CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

Cannot remove mod from ckan!  Pulling hair out in frustration!!!

I installed Advanced Fly By Wire in my 1.5.1.2335 install and it has hotkeys that are conflicting with another mod.

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

I tried manually removing the mod from the gamedata folder but when I run ckan again it magically is installed in game even though it is no long in the gamedata folder??????? and it continues to conflict with other mod hotkeys!!!!

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

4. tried uninstalling and reinstalling 6 or 7 other randomly picked mods and they uninstall and reinstall just fine so it is something about just this one damn mod!!!

This mod installs several files outside of GameData, in the root of the game folder:

• SDL2.dll
  • SDL_LICENSE
  • XINPUTDOTNET_LICENSE
  • XInputInterface.dll

I'm guessing one of those is causing your problem. You may wish to try deleting them.

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

When I try to uncheck it and apply ckan crashes!

This is the strange part that I'd like to try to fix if you're willing to collaborate. I tried installing and uninstalling it, and I didn't get a crash. We'll need a few more details to investigate, so please stop by here if you can:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

The stack trace and the name of the mod are good clues, but they don't quite explain why you're getting a crash.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, HebaruSan said:

This mod installs several files outside of GameData, in the root of the game folder:

• SDL2.dll
  • SDL_LICENSE
  • XINPUTDOTNET_LICENSE
  • XInputInterface.dll

I'm guessing one of those is causing your problem. You may wish to try deleting them.

This is the strange part that I'd like to try to fix if you're willing to collaborate. I tried installing and uninstalling it, and I didn't get a crash. We'll need a few more details to investigate, so please stop by here if you can:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

The stack trace and the name of the mod are good clues, but they don't quite explain why you're getting a crash.

HebaruSan.  Glad to help if I can.  Will go to the site you likes and get you all I can.  

TY

Install from .ckan is not working for me.

I exported all my mods installed in 1.6 and used "install from .ckan" to install them in a fresh 1.6.1 install. 75% of the mods install fine but the rest are not installed. No error reports, nothing. I have set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 as compatible versions.

5 hours ago, Rime Pendragon said:

I exported all my mods installed in 1.6 and used "install from .ckan" to install them in a fresh 1.6.1 install. 75% of the mods install fine but the rest are not installed. No error reports, nothing. I have set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 as compatible versions.

Try reporting this at the bug tracker:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

On 1/10/2019 at 10:50 AM, Rime Pendragon said:

I also have the same problem since version 1.6. I have 333 mods on CKAN and I have many to add manually.

My compatible versions are from 1.6 to 1.0

30 minutes ago, Dux Aquila said:

I also have the same problem since version 1.6.

Yup, that issue was submitted, and we've got a plan for a fix for it.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2652

I have 333 mods on CKAN and I have many to add manually.

As a workaround till this is fixed, If you edit the .ckan file and change "recommends" to "depends", it should work.

Edited by HebaruSan

29 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

If I have a CKAN installed KSP on 1.4.5, do I just use the exported .CKAN file to load those mods into say 1.6?

That won't work in the current version of CKAN without some tweaking; see the post before yours.

Small question that was probably asked before;

Say I have some mods installed manually, or I had a bunch installed with CKAN, which was later deleted. I am installing CKAN again and want it to take over the management of already installed mods. How do I do this? CKAN sees the mods with "list", but GUI window remains empty when Filter(Installed). "Ckan.exe scan" does nothing. CKAN folder also has "history" with .ckan files in it, but nothing is picked up from there.

1 hour ago, Corovaneer said:

want it to take over the management of already installed mods

This doesn't exist currently; CKAN will only manage mods that it installed itself. The best thing is to start with a clean, fresh copy of the game and then use CKAN to install the mods you want.

There's some discussion of this here:

Hi everyone. Just an oddball question.

The deployable engine plugin, a few KB in size..but downloaded with ckan..is a 60+MB folder that includes "extra" cfgs that dont get installed by default.

Nertea has stated that there is no "extras" folder for his deployable engine plugin by himself. But the ckan download gives a lot of cfgs for stock and his nearfuture electical mod.  Im really just trying to find information on what they do. There seems to be no information about them. I can decifer some of it..but there are a few modules ive never seen before.

Basically i was hoping someone..somewhere..could shed some light on them. Or point me in the right direction? And since it seems nertea didnt make them, this is my next logical place to ask.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

The deployable engine plugin, a few KB in size..but downloaded with ckan..is a 60+MB folder that includes "extra" cfgs that dont get installed by default.

Nertea has stated that there is no "extras" folder for his deployable engine plugin by himself. But the ckan download gives a lot of cfgs for stock and his nearfuture electical mod.  Im really just trying to find information on what they do. There seems to be no information about them. I can decifer some of it..but there are a few modules ive never seen before.

Basically i was hoping someone..somewhere..could shed some light on them. Or point me in the right direction? And since it seems nertea didnt make them, this is my next logical place to ask.

Until a week ago, DeployableEngines didn't have its own download. To install it, you had to download KerbalAtomics and then extract the DeployableEngines folder out of it. That's what CKAN was doing. Nertea was kind enough to create a separate download for it recently, which we switched to today.

https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/DeployableEngines/releases

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/6955

I have been using CKAN for several years. (Starting with .90) and every time there was a version change with KSP, I would start a new KSP version folder, put in a copy of CKAN, and update the mods in the new version of KSP, while I continued using the previous version of KSP to play.

For instance. I would have KSP1.0 folder with CKAN, that I would play, and KSP1.0.2 folder with another copy of CKAN to download the mods as they were updated, until I was ready to switch to the new version.

Everything was going perfectly.

But reciently when I downloaded KSP1.6.1 and added CKAN and started downloading and installing mods, 2 things I noticed.

First, apparently CKAN now wants to download the mods to a User/AppData folder somewhere (I don't remember the exact location now), instead of the previous KSP/CKAN/Downloads folder.

Annoying, but I do have the option to change it back. BUT, as I mentioned I have multiple versions of KSP on my system, (Currently I have 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, and only deleted 1.3.1 a month or two ago) and I noticed that ALL the CKAN programs between the KSP versions are now Sharing the same Download folder.

In other words, I cant keep the KSP 1.5.1 downloads separate from the KSP 1.6.1 downloads.

Personally I want each instance of CKAN between the versions to be separate.

The second thing I noticed, is every time I switch between CKANs for different KSP versions I get a warning message.

(CKAN requires permission to add a handler for CKAN:// URLs)

SO obviously CKAN is storing so info somewhere other than the CKAN folder in its local KSP folder, that it keeps looking for and changing every time I switch to the other KSP version CKAN.exe

Is there any chance we can get an option to store info locally instead of globally, so each instance of CKAN can be independent?

7 hours ago, BlackHat said:

BUT, as I mentioned I have multiple versions of KSP on my system, (Currently I have 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, and only deleted 1.3.1 a month or two ago) and I noticed that ALL the CKAN programs between the KSP versions are now Sharing the same Download folder.

Yes, this is to reduce redundant downloads and disk usage. Many mods are compatible with KSP 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 (for example), and if you installed such a mod on all three versions before the cache was consolidated, it would have been downloaded repeatedly and saved in multiple cache folders. Now the cache actually works as a cache, so you only need to download and store a given mod once.

7 hours ago, BlackHat said:

In other words, I cant keep the KSP 1.5.1 downloads separate from the KSP 1.6.1 downloads.

Personally I want each instance of CKAN between the versions to be separate.

Why? What would be the benefit of doing that?

40 minutes ago, Tirello said:

CKAN is showing the wrong version of Trajectories. Still showing v2.2.0 not v2.2.1 

This is because v2.2.0 isn't v2.2.0 but rather "vKSP1.4.2-v2.2.0" (as entered by the author on SpaceDock), which messes up the sorting:

AdzamLD.png

Fix in progress here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pull/1404

EDIT: Fix done, click Refresh.

Edited by HebaruSan

Hello! I have a problem with manual selection of the mod version. I install Distant Object Enhancement 1.9.1, because I have KSP 1.4.5, the Program asks me to select the settings file, I also choose 1.9.1. But, after installation, I see that the version of the mod 1.9.1.1, and not the one I chose. The configuration file in this case 1.9.1

40 minutes ago, TeiwazVIE said:

Don't know if this is the right place, but it seems there is something wrong with scatterer version for RSSVE (probably just the wrong version in "Relationship" tab)

That's just saying that Scatterer conflicts with itself, which is allowed. It was added because some other mod apparently also "provided" Scatterer (though that may no longer be the case, not sure):

EDIT: Confirmed removed in https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/4809

18 minutes ago, Craze said:

Hello! I have a problem with manual selection of the mod version. I install Distant Object Enhancement 1.9.1, because I have KSP 1.4.5, the Program asks me to select the settings file, I also choose 1.9.1. But, after installation, I see that the version of the mod 1.9.1.1, and not the one I chose. The configuration file in this case 1.9.1

Sounds like the easiest thing would be to install 1.9.1.1. It's compatible with KSP 1.3 - 1.6.

https://github.com/MOARdV/DistantObject/releases/tag/v1.9.1.1

For KSP 1.3.x - KSP 1.6.x

Edited by HebaruSan