CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

2 hours ago, Mechnech046d said:

Hi all i ma new to KSP and i keep CKAn in post as a must have but every time i click a link to take me to CKAN it sends me to a 404 page. where do i find the latest version  and if on git hub maybe some instructions on how to dl?I as i can never manage github at all. (total NOOB here, Sorry) Thanks in advance.

First line in the first message in this thread. Amd welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Hello. I downloaded ckan.dmg for my macbook air (high sierra) and it says that it needs to be updated (the ckan app). Can someone do something with this please?

I suspect that's your OS warning you that it plans to deprecate 32-bit software. Just click past it.

43 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I suspect that's your OS warning you that it plans to deprecate 32-bit software. Just click past it.

MacOS seems not to allow me to open it. It just hops on the hotbar but doesn’t open.

8 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

MacOS seems not to allow me to open it. It just hops on the hotbar but doesn’t open.

Does it still give you the message about "needs to be updated"? Someone might be able to help you if you can share it with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Could the CKAN repository please be updated for Kethane Mining version 0.10.2? I really like using CKAN for keeping me up-to-date, but have noticed it has missed the update to Kethane Mining. Thanks!

Edited by GJNelson

5 hours ago, GJNelson said:

Could the CKAN repository please be updated for Kethane Mining version 0.10.2? I really like using CKAN for keeping me up-to-date, but have noticed it has missed the update to Kethane Mining. Thanks!

Done. Thanks for bringing it to us.

Hey All,

I clicked on the link in the first post and I got a 404 error. In fact, I tried to click on each of the links in that first post and got the same github 404 error each time. 

If you have any insight into what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, seekercuz said:

I clicked on the link in the first post and I got a 404 error. In fact, I tried to click on each of the links in that first post and got the same github 404 error each time. 

If you have any insight into what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

They're working fine for me. Are you behind a firewall that blocks github.com?

3 hours ago, seekercuz said:

Hey All,

Thank you very much.

GitHub had an outage earlier: https://www.githubstatus.com/

Everything should be working again by now.

Edited by DasSkelett

i can't figure out how ckan works, I have used it before but after installing KSP and trying CKAN again I can't make it work. I can't figure out how to add repo. https://imgur.com/a/hqgQpQc I tried pressing the: new KSP instance button but I have no clue what to select as it wants me to select an txt file. Someone who can help me out?  

Edited by rowns

18 minutes ago, rowns said:

i can't figure out how ckan works, I have used it before but after installing KSP and trying CKAN again I can't make it work. I can't figure out how to add repo. https://imgur.com/a/hqgQpQc I tried pressing the: new KSP instance button but I have no clue what to select as it wants me to select an txt file. Someone who can help me out?  

You need to select either the `buildID.txt` or the `buildID64.txt` in your KSP folder.

I think that I found an issue in the CKAN (NetKAN ?) indexer while figuring out why MechJebForAll download an old version for KSP 1.7+.

For versions 1.3+ of the mod (since linuxgurugamer adoption) the AVC version file only set a KSP min version but it look like the indexer pull the max version from SpaceDock instead of adding something like 1.9.99 (that we can see in some mods).
As version 1.2 (from creator) is flagged as compatible with any KSP version, it is then installed.

Unrelated question but I didn't found in the doc how could I mark a mod as being compatible with any KSP version (I mean ksp_version = "any" in ckan file) via AVC file. I could set 1.9.99 as max version but who knows, we may have a KSP 2.0 one day maybe :)

5 minutes ago, Gurki said:

I think that I found an issue in the CKAN (NetKAN ?) indexer while figuring out why MechJebForAll download an old version for KSP 1.7+.

Not an issue with the indexer, just sloppy metadata over time.

it look like the indexer pull the max version from SpaceDock

Yup, using the game version from SpaceDock is important for a high percentage of mods. This has been a frequent topic of conversation with LGG, initally here:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7166#issuecomment-487130814

instead of adding something like 1.9.99 (that we can see in some mods).

For the record, the indexer never adds that itself. That comes from mods with that value in their .version files.

As version 1.2 (from creator) is flagged as compatible with any KSP version, it is then installed.

I'll take a look.

Unrelated question but I didn't found in the doc how could I mark a mod as being compatible with any KSP version (I mean ksp_version = "any" in ckan file) via AVC file. I could set 1.9.99 as max version but who knows, we may have a KSP 2.0 one day maybe :)

I think you can leave out the KSP_VERSION, KSP_VERSION_MIN, and KSP_VERSION_MAX properties.

LGG told me to put it here :/

5 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I think you can leave out the KSP_VERSION, KSP_VERSION_MIN, and KSP_VERSION_MAX properties.

That also what I think but I didn't want to submit a "testing-versionning-stuff" mod to CKAN :D

1 hour ago, eeeeeeee said:

Is there a video or something in how to install a mad via CKAN i just got CKAN but the the on the wiki on how to use it its confusing is there a better way of understanding how to install a mod via ckan?

Where exactly do you have problems? We can help you here too (or in our new Discord server if you want).

Video-wise, there might be a few on YouTube, just search for 'KSP install mods CKAN' or alike. But keep in mind that some of them are quite dated and some things don't necessarily work the same anymore.

Also just to make sure, you looked at this paragraph in our wiki? That should explain the bare basics.

Edited by DasSkelett

27 minutes ago, eeeeeeee said:

So i did take a look at the wiki but it was to confusing for me is there a chance you could help me? Or is there help on the discord server?

Yeah, as I said, feel free to ask questions here in this forum thread or in Discord. We'll be happy to answer them.
Just tell us where exactly you can't get further.