politas

CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.26.4 - Orion

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Any thoughts?

Would you mind creating an issue for this? I tried installing that mod and restarting/updating a few times, and I didn't get the popup, so we'll need more info about your setup to investigate this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this has been answered a hundred times already, but as the forum search is broken and I'm not going through two threads of a hundred pages each, I'll ask again.

Why is CKAN not displaying available updates correctly? Newest version of both CKAN and KSP. The mods in question are updated to the newest version of KSP and VISIBLE in CKAN already. It just refuses to allow me to install them, even though the version numbers match. They don't show up in the "compatible" list, which is stuck at 125 mods for 1.7. Is this a CKAN problem, a back-end archive problem, or my problem? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrobDingnag said:

Why is CKAN not displaying available updates correctly? Newest version of both CKAN and KSP. The mods in question are updated to the newest version of KSP and VISIBLE in CKAN already. It just refuses to allow me to install them, even though the version numbers match. They don't show up in the "compatible" list, which is stuck at 125 mods for 1.7. Is this a CKAN problem, a back-end archive problem, or my problem? Thanks.

Usually that's because one of the dependencies isn't 1.7 compatible yet. Notably ModuleManager, a dependency for many many mods, is still only released for 1.6. You can install such mods anyway by adding 1.6 as a compatible version:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Usually that's because one of the dependencies isn't 1.7 compatible yet. Notably ModuleManager, a dependency for many many mods, is still only released for 1.6. You can install such mods anyway by adding 1.6 as a compatible version:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

Ah, I see. That's probably it. I'll wait for MM, then. If that doesn't do it I'll ask again or try something else. CKAN is just too good to go back to hand-installing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very thank for sharing these tools. pretty convenience to manage the mod we download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have downloaded the latest version. It took me about 15min for the 7MB to download (I have a 50MB/s connection).

CKAN ran for about another 15min for downloading the repository.

Are there issues with traffic?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carraux said:

I have downloaded the latest version. It took me about 15min for the 7MB to download (I have a 50MB/s connection).

CKAN ran for about another 15min for downloading the repository.

Are there issues with traffic?

 

 

same here, yesterday i decided to get back into KSP, download of ckan was glacial slow (~5 kib/s), also all mod downloads from github. this seems to be a problem of github as i have fullspeed (100mbit) everywhere else. problem persists to today, so looks like no KSP for me as ckan fails the downloads after some time / DAYS of dl time for a few mods are counterproductive to my playingneeds RIGHT NOW haha)

 

but maybe any of the lovely chaps around has an idea what could cause the slow DL speed of github?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Carraux said:

I have downloaded the latest version. It took me about 15min for the 7MB to download (I have a 50MB/s connection).

CKAN ran for about another 15min for downloading the repository.

Are there issues with traffic?

53 minutes ago, Armarnis said:

same here, yesterday i decided to get back into KSP, download of ckan was glacial slow (~5 kib/s), also all mod downloads from github. this seems to be a problem of github as i have fullspeed (100mbit) everywhere else. problem persists to today, so looks like no KSP for me as ckan fails the downloads after some time / DAYS of dl time for a few mods are counterproductive to my playingneeds RIGHT NOW haha)

but maybe any of the lovely chaps around has an idea what could cause the slow DL speed of github?

First off, I want to be very clear that the CKAN team has no involvement with GitHub's hosting services. We're their users, just like you. If it's slow, we don't know why and we can't do anything about it. All we can do is speculate about switching to another service (which would be a huge disruption for probably about the same quality).

That said, I tried downloading all of the 1.26.0 assets just now, and each one completed before I could finish telling Chromium where to save the file, so if there was a problem with GitHub affecting everyone, it doesn't seem to have persisted.

I do know that GitHub does some throttling if you download a lot from them all at once. Traditionally that took the form of downloads failing with a 403 code, but it's possible that they worked on it and found a way to slow them down instead. GitHub does have a "contact us" link if you feel like asking them:
https://github.com/contact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

maybe i should not have called it a problem of github, as its more on my side of things, but as i said, the problem only occurs when i download something from there. i will lay low a few days and try again, maybe its just some routing issue from their servers to me/my region

 

magic occurs if you only will it enough into being! just checked if my ckan is still working or not, i found it apparently done downloading, so i tried to go on with my RP1 install and woosh, 10mb/s download speed. now i can be a happy green dude going into space :)

Edited by Armarnis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there CKAN team

I was directed here from the RO team's KJR Continued thread regarding the compatibility with Ferram4's KJR and the RO Team's "KJR Continued" mods.

The RP-1 mod has KJR as a requirement, and the KJR Continued mod doesn't satisfy that requirement, thus breaking the RP1->RO->RealFuels/RealPlume dependency chain. Only RP1 has the KJR dependency in the chain, but I cannot install the other mods through CKAN without the specifically versioned KJR installed.

Is there a way to list the Continued mod as a replacement for the dependency in RP1 to allow successful installation and upgrades within CKAN? Is that something you can do, or does it need to be done via the RP1 team, since they are at the start of the chain? Currently I have the Continued version manually installed over the top of Ferram4's release, however I will miss any notifications of updates to the more current Continued version.

The ambiguity (and arguments) about which is the "correct" version should be somewhat mitigated now, and it would be beneficial to return to a simple solution for RP1 installs through CKAN.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

Is there a way to list the Continued mod as a replacement for the dependency in RP1 to allow successful installation and upgrades within CKAN?

It's already set up that way:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/blob/901c6b539d060247b2131513b234eb4ba54c0cfd/NetKAN/KerbalJointReinforcementContinued.netkan#L27

Need to know what's actually failing for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I have an installation set up that I was about to start playing, using Ferram4's KJR. I saw KJR Continued released, so I wanted to install that before I start playing. When I select to remove KJR it automatically unselects RP1,RO,RealFuels and RealPlume, even if I also have KJR Continued selected for installation.

Should I just allow it to remove KJR and the dependency chain, then reinstall them with KJR Continued selected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of KJR continued, metadata for forum link is not proper:

It leads to old thread and if somone seek for help might end asking in wrong KJR forked thread. Speaking of those here is short summary about available KJR forks. Couold be even more that were not advertised yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am running a mac retina (early 2015 version) with Mojave OS. I installed MONO but it's not working.

When I run CKAN all I have is a small black window with commands (something like prompt of windows)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 5:20 PM, kcs123 said:

Speaking of KJR continued, metadata for forum link is not proper:

It leads to old thread and if somone seek for help might end asking in wrong KJR forked thread. Speaking of those here is short summary about available KJR forks. Couold be even more that were not advertised yet.

Done in https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/7175.

33 minutes ago, Bersagliere81 said:

I am running a mac retina (early 2015 version) with Mojave OS. I installed MONO but it's not working.

When I run CKAN all I have is a small black window with commands (something like prompt of windows)

Can you open a issue on GitHub? What CKAN Version are you running? If its v1.25.X, maybe you are encountering this bug.

Edited by DasSkelett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 5:52 AM, strudo76 said:

I have an installation set up that I was about to start playing, using Ferram4's KJR. I saw KJR Continued released, so I wanted to install that before I start playing. When I select to remove KJR it automatically unselects RP1,RO,RealFuels and RealPlume, even if I also have KJR Continued selected for installation.

Should I just allow it to remove KJR and the dependency chain, then reinstall them with KJR Continued selected?

Ahh, I see. For now, yes, remove and reinstall. Seamless substitution of dependencies is requested here:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1909

28 minutes ago, Bersagliere81 said:

I am running a mac retina (early 2015 version) with Mojave OS. I installed MONO but it's not working.

When I run CKAN all I have is a small black window with commands (something like prompt of windows)

Sounds like this issue:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2717

There are instructions for a workaround there, if you're interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Ahh, I see. For now, yes, remove and reinstall. Seamless substitution of dependencies is requested here:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1909

So I selected to remove KJR which also removed RealFuels, RealPlume, RO and RP1. Now when I select to reinstall RP1, I'm told that RO is not compatible with my version of KSP??

I literally just unticked KJR, let it uninstall what it needed to, and the error displays immediately on clicking the tick box for RP1.

CKAN-Error.png

Current installed-portable.ckan file

History installed-portable.ckan showing state before removing KJR

Now I'm not sure how to proceed, as RO doesn't even show in the list any more??

Any thoughts on how to recover?

Thanks

EDIT: Just out of interest, I select all versions of KSP as compatible from V1 onwards. Even with all selected as compatible, RO would not show up in the list. I've also made sure I have refreshed the repositories, and restarted the CKAN app, neither of which made any difference.

EDIT2: Just for more information. This install was originally made using Steam and selecting the 1.3.1 "beta". That folder was then copied with a new name (C:\Apps\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.1) so Steam shouldn't touch it, and it's not installed under Program Files. CKAN was installed by running the ckan.exe executable in this folder. The ckan download location is changed to a folder on my E: drive (HDD), otherwise settings are at default, and I have selected not to update repositories every startup.

Edited by strudo76
Moar information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Any thoughts on how to recover?

Thanks for the really clear description; I was able to reproduce this in CKAN 1.26.0 simply by installing RP-1 and uninstalling KJR. I think you're experiencing this issue:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2719

As a workaround, I was able to install RP-1 again by also temporarily uninstalling FAR. This should no longer be necessary in the next release of CKAN, which will include a fix for that issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks for the really clear description; I was able to reproduce this in CKAN 1.26.0 simply by installing RP-1 and uninstalling KJR. I think you're experiencing this issue:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2719

As a workaround, I was able to install RP-1 again by also temporarily uninstalling FAR. This should no longer be necessary in the next release of CKAN, which will include a fix for that issue.

That work around did the trick thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CKAN client v1.26.2 "Dragon" is released!

 

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e77696b696d


Changes since 1.26.0

Features

  • [GUI] Right click copy option for mod info links (#2699 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Relabel Yes/No buttons for some questions (#2737 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Netkan] Handle non-raw GitHub URLs for metanetkans and avc krefs (#2696 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Ignore spaces and special chars in mod search (#2709 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [GUI] Combine recommendation and suggestion screens (#2744 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)

Bugfixes

  • [GUI] Save restore position when minimized (#2725 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Fix home/end, url handler, typing nav, and dependency double click (#2727 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Fix size of relationships list (#2728 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Don't apply previous change set to checkboxes after successful install (#2730 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Compare RelationshipDescriptors with Equals instead of Same (#2735 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Auto size yes no dialog (#2729 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Fix Newly Compatible filter with repo autoupdate (#2734 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Throw errors happening in UpdateModsList() (#2745 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Core] Fix freeze on non CKAN files in cache folder (#2743 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Ignore dependency self conflicts (#2747 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)

Notes

  • You don't need to download AutoUpdate.exe. This is used internally by CKAN when a new version is released.
  • Windows users must have .NET 4.5 installed. Simply download the ckan.exe file and either store it in your game directory or somewhere in your filesystem where you have non-admin write access. Never run the CKAN client as Administrator!
  • Mac/Linux/Mono users: please use the new cert-sync tool, to update mono's certificate store.
  • Mac Users: You should only need to download and install the CKAN.dmg
  • The .deb file is for automated installation on Debian-based Linux distributions - Use dpkg-install/apt-get/apt to install the .deb file and you will then be able to run CKAN with just ckan instead of mono ckan.exe. All required libraries should be pulled in as dependencies.
  • This release of the CKAN has not been tested on Mono releases prior to 5.0.1. We highly recommend upgrading to the latest stable release of Mono from mono-project.com You will need the equivalent of the mono-complete package for your OS.

Comments

  • Huge thanks to @HebaruSan and @DasSkelett, who did all the hard work for this release!
  • This is largely a bug patch release, trying to sort out all the little issues that crept in to Baikonur, hopefully without adding many new bugs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

K. im not a developer and maybe im being dumb here but i would say im pretty tech savy and well........

WERE is the DOWNLOAD button in the github link ..im pulling my hair out haha!!!

I have tried downloading the exe but it wont work without the supporting files, i tried the zip but it has no exe....What is the deal with Github i hate that website with a glorious passion!!!!!!!!!!

I finally broke down and downloaded all assets individually and put them in the same folder and extracted everything i could and it worked....why why isnt there a simple download button of all assets packaged together...am i going crazy here?

Edited by DEG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DEG said:

K. im not a developer and maybe im being dumb here but i would say im pretty tech savy and well........

WERE is the DOWNLOAD button in the github link ..im pulling my hair out haha!!!

Well, there's this fairly large one:

4vwiOXX.png

But I suppose you mean in the release itself.

18 minutes ago, DEG said:

I have tried downloading the exe but it wont work without the supporting files

You want ckan.exe (unless you're on MacOSX or a Debian-based Linux). If you downloaded AutoUpdate.exe, that won't do anything by itself, as explained on the release page:

lKsR7ML.png

18 minutes ago, DEG said:

, i tried the zip but it has no exe....What is the deal with Github i hate that website with a glorious passion!!!!!!!!!!

I finally broke down and downloaded all assets individually and put them in the same folder and extracted everything i could and it worked....

That's not necessary. Just get ckan.exe.

18 minutes ago, DEG said:

why why isnt there a simple download button of all assets packaged together

Because that's not needed. You only need one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanx maybe my add blocker was blocking button? i did not have any download button what so ever and had to click the links under assets one at a time...

 

but Thanx for update on one of the most Essential mods for KSP!!!!! Now i don't have to pull my hair out 20 more times on github and can check a box and hit apply in Ckan and im off!! hahahhaha thanx again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone help me with that error?
I get it since the auto update to 1.26.2, but downgrading to 1.26.0 didn't help.
It affects all KSP instances for me (old saves going back til 1.3.1)

o6rK9HK.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BlueTiger12 said:

Can someone help me with that error?
I get it since the auto update to 1.26.2, but downgrading to 1.26.0 didn't help.
It affects all KSP instances for me (old saves going back til 1.3.1)

o6rK9HK.png

Probably your antivirus. One of them apparently got the bright idea recently to block access to GitHub, which breaks nearly everything CKAN does. Investigation and workaround details from last time here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.