CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

11 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Can I please have TETRIX TechTree added to CKAN?

https://spacedock.info/mod/2299

Should be on there already. SpaceDock sent us this:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/7605

11 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

This is incompatible with Simplex Tech Tree, CTT, ETT and any other tech tree.  Is there a way of flagging this on CKAN?

The first two are already covered, I'll go add ETT now.

7 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Do the CKAN installs get counted on spacedocks stats?

The downloads do, but CKAN caches downloads locally. If I install it on five installs from the same cached file, that'll count as 1 on SpaceDock.

Do you want some of those conflicts added to Simplex as well?

29 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

The downloads do, but CKAN caches downloads locally. If I install it on five installs from the same cached file, that'll count as 1 on SpaceDock.

Do you want some of those conflicts added to Simplex as well?

Thanks.

Yes please to the conflicts.

Peace.

Howdy again.  I have a new mod out...  it was to be a rerelease of simplex living but I wanted a new name.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2300/SIMPLEX Kerbalism

It needs to be installed with KerbalismCore,  but it can't be installed with KerbalismConfig. It also doesn't need CRP, but it doesn't matter if that is installed too.

Can you lovely people make those adjustments please? Thank you!

Peace.

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

It needs to be installed with KerbalismCore,  but it can't be installed with KerbalismConfig. It also doesn't need CRP, but it doesn't matter if that is installed too.

Can you lovely people make those adjustments please? Thank you!

Done!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi @HebaruSan.  I'm about to update Simplex Tech Tree to 1.11, but this update will break saves.  Is there anyway to warn CKAN users about this?

That's been suggested, but so far no one's done the work:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/837

One possibility might be to display a message via Kerbal Changelog, which we could add as a dependency of your mod:

I'm not sure whether those messages are displayed before a save is loaded, though.

6 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

One possibility might be to display a message via Kerbal Changelog, which we could add as a dependency of your mod:

I'm not sure whether those messages are displayed before a save is loaded, though.

Thanks.  I think I'll just go for an update anyway rather than have a dependency. And it does look like a in-save show rather than a menu warning.  No dpubt will upset a few peeps... the current (prior version) is pretty much up to date and is okay for 1.8.1 so I'll sit with that.  I'm guessing when (Soon!) Kopernicus gets updated many people will start new games anywho.

Does CKAN always download and install latest version in the background  or is there a requirement for users to hit Go! Or something? 

Thanks for your help as well.

Peace.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:16 PM, theJesuit said:

And it does look like a in-save show rather than a menu warning.

It used to be in save but I didn't like that - so now it shows it on the Main Menu. That's my defence against updates breaking saves via CKAN.

Edited by severedsolo

34 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Does CKAN always download and install latest version in the background  or is there a requirement for users to hit Go! Or something? 

The user has to check an upgrade box per mod or click an "upgrade all" button, then click an apply button and watch the download and upgrade happen.

I think I may need to download CKAN and have a look.  I assume then that there isn't an asterix or something that can be added to show breaking save things at the tick box if that is  the update notes above waiting to be added to CKAN.

Thanks for your help and advice everyone!

Peace.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:16 PM, theJesuit said:

Thanks.  I think I'll just go for an update anyway rather than have a dependency. And it does look like a in-save show rather than a menu warning.  No dpubt will upset a few peeps... the current (prior version) is pretty much up to date and is okay for 1.8.1 so I'll sit with that.  I'm guessing when (Soon!) Kopernicus gets updated many people will start new games anywho.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:18 PM, severedsolo said:

It used to be in save but I didn't like that - so now it shows it on the Main Menu. That's my defence against game breaking saves via CKAN.

Severedsolo's got it, sorry about that. I'll update the pictures in the main post to prevent future confusion. :)

17 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@HebaruSan , is there a way to list which localizations are included in a release? If not, may I suggest such?

SimpleLogistics now speaks English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, and Japanese.

We collect the data, but there's no UI for it yet:

"localizations": [
        "en-us",
        "zh-cn",
        "es-es",
        "ja",
        "de-de",
        "fr-fr"
    ],

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/SimpleLogistics/SimpleLogistics-2.0.3.0.3.ckan

Just now, HebaruSan said:

For the record, that data is extracted automatically from the downloads by parsing the .cfg files. You shouldn't have to do any extra maintenance to update it.

didn't know that, but when I looked at the commit I speculated. even better!

am contemplating merging into just one config file (instead of many localization.cfg) - will this affect the automation?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

7 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

didn't know that, but when I looked at the commit I speculated. even better!

am contemplating merging into just one config file (instead of many localization.cfg) - will this affect the automation?

No, NetKAN can find multiple languages in one config file without problems.