CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

I never have problems with CKAN. Except that today I'm having one.

I downloaded the program anew because it wasn't working right and now it breaks every time I try to run it. It won't start, and instead I get a message that reads as follows:

Unhandled exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.AscertainDefaultRepo()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor(String path, KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance(KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args) 

I have no idea what it's trying to tell me. How do I figure out what's wrong so I can fix it?

ETA: After futzing with things for a bit, I realized that maybe the CKAN folder that shows up in the KSP folder once it's been run once might be messed up* and so I deleted it and ran CKAN a second time.

That seemed to fix things. I'm still getting ready to ops check the game and see if it really is fixed or if I'm just whistling in the dark.

* Technical term. :wink: 

Edited by SSgt Baloo
I seem to have fixed the problem.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:12 PM, HebaruSan said:

Hi there,

Having trouble with "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."

I understood it has to do with Spacedoc, yet any answer I found was about a month ago.

The problem still exists?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, kostor said:

Hi there,

Having trouble with "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."

I understood it has to do with Spacedoc, yet any answer I found was about a month ago.

The problem still exists?

Thanks.

Yeah, just started having this problem too.

Just now, Fobok said:

Yeah, just started having this problem too.

Great to hear that I'm not alone, though sorry this is happening to you too.

I entered Spacedoc, and chrome says SSL is valid through april. any thoughts why this is happening right now?

5 minutes ago, kostor said:

I entered Spacedoc, and chrome says SSL is valid through april.

Looks like this new issue affects GitHub, rather than SpaceDock.

I see the same thing happening, no guesses yet as to the cause. I'll investigate and post updates if I'm able to figure it out. Thanks for the heads-up, everybody.

Just now, HebaruSan said:

Looks like this new issue affects GitHub, rather than SpaceDock.

I see the same thing happening, no guesses yet as to the cause. I'll investigate and post updates if I'm able to figure it out. Thanks for the heads-up, everybody.

Thank you!

Guess it's only a Murphy's law this will happen when I wish to get back with KSP after a break.

Have a nice day. 

I'm not getting that error anymore, but I am getting a new one: 

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MakeFirstDisplayedCellCurrentCell(Boolean includeNewRow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowCollectionChanged_PostNotification(Boolean recreateNewRow, Boolean allowSettingCurrentCell, CollectionChangeAction cca, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange(DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated)
   at CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated()
   at CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2115.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.22.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.22.6
    CodeBase: file:///D:/ckan/ckan.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2117.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2110.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

1 minute ago, Fobok said:

I'm not getting that error anymore, but I am getting a new one: 

Hide contents

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.AllAvailable(String module)
   at CKAN.MainAllModVersions.set_SelectedModule(GUIMod value)
   at CKAN.Main.ModList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ClearSelection(Int32 columnIndexException, Int32 rowIndexException, Boolean selectExceptionElement)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.MakeFirstDisplayedCellCurrentCell(Boolean includeNewRow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowCollectionChanged_PostNotification(Boolean recreateNewRow, Boolean allowSettingCurrentCell, CollectionChangeAction cca, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddRange(DataGridViewRow[] dataGridViewRows)
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateFilters()
   at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList(Boolean repo_updated)
   at CKAN.Main.CurrentInstanceUpdated()
   at CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.22.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.22.6
    CodeBase: file:///D:/ckan/ckan.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2117.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

A "ckan update" from the command line should fix that. Or if you'd be willing to test a possible fix for this, the current HEAD version (not available as a release yet) should auto-fix this at startup.

Would it be Possible to change how ckan names the files? I run win10, and when I want to search for a mod in the ckan folder...I have to do it by eye each time. Windows folder search feature goes off the beginning of a string apparently..so I cant search for a mod by name...but knowing 34DHC5S6 or whataever that comes first works...can we just put that part at the end of the file names instead of the beginning? If you dont know what im talking about, here are some pics to help visualize. link

any ideas? Answered very promptly below

Edited by Jesusthebird

Feature request : Quick launch button and better context display

Would you add a button on the install selector to directly launch KSP instead of needing to start the mod display ?

f327e2232ef6c737c98afcbd4fe1fbc4.png

Further more, the CKAN install name should be displayed in the main window, so we would not hesitate what config we are editing. ("Current : xxxx" in bold)
c9d363373c905d34bcc4554486c62207.png

That would be lovely. Thx

Edited by Warzouz

6 hours ago, Warzouz said:

Feature request : Quick launch button and better context display

Thanks for the screenshots! They make your points very clear.

Would you add a button on the install selector to directly launch KSP instead of needing to start the mod display ?

That probably wouldn't be too hard. What should happen to CKAN after you click the button?

• Close completely?
  • Open that instance's mod list?
  • Keep this window open?
  • Something else?

Would the answer be different if you got to the window by clicking File -> Select KSP Install... versus having it auto-open at start?

Further more, the CKAN install name should be displayed in the main window, so we would not hesitate what config we are editing. ("Current : xxxx" in bold)

The game version and path are shown in the title bar. Is it important to have the name as well?

5fKAGLD.png

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

That probably wouldn't be too hard. What should happen to CKAN after you click the button?

• Close completely?
  • Open that instance's mod list?
  • Keep this window open?
  • Something else?

Would the answer be different if you got to the window by clicking File -> Select KSP Install... versus having it auto-open at start?

Maybe first line of buttons : "Launch KSP" ; "Open Mod list" (instead of "Select")

And second ling of buttons : "Add new", "rename" and "forget"

"Set defaut" could be overridden by holding a key (shift/ctrl/alt)

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

The game version and path are shown in the title bar. Is it important to have the name as well?

5fKAGLD.png

True, but the label in the selector isn't displayed. Why is it offered to rename it ? It's not logical.

A simple explicit and visible display would be great.

16 minutes ago, Warzouz said:

Maybe first line of buttons : "Launch KSP" ; "Open Mod list" (instead of "Select")

And second ling of buttons : "Add new", "rename" and "forget"

"Set defaut" could be overridden by holding a key (shift/ctrl/alt)

Thanks, but that's not what I was asking. To review:

1. You double click ckan.exe
  2. That window pops up if you have multiple instances and no default instance
  3. You click on one of the instances
  4. You click "Launch KSP"
  5. The "Select KSP Install" popup is open in CKAN. KSP is about to start. Do we:
    1. Keep that popup open?
    2. Open the mod list for the instance you selected?
    3. Decide that CKAN's work is done and close it, since you're going to be playing the game instead of installing mods?

And then similarly:

1. Suppose you already have CKAN open
  2. You click File -> Select KSP Install...
  3. The same popup appears
  4. You select an instance
  5. You click "Launch KSP"
  6. The same popup is as before, but now CKAN's mod list is open behind it. Do we:
    1. Keep the popup open?
    2. Close the popup and leave CKAN running?
    3. Exit?

I'm just trying to flesh out how this button would fit into the rest of the application.