CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

On 7/20/2017 at 2:42 PM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Yes it is there.

EDIT: right got it now. You mean  "depends": ?

This netkan not maintained by anyone. So if the folder structure changed. It will not be noticed by anyone and will not work with the current netkan. So manual install from now on till a fix comes along. I did take the liberty to post your repot to github. So at least it is on the "to do" list.

EDIT: I have not looked at this in a very long time but depending on health of the SpaceDock API. Changes may get picked up later but it still needs nurturing.

Yep, I meant in the "depends" field.

A direct download of ResearchBodies from SpaceDock has the right folder structure, so I'm curious why CKAN is installing it incorrectly. Nothing in its NetKAN file says to install to a specific folder, so I assumed CKAN would be able to install the correct folder structure by default. Thanks for putting it on the to-do list.

Dear CKAN maintainers including @politas,

I have marked Trajectories compatible with every KSP version up to 1.3.99. I have done this in the Trajectories.version file inside the zip file, on http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/ and on spacedock.

Yet, this is how CKAN shows it:

bWXOKds.png

It says Max KSP version 1.2.2, when I marked it as being 1.3.99-compatible everywhere. What's going on?

Could I convince someone to have a look at this exception I'm getting when I start up CKAN? I don't think CKAN is the root issue, but it might be useful to know exactly what problem it's having.

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MakeFirstDisplayedCellCurrentCell(Boolean includeNewRow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowCollectionChanged_PostNotification(Boolean recreateNewRow, Boolean allowSettingCurrentCell, CollectionChangeAction cca, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange(DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated)
   at CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated()
   at CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2101.1 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.22.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.22.3
    CodeBase: file:///E:/User%20Files/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1647.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1647.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2101.1 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I seem to have trouble installing it. I run Ckan and I click new path to tell it were to install it. It pulls open a folder and I navigate to My ksp folder. The problem is there is no accept button only an open button and I'm not sure what I'm doing anymore. Do I need to create a ckan folder in side the KSP folder? If so I tried that and it doesn't work still.

On 28/07/2017 at 4:30 AM, Kobymaru said:

Dear CKAN maintainers including @politas,

I have marked Trajectories compatible with every KSP version up to 1.3.99. I have done this in the Trajectories.version file inside the zip file, on http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/ and on spacedock.

Yet, this is how CKAN shows it:

bWXOKds.png

It says Max KSP version 1.2.2, when I marked it as being 1.3.99-compatible everywhere. What's going on?

Hi Kobymaru, sorry about that. The Netkan robot hasn't been looking at your AVC data. Fixing that now.

On 29/07/2017 at 3:32 AM, Phoenix Nebula said:

I seem to have trouble installing it. I run Ckan and I click new path to tell it were to install it. It pulls open a folder and I navigate to My ksp folder. The problem is there is no accept button only an open button and I'm not sure what I'm doing anymore. Do I need to create a ckan folder in side the KSP folder? If so I tried that and it doesn't work still.

The file you download is not an installer; it's the program. The prompt you are getting is asking you to tell CKAN where your KSP installation is.

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Nebula said:

I must be stupid because I still don't understand. So I need to download the installer then? If so were can I download it because I can only find a link to download the program.

No, you're not stupid.  It took me a bit to figure it out as well.  Ok...well, maybe we're both on the wrong side of the bell curve :confused:

There is no installer.  What you are correctly downloading is the CKAN program itself.  Put it in a convenient place.  I put mine in root directory of all my separate KSP versions (i.e. KSP v1.22 and several KSP 1.3 each with a different mod set).  Then, when you start CKAN, it needs to know where your KSP installs are.  You accomplish this in CKAN by going to File > Select KSP install...Add new, navigating to the appropriate KSP directory and selecting the buildID or buildID64 text file (depending on which version of the game your running, 32 or 64-bit).

I think it's the last step that confuses some people.

36 minutes ago, Phoenix Nebula said:

Okay now I have a new problem. For some reason Ckan won't let me update any mods and it stopped letting me add or remove mods.

Glad you have got this far; well done.  You can have multiple versions of KSP "installed" for various reasons - different versions of the game, different mod combinations, etc. All you have to do is copy the KSP directory as many times as you like and tailor each one.  CKAN can update each KSP install separately and can limit the mods you can install in the game by compatible KSP version.

What might be happening is you are trying to download mods that are not compatible with your version of KSP.

Do you have only 1 KSP install and if so what version is it?  What version of KSP mods are you permitting in CKAN?  To figure this out, in CKAN go to Settings > Compatible KSP versions and ensure that you've matched your KSP version with the versions of the mods in which you're interested.  CKAN can prevent you from installing mods made for KSP v1.2 in a KSP v1.3 install, and vice versa, depending on your compatibility selections.

I hope that's clear enough :confused:

On 26/07/2017 at 10:33 PM, ev0 said:

Yep, I meant in the "depends" field.

A direct download of ResearchBodies from SpaceDock has the right folder structure, so I'm curious why CKAN is installing it incorrectly. Nothing in its NetKAN file says to install to a specific folder, so I assumed CKAN would be able to install the correct folder structure by default. Thanks for putting it on the to-do list.

Your right there is nothing in its NetKAN file says to install to a specific folder. That was ok up to this point as the default behaviour is to place it in a folder with same name as the mod. Things have changed. Since the mod has been adopted by another author and moved in Gamedata. To the same folder as all the other mods they maintain.

So install path has changed and is not the same as the mods name. Spacedock assumed ResearchBodies goes in the ResearchBodies folder. Which is now wrong. The NetKan will automatically pick up changes to Spacedock files but if folders get moved it needs to know about this through a manual NetKan update. The non-default install path needs added. After this done in the whole thing will carry on with automatic updates through spacedock.

Could someone take a look at

It's been updated for 1.3 now, but ckan isn't listing the new version yet.

Thanks

Edit: Oh and its dependant on:

now instead of the original version, which isn't listed at all

Edited by Torih

It's about time I learn to add things to CKAN. So @linuxgurugamer how does this look? This mod in particular has mutually exclusive options.

Spoiler

{
"spec_version"   : 1,
    "name"           : "Sunflares Of Maar - Stock Pack",
    "abstract"       : "The next generation of sunflare",
    "identifier"     : "SunflaresOfMaar",
    "$kref"          : "#/ckan/spacedock/1460",
    "license"        : "CC-BY-NC-ND",
    "version"        : "1.01",
    "release_status" : "stable",
    "ksp_version"    : "1.3",
    "resources" : {
        "homepage"     : "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/162775-10-sunflares-of-maar-stock-pack/",
    },
	"install" : [
        {
            "file"       : "UrsaMinor/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "install_to" : "GameData"
            "comment"    : "The Ursa Minor sunflare, fit for RSS games"
        }
		{
            "file"       : "Phi/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Phi sunflare fit for fantasy/sci-fi games"
        }
		{
            "file"       : "Canaan/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Canaan sunflare, fit for RSS games"
        }
		{
            "file"       : "Primus/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Primus sunflare, fit for RSS games"
        }
		{
            "file"       : "Isk/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Isk sunflare, fit for fantasy/sci-fi games"
        }
    ],
    "depends" : [
        { "name" : "scatterer", "min_version" : "0.0320" },
    ],
}

Edited by JadeOfMaar
paging linux

On 09/08/2017 at 2:52 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

It's about time I learn to add things to CKAN. So @linuxgurugamer how does this look? This mod in particular has mutually exclusive options.

Hide contents

{
"spec_version"   : 1,
    "name"           : "Sunflares Of Maar - Stock Pack",
    "abstract"       : "The next generation of sunflare",
    "identifier"     : "SunflaresOfMaar",
    "$kref"          : "#/ckan/spacedock/1460",
    "license"        : "CC-BY-NC-ND",
    "version"        : "1.01",
    "release_status" : "stable",
    "ksp_version"    : "1.3",
    "resources" : {
        "homepage"     : "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/162775-10-sunflares-of-maar-stock-pack/",
    },
	"install" : [
        {
            "file"       : "UrsaMinor/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Ursa Minor sunflare, fit for RSS games"
        }
		{
            "file"       : "Phi/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Phi sunflare fit for fantasy/sci-fi games"
        }
		{
            "file"       : "Canaan/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Canaan sunflare, fit for RSS games"
        }
		{
            "file"       : "Primus/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Primus sunflare, fit for RSS games"
        }
		{
            "file"       : "Isk/GameData/SunflaresOfMaar",
            "comment"    : "The Isk sunflare, fit for fantasy/sci-fi games"
        }
    ],
    "depends" : [
        { "name" : "scatterer", "min_version" : "0.0320" },
    ],
}

Thanks for getting involved! That's mostly pretty good, but it's going to install all of the mutually exclusive options at the same time. We'll need separate NetKAN entries for each option.

On 08/08/2017 at 4:54 AM, Torih said:

Could someone take a look atIt's been updated for 1.3 now, but ckan isn't listing the new version yet.

Thanks

Edit: Oh and its dependant on:

now instead of the original version, which isn't listed at all

The author of TRR has made it clear that they do not want TRR on CKAN yet. We will respect their wishes. There's not a huge point in updating WindowShine just to make it disappear from CKAN.

On 03/08/2017 at 11:20 PM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Your right there is nothing in its NetKAN file says to install to a specific folder. That was ok up to this point as the default behaviour is to place it in a folder with same name as the mod. Things have changed. Since the mod has been adopted by another author and moved in Gamedata. To the same folder as all the other mods they maintain.

So install path has changed and is not the same as the mods name. Spacedock assumed ResearchBodies goes in the ResearchBodies folder. Which is now wrong. The NetKan will automatically pick up changes to Spacedock files but if folders get moved it needs to know about this through a manual NetKan update. The non-default install path needs added. After this done in the whole thing will carry on with automatic updates through spacedock.

ResearchBodies should be right, now.

CKAN failed on me on fresh gentoo linux install with ssl error (Error: TrustFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)). CKAN helpfuly suggests to run mozroots but that does not help. Looks to me like it fell victim mozilla cutting off seamonkey. Anyway, what did help was to run update-ca-certificates (should not be needed, but gentoo CA package somehow missed this) and cert-sync --user /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt as user to push system root certs to mono.

This has probably been asked before, but does CKAN provide any method for preserving certain files during an upgrade?

I'm thinking in particular of settings or configuration files that users would want to keep. In my case these would always be in the PluginData folder, and would always be created after the mod is installed (the files aren't included in the download package).

There are a few issues related to this, including the oldest open issue, along with 653, and maybe 1610. But I'm not really sure about the status of the issue as a whole.

1 minute ago, DMagic said:

This has probably been asked before, but does CKAN provide any method for preserving certain files during an upgrade?

I'm thinking in particular of settings or configuration files that users would want to keep. In my case these would always be in the PluginData folder, and would always be created after the mod is installed (the files aren't included in the download package).

There are a few issues related to this, including the oldest open issue, along with 653, and maybe 1610. But I'm not really sure about the status of the issue as a whole.

If you don't include the file in the download and instead have it generated on runtime then it should stay (iirc). I'll test and edit.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

3 hours ago, DMagic said:

3 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

If you don't include the file in the download and instead have it generated on runtime then it should stay (iirc). I'll test and edit.

This is correct. The CKAN client does not touch any files it did not install.