CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

6 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

My mod on CKAN namely, 'CollisionFX-ReUpdated' has a wrong author list. Instead of being 'VoidCosmos', it is 'pizzaoverhead', 'SlimJimDodger' and 'VoidCosmos'. Could you please fix this? Thanks in advance! :)

Why is it wrong? You didn't made the mod, you just recompiled it, not developed it. 

Hello. The mod LanderCanMk12 has wrong dependencies on CKAN (and its author didn't know it was on CKAN).

11 hours ago, MacLuky said:

I'm not sure how it ended up on CKAN, and have even less of a clue on why it should be depended on anything other than module manager. I am still running 1.8.1 but there is no reason it should not work on 1.9.

Thank you.

Having some problems with installing FAR.

Ckan V1.27.2 

KSP Version 1.8.1.2694

Far version 3.0.15.11.3/4

Fresh install no other mods, refuses to install. Trying to install the More realistic pack which won't install without FAR. I installed manually and it works in game fine but then CKAN doesn't pick it up with the "AD" so i STILL can't install the realistic mod.

I tried clean install, verifying game files, manual installation (see above) not really sure what to do from here.

Here is the error code 

Spoiler

About to install...

* Ferram Aerospace Research Continued 3:0.15.11.4 (cached)

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.15.11.4 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/@thumbs/SPH/E42.png

and try again.
Your GameData has been returned to its original state.
Error during installation!

Edited by Rough Draft

28 minutes ago, Rough Draft said:

Having some problems with installing FAR.

Ckan V1.27.2 

KSP Version 1.8.1.2694

Far version 3.0.15.11.3/4

Fresh install no other mods, refuses to install. Trying to install the More realistic pack which won't install without FAR. I installed manually and it works in game fine but then CKAN doesn't pick it up with the "AD" so i STILL can't install the realistic mod.

I tried clean install, verifying game files, manual installation (see above) not really sure what to do from here.

Here is the error code 

Reveal hidden contents

About to install...

* Ferram Aerospace Research Continued 3:0.15.11.4 (cached)

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.15.11.4 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/@thumbs/SPH/E42.png

and try again.
Your GameData has been returned to its original state.
Error during installation!

So this fix i used was;

Update ksp to 1.9.1

Install FAR with CKAN

Go back into steam and downgrade to 1.8.1

I've made a search but found nothing so I'll ask:

Refreshing or not, CKAN still show SCANsat 18.14, and even if I've installed the 20.0 by hand, it continue in showing the wrong version.
I've also edited the SCANsat.version on this way:

"KSP_VERSION":{
         "MAJOR":1,
         "MINOR":9,
         "PATCH":1

by adding the comma (,) after the 9 'cause it was missing...
Any fix that I can do about it? 

Edited by MaximilianPs

6 minutes ago, MaximilianPs said:

I've made a search but found nothing so I'll ask:

Refreshing or not, CKAN still show SCANsat 18.14, and even if I've installed the 20.0 by hand, it continue in showing the wrong version.
I've also edited the SCANsat.version on this way:

"KSP_VERSION":{
         "MAJOR":1,
         "MINOR":9,
         "PATCH":1

by adding the comma (,) after the 9 'cause it was missing...
Any fix that I can do about it?

Thanks! This is known and will be resolved in a new SCANsat release:
https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/pull/371
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72679-191-scansat-v200-real-scanning-real-science-at-warp-speed-may-31-2020/&do=findComment&comment=3794796
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72679-191-scansat-v200-real-scanning-real-science-at-warp-speed-may-31-2020/&do=findComment&comment=3794984

On 4/7/2020 at 2:13 PM, HebaruSan said:

CommunityResourcePack's author specifically maintains a version file tracking its compatibility:

It's not anyone else's place to tell him he's wrong about that. If he agrees it can be used on 1.9, he can merge this PR:

Good news, this got merged (plus another one making a different fix to the same file). Installing many mods should be easier on KSP 1.9 now.

Downloaded the latest release (v1.27.2, CKAN.exe), moved it into my steam KSP directory and double clicking to start. Nothing happens. .Net 4.5 is installed. What gives? (Win10)

Edited by Tyoi

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

From that description, no idea. Did you try running it from another folder?

Yes, and also earlier versions of ckan, none of them seem to do anything, not even an pop-up or something indicating it tries to start but crashes.

And then I thought of the standard blocking windows puts on .exe files you download. Right click, properties, unblock. Argh...

Thanks for replying though!

18 minutes ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

Why is CKAN running in Terminal for me? (I'm running Mac on 10.15, if that affects anything)

Yes, that's exactly the reason. macOS droppen 32-Bit support with Catalina, which is need for Mono's WinForms implementation (the thing needed for the GUI) to work.

See this pull request for more information.

42 minutes ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

Will Mono (or CKAN) be updated? I really would prefer to not have to use the arrow keys to navigate.

It is unfortunately very unlikely that Mono will be updated, you can read up and follow the discussion about that here.

We do have planned to somehow restore the GUI functionality on macOS, however it is not yet decided how.
This is even more difficult since we don't have any macOS user in the dev team. A few macOS devs tried out programming different concepts for a new GUI, however nothing came up there yet.

So we definitely didn't forget all you macOS users, but so far, we don't have any solution, unfortunately.

On 6/10/2020 at 3:21 PM, DasSkelett said:

It is unfortunately very unlikely that Mono will be updated, you can read up and follow the discussion about that here.

We do have planned to somehow restore the GUI functionality on macOS, however it is not yet decided how.
This is even more difficult since we don't have any macOS user in the dev team. A few macOS devs tried out programming different concepts for a new GUI, however nothing came up there yet.

So we definitely didn't forget all you macOS users, but so far, we don't have any solution, unfortunately.

Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for working on it! CKAN has been super useful!

Hi I thought i should provide some feel good feedback.

For some reason (probably mental illness, or some other mental blindspot) I had not used Ckan until recently (blush) and managed everything by hand.... (puffs out chest)

hence I did it all really badly (was often way out of date). Rather obviously now that i use Ckan, My local KSP is all sweet shiny new and as up to date as i choose to be. (at minimal effort)

but I am moving onto the next level, (developer 101, where I fork some mods and use/test those instead. Then develop a mod I have feature specced out (on the downlow/QT/ had on the backburner for a year or two)

and I was stuck at "yeah but how do I manage that" (and can I be bovered with the over head to the relative fun of coding, or should I just write a better KOS launch scrip... I am sure I can circualrise at 73k for less fuel).). 

Then I Found mechjebs example of a dev Mod using ckan...

but then I got to your documentation....

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/blob/master/Spec.md

and I know you cant test that. (how >effective< is your documentation at fulling its use case.)  You can make it definitive, complete, and whatever, but will it meet the self help needs of a naive but informed user is a thing you cant test, as you are no longer one of those, and you don't have any lying around.

I am such person (a naive but highly informed user), and yes I am seriously confident and assured i can make ckan meet all my new dev needs. And note the assurance is probably the more important measure than whether or not i later get tripped up by a detail at some point.

The documentation has met its primary function of informing a naive user (me) enough to let them proceed forward with confidence and purpose.

Its done so (for me, an eats code for breaky developer) so well, I felt the need to comment.  (AKA excrements hot, comment worthy work)

<me: runs off to play with some code (new toys)>

On 6/10/2020 at 3:21 PM, DasSkelett said:

I'm happy to test from my Catalina-running Mac.

13 minutes ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

I'm happy to test from my Catalina-running Mac.

While more volunteers in any role are always appreciated, the specific need that DasSkelett is talking about is for Mac programmers who know C#; without them, there are no changes to test. If that's you, here are a few introductory documents to help with getting started:

4 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

While more volunteers in any role are always appreciated, the specific need that DasSkelett is talking about is for Mac programmers who know C#; without them, there are no changes to test. If that's you, here are a few introductory documents to help with getting started:

I don't know C#, so currently, I won't be able to help any more than playtesting. But I will learn it.

Edited by MoonstreamInSpace

Quick question: what does it mean when a file in the NetKAN repository is named with ".frozen"? None of the documentation links on the repository mention this (as far as a fulltext search leads me to believe).

23 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

Quick question: what does it mean when a file in the NetKAN repository is named with ".frozen"? None of the documentation links on the repository mention this (as far as a fulltext search leads me to believe).

It means that our bot doesn't check the mod for new releases. You should still be able to install past releases.

We freeze mods mainly for these three reasons:
1) The source where we indexed the mod from has been deleted (e.g. the SpaceDock entry or the GitHub repo).

2) The mod hasn't seen a new release for 3 years. In this case the mod is probably unmaintained and we likely won't see any new releases in the future.
We do this automatically nowadays, see here (although it doesn't really work currently, but that's a different problem).

3) Its inflation fails for a long time (months) and it is unlikely that the author will create a new release to fix the problem in the future (i.e. the mod is unmaintained).
Normally we try to make the author aware of the problem first and make sure that the author has indeed moved on/the author doesn't maintain the mod anymore.
A lot of mods we froze this year and last year were mods hosted only on CurseForge, which we are no longer able to index due to Curse blocking our netkan bot, the CKAN client and other tools that look like bots to them (more information).