CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

3 hours ago, bsooner77 said:

So, I'm having a bit of an issue after downloading the new version...I start CKAN then it gives me an Unhandled Exception...Here is the details of the error:

Any thoughts? 

I'm still running 1.3.1, is that why this is happening? Any help is much appreciated...

See #2298 for details;  click Continue, then Refresh.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:07 PM, HebaruSan said:

I tried this with that mod and wasn't able to reproduce the problem. That error indicates that the downloaded file size was zero, so it's strange that you didn't get a download error instead. Possibly a temporary server glitch? In any case, I would have recommended trying again, which apparently worked.

It appears to happen quite reliably when selecting a new mod + a mod to update.

I've had this error happen three times so far. Each time I had selected a new mod and one or more mods to update.

After restarting CKAN it shows the updated mods as being done updating, and only selecting the new mod then works fine.

Hello, KSP newbie here. 

Successfully installed CKAN on my macOS Sierra today (KSP 1.3.1 via Steam), but cannot update or download mods (I do see all the mods though in the catalog). I get an error about "ProxyNameResolutonFailure", see below link. Searched the github issues, generally googled, and searched this thread, without result. Are there any recommendations you could offer?

Thanks in advance for this wonderful plugin and for any answers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm1ylikhnzubflb/ksp.png?dl=0

Edited by coralsaw
attached image

Hi, I just created a new mod hosted on Github and I'd like to get it onto CKAN

Is this something I do myself or is there a process to request it be added? I poked around on the wiki and I see a manual submission process, but from reading it, it sounds like that's a backup to some other process.

6 hours ago, Jognt said:

I've had this error happen three times so far. Each time I had selected a new mod and one or more mods to update.

Thanks for the further details, I'll experiment with that. In case it still doesn't happen for me, though, can you please note exactly which mods were involved next time?

1 hour ago, coralsaw said:

Successfully installed CKAN on my macOS Sierra today (KSP 1.3.1 via Steam), but cannot update or download mods (I do see all the mods though in the catalog). I get an error about "ProxyNameResolutonFailure", see below link. Searched the github issues, generally googled, and searched this thread, without result. Are there any recommendations you could offer?

I don't know any more than you could learn by googling it (it's handled by Mono, not by CKAN directly), but it sounds like your computer (or just Mono?) has a web proxy configured, and the settings are not valid. This might be how to check those settings, or it might be something in Mono that I can't find:

I'm also seeing some references to Fiddler. If you're a web developer, make sure your debugging setup is not turned on.

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

Hi, I just created a new mod hosted on Github and I'd like to get it onto CKAN

Is this something I do myself or is there a process to request it be added? I poked around on the wiki and I see a manual submission process, but from reading it, it sounds like that's a backup to some other process.

Thanks for contributing, I've started a pull request for this here:

8 hours ago, Jognt said:

It appears to happen quite reliably when selecting a new mod + a mod to update.

After restarting CKAN it shows the updated mods as being done updating, and only selecting the new mod then works fine.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks for the further details, I'll experiment with that. In case it still doesn't happen for me, though, can you please note exactly which mods were involved next time?

Update on this, I'm able to reproduce it every time so far, so don't worry about taking more notes. Thanks again for reporting.

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

Update on this, I'm able to reproduce it every time so far, so don't worry about taking more notes. Thanks again for reporting.

Noted, and you're welcome. (and thanks)

Edited by Jognt

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I don't know any more than you could learn by googling it (it's handled by Mono, not by CKAN directly), but it sounds like your computer (or just Mono?) has a web proxy configured, and the settings are not valid. This might be how to check those settings, or it might be something in Mono that I can't find:

Thank you HabaruSan, your remark that it was mono generating those errors actually helped me resolve it. I was not aware but I did have an automatic proxy configuration active. I disabled it and it works now. Many thanks.

1 hour ago, hieywiey said:

For me using the app here on macOS High Sierra, I always get redirected to the wiki page, but only see instructions for manually installing it with the Windows .exe file. Which should I follow?

That behavior is there for users who don't have Mono installed, but it's overbroad in the released version. There's a test build here that folks have reported more success with:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/2329

5 hours ago, Jognt said:

@HebaruSan Is there a way to flag/report mods in CKAN? There's one mod called "Show FPS" by m4v that's been bugging me. It hasn't worked for a while but keeps showing up because it's listed as "compatible with all versions".

/minor nitpick

Yes, you can report such problems via GitHub issues:

Or sometimes posting them on this thread can work as well. I'll look into ShowFPS.

On 3/17/2018 at 12:44 PM, HebaruSan said:

Yes, you can report such problems via GitHub issues:

Or sometimes posting them on this thread can work as well. I'll look into ShowFPS.

I have ShowFPS working, I’ll get a release out tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Grenartia said:

Question. Is there a reason why CKAN doesn't link to the dev threads for mods anymore?

Maybe because the developers don’t put that information into the netkan files.

CKAN only shows what is provided

Is there a way to add more sorting options? Like recently updated? i see there is a option " New in repository" but this is showing only new mods right? Just it would make life easier to search mods by recently updated.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:38 AM, Jognt said:

@HebaruSan Is there a way to flag/report mods in CKAN? There's one mod called "Show FPS" by m4v that's been bugging me. It hasn't worked for a while but keeps showing up because it's listed as "compatible with all versions".

/minor nitpick

I just released an update for ShowFPS for KSP 1.4.1

It's in CKAN and all the usual places

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, Diamond-z said:

Is there a way to add more sorting options? Like recently updated? i see there is a option " New in repository" but this is showing only new mods right? Just it would make life easier to search mods by recently updated.

Yes, there's a way to add it, if somebody programmed it.

13 minutes ago, JayPee said:

I get the following error mesage every time i run CKAN since I updated to the latest version:

"Error in auto-update:
    Error: SendFailure (Error writing headers)"

what's all this then?

We have an issue template to collect the info needed to figure out things like this:

first time ever having problems with ckan, this is the error log it generates (right before it closes)

Unhandled exception:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Unexpected end when deserializing object. Path 'available_modules.ContractConfigurator-Tourism.module_version['1.0.0'].download_hash.sha1', line 83206, position 0.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ThrowUnexpectedEndException(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Object currentObject, String message)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Load()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.LoadOrCreate()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor(String path, KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance(KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args) 

17 minutes ago, Uthgood said:

first time ever having problems with ckan, this is the error log it generates (right before it closes)

Unhandled exception:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Unexpected end when deserializing object. Path 'available_modules.ContractConfigurator-Tourism.module_version['1.0.0'].download_hash.sha1', line 83206, position 0.

It sounds like your registry file got corrupted; it's in Kerbal Space Program\CKAN\registry.json. There's a link in the post before yours to the new issue form. I'd suggest uploading it to a dropbox or pastebin site and linking it in an issue. You might be able to repair this by clicking Refresh (you didn't say how far into the app you can get), or if that fails, run "ckan update" from the command line.

i deleted the ckan registry file, let ckan rebuild it on next launch...manually deleted the mods that ckan said were not installed (from my ckan cache) and reinstalled....everything working fine now