CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Give it an hour, then refresh CKAN and try again

Not this time, unfortunately. The bot is keeping the original version of the 1.6.1.1 upload in its cache and so failing to get the metadata for the replacement file. Over the short term we need to delete that file out of the cache. I'm looking at longer term options for improving this now.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/6296

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Give it an hour, then refresh CKAN and try again

we just ran a mock PR and it was successful, but its didnt download one of the recommended mods. I know this has to do with the hash/cache and what not, but i just found that to be odd

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

we just ran a mock PR and it was successful, but its didnt download one of the recommended mods. 

My previous pull request seemed to be successful as well, but the pull request's data isn't what goes into the repository.

I think I'll push some CKAN-meta updates manually. That would allow a window for folks to update before the bot ruins it again. Stay tuned...

OK, GPP's metadata is now correct for the newer download. You can safely update the registry and install or upgrade. However, the bot is still misbehaving, so there's a limited time window before it messes the data up again (and we have to re-apply this fix again), so if you're reading this an hour or two in the future and it's still broken, this is your outage notification.

Will x-post in the GPP thread as well...

Just made an account to report this issue. I'm a noob to the forum, but I've got just under 900 hours in game. 

I still can't get CKAN up and running since the whole github/TLS issue went down. 

just did a fresh install of both KSP (1.3.1.1891) and CKAN (1.24.0)

CKAN launches and immediately throws an "unhandled exception" error. type = CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken

error details are as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MakeFirstDisplayedCellCurrentCell(Boolean includeNewRow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowCollectionChanged_PostNotification(Boolean recreateNewRow, Boolean allowSettingCurrentCell, CollectionChangeAction cca, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange(DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated, List`1 mc)
   at CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated()
   at CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2600.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.24.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.24.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/royde/OneDrive/Desktop/ckan%20(2).exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Please advise. I"ve looked around, and per some other posts, I"ve ensured i've got .NET 4.7.1 installed. 

1 hour ago, Royalty087 said:

Just made an account to report this issue. I'm a noob to the forum, but I've got just under 900 hours in game. 

I still can't get CKAN up and running since the whole github/TLS issue went down. 

just did a fresh install of both KSP (1.3.1.1891) and CKAN (1.24.0)

CKAN launches and immediately throws an "unhandled exception" error. type = CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken

error details are as follows:

Please advise. I"ve looked around, and per some other posts, I"ve ensured i've got .NET 4.7.1 installed. 

Click Continue, then Refresh.

4 hours ago, papuchalk said:

Hey Guys, my CKAN seem to be stuck on opening. 

See screen, i waited like an hour to see if it gets connected but didnt work :/

https://imgur.com/a/IYHf6

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/v1.24.0

18 minutes ago, chateaudav said:

Thanks =) But, SVT just go to 2.1.1 !
Another update.. lol

It updates automatically. That version is there now.

On 2/24/2018 at 8:07 PM, HebaruSan said:

Never mind that, I think I see what's going on. Thanks for reporting this. It's a bug in the new version, probably affecting the alternate repositories like you're using to get bleeding edge MechJebs, since apparently they don't set download_hash. Looks like a simple fix, but if you need a workaround in the meantime, you can switch back to the regular versions (i.e., 2.7.0.0 instead of 2.7.0.0-784).

Here's the pending fix if you want to track it: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/2313

I know from GitHub that this PR (to solve problems with downloading MechJeb dev builds from Sarbian's server) has been integrated (I think) and closed.  I'm no GitHub or coding expert, but when does the fix get published after PR closure?  This isn't critical for me, I'm just asking about what happens next.

2 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I know from GitHub that this PR (to solve problems with downloading MechJeb dev builds from Sarbian's server) has been integrated (I think) and closed.

Yes, that's correct.

2 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I'm no GitHub or coding expert, but when does the fix get published after PR closure?  This isn't critical for me, I'm just asking about what happens next.

It's a manual process, whenever @politas decides it's time for a new release.

I'm getting a CKAN error I've never seen before. I've tried basics - verify internet, reboot machine, etc. Does anyone know what this means?

Error in autoupdate: 
    The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Full error details below:

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MakeFirstDisplayedCellCurrentCell(Boolean includeNewRow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowCollectionChanged_PostNotification(Boolean recreateNewRow, Boolean allowSettingCurrentCell, CollectionChangeAction cca, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange(DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated)
   at CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated()
   at CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.22.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.22.6
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/KSP_1.3.1_GPP_2.5x/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Tyko

1 minute ago, Tyko said:

I'm getting a CKAN error I've never seen before. I've tried basics - verify internet, reboot machine, etc. Does anyone know what this means?

Error in autoupdate: 

This was first reported at the end of page 34 of this thread and dealt with extensively thereafter.

Latest CKAN on Gentoo stable, Mono 5.8.0.22. All filepicker windows crash with:

Unhandled exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Not a valid Win32 FileTime.
Parameter name: fileTime
  at System.DateTime.FromFileTimeUtc (System.Int64 fileTime) [0x00020] in <603673beab70479cb1a2aed0074edce0>:0 
  at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.get_LastAccessTimeUtc () [0x00028] in <603673beab70479cb1a2aed0074edce0>:0 
  at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.get_LastAccessTime () [0x00000] in <603673beab70479cb1a2aed0074edce0>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileSystemInfo.get_LastAccessTime()
  at System.Windows.Forms.FileSystem.GetDirectoryFSEntry (System.IO.DirectoryInfo dirinfo, System.Windows.Forms.FSEntry topFolderFSEntry) [0x00047] in <b2178b49d04c4b05a1693a7f35e9ec31>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.FileSystem.GetNormalFolderContent (System.String from_folder, System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection filters, System.Collections.ArrayList& directories_out, System.Collections.ArrayList& files_out) [0x00023] in <b2178b49d04c4b05a1693a7f35e9ec31>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.FileSystem.GetFolderContent (System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection filters, System.Collections.ArrayList& directories_out, System.Collections.ArrayList& files_out) [0x00155] in <b2178b49d04c4b05a1693a7f35e9ec31>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFVFS+WorkerThread.GetFolderContentThread () [0x00000] in <b2178b49d04c4b05a1693a7f35e9ec31>:0 
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [0x00014] in <603673beab70479cb1a2aed0074edce0>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <603673beab70479cb1a2aed0074edce0>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <603673beab70479cb1a2aed0074edce0>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <603673beab70479cb1a2aed0074edce0>:0 
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () [0x00008] in <603673beab70479cb1a2aed0074edce0>:0  

If it matters, the filesystem in question is ext4, mounted with noatime.

What's this "Win32 FileTime" rubbish anyway? No Windows here, nor 32 bit. Shouldn't that be "Unix timestamp"? :P

While I'm here, any progress with the previously-discussed not-incredibly-fugly-on-*nix UI?
Any way to get CKAN to use system fonts like everything else, instead of the butt-ugly serif (looks like times to me) it's displaying now?
Shall I just assume no, because mono and winforms?
Did I mention I hate winforms?

Edited by steve_v

4 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Latest CKAN on Gentoo stable, Mono 5.8.0.22. All filepicker windows crash with:

Unable to reproduce. Steps?

What's this "Win32 FileTime" rubbish anyway? No Windows here, nor 32 bit. Shouldn't that be "Unix timestamp"? :P

Do you really think CKAN has that string anywhere in its code?

While I'm here, any progress with the previously-discussed not-incredibly-fugly-on-*nix UI?

Yes, try "ckan consoleui".

Any way to get CKAN to use system fonts like everything else, instead of the butt-ugly serif (looks like times to me) it's displaying now?

Never seen that. No screenshot?

Shall I just assume no, because mono and winforms?
Did I mention I hate winforms?

It's not great, but it sounds like there's more going on in your case.

18 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Steps?

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux, amd64 v17 multilib profile.
Install updated mono 5.8.0.22 from "dotnet" portage overlay (5.x req'd for tls1.2, or so it seems).
Start CKAN GUI and do something that opens a filepicker, such as "Install from .ckan...".

Yes, try "ckan consoleui".

I didn't know that existed, it's much better :)
Then again, if it's the outcome of the "shall we use GTK or QT" discussion... Still an improvement I guess.

No screenshot?

Screenshot_20180304_104855.png

That there is one single application, of the many I have installed, 100% not following system font settings.
FWIW, it doesn't even follow system font size either.

Edited by steve_v

Not sure if this is just me, but after about a month or two of not using CKAN, I cannot launch it anymore. Just gives me this error:

Error in autoupdate: 

and then if I dismiss it, another exception pops up, CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken. if I continue, it just gives me the normal CKAN interface but only the mods I had already installed previously, no selection.

e: also the new version doesn't work, unless I'm not installing it properly or something. Would be good if there were more instructions than 'oh and btw versions prior x don't work :))))'

e2: also would be good if there was a proper download file instead of 5 different files. Like, which one do I even choose to download? Do I need all of them? Do I install the earlier version first and then do the other one on top?

Edited by Teoras

2 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux, amd64 v17 multilib profile.

But I don't want to funroll my loops!

Install updated mono 5.8.0.22 from "dotnet" portage overlay (5.x req'd for tls1.2, or so it seems).
Start CKAN GUI and do something that opens a filepicker, such as "Install from .ckan...".

Screenshot_20180304_104855.png

That there is one single application, of the many I have installed, 100% not following system font settings.

Looks like some part of your Mono is broken, or some dependencies are missing. Sorry, I'm not going to be able to debug that from here.

I didn't know that existed, it's much better :)

Good. It was mentioned in the release notes, but obviously not everyone is going to read all of those.

Then again, if it's the outcome of the "shall we use GTK or QT" discussion... Still an improvement I guess.

It's the outcome of an unrelated development effort. The issue requesting a successor GUI is still open.

50 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

But I don't want to funroll my loops!

How do you keep your CPU warm, if you don't compile everything that moves?

50 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Looks like some part of your Mono is broken, or some dependencies are missing.

Well then, I guess you're saying "Mono is broken". I see exactly the same if I compile mono 5.4.1.6 (just to poke at another version) by hand, straight from mono-project.com. This is upstream mono, no patches, no ricer cflags, no strange configure options.
I see Debian applies some 49MB(!) of patches to their mono package...

What are these "dependencies" that CKAN requires? The closest I see to a list is "mono-complete ca-certificates-mono libcurl4-openssl-dev", none of which applies to anything but Ubuntu. Is there something I need that's not in http://download.mono-project.com/sources/mono/mono-5.4.1.6.tar.bz2?

Edited by steve_v

7 minutes ago, steve_v said:

What are these "dependencies" that CKAN requires? The closest I see to a list is "mono-complete ca-certificates-mono libcurl4-openssl-dev", none of which applies to anything but Ubuntu. Is there something I need that's not in http://download.mono-project.com/sources/mono/mono-5.4.1.6.tar.bz2?

No idea. The things that constantly go wrong with Mono consistently surprise me, the TLS mess being a primary example. But you're having two problems that no one else has had, with none of CKAN's actual code in the stack traces, in use cases where CKAN's code doesn't actually do anything that would cause the problem, on an OS built around DIY compilation of packages.

Guess how the file picker works? We say, "Hey Mono, please go find us a file." If the file picker itself is crashing, that's not something CKAN can fix (or cause). Similarly, fonts, for the main window we say, "put a label here". We don't say, "and use an ugly font."

Maybe some of those 49MB of patches in Debian are bug fixes for things like this, or configuration for font servers, etc.? Who knows.

Google does find an example of your file picker exception in one of the other known Mono WinForms apps (I see a lot of their bug reports while looking at CKAN stuff): https://sourceforge.net/p/keepass/bugs/1602/  Looks like they also concluded it was a Mono bug.

20 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

This was first reported at the end of page 34 of this thread and dealt with extensively thereafter.

It looks like the only answers are to try to update - which doesn't work or download and reinstall CKAN

if I download and reinstall won't all of my existing mods be reported as AD and not be upgradeable or is there a way to avoid that?