CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

6 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Also https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Installing-CKAN-on-OSX .

Though note that there is currently a MacOSX crash bug in CKAN:
https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2595

so running the previous release is recommended on MacOSX until there's a newer one:
https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/download/v1.25.3/CKAN.dmg

And whether Mono works on MacOSX on any given day is somewhat of a crapshoot, depending how you install it:
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/issues/35848

Hi, I published my first mod a couple days ago to Spacedock and following the instructions clicked the CKAN button to get it added to CKAN. It hasn't showed up and, reading through this thread, I see there is a problem with that functionality. What do I need to provide to get my mod added to CKAN?

My mod is here:  UnKerballed Start

Thanks for the assistance and thanks for CKAN

On 2/14/2019 at 6:12 PM, Trulight said:

This is what i get when it tries to install on ckan

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk2Expansion 2:1.8.3.5: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA486.tmp has length 29581780, should be 29581777
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

There is an issue with Mk2Expansion when installing with CKAN. As reported here:

There is a pre-release of the next version of CKAN now available at https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/v1.26.0-PRE1 for anyone willing to test it out. One of the main new features is going to require some metadata tweaks to be really functional.

Please be aware that this pre-release is likely to have some bugs. Please be sure to advise when making bug reports  whether you are using the pre-release 1.26.0 or the current release 1.25.4

1 minute ago, zxczxczbfg said:

I'm having issues downloading ReStock via CKAN. It keeps throwing the error "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" and I have no idea what that means.

It's not a CKAN issue. At least, no directly. The "remote site" (i.e., the place where your running CKAN is trying to fetch data) just closed the connection on the CKAN's face.

Only the remote site owner can tell you whey this happened. Usually, this happens when the remote is overloaded and have to make harsh decisions about who to serve and who not. There're other situations when this happens, but, really, only the remote site's owner can tell for sure.

Interesting that it's happening for Restock but not Restock+ or any other mods from GitHub. I'll see if I can download it the old-fashioned way.

EDIT: Manually going over to the GitHub and downloading it through my browser worked just fine. Curious.

EDIT AGAIN: It's working now. No idea what changed.

Edited by zxczxczbfg

27 minutes ago, zxczxczbfg said:

I'm having issues downloading ReStock via CKAN. It keeps throwing the error "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" and I have no idea what that means.

15 minutes ago, zxczxczbfg said:

Interesting that it's happening for Restock but not Restock+ or any other mods from GitHub. I'll see if I can download it the old-fashioned way.

EDIT: Manually going over to the GitHub and downloading it through my browser worked just fine. Curious.

Sounds like GItHub may be throttling your downloads, which can happen if you try to download a lot from GItHub all at once (the exact details are not documented). For mods licensed to allow redistribution, CKAN can fall back to more forgiving URLs at archive.org, which works around the problem most of the time. ReStock is ARR, though, so it can only be gotten from github.com.

How will the latest change to KSP AVC's handling of wildcards for version numbering affect NetKAN entries that point to .version files for their indexing if the version file was set to something like, say, 1.6.*? 

Edited by Poodmund

7 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

How will the latest change to KSP AVC's handling of wildcards for version numbering affect NetKAN entries that point to .version files for their indexing if the version file was set to something like, say, 1.6.*?

Can you share a reference to that change? All I'm seeing is some configuration that essentially duplicates CKAN's compatibility window (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions), rather than changes affecting the file formats.

5 hours ago, Poodmund said:

The wildcards are NOT used in .version files. The upcoming feature (compatibility override) will allow you to tell AVC, that a mod is compatible, even though the .version file says something different. This is more a QoL feature to get rid of the (huge) "incompatible mod" list during game launch.

The only thing that can actually be changed in the .version file, is an additional entry to disallow the override for a mod (for mods like kopernicus).

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

I'm having a weird issue, and I'm pretty sure it's windows, but I just updated to Windows 10 64-bit and uh....can't use CKAN anymore and I've done everything I could to figure it out. So maybe asking here will help?

Here's the full error on screen:

Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'e:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\buildID64.txt' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at CKAN.GameVersionProviders.KspBuildIdVersionProvider.TryGetVersionFromFile(String file, KspVersion& result)
   at CKAN.GameVersionProviders.KspBuildIdVersionProvider.TryGetVersion(String directory, KspVersion& result)
   at CKAN.KSP.DetectVersionInternal(String directory)
   at CKAN.KSP.DetectVersion(String directory)
   at CKAN.KSP.Version()
   at CKAN.KSPManager.LoadInstancesFromRegistry()
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute(KSPManager manager, CommonOptions opts, String[] args)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

Is this a regular thing for 10? It was working fine on Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm not sure if this classifies as problem with CKAN itself, otherwise I'd report a bug, I honestly think it's windows 10 but I'm not sure.

Not sure what went wrong. I tried to post a note a few weeks ago saying that my home desktop was dead and that I would be largely offline for a few weeks. Well, with a new, faster, better computer, I'm back online!

4 hours ago, politas said:

Not sure what went wrong. I tried to post a note a few weeks ago saying that my home desktop was dead and that I would be largely offline for a few weeks. Well, with a new, faster, better computer, I'm back online!

Welcome back.

11 hours ago, politas said:

Yeah but is it "Better... Stronger... Faster"

Looks like looking back in the thread I found the answer. Unfortunate I didn't receive a reply, but understandable.

I recommend filing an FAQ to state that the "fix" (something I haven't tried yet, mind you) is to move the folder containing Kerbal Space Program out from the OS controlled folder. 

On 2/2/2019 at 7:13 PM, politas said:

Get Kerbal Space Program folder out of the "Program Files (X86)" structure. Microsoft Windows considers this structure to require administrative access. DO NOT run CKAN as ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!! It just causes more problems down the track.

Here is the fix as stated by Politas in the prior page, for individuals who have the error starting with "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path", since no one seemed to pay any note to it.

@politas I highly recommend adding this fix to your CKAN TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE. It is not there. Individuals who upgrade OS from windows, such as myself, will experience this probably due to windows making the folders into system protected folders. Windows 10 is notorious for that. 

Just as a side note, I have my STEAM installed on a separate HDD. Under that it was installed in a "Program Files" folder. After my upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, what I neglected to note was that the system had *moved* the entire folders contents into an identical folder that was system protected "Program Files (x86)". When I tried to run CKAN like normally, the error came up with "ACCESS DENIED". This has not been explained before and I hope it helps with further errors of this type.  

**EDIT**

The fix I applied was moving the entire contents (or at least STEAM) to another, identical Program Files folder without the (x86) or system protected status. CKAN now works like a charm.

Edited by Drakomis

On 3/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, politas said:

I feel you. There is almost no bigger punishment for IT people than being without proper equipment. And whenever you replacing it with new one, you spend much more than wanted because, "that" CPU/GPU/HDD model is always better and cost just slightly more than one you planed to buy/replace.

Anyhow, glad that you are able to sort it out.