the included files in the right places".

Fair enough. But assuming certain authors would meet these CKAN specifications, would the CKAN  of today be able to do that, or is that something that would need to be implemented first?

Any chance that CKAN could have a setting on where the cache is stored? I have multiple installations of KSP, each in their own KSP folder. It would be handy to have a single cache location that could be shared between each of these installations to save downloading every mod that is the same across different installs.

Thanks

On 2017-7-2 at 10:45 AM, strudo76 said:

Any chance that CKAN could have a setting on where the cache is stored? I have multiple installations of KSP, each in their own KSP folder. It would be handy to have a single cache location that could be shared between each of these installations to save downloading every mod that is the same across different installs.

Thanks

That feature is being worked on. In the meantime, you can get the same result by replacing the "downloads" folder in each KSP instance's CKAN directory a symlink to a single shared location.

If possible, could a feature be implemented that keeps a record of what mods have been added to your client when CKAN last updated its repository?

It would be nice to be able to see what mods have become available since the last time I looked through the list.

Perhaps a button to sort by "Newly Updated"?

Edited by Shalnan
Grammatical Error

I've been trying to do some updates and I'm getting quite annoyed with CKAN.

Several times it has squawked about refusing to overwrite a file.  In most cases I can see no reason it should be complaining but it's easy enough to work around.  The CKAN crash and hang every time it happens is getting tiring, though!

Also, I have some mods where the mod authors apparently messed up with the versions, apparently demanding a mod (but it's not listed in the dependencies!) that is incompatible with my KSP version.  Again, this crashes and hangs CKAN.

@blowfish Thanks for the news. :) I hope it's fixed.

For me CKAN is great. Sometimes i have to make the updates in safe mode but all is fine. I wonder if it will be possible to synchronize updates on CKAN and on KSP-AVC (which is "faster").

Updates to do : CryoEngines 0.5.5 ; NearFutureSpacecraft 0.4.4 ; KerbalAtomics 0.4.5    I think that's all Nertea mods (greats ones !!)
Add to do : Near Future Launch Vehicles

Edited by chateaudav
Add one request

Looks like somebody's tried to fix the SVE issues, but I still can't install it. A new mod, called simply Stock Visual Enhancements appeared on the list but when I select it, the Apply Changes button is still disabled. If I select SVE-High/Medium/Low Resolution, this new mod's line gets red (or is it dark gray?) background. And still, the Apply Changes button is disabled.

6 hours ago, garwel said:

Looks like somebody's tried to fix the SVE issues, but I still can't install it. A new mod, called simply Stock Visual Enhancements appeared on the list but when I select it, the Apply Changes button is still disabled. If I select SVE-High/Medium/Low Resolution, this new mod's line gets red (or is it dark gray?) background. And still, the Apply Changes button is disabled.

Could this be the same issue I reported three posts  above this one?

Nertea has released a new part of Near Future, any chance someone could take a look at adding it to ckan please.

NF launch Vehicles

Also (i know it's been mentioned) but SVE is now showing on ckan but you can't install it.

How can i fix this? Please guys and gals help an idiot out <3 ?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MakeFirstDisplayedCellCurrentCell(Boolean includeNewRow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowCollectionChanged_PostNotification(Boolean recreateNewRow, Boolean allowSettingCurrentCell, CollectionChangeAction cca, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange(DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated)
   at CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated()
   at CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.22.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.22.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/likes_000/Downloads/ckan%20(4).exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Puppy_The_Pup

I have recently installed a second copy of ksp 1.2.2. I have 1 copy already installed and modded, and this new install will be for using more mods (the other one is mostly stock+some part mods). How do I tell CKAN to install mods to this new copy, or do I need to install a second CKAN plugin as well? I'm fine with the second approach but I was just wondering if the first one is possible.

3 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I have recently installed a second copy of ksp 1.2.2. I have 1 copy already installed and modded, and this new install will be for using more mods (the other one is mostly stock+some part mods). How do I tell CKAN to install mods to this new copy, or do I need to install a second CKAN plugin as well? I'm fine with the second approach but I was just wondering if the first one is possible.

File → Select KSP Install... → Add New → Select the folder

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

do I select the main folder? I am unsure which folder to select. :(. I am not very good at computer files.

Yup, just pick whatever folder you unpacked it into. Here's what mine looks like for comparison (minus my steam install for anonymity's sake).

8VlBCyR.png

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

Yup, just pick whatever folder you unpacked it into. Here's what mine looks like for comparison (minus my steam install for anonymity's sake).

8VlBCyR.png

do I have to go into any of the game data files or anything? I have it downloaded directly into my downloads folder as ksp-1.2.2-copy. Minus the -copy in the name my files should be the same (I deleted all the other mods on this copy).

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

do I have to go into any of the game data files or anything? I have it downloaded directly into my downloads folder as ksp-1.2.2-copy. Minus the -copy in the name my files should be the same (I deleted all the other mods on this copy).

No, just pick the main folder, the ksp-1.2.2-copy.

Be brave and try it; if it doesn't work, you'll get some errors and you can try again. :)

4 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

No, just pick the main folder, the ksp-1.2.2-copy.

Be brave and try it; if it doesn't work, you'll get some errors and you can try again. :)

When I  click on the main folder and click open, it brings the folder on the inside :(. when I click open on that, it brings me to the list of folders inside that. ect ect.

3 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

When I  click on the main folder and click open, it brings the folder on the inside :(. when I click open on that, it brings me to the list of folders inside that. ect ect.

Sorry; apparently it wants you to "open" the buildID.txt file. (That's what I get for trying to give the GUI steps for something I normally do from the command line.)

EeENxk4.png