CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

@kizza42
When a mod is installed because it is needed by another mod, that column will become checked.  When that other mod is removed, the dependencies are removed (if not needed forma different one).  By unchecking that, you can remove it from being a dependency and it will remain on its own

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I'm experiencing difficulties with CKAN. Every few mods it tosses me a 403 (Forbidden). This goes on random mods of my 1.4.5 install (it did MechJeb2 once, is doing KAS multiple times, has done the GPP Textures once). It makes installation long and painful for those things that need installing via a backup site, and for those that don't have a backup, it cancels the installation.

I'm gonna install those things manually. I just wanted to let you know these mods were being difficult in 1.4.5 installs.

8 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

I'm experiencing difficulties with CKAN. Every few mods it tosses me a 403 (Forbidden). This goes on random mods of my 1.4.5 install (it did MechJeb2 once, is doing KAS multiple times, has done the GPP Textures once). It makes installation long and painful for those things that need installing via a backup site, and for those that don't have a backup, it cancels the installation.

I'm gonna install those things manually. I just wanted to let you know these mods were being difficult in 1.4.5 installs.

Sounds like #2210. GitHub doesn't like it when you download many things in parallel. Usually you can just retry the same changes and it will work eventually.

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Sounds like #2210. GitHub doesn't like it when you download many things in parallel. Usually you can just retry the same changes and it will work eventually.

I've looked over the bug page and the details on it. I'll try this with installing each of the troublesome mods individually. Thanks for the insight!

Edit: KAS is still not installing, no matter how many times I spam retry. I'll instead install it manually.

Edited by LittleBitMore
Added "edit"

2 hours ago, Wuwuk said:

Why in ckan does not have version 1.0.1 for KSP 1.7.x of the DE_IVA Extension - For All the Stock Pod IVAs! mod?

There is only version 1.0.2.

Just added it, try Refreshing in a couple of minutes. Note that you'll need to add KSP 1.6 as a compatible version manually because RPM v0.30.6 isn't supported on KSP 1.7 by its author.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

There has been some time since I used CKAN and I am unsure on how the versions and updates are working now.

One place I red that the majority of mods will automatically be compatible to new versions of KSP, but experience tells me otherwise.

How is it now. Should I just set the setting fpr compatible version in CKAN to 1.8.0 and go ahead download whaterver mods I prefer... or should I still wait for the metadata to be up to date?

17 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

One place I red that the majority of mods will automatically be compatible to new versions of KSP, but experience tells me otherwise.

This differs from update to update. A lot of mods broke from KSP 1.7 to 1.8 because of a Unity update and thus the old DLLs didn't work anymore.
KSP 1.8 to KSP 1.9 only broke a few visual mods, most others are working fine.

20 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

Should I just set the setting fpr compatible version in CKAN to 1.8.0 and go ahead download whaterver mods I prefer... or should I still wait for the metadata to be up to date?

I'd suggest to take a quick look at the last page of the forum thread for each mod you want to install that isn't shown as 1.9 compatible yet. You'll likely find either the author stating something about the compatibility, and/or others who tried it out.

Additionally, if install the mods in small groups and start + test KSP in between, it'll be easier to catch possibly malfunctioning mods.

I just tried to run CKAN to see if any mods had been updated and got an "unhandled exception" error stating "InvalidArgument=Value of "2" is not valid for "index"".  It worked fine this morning when it installed Mechjeb2 into a clean new KSP v1.9 install.  Since then I manually installed KAS/KIS which seems to not cause any issues. 

I deleted CKAN then DLed and installed it again with the same result.   I'm guessing it is something on my end causing this.  Any idea what it might be?

On 2/20/2020 at 2:28 AM, HebaruSan said:

Just added it, try Refreshing in a couple of minutes. Note that you'll need to add KSP 1.6 as a compatible version manually because RPM v0.30.6 isn't supported on KSP 1.7 by its author.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

I understand ,thank you.

Edited by Wuwuk

Clean 1.9 install, trying to install mods from a ckan mod file. Worked previously with the exact same mods and game version. Getting this error:

Spoiler

Unhandled exception (etc.).
InvalidArgument=Value of '2' is not valid for "index".
Parameter name: index.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '2' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.GetTabPage(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.TabPageCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at CKAN.ThemedTabControl.OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmReflectDrawItem(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Supposedly, an astounding 1.3 billion people can read simplified Chinese. If that group includes you, you're invited to test a translation of CKAN generously submitted by GitHub user 050644zf! Say hello here to receive a test build:

We're interested in anything that:

• Doesn't make sense
  • Doesn't fit in the available space
  • Could be phrased more clearly
  • Is formatted poorly, etc.

The active CKAN team members do not speak Chinese (as far as I know), so we can't evaluate this translation fairly, and we'd like additional sets of eyes to check it out. Thanks in advance!

Edited by HebaruSan

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@HebaruSan just a quick heads up-ScrapYard just hit SpaceDock - and probably sent a CKAN submission. Would you kindly just update the existing one to point at the new one? I just adopted it from @severedsolo; along with ScrapYard.

Thank you in advance!

You shouldn't need to worry about that, the nice thing about space Dock is that it allows you to just keep pushing releases with no changes to CKAN needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CKAN lists Firespitter Core as a dependency for Lithobrake Exploration Technologies, while it's not a dependency - it couldn't be found in the configs and there is no information about the dependency in LET's thread.

Also, the mod Fuel Tanks Plus is marked as 1.9.1 compatible in CKAN but it's not. Many users complain about its radial tanks causing major problems and the mod is officially marked as 1.4.1-compatible, not 1.9.1.

I wanted to report metadata problems on GitHub by clicking on "report an issue with mod metadata" but the link leads to the same page as CKAN-related bug reports and there's nowhere I can report metadata problems there.

Edited by Krzeszny
2nd&3rd paragraph