CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

7 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Nope. Still stuck. Walked through the steps and again all it outputs is an empty installed mod list, I can't get past phase 1.

CKAN is really not great at taking over an existing installation with complex dependencies. It's something we're looking into, but for now, CKAN really works best if you start with a fresh game installation. If you've got a lot of mods manually installed, there is a good chance that your installation has something that CKAN believes is conflicting, so CKAN won't do anything until you remove the conflict.

uhhhhhhhhh CKAN won't start for me today

running 64-bit ubuntu 16.04

terminal output:

Spoiler

jaypee@GaiusFrackingBaltar:~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program$ /usr/bin/mono ckan.exe
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
  at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable (System.String module) <0x40a16ac0 + 0x000af> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule (CKAN.GUIMod value) <0x40a15730 + 0x0009f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CKAN.MainAllModVersions:set_SelectedModule (CKAN.GUIMod)
  at CKAN.MainModInfo.set_SelectedModule (CKAN.GUIMod value) <0x40915660 + 0x000e3> in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CKAN.MainModInfo:set_SelectedModule (CKAN.GUIMod)
  at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x40a0f660 + 0x0005b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged (System.EventArgs e) <0x40a0f5d0 + 0x00065> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetSelectedRowCore (Int32 rowIndex, Boolean selected) <0x40a0f100 + 0x00167> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.MainModListGUI.SetSelectedRowCore (Int32 rowIndex, Boolean selected) <0x40a0f090 + 0x0004f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MoveCurrentCell (Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean select, Boolean isControl, Boolean isShift, Boolean scroll) <0x407ec000 + 0x00ace> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowsAddedInternal (System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowsAddedEventArgs e) <0x40a0e1f0 + 0x000eb> in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView:OnRowsAddedInternal (System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowsAddedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange (System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows) <0x40a0d6e0 + 0x00107> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters () <0x40768670 + 0x0035f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Util.Invoke[T] (CKAN.T obj, System.Action action) <0x40768490 + 0x000c7> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Main.UpdateFilters (CKAN.Main control) <0x407683b0 + 0x000a3> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList (Boolean repo_updated) <0x409fc880 + 0x012c3> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Main+<>c__DisplayClass233_0.<UpdateModsList>b__0 () <0x409fc7f0 + 0x0001b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Util.Invoke[T] (CKAN.T obj, System.Action action) <0x40768490 + 0x000c7> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Main.UpdateModsList (Boolean repo_updated) <0x409fc6b0 + 0x00113> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated () <0x409f94e0 + 0x00193> in <filename unknown>:0
  at CKAN.Main.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) <0x409219a0 + 0x00a4b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) <0x40921750 + 0x0007f> in <filename unknown>:0
jaypee@GaiusFrackingBaltar:~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program$

halp

30 minutes ago, JayPee said:

uhhhhhhhhh CKAN won't start for me today

running 64-bit ubuntu 16.04

halp

Would you mind sharing your Kerbal Space Program/CKAN/registry.json file in a reply to this issue report?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2092

We've seen this stack trace before, but so far the conditions that cause it are not clear.

1 hour ago, JayPee said:

In the meantime, do i need to uninstall/reinstall CKAN?

I replied on GitHub with a recovery idea. If you flat-out reinstall, CKAN would lose track of your installed mods, but it might be possible to get it working again without that (and in fact, I just tested my suggestion with your file, and it did work for me.)

1 hour ago, JayPee said:

update: done

Thank you! 

I'm curious as to when an official update will be rolled out?

One suggestion for an addon, or 3rd party tool: a json and database rebuilder that scans a standing install, and incorporates as many as possible mods into CKAN managed.  Basically do whats I called  AD status, and convert them to managed installs.  This would NOT, I say again, NOT be part of the normal CKAN tool, but it might be useful for cases where the database gets corrupted and the only other alternative is to clean install KSP then re-install all apps from CKAN.  Consider it a possible adjunct utility, maybe could use the plugin interface so ti can use CKAN to do the detecting, etc.

There should be a function built in to CKAN for recovery, that basically deletes and reinstalls everything but your installed mod list.

As a note on my own DNS issues.  It seems to work fine with the KSP_CKAN_USE_CURL="1" variable so my issue is clearly an issue with either the new network code.

Edited by Ruedii

22 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

I'm not aware of any formally planned date, but I believe this is the list of in progress projects for the next version:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/milestone/14   (Ignore the "7% complete"; GitHub is just guessing.)

There are a few that are pretty ambitious, so it might be a little while.

22 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

One suggestion for an addon, or 3rd party tool: a json and database rebuilder that scans a standing install, and incorporates as many as possible mods into CKAN managed.  Basically do whats I called  AD status, and convert them to managed installs.  This would NOT, I say again, NOT be part of the normal CKAN tool, but it might be useful for cases where the database gets corrupted and the only other alternative is to clean install KSP then re-install all apps from CKAN.  Consider it a possible adjunct utility, maybe could use the plugin interface so ti can use CKAN to do the detecting, etc.

This should be the feature request for that:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2186

On my DNS issues with CKAN, it might be something in my system settings.  My system is all full of cruft and lint from 4 years of upgrades through Ubuntu revisions, so I'm going to be doing a clean reinstall soon. 

I finally have real motivation to do it, since the latest Mesa install fixes the problems I have in ARK: Survival Evolved (should for other Linux Radeon users out there.)

Trying to update mods through CKAN and all I get is an error that "sixseatMk3cockpit.module not available".  I don't even have that installed and I cleared the CKAN downloaded file and can't update mods.  What did I miss?

Is there any way to get CKAN to recognize a manually downloaded and installed dependency? I'm trying to install the Galileo pack, but every time I try to download specifically the GPP Textures file through CKAN, it gives me a 403 error (the file is from Github). I was able to download it manually through my browser, but it seems that there is no way to get it to work with the planet pack, as CKAN doesn't recognize that the dependency is already installed.

I have a question for CKAN users - Please answer this poll

On 12/12/2017 at 5:23 AM, Murdabenne said:

At this stage, I'm waiting on one small change to a PR, at which point I will put out a pre-release of the CKAN Client v1.24, which people will need to manually update to. There are a _lot_ of changes in this version, so there's a lot of stuff that could go wrong, and some open testing would be greatly appreciated.

That was my thinking when I asked - it simply seems ripe for a release.  I know there are no major structural no major functional changes, but there are a lot of small things in the change log, and that alone makes it a good idea to do a release - we used to call them a "stake in the ground" type of release, so when we finally moved to doing big additions, or functional changes, we would be working from a clean release, not a stale release with a pile of changes, bugfixes, and commits that hadn't been released yet.  It will make your next release less complex and reduce failure risk.

Good luck!

On 12/26/2017 at 5:14 PM, eragon333 said:

It'd be cool if you added history of changes to track which mods are causing a problem and etc.

1 hour ago, Murdabenne said:

Maybe a log file?

That feature suggestion recently celebrated its third birthday! :)

I take that back; that enhancement was done a while back. You can create a log4net.xml file containing various configuration parameters in the same folder as ckan.exe, and it will generate a log file for you. Whether it's useful/readable data or easy to configure is another matter, but the specific change discussed in that issue is no longer in need of attention.

Edited by HebaruSan

16 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Here's some freshly written wiki documentation about CKAN's log file capabilities:

The log file needs some tweaking to make it more useful and readable, but in the meantime it's still potentially helpful enough.

I figured there was a log file, that's what I meant to point the other poster towards looking at.  I think what possibly needed is a running journal for only the adds, deletes, and upgrades.  This way you can keep a persistent audit trail of completed CKAN actions.  call it CKAN_audit.log, and its more or less a permanent never deleted log file.

[yyyy/mm/dd]|[hh:mm]|[A|D|U]|[mod name as seen in the GUI]|version
example

2017/01/07|23:45|A|MechJeb 2|2.6.1.0||

Might also be helpful in debugging because we can have an actual list of what was installed and what order it was installed. This might also be useful for a "rebuild my app setup" utility script.

18 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

I think what possibly needed is a running journal for only the adds, deletes, and upgrades.  This way you can keep a persistent audit trail of completed CKAN actions.  call it CKAN_audit.log, and its more or less a permanent never deleted log file.

[yyyy/mm/dd]|[hh:mm]|[A|D|U]|[mod name as seen in the GUI]|version
example

2017/01/07|23:45|A|MechJeb 2|2.6.1.0||

Might also be helpful in debugging because we can have an actual list of what was installed and what order it was installed. This might also be useful for a "rebuild my app setup" utility script.

Agreed; the log file will include those actions and exclude less relevant ones at the INFO level after https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/2236, though not in the format you have above. Samples:

2017-12-29 19:19:53 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Removed RasterPropMonitor-Core
2017-12-29 19:19:53 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Removed B9PartSwitch
2017-12-29 19:19:53 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Removed RasterPropMonitor
2017-12-29 19:19:54 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Removed MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem
2017-12-29 19:19:54 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Removed CommunityTechTree
2017-12-29 19:19:54 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Removed ModuleManager
2017-12-29 19:19:54 INFO CKAN.RegistryManager - Saving CKAN registry at C:/Users/User/Downloads/FakeKSP/CKAN\registry.json
2017-12-29 19:19:55 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Installed RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.29.2
2017-12-29 19:19:55 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Installed B9PartSwitch v2.1.0
2017-12-29 19:19:56 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Installed RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.29.2
2017-12-29 19:20:06 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Installed MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem 2.4.1
2017-12-29 19:20:07 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Installed CommunityTechTree 1:3.2.1
2017-12-29 19:20:07 INFO CKAN.ModuleInstaller - Installed ModuleManager 3.0.1
2017-12-29 19:20:07 INFO CKAN.RegistryManager - Saving CKAN registry at C:/Users/User/Downloads/FakeKSP/CKAN\registry.json

Edited by HebaruSan

48 minutes ago, yannsousseau said:

Hello,

I install RSS with CKAN by following strongly all steps outlined and.. nothing happends !

Thank you for your help

The form for reporting problems with metadata is here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new

Please be sure to include detailed explanations of exactly what you did and exactly what your computer did in response.