CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

2 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Maybe it's just me, but I can't find a check box for 1.7.0.2483

6t8PiVQ.png

It hides the version that you have installed, since you can't un-check it. Note that 1.7.1 is missing from my screenshot.

Ah... little light bulb in my brain starts to work: if I understand you correctly, by deselecting 1.7, I can then select 1.7.0.2483, yes?

Didn't work :(

Or should I just unselect 1.7 and be fine then?

Edit: That seems to work, yes :)

My apologies for being too stupid then, sorry... :blush:

Edited by VoidSquid

Terribly sorry if this has been asked in the past (perhaps I've even asked it), but going to SpaceDock I see plenty of mods that are both updated to 1.7.1 (or any given version) and which state that they are available on CKAN. When I go to CKAN, some are there, and some are missing (and have never been there for any previous version). Does SpaceDock require multiple CKAN repositories selected? Is there a CKAN-side cache somewhere that is broken (and has been for a while) and thus doesn't update to show the availability of these mods? Or do some of the mods on SpaceDock which claim CKAN support simply not really have it? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, BrobDingnag said:

Or do some of the mods on SpaceDock which claim CKAN support simply not really have it?

This one is the most likely. The checkbox to add that marker used to automatically notify the CKAN team to index the mod, but that broke and now we have to check for them manually, and it's possible that we've missed some. We can look into it if you list the ones that you found were missing:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new

Sorry to bother you again, guys, I hope this is the right place to ask?

@taniwha just told me

7 minutes ago, taniwha said:

I don't deal with CKAN. I'm not sure who handles MFT on CKAN

Yesterday he has updated his mod "Modular Fuel Tanks"

to version 5.12.3, CKAN still shows 5.12.1 as latest version.

8 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

@taniwha just told me

Yesterday he has updated his mod "Modular Fuel Tanks"

to version 5.12.3, CKAN still shows 5.12.1 as latest version.

Thanks for the heads-up. The latest version is indexed:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/7223

And some missing versions are indexed, and the mislabeled 5.12.1 version is updated to actually be 5.12.1:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pull/1458

Not sure if this is an issue with the client or the metadata so I'm going to post it here instead of github but apparently, I cannot install kopernicus via CKAN on a fresh 1.7.0 install, even though the version list shows a compatible version:

Spoiler

p2qHgP7.png

Haven't changed anything in the CKAN settings for this install, even removed it from the list of managed mods in CKAN and deleted the CKAN folder in the KSP directory, restarted CKAN and added it again, refreshed the repository... still the same result :/

I can double click the highlighted compatible version so CKAN asks me if I want to install this version and after clicking on "install" I just get the "Success!" message in the lower left corner but nothing actually happened.

edit: just to make it clear: kopernicus seem to be the only mod which is affected by this issue, other mods can be installed perfectly fine.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

14 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

[...] I cannot install kopernicus via CKAN on a fresh 1.7.0 install [...]

Haven't changed anything in the CKAN settings for this install

There's the problem. You need to mark KSP v1.6 as compatible, ModularFlightIntegrator (a dependency of Kopernicus) is only compatible with KSP up to v1.6.9 in CKAN.

Edited by DasSkelett

Just now, DasSkelett said:

There's the problem. You need to mark KSP v1.6 as compatible, ModularFlightIntegrator (a dependency of Kopernicus) is only compatible up to KSP v1.6.9.

*bangs head against wall*

Yeah, that's it...of course I've checked the version list but not the relationships, stupid me -.-

ckan has some major issues on windows 10 I can't tell what causes it

Unhandled exception:
System.IO.IOException: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd()
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Load()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.LoadOrCreate()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor(String path, KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance(KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, KSPManager mgr, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, KSPManager manager, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.RunSimpleAction(Options cmdline, CommonOptions options, String[] args, IUser user, KSPManager manager)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute(KSPManager manager, CommonOptions opts, String[] args)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args) 

@HebaruSan Users are getting the wrong version of KIS off CKAN for 1.7. It's been creating confusion about KIS being broken. There was an API change at 1.7.1 so that the latest KIS is not backwards compatible to 1.7 and fails to load. I asked @IgorZ about it and he suggested I bring it up here.

It should be:

KIS 1.22 for KSP 1.7.1+

KIS 1.21 for KSP 1.7 only

Going back further it looks like KIS 1.19 & 1.20 should also be limited to KSP 1.7 only.

1 hour ago, Nerfclasher said:

ckan has some major issues on windows 10 I can't tell what causes it

That's your disk failing, not CKAN.

9 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@HebaruSan Users are getting the wrong version of KIS off CKAN for 1.7. It's been creating confusion about KIS being broken. There was an API change at 1.7.1 so that the latest KIS is not backwards compatible to 1.7 and fails to load. I asked @IgorZ about it and he suggested I bring it up here.

It should be:

KIS 1.22 for KSP 1.7.1+

OK, submitted https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/pull/336.

9 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

KIS 1.21 for KSP 1.7 only

Going back further it looks like KIS 1.19 & 1.20 should also be limited to KSP 1.7 only.

Has @IgorZ confirmed this? The version files for all of those releases announce support up to 1.7.99.

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

Has @IgorZ confirmed this? The version files for all of those releases announce support up to 1.7.99.

Yes, IgorZ made the version files anticipating no KIS breaking API changes in the 1.7.X series, but 1.7.1 with it's new Cargo feature forced changes in KIS that aren't backward compatible. Technically the older versions will run on 1.7.1, but they will have bugs related to the BG deployable science instruments.

3 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@HebaruSan I just realized your PR is against KIS, so nothing can be "fixed" on the CKAN side of things without @IgorZ updating KIS? I only have the vaguest ideas about how CKAN works as I've never dealt with it beyond being a user.

There are various ways of fixing 1.22. We can set up an override, but it's cleaner if the upstream source data is fixed instead (KSP-AVC checks, etc.).

The others will be handled here:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pull/1459

@politas good day, I noticed a notification for kerbalism regarding the meta data being updated, I was foolish thinking I should ignore this and did, now  checked the forum and it's updated to 1.7.1 but isn't showing on ckan and only showing to be available on 1.6.1, I think that was my doing for ignoring that meta data update, I tried uninstalling ckan but that didn't work, is there any way to fix this?

Hi. I'd like to run something by you to see what the proper/best course of action is. I'll try and be to-the-point:

1. A mod whose author has not been online for about a year has become incompatible with Breaking Ground;
  2. Someone forked it and made a new thread + release;
  3. This fork is unchanged and still incompatible;
  4. There are now two versions of it on CKAN, the old one, and the new one that is exactly like the old one;

I've fixed the mod (added a couple of characters..), am not looking forward to opening a new thread and having to deal with users, but feel like it's wrong to let Mr/Mrs Average deal with the a not working mod.

Do I do the netkan thing to get the actually fixed version on CKAN, making it 3 versions of the same mod?
Can I get the existing entry to point to the updated repo?
Is there something against tacking -continued onto a mod and 'releasing' it unchanged and incompatible on CKAN? (rule-wise, not "I'd not do that"-wise)

Any advice is welcome.

The mod in question:

My repo of it: https://github.com/Jognt/Science-FullReward

Edit: Note to self: When someone forks a mod, maybe give them at least a few hours to sort it out before assuming the worst? It's been solved in DM now. Tekaoh's a good guy.

Edited by Jognt

23 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Any advice is welcome.

What about pull requesting your fixes into the new repo? The point of creating that fork rather than just marking the old one as 1.7-compatible was to have an active maintainer who could address such things (see https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/7217). I have no reason to think @Tekaoh would be anything other than happy to take a look at such a fix.

https://github.com/tekaohksp/Science-Full-Reward

4 hours ago, Jognt said:

Hi. I'd like to run something by you to see what the proper/best course of action is.

Hello! Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to step on any toes by forking that mod. I originally intended to simply update the compatibility information for the original mod because it was stuck back at 1.4.1 but seemed to work fine for me on 1.7.1. This would have prevented users from having to use the compatibility override to install it. But after opening a PR to update that information, we decided I should fork the mod first because the original maintainer has not been around for a long time and would likely not be maintaining it.

Is the problem you've had with Breaking Ground the one with the surface goo contract that jumps way over the target and then breaks? I just heard about that yesterday and reproduced it today and intended to see about fixing it in the coming days. But if you already have, I'd certainly welcome a pull request! That way we could get it fixed up for everyone in a timely way. 

19 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

What about pull requesting your fixes into the new repo? The point of creating that fork rather than just marking the old one as 1.7-compatible was to have an active maintainer who could address such things (see https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/7217). I have no reason to think @Tekaoh would be anything other than happy to take a look at such a fix.

https://github.com/tekaohksp/Science-Full-Reward

I'll admit that the thought crossed my mind. I was pretty annoyed about how it was done (looked like a "look at me! I did a mod!" grab) so I admit I didn't want to PR the fix to Tekaoh. (edit: So basically I'm a jerk)

It seems I've misunderstood his intentions, for this I offer you both my apology. It should be sorted now, let me know if it's not.

16 hours ago, Tekaoh said:

Hello! Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to step on any toes by forking that mod. I originally intended to simply update the compatibility information for the original mod because it was stuck back at 1.4.1 but seemed to work fine for me on 1.7.1. This would have prevented users from having to use the compatibility override to install it. But after opening a PR to update that information, we decided I should fork the mod first because the original maintainer has not been around for a long time and would likely not be maintaining it.

Is the problem you've had with Breaking Ground the one with the surface goo contract that jumps way over the target and then breaks? I just heard about that yesterday and reproduced it today and intended to see about fixing it in the coming days. But if you already have, I'd certainly welcome a pull request! That way we could get it fixed up for everyone in a timely way. 

I replied to you in the other thread(s), and if I did it right, you should have a PR. :)

Edited by Jognt
Resolved in DM

7 hours ago, Jognt said:

My intention was certainly never to pretend that it was my mod. I linked the original thread in the new one, thanked the original author, kept his copyright in the license, and placed his name first in the author field on CKAN. My understanding was that it's common (and usually appreciated) for someone to volunteer to maintain a mod when the author is no longer active. I wasn't trying to do anything sneaky or deceptive, I was trying to be helpful.

Edited by Tekaoh

[snipped baseless attack on a good person]

Thank you for being quick to get it back up and maintained, without people like you, there'd be no maintained mods.

Edited by Jognt
Resolved in DM

5 hours ago, Jognt said:

[snip]

I wasn't yet aware of the particular bug in question. I was just making an effort to make the mod easy to install again because in the original thread, someone a few days ago was having an issue trying to figure out the CKAN compatibility override. I appreciate your correction and your code contribution. Thanks to you, a fixed v3.1 should be available on CKAN shortly.

Edited by Tekaoh