CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

15 hours ago, politas said:

Your licence string needs to be "public-domain". That's what's failing. The best way to get feedback on a new netkan is to submit a PR. The Jenkins checks will sometimes give you a better error message than the netkan client by itself.

worked perfectly. Thanks!

Attempting to update to the most recent version of Astronomers Visual Pack causes an error.

Module scatterer required but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.

Error!

Scatterer IS in fact listed in the list of mods available for the current version of KSP, and I was able to uninstall, and reinstall it via CKAN w/o any problems.

12 hours ago, Nachocuban said:

Attempting to update to the most recent version of Astronomers Visual Pack causes an error.

Module scatterer required but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.

Error!

Scatterer IS in fact listed in the list of mods available for the current version of KSP, and I was able to uninstall, and reinstall it via CKAN w/o any problems.

Might be because Spacedock is down?

I am being told that my mods are on CKAN.  This has caused issues with some of the users of my mods as someone has decided which dependencies my mods require.

Remove my mods from CKAN!!!!

This specifically includes Maritime Pack AND 1869

22 hours ago, Fengist said:

I am being told that my mods are on CKAN.  This has caused issues with some of the users of my mods as someone has decided which dependencies my mods require.

Remove my mods from CKAN!!!!

This specifically includes Maritime Pack AND 1869

Sorry about that. PRs for your mods were submitted by someone outside the team, and it looks like we all forgot to ask whether that person had cleared it with you. All removed now.

11 hours ago, politas said:

Sorry about that. PRs for your mods were submitted by someone outside the team, and it looks like we all forgot to ask whether that person had cleared it with you. All removed now.

Thank you very much.  

Hi guys,

I was planning a huge comeback to my favourite rocket launcher plateforme recently but as I tried to load the game, it crashed. It was probably due to the lack of update from my side, so I tried to launch CKAN to patiently update each of my numerous mods. But CKAN crashed as well with an error message. 

could anyone help me figure it out before I uninstall/reinstall everyting?

here come the error message : 

Unhandled exception:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unterminated string. Expected delimiter: ". Path 'available_modules.Kerbalism.module_version['1.0.3'].install[0].find_regexp', line 287340, position 10560728.
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringIntoBuffer(Char quote)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty()
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   à CKAN.RegistryManager.Load()
   à CKAN.RegistryManager.LoadOrCreate()
   à CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor(String path, KSP ksp)
   à CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance(KSP ksp)
   à CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   à CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, Boolean showConsole)
   à CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui(GuiOptions options, String[] args)
   à CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args) 

21 hours ago, psychopoak said:

Hi guys,

I was planning a huge comeback to my favourite rocket launcher plateforme recently but as I tried to load the game, it crashed. It was probably due to the lack of update from my side, so I tried to launch CKAN to patiently update each of my numerous mods. But CKAN crashed as well with an error message. 

could anyone help me figure it out before I uninstall/reinstall everyting?

here come the error message : 

Looks like something is messed up in your CKAN/registry.json on line 287340

I put KSP away when it updated to 1.2or somewhere around there, because I had put so many mods on it and I couldn't be bothered to update them all. I was afraid to break something, or not be able to continue, or generally frying my aging PC., and I had other games to play that didn't require this attention upon start-up. The aging PC was eventually fried by something else than KSP almost a year ago, but I recently caved in to the Kerbal craving and downloaded it on my laptop. It appears to work just fine. But the mods! Oh, the bother of looking up a bajillion download sources and keeping them all up to date! No, stock KSP would be the way to go for me, I feared...

And then today I discovered CKAN, embarrassingly long after picking the game back up. It's like a personal assistant just fixing things for you. It's brilliant! Thanks!

...wonder how many mods I'll install before frying the laptop too...

there it is!

I took the plunge, cleaned up my steam install after having secure a backup of GameData, and then started from scratch.

Amazingly, less than an hour and a couple of beer later, there I am picking up my Munstation building just where I left it in march.

thanks gods there is CKAN

I'd like to try using the release WebHook in my Github repos. Is this the right way?

Payload URL: https://netkan.ksp-ckan.org/gh
Format: JSON
Events: Release

I'm mainly asking about the URL. I saw a mention that SpaceDock uses /inflate, but WebHooks.pm has a separate /gh/:task route which presumably is for Github. It looks like it might also be https://netkan.ksp-ckan.org/gh/release, but that would kind of violate the implicit model of Github's WebHooks since they're designed to support multiple events. Or even https://netkan.ksp-ckan.org/gh/release?identifier=Astrogator, which is referenced in some of the code. I tried loading each of these URLs in a browser tab, but there's no response, which could be good or bad for all I know.

(Probably a question for @techman83)

On 07/09/2017 at 6:43 AM, HebaruSan said:

I'd like to try using the release WebHook in my Github repos. Is this the right way?

Payload URL: https://netkan.ksp-ckan.org/gh
Format: JSON
Events: Release

I'm mainly asking about the URL. I saw a mention that SpaceDock uses /inflate, but WebHooks.pm has a separate /gh/:task route which presumably is for Github. It looks like it might also be https://netkan.ksp-ckan.org/gh/release, but that would kind of violate the implicit model of Github's WebHooks since they're designed to support multiple events. Or even https://netkan.ksp-ckan.org/gh/release?identifier=Astrogator, which is referenced in some of the code. I tried loading each of these URLs in a browser tab, but there's no response, which could be good or bad for all I know.

(Probably a question for @techman83)

I don't think @techman83 visits the forums often, but if you post an issue on the CKAN github and tag him there, he should respond. I'm afraid I haven't the faintest idea how that system works.

On 2/12/2017 at 6:52 PM, HebaruSan said:

Would you be open to some pull requests to redesign that page (assuming it's generated by code currently on Github)? I think I see some opportunities to ease the burden of working these errors.

On 2/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, politas said:

Certainly!

On 2/12/2017 at 11:14 PM, HebaruSan said:

... OK, I'm stumped. I read through enough of the CKAN and NetKAN-bot repositories to get a sense of where the exceptions come from and where they go, but I was not able to find anything resembling a web page renderer (or any other page on the internet containing that page's title). Would you mind pointing me in the right general direction? Maybe it's in a different repo?

Finally found it!  https://github.com/techman83/NetKAN-status/pull/5

45 minutes ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

I already did a clean install of CKAN

But you didn't do a clean install of mods. Meaning, when you have reinstalled CKAN, you were have mods in gamedata folder from previous install. CKAN have recognized those as "manual" install.

In other words, you have deleted CKAN folder, but you didn't do uninstall of mods prior deleting CKAN and you didn't delete mods from gamedata folder by yourself either. So, it can't be considered as "clean" install.

Just now, kcs123 said:

But you didn't do a clean install of mods. Meaning, when you have reinstalled CKAN, you were have mods in gamedata folder from previous install. CKAN have recognized those as "manual" install.

In other words, you have deleted CKAN folder, but you didn't do uninstall of mods prior deleting CKAN and you didn't delete mods from gamedata folder by yourself either. So, it can't be considered as "clean" install.

The thing it, it only detects half of the mods I have installed.

Just now, SupperRobin6394 said:

The thing it, it only detects half of the mods I have installed.

Then you must have mods that were not marked as compatible with current version of KSP you are playing. I think that there is issue raised about it on CKAN github.

Is it possible to tell CKAN that the mod can create files (or one specific file) after it is installed? I've been told that CKAN always throws "CKAN was about to wipe this stuff, but this did not come from CKAN, something's not right" when users want to update KPBS because it creates one file when it runs.

Edited by Nils277

48 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Is it possible to tell CKAN that the mod can create files (or one specific file) after it is installed? I've been told that CKAN always throws "CKAN was about to wipe this stuff, but this did not come from CKAN, something's not right" when users want to update KPBS because it creates one file when it runs.

This is one of the most requested (and most needed) enhancements. I believe it has not been done yet.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/15