CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

Does anyone else have this file permission problem in CKAN? Some folders in GameData (sometimes they are in the "root", i.e. "GameData\folder" or sometimes they are subfolders) become locked so that you can't modify, view or remove them, nor can you even change ownership (via Windows Explorer or takeown). It seems to happen randomly but increasingly often (I removed one such folder yesterday and now I have two). CKAN crashes when encounters such folders and the only solution I found is to reboot in safe mode and delete them manually.

I'm not sure it's a CKAN issue as this thing seems to have happened outside GameData on one or two occasions. But I wonder if it's just me or if it's a real problem.

Hi, all of a sudden I'm getting this error:

[EDIT] I seems to have solved the problem by following the instructions in the cmd prompt.

Unhandled exception:
CKAN.Kraken: Error trying to parse "c:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program\CKAN/GUIConfig.xml": Root element is missing.. Try to move it out of the folder and restart CKAN.
   at CKAN.Configuration.LoadConfiguration(String path)
   at CKAN.Configuration.LoadOrCreateConfiguration(String path, String defaultRepo)
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui(GuiOptions options, String[] args)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args) 

rR9wFK.png

Tried running as admin and re-downloading the most recent version.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
LittleJoe

Edited by LittleJoe

Threw this error at me repeatedly. Deleted old CKAN and directories, reinstalled.  Same error. Deleted all my addons, back to baseline (backed up before of course), same error. Win10-64. Haven't done anything to change my setup.  It blows up when updating repository data.  Also, when I try tin install from a .ckan file containing the exported list of my mods, it basically doesn't do anything; gives me a checkbox next to a single item (the .ckan saved file), go to apply changes, and that's all that is listed instead of all the mods, and clik apply and nothing happens except that it goes back to the manage mods tab.  I don't know the internals, but it looks like it is timing out during the refresh at this time.

Basically my CKAN client is inoperative at this point.

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.MainModInfo.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.set_CurrentCell(DataGridViewCell value)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   at CKAN.Util.Invoke[T](T obj, Action action)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated)
   at CKAN.Util.Invoke[T](T obj, Action action)
   at CKAN.Main.PostUpdateRepo(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///F:/CKAN/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Murdabenne
clarification

On 1/31/2017 at 9:09 PM, Murdabenne said:

Update needed - still shows as 1.1.3, 1.2+ available for some time now - just updated again. Also the entry for it points to the old thread, which was one of the o0nes some Squad moderator permanently deleted.  Here is the addon and new thread.

and also its dependency

https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/tree/master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools

I submitted pull requests to fix syntax errors in the version files, but they were closed without merging because this mod author wishes to be de-listed from CKAN.

https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/pull/7

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for me to ask this since it's been a while since I have played KSP but I recently downloaded CKAN and I can't download most of the mods with a similar error to this: "Failed to download "https://spacedock.info/mod/234/[x] Science!/download/v5.4" - error: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."

When I check the spacedock.info seems to be down and has been for the past 3 days. I'm wondering if this is an issue that I just have to wait or if it's a currently problem that will get patched out of ckan. I believe I have the latest version of ckan (v.1.22.1-0-g174271a).

Thanks for the help.

KSP 1.2.2

CKAN v1.22.1 Georgy is failing to download Stock Visual Enhancements from GitHub.  When I browse to the address displayed in the CKAN Error! dialog (https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/download/1.1.21/SVE.HR.1.1.21.zip), I get a 404 error.  Default Metadata repository has not been changed.

I'm not sure where is best to report this.

Gettting a Bug, used CKAN to install all my mods this time around. Encountering this with only one mod (KWRocketry), this happens when I  select to update the mod. Getting an unhandled exception, here's the details from the dialogue.

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.PathErrorKraken: c:/program files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KWRocketry is already absolute
   at CKAN.KSPPathUtils.ToAbsolute(String path, String root)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.<AddParentDirectories>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String dir)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__16`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.UnionWith(IEnumerable`1 other)
   at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddParentDirectories(HashSet`1 directories)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Uninstall(String modName)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddRemove(IEnumerable`1 add, IEnumerable`1 remove, Boolean enforceConsistency)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, NetAsyncModulesDownloader netAsyncDownloader, Boolean enforceConsistency)
   at CKAN.Main.WasSuccessful(Action action)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
ckan
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dylan/Desktop/ckan%20(1).exe
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, HebaruSan said:

I submitted pull requests to fix syntax errors in the version files, but they were closed without merging because this mod author wishes to be de-listed from CKAN.

https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/pull/7

"Heads will roll"!  Wow, does that author drama much? Thanks for the effort. 

Edited by Murdabenne
reasons

1 hour ago, Murdabenne said:

FYI, appears to be some sort of index conflict going on that is keeping Roverdude's MKS from being available.

That's because RoverDude's MKS changed to depend on GroundConstruction-core, but GroundConstruction-core is not yet available because it has not been accepted yet: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/5282

@politas would be nice if you guys could take a look at that.

On 2/1/2017 at 4:51 AM, politas said:

We've said it before, and I'll say it again - There is no way to add "last updated" date for mods without completely rewriting the way we find mod updates automatically. It's not going to happen. We're talking replacing most of our infrastructure code.

Not at all trying to harp on this, or beat a dead horse----

Can mods themselves (optionally) provide the "updated" date as a property? I'd love to just be able to sort the overall list by "date" to see the freshest stuff on top of the list. If I release version blah.blah.blah of my mod, and give it an arbitrary "February 23" as a release date, then the CKAN network doesn't need to track the date internally, it's just part of the mod details. I think this could/should be included in the .version info, as well.

Edited by Beetlecat

can someone help explain how to set up ckan plz? I forget how, and its driving me crazy :P. I don't need it right away, but I would really like to finish my heavily modded mothership :(. Thanks!

Edit: I am using the windows version.

Edited by nascarlaser1

33 minutes ago, PlutoPlanet126 said:

When will Ckan be available on mac it is seriously needed

???  It is already available, but I think you will need mono installed on MAC to be able to run it. check out CKAN github page for more info.

CKAN is one of those things where you get it and use it and think it's fricking awesome..

Then it crashed twice on confirms and deletes your selection on reload so you have to do it all over again, then you consider if it'd be easier to just manually download everything.. 

Could someone please take a look at the new GroundConstruction-Core? On the Netkan status it brings a netkan-error "Module contains no files to install." So it doesn't appear on CKAN and cause of that GroundConstruction and USI-MKS is invisible.

The main netkan refers to allistas github netkan which refers to the release on spacedock.
I tried to find the cause/difference, but I don't see something wrong. Also checked the downloads/zips. Looks, good, too.

It looks very similar to ConfigurableContainers-Core, which works:
The main netkan refers to allistas github netkan which refers to the release on spacedock.

I don't get where is the problem here.

One direction I think about is, that spec_version 1.16 in the metanetkan overrides the spec_version 1.4 in the target netkan.
According the CKAN docs: "Any fields specified in the metanetkan will override any fields in the target netkan file."
On the other hand in allistas target netkan I don't see a file reference that would need a newer spec_version. But maybe I overlook something, here.

EDIT: Moment, spec_version v1.4? We don't have CKAN version 1.4, yet, didn't we? On the other hand, ConfigurableContainers-Core also has 1.4 and works. Hmm.

Edited by Jebs_SY

5 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Could someone please take a look at the new GroundConstruction-Core? On the Netkan status it brings a netkan-error "Module contains no files to install." So it doesn't appear on CKAN and cause of that GroundConstruction and USI-MKS is invisible.

I tried to find the cause/difference, but I don't see something wrong. Also checked the downloads/zips. Looks, good, too.

It looks very similar to ConfigurableContainers-Core, which works:

I don't get where is the problem here.

One direction I think about is, that spec_version 1.16 in the metanetkan overrides the spec_version 1.4 in the target netkan.
According the CKAN docs: "Any fields specified in the metanetkan will override any fields in the target netkan file."
On the other hand in allistas target netkan I don't see a file reference that would need a newer spec_version. But maybe I overlook something, here.

EDIT: Moment, spec_version v1.4? We don't have CKAN version 1.4, yet, didn't we? On the other hand, ConfigurableContainers-Core also has 1.4 and works. Hmm.

I've created an issue for that: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/5289

On 26/02/2017 at 5:50 PM, allista said:

I've created an issue for that: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/5289

11 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Hopping in to join my voice to those asking (nicely) that the CKAN folks look at GroundConstruction-Core, which is not yet appearing.  The natives are getting restless.

Got a workaround in place. Still not sure why the bot is failing, but people should be able to install, now.

Request:

Can we add to the "File" menu a "Flush" which marks all mods for uninstall. This would help large scale mod swapping like having a vanilla game; a modded but still Kerbin game and a Real Solar System all on one save.

Related: I haven't figured out how to have multiple installs on my Steam install and did once have to manually flush due to mod errors. If you know a way to do that please respond privately rather then in the CKan thread.

Unhandled exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.AscertainDefaultRepo()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor(String path, KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance(KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui(GuiOptions options, String[] args)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

Getting this error popping as soon as I boot CKAN. DL'd the latest version