CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

9 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Hi, I'm getting some very severe lag when trying to select a mod to update. The program will become unresponsive then recover a few times, then after about 45 sec to a minute the items I clicked will select.

Do you have Process Lasso installed by any chance? I have it and it caused CKAN to lag.

18 hours ago, Bizz Keryear said:

(I use English in all applications, cause translations are in most cases horrible at best and outright wrong at worst)

I blame all translation errors on my Bavarian background ;)

CKAN is free and open source, it depends on contributions made by volunteers. That means, if you spot an outright wrong translation, you are very welcome to correct it and create a pull request!

3 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

I blame all translation errors on my Bavarian background ;)

CKAN is free and open source, it depends on contributions made by volunteers. That means, if you spot an outright wrong translation, you are very welcome to correct it and create a pull request!

I would if I could ... but I managed to get into an argument with one developer ... and got banned for life from github

10 hours ago, Bizz Keryear said:

I would if I could ... but I managed to get into an argument with one developer ... and got banned for life from github

Must have been one heck of an argument!

1 hour ago, Bizz Keryear said:

Wasn't that bad ... I mean I didn't threaten to invade Poland or something ... but I also didn't used jazz hands.

24 minutes ago, Lisias said:

This happened when? Do you remember?

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but this is the CKAN thread, not the "how I got banned from X service" thread. Could you please take this elsewhere?

Getting an error when attempting to install OPM in 1.7.3.  Happens when I check the box to add OPM to pending changes.

Spoiler

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.DependencyNotSatisfiedKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.DependencyNotSatisfiedKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ResolveStanza(IEnumerable`1 stanza, SelectionReason reason, RelationshipResolverOptions options, Boolean soft_resolve, IEnumerable`1 old_stanza)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.Resolve(CkanModule module, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IEnumerable`1 old_stanza)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.AddModulesToInstall(IEnumerable`1 modules)
   at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version)
   at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>d__63.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>d__284.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3815.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.26.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.26.4
    CodeBase: file:///f:/Users/Silvia/KSP%20Mods/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3801.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3825.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

Some people in the Mk2Expansion thread are reporting a

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk2Expansion
2:1.8.6: D\Temp\tmpE01C.tmp has length 27702121,
should be 27702381
    at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule
module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
    at 
CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownload
Complete(Uri url, String filename, Exception error)

error following M2X updating to 1.8.6.

2 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Some people in the Mk2Expansion thread are reporting a

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk2Expansion
2:1.8.6: D\Temp\tmpE01C.tmp has length 27702121,
should be 27702381
    at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule
module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
    at 
CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownload
Complete(Uri url, String filename, Exception error)

error following M2X updating to 1.8.6.

I am getting the same.

I haven't thought about the whole picture yet. Maybe the idea is not that good, but... did you ever think about ideas like having multiple release version support without having to use workarounds? E.g. if you allow to have an array of $kref or if you would handle the situation in which the asset_match matches with multiple files? You could process this pretty easily by simply copying the mod and handle it as if you have multiple .netkan files. One case per $kref or asset_match.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

I haven't thought about the whole picture yet. Maybe the idea is not that good, but... did you ever think about ideas like having multiple release version support without having to use workarounds? E.g. if you allow to have an array of $kref or if you would handle the situation in which the asset_match matches with multiple files? You could process this pretty easily by simply copying the mod and handle it as if you have multiple .netkan files. One case per $kref or asset_match.

Are you suggesting something like this?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/487

36 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Are you suggesting something like this?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/487

no, it's more... that you can have 1 zip file for e.g. ksp 1.4 to 1.6 and one for 1.6 to 1.7 ... and still pack this into 1 release... e.g. with a $kref like this

"#/ckan/github/blabla/project/asset_match/myfile_v[0-9]+\\.[0-9]+\\.[0-9]+\\.zip"

and with 2 zips online named

myfile_v6.0.12.zip

myfile_v6.1.12.zip

... and then the system would some kind of loop over the process and first process the case as if it had found 6.0.12 and then the same again for 6.1.12 ... (it's just that you don't have to create 2 releases in github with the need of a 30 minutes gap and I thought, it might be easy to implement as a feature... but, I could be wrong)

or, as an other idea -> 2 different $kref in which I can ... ah now I see why you think it's the same :-) ... ok, it's similar... but for another purpose

maybe that I can build it like that

"#/ckan/github/blabla/project/asset_match/myfile_v[0-9]+\\.[0-9]+\\.[0-9]+\\.zip"

"#/ckan/github/blabla/project/asset_match/myfile_backport_v[0-9]+\\.[0-9]+\\.[0-9]+\\.zip"

Edited by Rudolf Meier

43 minutes ago, Rudolf Meier said:

that you can have 1 zip file for e.g. ksp 1.4 to 1.6 and one for 1.6 to 1.7 ... and still pack this into 1 release

Oh, I see. I can't speak for the rest of the team, but yes I personally have considered this. The problem is the tag version field in GitHub. It's required for authors to populate, and Netkan uses it as the source for the version string. Basing your data model on a required field is a good thing in that you can rely on someone else to ensure that it will always be there, and you don't have to explain it to people.

However, that field is also shared among all the assets in the release, which implies that as far as GitHub is concerned, all of those assets share the same version. If Netkan starts to go against that, then we're saying to mod authors, "Ignore the really obvious required field that's right in front of your face, and instead go and [do some weird custom thing that only Netkan supports]." Keep in mind that .version files are optional and a lot of authors still don't use them, so in the worst case scenario all we would have to distinguish those files would be their names. Do we print an error and fail in that case? Treat the filename as the version? Combine it with the tag version? Ultimately mod authors would still have to take specific measures to make their backports show up in CKAN, which I would not characterize as "without having to use workarounds".

Improved handling of backports is on the agenda in general: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN-Infra/issues/5

Hey,

It seems there is a problem with the last Firespitter update.

When I try to update, this error comes up:

ckan-firespitter.png

Maybe it has to do with this?:

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:
3 hours ago, DStaal said:

The zip is just the source code, not the compiled mod.  (Triple-checked.)

Whoops - fixed and patched!

See:

Edited by N3N

4 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Oh, I see. I can't speak for the rest of the team, but yes I personally have considered this. The problem is the tag version field in GitHub. It's required for authors to populate, and Netkan uses it as the source for the version string. ...

Improved handling of backports is on the agenda in general: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN-Infra/issues/5

ok, I see... (backwards) compatibility hell :) ... always a pain

12 minutes ago, Tyko said:

@HebaruSan with the latest update CKAN is no longer recognizing the current Kopernicus build as compatible with a clean install of 1.7.3

Thanks for maintaining this mod. If you need any other info let me know. 

As in "Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier", the name it's listed in the CKAN window?  I just updated and it's still showing as compatible with KSP 1.7.3.  I could also install it.

4 minutes ago, Jacke said:

As in "Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier", the name it's listed in the CKAN window?  I just updated and it's still showing as compatible with KSP 1.7.3.  I could also install it.

Here's what I'm seeing in the CKAN window

B6iCykx.jpg