CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

5 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

I guess I'm not the only one who's receiving;

Error in auto-update:
Downloading using cURL failed

right?

Nope.

I mean, I don't know if you're not the only one but I'm not getting this error.  Try refreshing.

Edited by Brigadier

Hello,

There are a bunch of mods updated by their authors but CKAN is not enlisting the updated versions, I believe there's an on going issue with curseforge at the moment (?).

I downloaded the new mod files and tried to import to CKAN, to see if it would update them from manually downloaded files, but it didn't. :(

My question is; if I manually update those mods, which were installed using CKAN, would CKAN detect the updated versions once they're listed, or would doing that brake things?

I know manually altering files defeats the whole purpose of having CKAN in the first place, but I really want to update those mods...

Edited by Problemless Mods Wanter
fixed typo

Hi,

For some reason NetKAN bot didn't catch my Chatterer updates (v0.9.98 for KSP1.8 and v0.9.97 for KSP1.7.x) yesterday.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/Chatterer.netkan

My other mod update for LCDLaunchCountDown worked flawlessly tho 

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/LCDLaunchCountDown.netkan

Should I do something ? Thx.

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

Hi, @HebaruSan . I fixed the Issue #81 you opened, but forgot to advise.

There's something else I need to do?

You'll need to upload a new release or update the current one with a syntactically valid .version file for it to be indexed.

6 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

There are a bunch of mods updated by their authors but CKAN is not enlisting the updated versions, I believe there's an on going issue with curseforge at the moment (?).

Yes, CurseForge URLs are currently working for browsers but being blocked for non-browser clients like CKAN or Netkan (or wget), which is preventing us from finding new versions (and probably from installing them if they could be indexed). Investigation ongoing here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7446

6 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

My question is; if I manually update those mods, which were installed using CKAN, would CKAN detect the updated versions once they're listed, or would doing that brake things?

No, CKAN would not figure that out. You would need to manually uninstall and then re-install with CKAN once the updates are available in CKAN.

4 hours ago, Athlonic said:

For some reason NetKAN bot didn't catch my Chatterer updates (v0.9.98 for KSP1.8 and v0.9.97 for KSP1.7.x) yesterday.

The bot that looks for mod updates has been completely revamped in the past 5 weeks or so, and we are still working out some kinks. It seems to be doing incomplete passes at the moment. This just started within the last day or so, so we don't know the cause yet, but we'll be looking into it.

http://status.ksp-ckan.space/

5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

You'll need to upload a new release or update the current one with a syntactically valid .version file for it to be indexed.

SpaceDock is allowing me to delete the Release and then upload a new one. But then I'm still downloading the deprecated binary. The old is cached somewhere there. I will release a .9.

— — FEED BACK — — 

I just checked on CKAN-meta the entry for the latest TS, as well noticed some downloads from SpaceDock.

Thanks for the heads up, and sorry for the trouble.

— — — — — — — — — 

5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Yes, CurseForge URLs are currently working for browsers but being blocked for non-browser clients like CKAN or Netkan (or wget), which is preventing us from finding new versions (and probably from installing them if they could be indexed).

I browse without cookies and with javascript disabled. I realized that I could not get into the https://spacedock.info/mod/<nnn>/<name>#changelog URL with javascript disabled.

Edited by Lisias
feedback

On 10/16/2019 at 9:39 AM, Rudolf Meier said:

I haven't tried this specific combination, but I don't see why it shouldn't.

You can say in general, that KJRn is working when other KJR's work.

Thank you!

On 10/16/2019 at 12:38 PM, N3N said:

Hello,

OK, than I have to wait for an update of the mod or at least of the metadata, right?

Or is there something I can do or help with it?

And thank you for your help!

Sorry for the long wait. We did a metadata update: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/7441
Now CMES should no longer force you to install KJR Continued, thus no conflict anymore. Can you try it?

Cached mod list.....

I currently have 548 mods "cached" in my CKAN/downloads folder. But the CKAN program only shows 175 mods cached. It only shows the latest version of a mod, if multiple versions have been downloaded. (for instance I have 7 versions of RLAReborn downloaded. version .3, .5, .6, .7, .8, .9, .10)

So if I want to start pruning down my downloaded files by deleting the older versions, its a bit hard to see what I have (Due to Windows sucky search filter/sorting options, but that is exacerbated by CKAN appending a serial number to the beginning of the file names so they cant be sorted alphabetically.) 

Can we get some way of indicating in CKAN what other versions we have besides the newest, in the CKAN/downloaded folder?

Edited by BlackHat

ckan file question. I want to release builds of CustomBarnKit 1.1.20.0 (currently available for 1.8 only) for previous KSP versions. What would be the best way to do it ? Do I append something to the mod_version, do I use the epoch or something else that I missed in the spec ? Could I have different .ckan with the same version but different link and ksp_version specs ?

39 minutes ago, sarbian said:

ckan file question. I want to release builds of CustomBarnKit 1.1.20.0 (currently available for 1.8 only) for previous KSP versions. What would be the best way to do it ? Do I append something to the mod_version, do I use the epoch or something else that I missed in the spec ? Could I have different .ckan with the same version but different link and ksp_version specs ?

Will it be the same build which is then compatible with all those versions, or will it be different builds each compatible with a specific KSP version?

The first one would be easy, just change the (remote) .version file to include the previous KSP versions too. But I suspect you mean the second case...

Then you need to give them different version numbers. You are currently appending a ".0" to each mod version without counting it up. You could use that to indicate the different builds.
As long as each build has its own KSP version range, not overlapping with the one of another release, CKAN will install the right one.

So your .version files could look like this (shortened a bit, and each part should be included in a different build):

// .version file included in the first build, with version number 1.1.20.1 for KSP 1.6.x
{
    "VERSION":{
    	"MAJOR": 1,
    	"MINOR": 1,
    	"PATCH": 20,
        "BUILD": 1
    },
    "KSP_VERSION": {
        "MINOR": 6
    }
}
// .version file included in the second build, with version number 1.1.20.2 for KSP 1.7.x
{
        "BUILD": 2
    },
        "MINOR": 7
    }
}
// .version file included in the second build, with version number 1.1.20.3 for KSP 1.8.x
{
        "BUILD": 3
    },
        "MINOR": 8
    }
}

The zips on Jenkins also should be named accordingly, with the different "BUILD" number.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:56 PM, BlackHat said:

Cached mod list.....

I currently have 548 mods "cached" in my CKAN/downloads folder. But the CKAN program only shows 175 mods cached. It only shows the latest version of a mod, if multiple versions have been downloaded. (for instance I have 7 versions of RLAReborn downloaded. version .3, .5, .6, .7, .8, .9, .10)

So if I want to start pruning down my downloaded files by deleting the older versions, its a bit hard to see what I have (Due to Windows sucky search filter/sorting options, but that is exacerbated by CKAN appending a serial number to the beginning of the file names so they cant be sorted alphabetically.) 

Can we get some way of indicating in CKAN what other versions we have besides the newest, in the CKAN/downloaded folder?

The cache is not intended to be managed by hand. It has a well thought out cleaning mechanism built in IMHO, just set the upper size limit: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/2536

Edited by DasSkelett

57 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Hey all, a few of you already noted the issues with downloading and indexing mods from CurseForge.
I've got some news: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7446#issuecomment-548458430

Now, when true root of the issue is identified, there is some hope that it will be fixed. Or use other alternative, as most of mods are available on github, if someone don't want to bother with spacedock.

Sorry in advance if the whole read-out doesn't go here. I get this error whenever I try to open CKAN. Just started happening. Tried deleting and reinstalling. Thank you

Unhandled exception:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unterminated string. Expected delimiter: ". Path 'available_modules.CommunityCategoryKit.module_version['2.0.0.0'].resources.homepage', line 84578, position 17463693.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringIntoBuffer(Char quote)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Load()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.LoadOrCreate()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor(String path, KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance(KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, KSPManager mgr, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, KSPManager manager, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.RunSimpleAction(Options cmdline, CommonOptions options, String[] args, IUser user, KSPManager manager)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute(KSPManager manager, CommonOptions opts, String[] args)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

8 hours ago, mcmartin091 said:

Sorry in advance if the whole read-out doesn't go here. I get this error whenever I try to open CKAN. Just started happening. Tried deleting and reinstalling. Thank you

Your KSP/CKAN/registry.json file is corrupted. Rename it and try again.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, HebaruSan said:

Your KSP/CKAN/registry.json file is corrupted. Rename it and try again.

Thank you. That worked in getting the program to start. It did however make all of my mods look weird. In some cases it would show the 'AD" for 17 installed mods. I knew i had more than that, at least 33 or so. So finally I went and cleared out my Game Data folder and re-downloaded them from my cache. Anyways, just wanted to put that out there for others that might run into the same thing. Thanks again.

Any Ideas????

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at CKAN.Registry.LatestAvailable(String module, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version, RelationshipDescriptor relationship_descriptor)
   at CKAN.Registry.LatestAvailableWithProvides(String module, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version, IEnumerable`1 available_for_current_version, RelationshipDescriptor relationship_descriptor)
   at CKAN.Registry.allDependenciesCompatible(CkanModule mod, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version, CkanModule[] modules_for_current_version)
   at CKAN.Registry.Available(KspVersionCriteria ksp_version)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated, List`1 mc)
   at CKAN.Main.PostInstallMods(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3921.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.24.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.24.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3921.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3921.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:07 AM, mcmartin091 said:

It did however make all of my mods look weird. In some cases it would show the 'AD" for 17 installed mods. I knew i had more than that, at least 33 or so.

Yes, the registry.json file stores the information about which mods you have installed. When it is corrupted, that information is lost.

1 hour ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Any Ideas????

No, but if you file a bug report we could try to investigate:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new/choose

59 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

I just had what I suspected was a corrupted registry.json file, so I renamed it and reloaded. All good, but now all my mods show up as AD. Is there any way to correct that? E.g. a quick find and replace in the JSON file? Thanks!

See above:

18 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

the registry.json file stores the information about which mods you have installed. When it is corrupted, that information is lost.

Unhandled exception:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Unexpected end when deserializing object. Path 'available_modules.CryoEngines-LFO.module_version['1:0.4.1'].ksp_version', line 126563, position 16186493.
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ThrowUnexpectedEndException(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Object currentObject, String message)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   bei CKAN.RegistryManager.Load()
   bei CKAN.RegistryManager.LoadOrCreate()
   bei CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor(String path, KSP ksp)
   bei CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance(KSP ksp)
   bei CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, KSPManager mgr, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   bei CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, KSPManager manager, Boolean showConsole)
   bei CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.RunSimpleAction(Options cmdline, CommonOptions options, String[] args, IUser user, KSPManager manager)
   bei CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute(KSPManager manager, CommonOptions opts, String[] args)
   bei CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

Thats the Error log I get, if i start Ckan Up, Any tips?

I have now removed any other mod except graphical ones

Its still not starting