CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

28 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

That's just saying that Scatterer conflicts with itself, which is allowed. It was added because some other mod apparently also "provided" Scatterer (though that may no longer be the case, not sure):

EDIT: Confirmed removed in https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/4809

Sounds like the easiest thing would be to install 1.9.1.1. It's compatible with KSP 1.3 - 1.6. 

https://github.com/MOARdV/DistantObject/releases/tag/v1.9.1.1

The author's website says that this version is compiled for 1.5.0

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

It also says "For KSP 1.3.x - KSP 1.6.x"

JWmXm9y.png

That's it, recompiled for 1.5.0. But even if it is compatible. The program behavior is incorrect. The program forgets my choice. I still think the last word should be for the man, not the machine.

Also, almost always, versions from 1.4.1 or 1.4.9 are suitable for version 1.4.5. But the program marks them as incompatible and does not want to install.

Thanks for the quick answers. I hope these minor inconveniences will be corrected.

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

In that case please file a bug report so we can collect enough information to investigate:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

How to do it in this case?

After all, the program did not give an error. it just doesn't work as expected.

And often the version marked as containing my and later after the update does not work.

I just want to help make the program better, smarter. More flexible and friendly.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

That's just saying that Scatterer conflicts with itself, which is allowed. It was added because some other mod apparently also "provided" Scatterer (though that may no longer be the case, not sure):

EDIT: Confirmed removed in https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/4809

Ahm, shouldn't it be...fixed then? :)

I mean, it's not really making a problem for me, just wondering.

Hi,

I've 2 small features request for  CKAN, which could be very helpful when you made a too-quick update of a mod and want to revert to previous state.

More precisely:

• After a refresh, I just saw that ModuleManager was updated to 4.0.0.
  • Good! So I selected it and updated the install.
  • For the record (as this was a major release), I went to the forum post to get the changelog, then I saw that there were some issues I may be impacted with. Argh! I better have to revert and wait to the next release to be taken in account.
  • But, right-clicking on the mod line in CKAN, I can only reinstall the current (offending) version.
  • Going to the Versions notebook tab and double-clicking on any of the listed versions, I could try to revert to a previous one but as a more recent is already there, the installation was skipped.
  • Last option: uninstall the mod completely... and as expected dependent declared mods should also vanish. So did I.
  • Lastly, I reinstalled the previous ModuleManager version 3.1.3, followed the other forced uninstalled mods.

So, the request is simply to get a right-click menu on compatible module versions allowing me to reinstall/revert to a specific one.

My other feature request is to be able to copy-paste metada urls without having to navigate to do so.

Thanks

Edited by DfA-DoM
typo

37 minutes ago, DfA-DoM said:

Hi,

I've 2 small features request for  CKAN, which could be very helpful when you made a too-quick update of a mod and want to revert to previous state.

More precisely:

• After a refresh, I just saw that ModuleManager was updated to 4.0.0.
  • Good! So I selected it and updated the install.
  • For the record (as this was a major release), I went to the forum post to get the changelog, then I saw that there were some issues I may be impacted with. Argh! I better have to revert and wait to the next release to be taken in account.
  • But, right-clicking on the mod line in CKAN, I can only reinstall the current (offending) version.
  • Going to the Versions notebook tab and double-clicking on any of the listed versions, I could try to revert to a previous one but as a more recent is already there, the installation was skipped.
  • Last option: uninstall the mod completely... and as expected dependent declared mods should also vanish. So did I.
  • Lastly, I reinstalled the previous ModuleManager version 3.1.3, followed the other forced uninstalled mods.

So, the request is simply to get a right-click menu on compatible module versions allowing me to reinstall/revert to a specific one.

My other feature request is to be able to copy-paste metada urls without having to navigate to do so.

Thanks

Unless I misunderstood your first request, this feature is already available and explanations are given in the « version rollback » CKAN wiki page https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Version-Rollback

Edited by Aodhan
Typo

48 minutes ago, Aodhan said:

Unless I misunderstood your first request, this feature is already available and explanations are given in the « version rollback » CKAN wiki page https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Version-Rollback

Yes you're right, in the sense that this is exactly what I did. But due to module inter-dependencies this forced a uninstallation of several other mods I had to reinstall from scratch afterward.

I just wanted a way to handle this without altering other installations (as far as all module versions coherence kept coherent).

Just because I Knew CKAN was going to want to uninstall half my mods when I wanted to switch back to a previous version of MM, I did it manually. (deleted MM4.0.dll and copy another MM3.1.3.dll into the Game Directory.

CKAN Knows when I am upgrading a mod that it does not need to uninstall its dependencies when it deletes the old version, Being able to tell CKAN to Roll back a version without having it uninstall the dependencies first would be very nice. 

CKAN on Debian (MONO 5 installed) error in terminal:

Spoiler

Unhandled Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: object_op ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Method has no body
 at System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents () [0x00024] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed () [0x0001c] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents (System.Boolean value) [0x0002a] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(bool)
 at System.IO.CoreFXFileSystemWatcherProxy.<StartDispatching>m__0 (System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher internal_fsw, System.IO.FileSystemWatcher fsw) [0x000
48] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.CoreFXFileSystemWatcherProxy.Operation (System.Action`4[T1,T2,T3,T4] map_op, System.Action`2[T1,T2] object_op, System.Object handle, System.A
ction`2[T1,T2] cancel_op) [0x001d3] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
 at System.IO.CoreFXFileSystemWatcherProxy.Operation (System.Action`4[T1,T2,T3,T4] map_op, System.Action`2[T1,T2] object_op, System.Object handle, System.A
ction`2[T1,T2] cancel_op) [0x001f8] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.CoreFXFileSystemWatcherProxy.StartDispatching (System.Object handle) [0x00007] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.Start () [0x00024] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents (System.Boolean value) [0x00049] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(bool)
 at CKAN.NetFileCache..ctor (System.String path) [0x000b6] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.NetFileCache..ctor (CKAN.KSPManager mgr, System.String path) [0x00000] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.NetModuleCache..ctor (CKAN.KSPManager mgr, System.String path) [0x00006] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.KSPManager.TrySetupCache (System.String path, System.String& failureReason) [0x0003d] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.KSPManager.LoadInstancesFromRegistry () [0x000ad] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.KSPManager..ctor (CKAN.IUser user, CKAN.IWin32Registry win32_registry) [0x00028] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute (CKAN.KSPManager manager, CKAN.CmdLine.CommonOptions opts, System.String[] args) [0x0015b] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930
758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00091] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.InvalidOperationException: object_op ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Method has no body
 at System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents () [0x00024] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed () [0x0001c] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents (System.Boolean value) [0x0002a] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(bool)
 at System.IO.CoreFXFileSystemWatcherProxy.<StartDispatching>m__0 (System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher internal_fsw, System.IO.FileSystemWatcher fsw) [0x000
48] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
ction`2[T1,T2] cancel_op) [0x001d3] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
ction`2[T1,T2] cancel_op) [0x001f8] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.CoreFXFileSystemWatcherProxy.StartDispatching (System.Object handle) [0x00007] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.Start () [0x00024] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents (System.Boolean value) [0x00049] in <a9a08e39ba304bd0a84c49bd158dfc02>:0  
 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(bool)
 at CKAN.NetFileCache..ctor (System.String path) [0x000b6] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.NetFileCache..ctor (CKAN.KSPManager mgr, System.String path) [0x00000] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.NetModuleCache..ctor (CKAN.KSPManager mgr, System.String path) [0x00006] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.KSPManager.TrySetupCache (System.String path, System.String& failureReason) [0x0003d] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.KSPManager.LoadInstancesFromRegistry () [0x000ad] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.KSPManager..ctor (CKAN.IUser user, CKAN.IWin32Registry win32_registry) [0x00028] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0  
 at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute (CKAN.KSPManager manager, CKAN.CmdLine.CommonOptions opts, System.String[] args) [0x0015b] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930
758e6ee>:0
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00091] in <2c2371fb3f2949b2a6dfae930758e6ee>:0

Whats happening? :(

Edited by Phoenyx

I'm just getting back into KSP, last active last September.  Glad to see a new CKAN version is out.

I have encountered something that prompts me to make a suggestion: allow simple downgrading of mods when versions and dependencies allow.

Those following Module Manager will know that the changes in the recently released 4.0.x versions have had some issues with some mods, notable Kerbalism.  It's still being sorted out what should be changed where, but a common workaround is going back to the previous release of Module Manager, 3.1.3.

This is a legitimate version for KSP 1.6+ and all mods.  So I went to the Module Manager line in CKAN, switched to the version view, and double-clicked on 3.1.3, expecting it to act as it does to an uninstalled mod, install that particular version.

But nothing changes when I used that to request a downgrade of Module Manager.  Just tries and says Module Manager already installed.

Fortunately, I was just working up my modding and had few mods that had Module Manager as a dependency.  So I could remove them all, remove Module Manager, install MM 3.1.3, then reinstall the MM dependent mods.

But for someone wanting to implement this workaround for an extensively modded install, this method would be a serious pain.

So, any possibility of allowing simple downgrading of mods?

Edited by Jacke

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

I have encountered something that prompts me to make a suggestion: allow simple downgrading of mods when versions and dependencies allow.

If you scroll up, this was asked for twice already on this page.

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

So, any possibility of allowing simple downgrading of mods?

Maybe:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/2669

Since my CKAN cache already takes 1.6GB, I'm curious what happens if I set a limit for the cache size . Is it a 'First-In-First-Out' system so the oldest files are going to be removed or if multiple versions of a mod are in the cache, will it remove the old versions first? Or does CKAN just stop caching files?

1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Since my CKAN cache already takes 1.6GB, I'm curious what happens if I set a limit for the cache size . Is it a 'First-In-First-Out' system so the oldest files are going to be removed or if multiple versions of a mod are in the cache, will it remove the old versions first? Or does CKAN just stop caching files?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/2536

The algorithm to purge cache files will delete, in order:

1. Files that do not correspond to any download in the registry (mods that you downloaded before their URLs changed, such as old *** malicious site we no longer use *** files)
  2. Files that are in the registry but are not compatible with any of your game instances (mods that you downloaded when you were using old game versions)
  3. Files that are compatible with at least one of your game instances

Within each subgroup, files are deleted in age order, oldest first. Deletion stops once the total cache size falls under the limit. Both the main configurable cache folder and the legacy per-instance caches are checked and purged together according to the above rules, and we compare the sum of their sizes to the limit to determine compliance.

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Typically this is because of dependencies. In this case, Firespitter is not updated.

Spoiler

lvRixKA.png

Okay, thanks a lot for clearifying that. Haven't used CKAN in a while. I've been pretty much absent from the game for the last year and am just starting again with updating everything. 

I was playing around with CKAN with a small number of mods installed.  Saved the set of mods installed (19), cleared out all mods for some settings.cfg adjustment, then reinstalled from the .ckan created.  It only reinstalled 8 of the 19 mods.

Here's the .ckan originally backed up.

Spoiler

{
	"kind": "metapackage",
	"abstract": "A list of modules installed on the v1.6.1E+mods KSP instance",
	"name": "installed-v1.6.1E+mods",
	"license": "unknown",
	"version": "2019.01.28.11.40.06",
	"identifier": "installed-v1.6.1E+mods",
	"spec_version": "v1.6",
	"recommends": [
		{
			"name": "GCMonitor"
		},
		{
			"name": "KSP-AVC"
		},
		{
			"name": "MemGraph"
		},
		{
			"name": "ExceptionDetectorUpdated"
		},
		{
			"name": "Toolbar"
		},
		{
			"name": "ModuleManager"
		},
		{
			"name": "PortraitStats"
		},
		{
			"name": "CommunityTraitIcons"
		},
		{
			"name": "ClickThroughBlocker"
		},
		{
			"name": "ToolbarController"
		},
		{
			"name": "KEI"
		},
		{
			"name": "MagiCore"
		},
		{
			"name": "PatchManager"
		},
		{
			"name": "Wwwwwwwww"
		},
		{
			"name": "TreeToppler"
		},
		{
			"name": "SensibleScreenshot"
		},
		{
			"name": "DatedQuickSaves"
		},
		{
			"name": "WorldStabilizer"
		},
		{
			"name": "ZeroMiniAVC"
		}
	]
}

And here's the .ckan of the mod state after reinstalling with that .ckan.  I confirmed manually the 8 mods mentioned here are listed as reinstalled.

Spoiler

{
	"kind": "metapackage",
	"abstract": "A list of modules installed on the v1.6.1E+mods KSP instance",
	"name": "installed-v1.6.1E+mods",
	"license": "unknown",
	"version": "2019.01.29.03.47.32",
	"identifier": "installed-v1.6.1E+mods",
	"spec_version": "v1.6",
	"recommends": [
		{
			"name": "PortraitStats"
		},
		{
			"name": "ToolbarController"
		},
		{
			"name": "KEI"
		},
		{
			"name": "SensibleScreenshot"
		},
		{
			"name": "DatedQuickSaves"
		},
		{
			"name": "CommunityTraitIcons"
		},
		{
			"name": "ClickThroughBlocker"
		},
		{
			"name": "MagiCore"
		}
	]
}

48 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I was playing around with CKAN with a small number of mods installed.  Saved the set of mods installed (19), cleared out all mods for some settings.cfg adjustment, then reinstalled from the .ckan created.  It only reinstalled 8 of the 19 mods.

I had module manager installed manually. Ckan shows it as AD. I wanted to get it installed through ckan since I have all my other mods installed this way. Ran into a pretty big problem I don't know how to solve. I manually deleted all module manager files from GameData. Then refreshed ckan. Then clicked the box to install module manager. Woah, got a list showing over 20 mods I have to uninstall to get module manager installed. I sure don't want to do this. How do I get around this issue? Thanks

Edited by MikeO89