CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

2 hours ago, Crimor said:

Is there a way to force ckan to use a cached mod that was manually downloaded? Not sure where the value that's put before each cached mod download comes from.

There is in the 1.24 pre-release:

On 1/5/2018 at 7:16 AM, politas said:

A feature that might otherwise go easily unnoticed has been added, though as yet only in the new consoleui. It allows you to add mod zip files that you have downloaded using some other tool (eg your browser) to the CKAN cache. To access it, press <F10> to bring up the menu, select "Import downloads...", and then select the directory where your downloaded files are placed (eg, your default "Downloads" directory). Any files not already in the CKAN download cache will be copied over with the correct name for future CKAN use.

Hello. Since yesterday something in Spacedock’s website has expired (at least in my country). I can connect to Spacedock using my browser and adding an exception but CKAN cannot download or update anything from Spacedock, giving an error. I’d give you the precise error if only it was in English but it should be something about trust and SSL/TLS. I’d like to know if this Spacedock’s expired thing is just a problem of mine or if it’s a common issue worldwide, and how to solve it. Thank you in advance.

Edited by DjPreside
Unintentionally used giant font size

4 minutes ago, DjPreside said:

Hello. Since yesterday something in Spacedock’s website has expired (at least in my country). I can connect to Spacedock using my browser and adding an exception but CKAN cannot download or update anything from Spacedock, giving an error. I’d give you the precise error if only it was in English but it should be something about trust and SSL/TLS. I’d like to know if this Spacedock’s expired thing is just a problem of mine or if it’s a common issue worldwide, and how to solve it. Thank you in advance.

The problem is global.  It appears that a security certificate has expired for the Spacedock site.  Nothing you can do except wait.

7 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

The problem is global.  It appears that a security certificate has expired for the Spacedock site.  Nothing you can do except wait.

Thank you for your reply, let's hope for the best.

I have a couple suggestions for CKAN.

Add an option to ignore SSL/TLS cert errors, mostly because spacedock.info doesn't auto re-new its certs, but is handy for other things, current implementation just breaks CKAN when there's no valid SSL forcing a restart of the program, which is a fairly major bug.

And a far more complex suggetion, a new way of handing addons that were installed externally

As it stands, CKAN doesn't play well when you've already downloaded something, I suggest when it detects a file already exists, it compares the MD5 for the existing file and what it's overwriting, if all files match, it adds the addon to the list of installed addons with no further user input. If they don't, give the user an option to overwrite or skip, instead of the current implementation of halt everything

Edited by viperfan7

Hi, i have problem with Spacedock mod´s download. (The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.) (ckan version 1.22.6). Can you help me? Thanks...

I do not belive I have updated CKAN in a while, and yesterday the program worked fine. Today I went to open it so I could update it and I got this error message:

https://imgur.com/a/nmiY8

When I click continue, the program only shows me the mods that have been installed, and crashes if I open the list of compatible mods.

Edited by nascarlaser1

Hi folks,

The CKAN team is very aware of the problem with SpaceDock's expired certificate:

This is a problem with the SpaceDock server, and it also affects browsers trying to visit the site. The CKAN team does not control the SpaceDock server and cannot update its certificate. The SpaceDock team has an issue report for the problem here:

For other topics, remember that ideas on the forum thread are much more easily forgotten than ones typed up as feature-suggestion issues, since there's no way to query the forum for currently-open suggestions:

Just remember to check whether the suggestion has already been made. Improved handling of manually installed mods is a particularly popular suggestion; check these issues if you have specific ideas to contribute:

It is just expired certificate, not that something is ultimately wrong with spacedock. In browser it is possible to add certificate exception and even used self signed certificate.
Once you do that, you can download desired mod from browser, save it in CKAN download folder and use new feature to detect manual downloads, so CKAN will be able to install such mod.

However, you should be familiar with certificate, how they work, before you make exception in your browser. Use that on your own risk. I doubt that it will make any harm to your PC, but on internet risk always exist, nothing is ever 100% certain.

Would be nice to have option in CKAN to make exception for certificates, to ignore error, similar to browser. With warning, of course. Being too protective towards end users can be counterproductive at times.

On 12/01/2018 at 2:16 PM, kcs123 said:

Exactly. With some luck (depending on mods used) there will be no gamebreaking changes and you will be able to continue career game on new KSP version. In theory.

In practice, however, it is always possible that some mod will not be updated properly and something become broken when you load saved game started on previous version of KSP.
But, in such case you will at least have also older version of KSP where all mods still properly work, so you will be able to finish that career game in older KSP version.
It is also good that at that point you stop updating mods on older KSP version, bcause, despite some mod claims in version file that is compatible with earlier KSP, something may go wrong.

That is reason to hold on mod updates on older KSP version until you read what mod update brings new and double check on forums if it is really compatible.

Roger :)

i'll do that way

just a thing, "finish that career", ther is an end? or you mean when you have done every thing its possible ?

No one disagrees that its spacedock's fault for not renewing their certs, just that there needs to be better error handling on CKANs side, any error turns into a hardcrash, at least add some way to avoid the error until; better handling is implemented, its likely my biggest issue with CKAN, the error handling is just awful

9 minutes ago, viperfan7 said:

any error turns into a hardcrash

I guess you don't have GitHub notifications turned on, so I'll ask here as well: Are you actually seeing the CKAN GUI stop working after a download error? When I tried it, it displayed the error message but continued working normally.

16 hours ago, Giuppa said:

just a thing, "finish that career", ther is an end? or you mean when you have done every thing its possible ?

There is no true ending in KSP, so "finish it" is more probably means get bored with it at some point and start over. Whenever someone think it does not worth to continue playtrough.
For someone it is unlocking whole tech tree, for others game just begin there and they wants to visit all celestial bodies. Everyone got different set of personal goals.

But at some point you will want to switch to new version because mods would stop to get support for old KSP and you might want to try new features of KSP and features from new version of mods.

8 hours ago, kcs123 said:

There is no true ending in KSP, so "finish it" is more probably means get bored with it at some point and start over. Whenever someone think it does not worth to continue playtrough.
For someone it is unlocking whole tech tree, for others game just begin there and they wants to visit all celestial bodies. Everyone got different set of personal goals.

But at some point you will want to switch to new version because mods would stop to get support for old KSP and you might want to try new features of KSP and features from new version of mods.

ok, i understood!! it's a very interesting simulator even without clouds kkkkkkk

On 15.1.2018 at 4:47 AM, HebaruSan said:

I guess you don't have GitHub notifications turned on, so I'll ask here as well: Are you actually seeing the CKAN GUI stop working after a download error? When I tried it, it displayed the error message but continued working normally.

On 15.1.2018 at 5:04 AM, viperfan7 said:

Yes, the GUI renders properly still but all input is ignored

Me too

If i press continu this happens  and i need to kill it in task maneger

CKAN will not start up. I provide Exceptional text (in Danish)

Spoiler

Se slutningen af denne meddelelse, hvis du vil have detaljer om,
hvordan du starter JIT-fejlfinding i stedet for denne dialogboks.

************** Undtagelsestekst **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Der blev udløst en undtagelse af typen 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken'.
   ved CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   ved CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   ved CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MakeFirstDisplayedCellCurrentCell(Boolean includeNewRow)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowCollectionChanged_PostNotification(Boolean recreateNewRow, Boolean allowSettingCurrentCell, CollectionChangeAction cca, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Int32 rowIndex)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange(DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows)
   ved CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   ved CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated)
   ved CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated()
   ved CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Indlæste assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assemblyversion: 4.0.0.0
    Win32-version: 4.7.2600.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assemblyversion: 1.22.0.0
    Win32-version: 1.22.6
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Alvin/Desktop/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32-version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32-version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_da_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_da_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assemblyversion: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assemblyversion: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32-version: 4.7.2556.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Microsoft.CSharp.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_da_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.resources.dll

************** JIT-fejlfinding **************
Hvis du vil aktivere JIT-fejlfinding, skal værdien jitDebugging indstilles
i afsnittet system.windows.forms i konfigurationsfilen
for programmet eller computeren.
Programmet skal desuden kompileres med fejlfinding
aktiveret.

Eksempel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Når JIT-fejlfinding er aktiveret, bliver alle ikke-afviklede
undtagelser sendt til det JIT-fejlfindingsprogram, der er registreret på computeren, i stedet for
at blive afviklet af denne dialogboks.

3 hours ago, Alvin said:

CKAN will not start up. I provide Exceptional text (in Danish)

Thanks, we know about that one and we've already made some changes to hopefully address it.

The 1.24 pre-release should be less susceptible to this, and the version after that, whatever it's called, ought be able to recover automatically.

Hi,

So I'm on a MacOS High Sierra and I keep running the " mono --verbose --arch=32 ckan.exe" in my terminal. it seems to launch CKAN but it immediately closes. I downloaded the newest version of mono as the directions instructed, but I don't know what else to do.

General FYI, Curse appears to have switched content delivery networks, which means the download URLs for mods hosted on Curse have changed:

The latest versions of Curse-hosted mods on CKAN are updated automatically in that commit, but older versions are probably still using the old URLs. If you happen to notice any Curse-hosted mods that fail to download (after refreshing the mod list), please let us know and we can look into updating them:

Thanks!

On 1/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, justspace103 said:

So I'm on a MacOS High Sierra and I keep running the " mono --verbose --arch=32 ckan.exe" in my terminal. it seems to launch CKAN but it immediately closes. I downloaded the newest version of mono as the directions instructed, but I don't know what else to do.

Do other mono apps work? Do other CKAN commands work, such as "mono --verbose --arch=32 ckan.exe version" or "mono --verbose --arch=32 ckan.exe help"? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I don't have a Mac (none of the CKAN devs do as far as I'm aware), so I can't investigate MacOS problems directly.