CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

Hey Guys,

Ive been using CKAN here for a little over a year now, and I just decided to take the plunge and use it on my mac, but I cannot seem to get it to work for the life of me. I saw you guys had the new .dmg method for setting it up on Mac, but no matter where I ran CKAN from (as CKAN from downloads, applications, and KSP install directory. Or as KSP in install directory) it just opens a tab in my browser that's the out of date how to install on Mac page. I tried to run it again after installing Mono 5.10.0.160, but it just does the same things. Is there something I am missing? I looked thorugh this fourm page all the way back to Feb 28th, but I still didn't see anyone with a similar issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

1 hour ago, Dr Killjoy said:

Hey Guys,

Ive been using CKAN here for a little over a year now, and I just decided to take the plunge and use it on my mac, but I cannot seem to get it to work for the life of me. I saw you guys had the new .dmg method for setting it up on Mac, but no matter where I ran CKAN from (as CKAN from downloads, applications, and KSP install directory. Or as KSP in install directory) it just opens a tab in my browser that's the out of date how to install on Mac page. I tried to run it again after installing Mono 5.10.0.160, but it just does the same things. Is there something I am missing? I looked thorugh this fourm page all the way back to Feb 28th, but I still didn't see anyone with a similar issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

There are some problems with the current Mac build. We think we've figured out the fixes, and there's a test build available here:

I can't get CKAN to install Deadly Re-Entry correctly. Whenever I try to install that one mod, I get this error, then CKAN crashes:

Unhandled exception:
CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: C:\Users\{MyName}\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpD620.tmp has length 844924, should be 844922
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<DownloadModules>b__3(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.triggerCompleted(Uri[] file_urls, String[] file_paths, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.FileDownloadComplete(Int32 index, Exception error)
   at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() 

Is this a known issue? I'm using KSP 1.3.0 and CKAN v1.24.0, if it matters. I've tried restarting CKAN, I've tried deleting that file and trying again, everything I can think of and it keeps giving me that error with this one mod. It works properly for any other mods.

29 minutes ago, ASCIInerd73 said:

I can't get CKAN to install Deadly Re-Entry correctly. Whenever I try to install that one mod, I get this error, then CKAN crashes:

Is this a known issue? I'm using KSP 1.3.0 and CKAN v1.24.0, if it matters.

We know this might happen for mod downloads that were replaced after they were initially indexed, but we didn't know it had happened in this specific case. Yes, knowing that you're on KSP 1.3.0 was crucial to solving this. :) We have some changes in place that handle this case better, but that wouldn't have been running at the time this download was replaced.

29 minutes ago, ASCIInerd73 said:

I've tried restarting CKAN, I've tried deleting that file and trying again, everything I can think of and it keeps giving me that error with this one mod. It works properly for any other mods.

Try clicking Refresh (or run "ckan update") to get the latest updated metadata for this mod. It should be fixed now.

Currently getting an error message whenever I try going to Settings > CKAN Settings on v1.24.0.2077 with KSP 1.4.0.

I've tried removing the CKAN.exe and the CKAN folder in the KSP folder, but that had no effect.

Clicking "continue" will allow me to see an options window, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

Error content: (not sure which part is important, so here's the whole wall)

Zie het einde van dit bericht voor meer informatie over het aanroepen
van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
   bij CKAN.SettingsDialog.RefreshAuthTokensListBox()
   bij CKAN.SettingsDialog.UpdateDialog()
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-versie: 4.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 4.7.2117.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly-versie: 1.24.0.0
    Win32-versie: 1.24.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/ckan.exe
System.Core
    Win32-versie: 4.7.2563.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32-versie: 4.6.1099.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32-versie: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Win32-versie: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly-versie: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly-versie: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32-versie: 4.6.1099.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32-versie: 4.6.1099.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Microsoft.CSharp.resources
    Win32-versie: 4.6.1055.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.resources.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************
Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze
toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde
jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.
De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing
was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen
naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd
en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.

Edited by Jognt

1 minute ago, Jognt said:

Currently getting an error message whenever I try going to Settings > CKAN Settings on v1.24.0.2077 with KSP 1.4.0.

I've tried removing the CKAN.exe and the CKAN folder in the KSP folder, but that had no effect.

Clicking "continue" will allow me to see an options window, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

Yup, this is known:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2300

Till the fix is released, you can suppress the error by adding a fake auth token after clicking Continue.

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

Yup, this is known:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2300

Till the fix is released, you can suppress the error by adding a fake auth token after clicking Continue.

Ah. My bad!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by adding a fake authentication token, so as long as the current version won't blow up my house I think I'll just live with it.
Thank you for the quick response and suggestion!

On 3/10/2018 at 9:11 AM, steve_v said:

Better yet would be a general "don't block the UI". Pretty much everything CKAN does can be done asynchronously, there's no reason to block the UI while resolving dependencies, downloading files, or even installing mods.
The UI freezing for several seconds when selecting a mod that has dependencies is particularly irritating, I've asked about this before.

Almost all of the CPU activity that happens when you click can be eliminated with no change in behavior:

Going asynchronous isn't necessary in this instance.

5 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Going asynchronous isn't necessary in this instance.

Ahh, that'll learn me for going straight for the big hammer. Nice work.
It did look a bit like a nail though, at least from a distance. :P

Edited by steve_v

On 3/10/2018 at 9:36 PM, steve_v said:

I'm not talking about CKAN, rather my effort to write a native (AKA mono must die) port. TBH, all of my gripes with CKAN as it is can be traced right back to mono / .NET. Considering the toolkit, it's actually pretty good.

I have several projects stalled in the "just a little more tweaking and it will be perfect" (my power controller PCB layout is at revision 11, and it's holding up the rest of the build, etc. etc.). It counterproductive, but it happens.

Ohh. I see. Well to paraphrase herbaru. Sounds interesting/looking forward to seeing it. Good luck!

I'm having trouble selecting a new KSP install.

I had 1.4 added and when I try selecting 1.4.1 I get a "Ya existe una entrada con la misma clave" error. Translated is something like "An entry with the same key already exists".

I deleted the 1.4 install in case it was causing some conflict or making CKAN think they were the same and now I can't add 1.4 or 1.4.1. I get the same error. 

Any tips?

44 minutes ago, Juanfro said:

I'm having trouble selecting a new KSP install.

I had 1.4 added and when I try selecting 1.4.1 I get a "Ya existe una entrada con la misma clave" error. Translated is something like "An entry with the same key already exists".

I deleted the 1.4 install in case it was causing some conflict or making CKAN think they were the same and now I can't add 1.4 or 1.4.1. I get the same error. 

Finally a different duplicate! :)

It's confused because the folder you selected has the same name as an existing game instance. It'll be fixed in the next release, but in the meantime you can rename the existing instance to work around the problem.

6 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

It's confused because the folder you selected has the same name as an existing game instance. It'll be fixed in the next release, but in the meantime you can rename the existing instance to work around the problem.

You mean renaming the folder containing 1.4?

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

You should see a list of existing game instances before you attempt to add one. Select the existing instance and click Rename.

That worked!!

Thanks a lot!!!

On 3/11/2018 at 8:24 PM, HebaruSan said:

Try clicking Refresh (or run "ckan update") to get the latest updated metadata for this mod. It should be fixed now.

Just a heads-up: Running CKAN 1.24.0 with KSP 1.4.1.2089, I started CKAN to do my daily mod checkup, it refreshed the list and I selected to update a mod and download a new one. During the installation it threw this error:

Unhandled exception:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: C:\Users\Jasper\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpD329.tmp has length 0, should be 15924
   bij CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   bij CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   bij CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<DownloadModules>b__3(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   bij CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.triggerCompleted(Uri[] file_urls, String[] file_paths, Exception[] errors)
   bij CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.FileDownloadComplete(Int32 index, Exception error)
   bij System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   bij System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bij System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Mod installation failed, but succeeded after restarting CKAN after it crashed.

Also, dialog box button placement is kinda wonky, at least here on Win7 as you can see in the screenshot below:

2OZ3ol1.jpg

Edited by Jognt

4 hours ago, Jognt said:

Just a heads-up: Running CKAN 1.24.0 with KSP 1.4.1.2089, I started CKAN to do my daily mod checkup, it refreshed the list and I selected to update a mod and download a new one. During the installation it threw this error:

Mod installation failed, but succeeded after restarting CKAN after it crashed.

Also, dialog box button placement is kinda wonky, at least here on Win7 as you can see in the screenshot below:

I tried this with that mod and wasn't able to reproduce the problem. That error indicates that the downloaded file size was zero, so it's strange that you didn't get a download error instead. Possibly a temporary server glitch? In any case, I would have recommended trying again, which apparently worked.

General FYI regarding ongoing mod updates:

Thanks to the minimal API breakage in KSP 1.4, a great many mod authors are choosing to change the supported game versions of their existing downloads from 1.3.1 to 1.4.1. When this happens, your CKAN will remove that version of that mod from the list of compatible mods for KSP 1.3.1, even if it actually works with both versions. In some cases an older release of the same mod may remain available for 1.3.1, in other cases it might disappear completely.

If you intend to run a 1.3.1 game for a while yet, you may need to add 1.4 as a compatible version to access such mods:

As always, take care when using this feature. If a mod author explicitly chooses 1.4.1 as the only supported version, they do not need to receive bug reports for 1.3.1.

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

If you intend to run a 1.3.1 game for a while yet, you may need to add 1.4 as a compatible version to access such mods:

I set `ksp_version_strict` to true in my netkan. Does setting compatible version in the CKAN client override that flag, or does it just influence what the client considers as "generally recognised" compatible (ie, only influence behaviour when ksp_version_strict is false)?

24 minutes ago, stibbons said:

I set `ksp_version_strict` to true in my netkan. Does setting compatible version in the CKAN client override that flag, or does it just influence what the client considers as "generally recognised" compatible (ie, only influence behaviour when ksp_version_strict is false)?

As far as I can tell, "ksp_version_strict" just disables a one-off hack that treats KSP 1.0.4 as compatible with 1.0.3 by default.

All later versions use "strict" checking regardless of that setting. But the compatible versions popup in turn overrides that.

8 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

All later versions use "strict" checking regardless of that setting. But the compatible versions popup in turn overrides that.

That's mildly disappointing. Thanks for looking in to it. :) 

It's a minor thing, and I'd have to think hard about how a "no really I know what I'm doing when I'm setting version requirements" feature would work. Would much rather continue playing around with Xamarin.Mac. :) 

good day, can I suggest a new feature for the program? I was thinking of something that shows you the new mods that were modified in the jump from one version to another, so you do not have to be reviewing the entire list every time the number of compatible mods changes. Thanks for your time.

So, I'm having a bit of an issue after downloading the new version...I start CKAN then it gives me an Unhandled Exception...Here is the details of the error:

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MakeFirstDisplayedCellCurrentCell(Boolean includeNewRow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowCollectionChanged_PostNotification(Boolean recreateNewRow, Boolean allowSettingCurrentCell, CollectionChangeAction cca, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange(DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated, List`1 mc)
   at CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated()
   at CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any thoughts? 

I'm still running 1.3.1, is that why this is happening? Any help is much appreciated...